Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 [871] 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:48:28 PM

A new Digibyte Community Down Under - http://cryptooz.com/group/dgb-digibyte-community-group

Join up to keep in touch share ideas and spread the word.

Members
Photos
Videos
Events
Forum

See you there!

The site is a working progress of more things will be added as we go, but if you have any suggestions or thoughts I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

As one of the Digibyte dev's and an Australian how could I not sign up Smiley If I can help in anyway let me know.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:16:59 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 02:28:38 PM by HR

just to ask regarding the use of a desktop wallet - i backup my wallet.dat whenever necessary, like after i am done with transactions for the day, etc. i am not sure if backing up the wallet.dat is enough. so do we still need to know the private key of the desktop wallet?

The wallet.dat file is enough, you don't need the private key.

You can do a fresh install of the wallet on another computer, then close the program and replace the 'new' wallet.dat with your backup copy.

That is correct.

The private key is what you would use to create a paper wallet, and is a much more cumbersome, complicated and dangerous process that is only recommeded for expert users (since if done incorrectly you have a very good chance of losing your coins), and using 3rd party software to supposedly make that easier is even more dangerous.

Just to clarify some points here. A private key is used as an almost universal backup system. It can be used to import any funds tied to that address into every Digibyte wallet available be it Digibyte Core, Digibit, DigiElectrum, Digiandroid, Digibyte iOS or paper wallet. The danger comes from you loosing the private key or having it stolen as an attacker that has access to your private key has access to all your funds. In many ways a private key can be more secure than simply backing up your wallet.dat file. I've known people that have had their private key imprinted on bits of wood which they then store in a safe. Remember that all data can be stolen remotely (that is via the internet) not to mention that hard drives regularly fail, whereas someone would actually need physical access to whatever storage medium you have chosen to store your private key on in order to gain access to those funds.

Although yes for your average user backing up your wallet.dat file is more than enough to ensure you will always be able to access those funds in the future. I would recommend backing it up in a couple of places!

Cheers.

Nice additional information - especially the cross platform stuff.

I still can't stress enough how dangerous it can be though, and that private key (paper wallet) manipulation is for expert users. Think of what happens, for example, when the uninitiated, thinking the import process is taking too long, or that it isn't working at all, tries to abort! Goodbye private key coins. (And nobody think that the third party "cloud" software offering to do the job for you for free is free from their simply pirating your private key either.)

The average user needs to learn to do the process in a secure way on his or her own, and then if they want to send money to another wallet they have, they should do it the normal way. The everyday user should be instructed on the safest and easiest way to do things (and even then, things will go wrong), similar to what I was doing in the second half of the post you quoted but left out ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg10635714#msg10635714 ).

And "backing it up in a couple of places", at very least!!!! As you mention, storage media can and will fail!!! And, if you're backing up private keys too, that includes your private key storage media as well!!!! And this even means different physical locations!!! Imagine your home catches fire . . .  Sad

Serious stuff that certainly needs standardization. Things are complicated enough as it is with cryptographic digital currencies, let alone we unduely complicate them more.

Best Practice ideas and instructions are not easy to come by. Thanks for contributing to that end.

I'll put this together into a nice simple and easy HOWTO on Asistec TI as soon as I possibly can - as you know, I'm very busy at the moment.

cryptodance

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:13:24 PM

What is the advantage of Digibyte Core over Digibit?
Digibyte Core requires you to download the entire blockchain; whereas, Digibit does not.
Are there other significant differences between the two?
esotericizm

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:49:02 PM

Digibyte Core requires you to download the entire blockchain; whereas, Digibit does not.

Thats essentially the bulk of it.

Digibyte core will always start blockchain sync from block 0 (unless you have the bootstrap.dat file I posted earlier). Digibit can be updated with checkpoint files so that it can start syncing at bassically any point in the chain. Digibit will also only download the "Blockchain Headers" which means it will use less data and be a much faster sync overall.

Digibyte Core supports some more advanced features that Digibit doesnt. Examples of this would be Multisig Address Support (ie DGBWallet.com).

All in all Digibit is more aimed towards the newer user who doesnt want to download the entire blockchain but still wants to accept/send digibyte.

If you have the choice and don't need to immediately receive or send Digibyte then I would suggest downloading the core client.

Cheers.
William_Man

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:24:40 PM

How can there be such a big team on this coin but the only exchange you can get it onto is that shitty coinmarket thing...?
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:26:35 PM

Digibyte core will always start blockchain sync from block 0 (unless you have the bootstrap.dat file I posted earlier). Digibit can be updated with checkpoint files so that it can start syncing at bassically any point in the chain. Digibit will also only download the "Blockchain Headers" which means it will use less data and be a much faster sync overall.

Digibyte Core supports some more advanced features that Digibit doesnt. Examples of this would be Multisig Address Support (ie DGBWallet.com).

All in all Digibit is more aimed towards the newer user who doesnt want to download the entire blockchain but still wants to accept/send digibyte.

If you have the choice and don't need to immediately receive or send Digibyte then I would suggest downloading the core client.

Cheers.

Multisig Address Support...is it the one that can create multiple Receiving Address?
if it is, darn. that's one important feature i will need. would be awesome if Digibit has it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

yoyoamigo

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:31:20 PM

How can there be such a big team on this coin but the only exchange you can get it onto is that shitty coinmarket thing...?

William_Man, all the exchanges that has DGB can be found here: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/#markets

For your convenience:
Cryptsy - https://www.cryptsy.com/
Bittrex - https://bittrex.com/   
Poloniex - https://poloniex.com/   
Comkort - https://comkort.com/
Cryptoine - https://cryptoine.com/

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

esotericizm

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:33:46 PM

Cheers.

Multisig Address Support...is it the one that can create multiple Receiving Address?
if it is, darn. that's one important feature i will need. would be awesome if Digibit has it.

Digibit HD will have multisig support but I have no release date as of yet!
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:35:22 PM

Cheers.

well I am buying back!  This time we are long term! Continue on making the best altcoin there is... Soon Remax will accept us also Smiley

pc888
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1000

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:45:58 PM

A new Digibyte Community Down Under - http://cryptooz.com/group/dgb-digibyte-community-group

Join up to keep in touch share ideas and spread the word.

Members
Photos
Videos
Events
Forum

See you there!

The site is a working progress of more things will be added as we go, but if you have any suggestions or thoughts I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

As one of the Digibyte dev's and an Australian how could I not sign up Smiley If I can help in anyway let me know.

Great to hear thanks - Keep spreading the Digibyte word!

Lovethecoins

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

Also I was wondering.. does tipbot work on facebook?

WhaleOrNot

Activity: 136

I'm Embarrassed to be here

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:48:32 PM

Cheers.

well I am buying back!  This time we are long term! Continue on making the best altcoin there is... Soon Remax will accept us also Smiley

lol yea sure, as soon as you 5-20% up, you will sell just like everyone else does.
WhaleOrNot

Activity: 136

I'm Embarrassed to be here

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:01:52 PM

That 24 btc buy on cryptsy is just as bogus as it was when it was sitting @ 60 sats, and 74 sats too.. it will disapear as soon as it starts eating coins.
Lovethecoins

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:58:55 PM

Cheers.

lol yea sure, as soon as you 5-20% up, you will sell just like everyone else does.

That really is the reality of it.

Not true at all.. I have many coins I have been holding for a long time now but a run from 16sat over 100 was enough for me too walk away for the time being... Now I can buy double the digibyte I owned last month.... My only concern with digibyte is how many are being mined per day if the price ever does reach something special that will be quite a few coins... I am not a day trader Smiley

Lovethecoins

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:00:00 PM

That 24 btc buy on cryptsy is just as bogus as it was when it was sitting @ 60 sats, and 74 sats too.. it will disapear as soon as it starts eating coins.

Also agree have been watching for a while now waiting for the right entry price... That wall has come and gone time and time again lol

LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609

DMD,XZC

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:58:33 AM

Official  pool down  Sad

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 02:21:01 AM

Official  pool down  Sad

We mine it quite often on www.xpool.ca. Just set your DGB address.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:58:12 AM

We will hit 200 sat soon(weeks,months), This will double with speculation . It's up to the miners and dedicated investors not to sell for less than what they'd think the price would be one year from now. Even if they are day traders wanting to make small gains

So, just for fun, I thought I'd pull out the calculator and drum up a low end "ballpark" figure, and, using the most conservative long term averaged estimate I think possible (which is to say that the real cost will most probably be much higher), in order to mine (create/bring into existance/produce) all the projected 21 billion DGB, the total electricity cost in USD terms will be roughly 10 million dollars. That, translated into satoshi, would be approximately 206 SAT - the lowest of the low ball figures. And that's only the electricity cost!

And we’ve also got to tack on fixed hardware investment costs to that rough 200 SAT figure. I estimate that a low ball figure for that would be another 25% or so – roughly another 50 SAT. Then, people want to get paid for their time, and, obviously, there is time that goes into mining, like initial setup and maintenance. Add another 50 SAT. Early stage venture capital investments usually look for at least a 7.5x return on their investment, so that would take our base price up to 2,250 SAT. What happens then is that the early stage venture capitalists sell to late stage venture capitalists who look for something around 3 times investment – 6,750 SAT. Once we have a mature and proven product that qualifies as investment grade, “normal” investors begin to participate, and they expect to see at least a 10% annual return for investing in still relatively young and risky products, and that would take us to 17,500 SAT, which would still be substantially below DigiBytes’ intended target of 1000:1 with BTC. With today’s BTC pricing by the way, that would almost be a nickel, while the 1000:1 target would be a quarter, or 0.25 USD, the perfect micro-payment value that DGB should have by the time it becomes a widely accepted monetary unit used for micro-payments (and I forgot to mention fiat inflation - one of the main reasons for investing in crytographic digital currencies - which, over a 10 year period of time could cause the value of both BTC and DGB to skyrocket, leaving all my conservative estimates behind in the dust).

What happens in real life though is that, just like there is a lag time in the early stages in price reflecting what early investors with foresight envision, there is an eventual inflexion point where psychology inverts and investors 'suddenly' move beyond simplistic analysis and wake up to the long term price potential, and that's when future potential is suddenly "discounted" positively and price, instead of lagging, begins to surge well in advance of projected expectations. The long and the short of this is that, while it may take many years for DGB to actually become the operative micro-payment vehicle is intends to be, it may be priced as such years in advance of actually achieving that goal.

Hi HR.  I don't know if you saw it, but Coindesk published an article about ALFAquotes ... they use a similar method (as yours above) to calculate valuation for BTC.   So, you're obviously ahead of the curve.  I 100% agree with you that the current market value of DGB is well below where it will be in the future.  Although, as much as I agree, I'm not entirely convinced by arguments that work toward an "intrinsic valuation" of any digital currency - at least not one that's independent of other external variables.  Still,, I agree with your broad discussion of value, and thought it was fun that the Digibyte community was posting these ideas days before they went mainstream.
The_Cashier

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:01:59 AM

Pool is up again
yoyoamigo

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 09:58:06 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 10:36:14 AM by yoyoamigo

i have several cryptocoins. problem is this - i download all the blockchain onto C Drive and i want to shift all of them to another Drive because C Drive is my SSD and its only 64GB.

As far as i know, Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Digibyte installers allow users to choose the directory of where they want the blockchain data to be.
CHEERS to Digibyte!! Good job on having this option Grin

all my other coins are still on C Drive and their installers don't have the option to choose the directory.
Anyone knows how to do this shifting and still allow the wallet to sync and download the blockchain data?

Pages: « 1 ... 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 [871] 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: