Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:27:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 [916] 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:08:36 AM

That seems to generate an error in the wallet. Have you been able to do that?

YC

For you folks that are larger holders of DGB, how are you splitting it with multiple addresses? Does the wallet allow you to send DGB within addresses when they are already in your wallet? I thought that capability was not there.

24, I am still alive! Thanks for checking up on me. I didn't forget you. Smiley

YC

I think, since the block chain is created over transactions, if you create a new address and send to it, then it must be recorded in the rich list with the new address, even though all DGBs you sent is in the same wallet. That is my plausible guess, anybody ?

No, not with the recent wallets. But I keep them in different computers with different wallets, even with a virtual machine as well. I divided them into 4-5 and also a small amount at the exchanges. Even, I cannot know the full amount right now  Cheesy I have always used the same one address in those different wallets. Someone else might help you.

Update: I have just successfully created multiple DGB addresses on one wallet of Ubuntu version.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:12:04 AM

H,
 So let me understand something. If you have multiple addresses in one wallet, will it still look like 1 wallet? I thought that was the purpose of using multiple wallet addresses to make the amounts look spread out more efficiently.

A bit confused.  Undecided

YC

For you folks that are larger holders of DGB, how are you splitting it with multiple addresses? Does the wallet allow you to send DGB within addresses when they are already in your wallet? I thought that capability was not there.

YC

I think, since the block chain is created over transactions, if you create a new address and send to it, then it must be recorded in the rich list with the new address, even though all DGBs you sent is in the same wallet. That is my plausible guess, anybody ?

No, not with the recent wallets. But I keep them in different computers with different wallets, even with a virtual machine as well. I divided them into 4-5 and also a small amount at the exchanges. Even, I cannot know the full amount right now  Cheesy I have always used the same one address in those different wallets. Someone else might help you.

Update: I have just successfully created multiple DGB addresses on one wallet of Ubuntu version.
ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:14:40 AM

It's definitely possible to create multiple addresses on one wallet, but once done, can you take DGB from Address 1 and send it to Address 2 within the same wallet?

YC

YC

YC

ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:02:01 PM

Samos,
 Thank you for the feedback. I will attempt to try this. Was not possible before as the wallet generated an error.

YC

It's definitely possible to create multiple addresses on one wallet, but once done, can you take DGB from Address 1 and send it to Address 2 within the same wallet?

YC

YC

YC

Yes you can, I do it all the time with my mining wallet, only have small hash rate and otherwise too many inputs creates a hassle trying to send them elsewhere.
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:31:34 PM

@Jared there is a translatorhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=225121for spanish that contact you but you don't give them response can you check your pm?
Spanish section on the DigiByte website is kind of important in my opinion:)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1009433

bogglor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:41:21 PM

H,
 So let me understand something. If you have multiple addresses in one wallet, will it still look like 1 wallet? I thought that was the purpose of using multiple wallet addresses to make the amounts look spread out more efficiently.

Multiple addresses in the same wallet will not show up all as one in the richlist. This is the main reason why a richlist is nothing more than a 'high score' list for bragging rights. (My wallet has multiple addresses that I've used for different mining pools so I can keep track of how much each pool has made.)

If you have multiple addresses in your wallet, you would need to send all of the coins in your wallet to one of your addresses, that way they would all show up in the richlist as one address.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:52:53 PM

H,

A bit confused.  Undecided

Multiple addresses in the same wallet will not show up all as one in the richlist. This is the main reason why a richlist is nothing more than a 'high score' list for bragging rights. (My wallet has multiple addresses that I've used for different mining pools so I can keep track of how much each pool has made.)

If you have multiple addresses in your wallet, you would need to send all of the coins in your wallet to one of your addresses, that way they would all show up in the richlist as one address.

Yes, exactly. Once a transaction made to an address, that address shows on the blockchain and in the rich list. Block chain does not care about if they are in the same wallet or not... The main thing is the address. So you can send DGBs to the same wallet with different addresses generated on the same wallet, and at the rich list people see them at different addresses, even though they are at the same wallet.

Sorry for the confusion YC, I totally misunderstood what you meant and lead to a slightly different topic, which is clarified above.

Best,
Halin
ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:54:10 PM

You are correct. I suppose folks are still interested in a distribution of the coin, but not sure it's a very accurate assessment anyways.

YC

H,

ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:56:47 PM

One further clarification. If the DGB are transferring within addresses on your wallet, you do not have to send them to an exchange first correct? Sorry for the silly questions. Bit of a noob. Smiley

YC

H,

Yes, exactly. Once a transaction made to an address, that address shows on the blockchain and in the rich list. Block chain does not care about if they are in the same wallet or not... The main thing is the address. So you can send DGBs to the same wallet with different addresses generated on the same wallet, and at the rich list people see them at different addresses, even though they are at the same wallet.

Sorry for the confusion YC, I totally misunderstood what you meant and lead to a slightly different topic, which is clarified above.

Best,
Halin
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 12:57:57 PM

You are correct. I suppose folks are still interested in a distribution of the coin, but not sure it's a very accurate assessment anyways.

YC

H,

Missing 1 of my wallets in the list.  Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:58:57 PM

How so? You don't have a lot in there? Smiley

YC

YC

H,

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 01:01:46 PM

Ow enough to get in the list haha but i dont care..It's just a list. Thats it.

YC

YC

H,

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:03:07 PM

I appreciate the list, but so much changes so frequently. Something perceived a top wallet may not be in a short period of time. Distribution is a bit skewed.

YC

Ow enough to get in the list haha but i dont care..It's just a list. Thats it.

YC

YC

H,

halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:05:29 PM

One further clarification. If the DGB are transferring within addresses on your wallet, you do not have to send them to an exchange first correct? Sorry for the silly questions. Bit of a noob. Smiley

YC

H,

Best,
Halin

Yes, because it is a network and each transaction counts differently regardless of the wallet, due to the block-chain nature.
ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:08:31 PM

I tested this and here is what happens. You create Address 2. You send 1 DGB from Address 1 to Address 2 and then it says payment to yourself and the quantity is 0. Why would this occur?

Update: The confirmations are complete and it says Debit of 1 DGB and then Credit of 1 DGB. The net is 0. I suppose this is because it is within the wallet. Anyone clarify? Is there a way to look at each address in your wallet to identify the total amount in each?

YC
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:14:04 PM

YC

Your wallet can hold multiple addresses. Lose your wallet, lose what's in every address. You can send from one address to another just like you can to any address created in the Blockchain. What's important to remember here is that if you want to backup your private keys (versus backing up the entire wallet), you need to back them up individually, one at a time.

If you want separate wallets for each address, follow these instructions:

1) install DigiByte Core
2) encrypt your wallet and let it sync
3) close DigiByte Core
4) backup your wallet.dat file and rename it anything you like, but something like wallet101.dat might help you keep track
5) launch DigyByte Core, and a new address will automatically be created and assigned to a newly created wallet.dat file
6) encrypt your wallet (no need to sync again, that was done already on the first install)
7) close DigiByte Core
Cool backup your wallet.dat file and rename it anything you like, but something like wallet102.dat might help you keep track
9) wash, rinse and repeat the number of times you like

IMPORTANT NOTE: Always rename your wallet before saving it to backup media, NEVER WORK WITH the base wallet.dat file! If you were to copy one with the other, you'd be "up the creek".

ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:17:13 PM

HR,
 As always, thanks for all your contributions and insight. This seems to be a bit of a more cumbersome method to keep launching wallets. I suppose the difference here is that you are creating MULTIPLE wallets with MULTIPLE addresses versus the first is a SINGLE wallet with MULTIPLE addresses. Am I correct in my understanding?

YC

YC

Your wallet can hold multiple addresses. Lose your wallet, lose what's in every address. You can send from one address to another just like you can to any address created in the Blockchain. What's important to remember here is that if you want to backup your private keys (versus backing up the entire wallet), you need to back them up individually, one at a time.

If you want separate wallets for each address, follow these instructions:

1) install DigiByte Core
2) encrypt your wallet and let it sync
3) close DigiByte Core
4) backup your wallet.dat file and rename it anything you like, but something like wallet101.dat might help you keep track
5) launch DigyByte Core, and a new address will automatically be created and assigned to a newly created wallet.dat file
6) encrypt your wallet (no need to sync again, that was done already on the first install)
7) close DigiByte Core
Cool backup your wallet.dat file and rename it anything you like, but something like wallet102.dat might help you keep track
9) wash, rinse and repeat the number of times you like

IMPORTANT NOTE: Always rename your wallet before saving it to backup media, NEVER WORK WITH the base wallet.dat file! If you were to copy one with the other, you'd be "up the creek".

halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:17:53 PM

I tested this and here is what happens. You create Address 2. You send 1 DGB from Address 1 to Address 2 and then it says payment to yourself and the quantity is 0. Why would this occur?

Update: The confirmations are complete and it says Debit of 1 DGB and then Credit of 1 DGB. The net is 0. I suppose this is because it is within the wallet. Anyone clarify? Is there a way to look at each address in your wallet to identify the total amount in each?

YC

Did you see the TX ID? If yes, then it means you sent it to your wallet using the new address.
You may want to confirm it on the block-chain, check with the block explorer.

If not, that could be because the amount is too small, but it seems like you have debited and credited it successfully. Smiley

ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:22:18 PM

H,
 Thanks for working with a beginner like me. The transaction ID is valid and there. More silly questions:

1.Where do I check the transaction on the blockchain?

2.What am I looking for specifically to validate it?

As always, appreciate it in advance. Must be small as I am nothing compared to the stars in this community!

YC

YC

Did you see the TX ID? If yes, then it means you sent it to your wallet using the new address.
You may want to confirm it on the block-chain, check with the block explorer.

If not, that could be because the amount is too small, but it seems like you have debited and credited it successfully. Smiley

ycagel

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:26:28 PM

Also, when you send DGB within addresses in a wallet or wallets, are there fees being assessed? I am assuming not, but wanted to be clear.

YC
Pages: « 1 ... 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 [916] 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: