Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
bogglor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:44:45 PM

We will have the updated client that fixes the ssl bug out later today. The URI payment protocol in the new client (2.9.0) is affected. I'm unaware of any web services for DigiByte that implements the payment protocol so risk should be very low. Once the new client is released if you were using 2.9.0 it would be best to send your DigiBytes to a completely new wallet and delete the old one. While this step isn't required I always err on the side of caution.

If your still using DigiByte 2.0.0 you should have no issues but coin control in the new client alone makes the update worth it.
Regarding the Open SSL issue. The older client is not at risk like the 0.9 client is / was.

The 2.0.0 version of the windows wallet uses OpenSSL 1.0.1e, and you are saying this is safe?

Even though on www.heartbleed.com it says:

What versions of the OpenSSL are affected?

Status of different versions:

OpenSSL 1.0.1 through 1.0.1f (inclusive) are vulnerable

I just want to be clear on this. I'm not trying to argue with you, it just seems like conflicting information.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:45:55 PM

We will have the updated client that fixes the ssl bug out later today. The URI payment protocol in the new client (2.9.0) is affected. I'm unaware of any web services for DigiByte that implements the payment protocol so risk should be very low. Once the new client is released if you were using 2.9.0 it would be best to send your DigiBytes to a completely new wallet and delete the old one. While this step isn't required I always err on the side of caution.

If your still using DigiByte 2.0.0 you should have no issues but coin control in the new client alone makes the update worth it.
Regarding the Open SSL issue. The older client is not at risk like the 0.9 client is / was.

The 2.0.0 version of the windows wallet uses OpenSSL 1.0.1e, and you are saying this is safe?

I just want to be clear on this. I'm not trying to argue with you, it just seems like conflicting information.

its NOT safe. Needs update AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:05:17 PM

I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

If anyone knows an explorer with this feature drop a line.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
eightspaces

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:06:07 PM

I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

If anyone knows an explorer with this feature drop a line.

niothor u are a cuty pie icebear
ltcjunky43

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:24:53 PM

I would like access to the media packet as I would like to take initiative to contact some publications to do a story on Digibyte. Also, it would be beneficial for the community to use Reddit as the main central area to discuss. Let's keep pushing forward.

Kind Regards,
YC

Today We are Kicking off a Digi-Awareness Campaign for the next 6 weeks!

Advertising Goals:
1) Finish a Media Packet to send to reporters/ regulators & more investors!
2) Launch a YouTube video series with the founder of DigiByte to explain things in detail and to give people a personalized insight into the crypto world & DigiByte
3) How-to beginner guides on the website as well as other website upgrades.
4) Continue meetings & discussions with investors to get Digi-Pay.com off the ground
5) Establish a Marketing & PR Team

Tech Goals
1) Finish 2.9.1 OpenSSL upgrade & fix
2) Reach a final decision on the algorithm change.

How You Can Help:
1) Spread the word!
2) Create DigiByte content & resources to share
3) Get to know us better!

+1

I can help with this as well.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 09:25:10 PM

We are working on the update to 2.9.1 that will fix the OpenSSL bug as we speak.

creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 10:02:12 PM

We are working on the update to 2.9.1 that will fix the OpenSSL bug as we speak.

good! Wink Wink

I am by no means ultimately-informed -> however, it was my understanding that the heart bleed bug would not affect your average user.

If you aren't using SSL for rpc'ing to a server or some such application, and connecting using SSL to an unknown or untrustworthy host, your memory data should not be exposed (at least that was how I understood it).  Further, even if some of your memory was exposed, it would take a concerted attack to expose many small chunks of memory to ever get the key and break the security entirely.

I might be mistaken, but I have not changed any of my behavior because of the bug, as I do not see it as such an issue concerning general usage.

eightspaces

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:02:40 PM

good! Wink Wink

I am by no means ultimately-informed -> however, it was my understanding that the heart bleed bug would not affect your average user.

If you aren't using SSL for rpc'ing to a server or some such application, and connecting using SSL to an unknown or untrustworthy host, your memory data should not be exposed (at least that was how I understood it).  Further, even if some of your memory was exposed, it would take a concerted attack to expose many small chunks of memory to ever get the key and break the security entirely.

I might be mistaken, but I have not changed any of my behavior because of the bug, as I do not see it as such an issue concerning general usage.

yes but nevertheless it should be fixed.
creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 10:04:39 PM

good! Wink Wink

yes but nevertheless it should be fixed.

Indeed, a fix is being built as we speak Smiley

btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:30:10 PM

Time for some new bounties? The list is long and there haven't been any lately.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:36:54 PM

DigiByte is now live @CryptoCzar! Very professional exchange team we met at the NYC convention! https://cryptoczar.com/market

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:18:55 AM

Very good idea. We will work on getting some lined up. Anyone have any suggestions, what could we use right now for a boost?

The_Cashier

Activity: 335

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:59:29 AM

Very good idea. We will work on getting some lined up. Anyone have any suggestions, what could we use right now for a boost?
Have you tried approaching local merchant ?
,./,./

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:43:34 PM

this was say at the netherlands bitcointalk.org

Ja mooie van Digibyte is ook dat ze Doge hebben geholpen om Digishield te implementeren (zo vertelde de dev).

Zo zou het veel maker moeten zijn, dat cryptomunten elkaar de hand reiken en van elkaar leren :-).
De meeste munten willen allemaal hetzelfde, een alternatief van het huidige geldsysteem zonder een derde partij ertussen.

Samen sta je sterker !

translate to english:

the great thing of digibyte that they help doge to imports digishield (so said the dev)

this will/must (difficult to translate) a lot of more times, that cryptocurriens help together (also difficult to translate)
the must of the coins will everything the same: a alternative from the money system now, without a third group (also difficult to translate)

together you stay stronger!

good work dev!

DigiHobo

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:18:04 PM

Spare some change?

http://theimghost.com/?dt=ECRE
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:57:18 PM

I'm really disappointed about so many selling DGB between 40 and 60. Why? This coin has great fundamentals compared to all those pump & dumps.

Angry
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:09:23 PM

Rather than be disappointed, let's focus on relationships we all have to engage the end user to add DGB. If you folks read Amazon's statement, they are not willing to accept BTC. Can we make a compelling proposal as a payment system to have them add us?

Need to strike while the iron is hot.

I'm really disappointed about so many selling DGB between 40 and 60. Why? This coin has great fundamentals compared to all those pump & dumps.

Angry
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:10:20 PM

Rather than be disappointed, let's focus on relationships we all have to engage the end user to add DGB. If you folks read Amazon's statement, they are not willing to accept BTC. Can we make a compelling proposal as a payment system to have them add us?

Need to strike while the iron is hot.

Angry
Very good point! Now is the time!

Ryven Cedrylle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:00:33 PM

Digibyte should also think about claiming a social media network via a tipbot and a good community. I recommend Google Plus. Like someone said earlier, I heard about Digibyte through Dogecoin and Dogecoin because of a random article about it and Facebook integration (or the lack thereof). I then put out a Tweet asking if Dogecoin was real and suddenly I had like 600 of them from random people. I'd never even heard of altcoins up to that point. We're still in the phase as a concept (again, altcoins in general) where 'they' have to come to 'us' to know 'we' exist.

Digibyte has a lot of good tech foundations that unless you care about them (and as a chemist with a crypto hobby I only sort of get what's going on), aren't marketing-worthy.  Selling things with altcoin is putting the cart before the horse. Why not just use fiat? I already have it. The channels are in place. It's reliable. The coin needs a use besides speculation to get it to the point where it's economically viable. Has anyone considered talking to Zynga about making Digibyte the currency of Farmville? Imagine what that would do for the coin. What if you could trade Candy Crush points for it? Integrate it for in-app Plants vs. Zombies purchases? Heck, tie it to a YouTube account and pass it to video producers you like? There's a metric crapton of open space altcoins haven't wandered into yet because everyone's all trying to out-USD Litecoin. Dogecoin stumbled into the answer by mistake. Digibytecoin can do it on purpose.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:36:30 PM

Ryven,
 This is actually a fantastic idea. I know Quark has been used for Shaq-Fu's new video game and they will have that crypto as a form of payment. Integrating with Zynga or another large gaming platform is beneficial due to exposure and also the loyalty the gaming community provides. Any contacts there?

YC

Digibyte should also think about claiming a social media network via a tipbot and a good community. I recommend Google Plus. Like someone said earlier, I heard about Digibyte through Dogecoin and Dogecoin because of a random article about it and Facebook integration (or the lack thereof). I then put out a Tweet asking if Dogecoin was real and suddenly I had like 600 of them from random people. I'd never even heard of altcoins up to that point. We're still in the phase as a concept (again, altcoins in general) where 'they' have to come to 'us' to know 'we' exist.

Digibyte has a lot of good tech foundations that unless you care about them (and as a chemist with a crypto hobby I only sort of get what's going on), aren't marketing-worthy.  Selling things with altcoin is putting the cart before the horse. Why not just use fiat? I already have it. The channels are in place. It's reliable. The coin needs a use besides speculation to get it to the point where it's economically viable. Has anyone considered talking to Zynga about making Digibyte the currency of Farmville? Imagine what that would do for the coin. What if you could trade Candy Crush points for it? Integrate it for in-app Plants vs. Zombies purchases? Heck, tie it to a YouTube account and pass it to video producers you like? There's a metric crapton of open space altcoins haven't wandered into yet because everyone's all trying to out-USD Litecoin. Dogecoin stumbled into the answer by mistake. Digibytecoin can do it on purpose.
Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: