Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:55:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
Ryven Cedrylle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:38:32 PM

I'm afraid I don't. I have a million ideas and no way to implement them. I'm like Selma Hayek in Dogma.  Cheesy
Ryven Cedrylle

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:58:48 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 08:12:52 PM by Ryven Cedrylle

...actually, I take that back. I do have one connection. I can get to Mike and Jerry at Penny Arcade through a good friend of mine. They're not doing any video game production at the moment, but if we can find something else I've got a decent shot at getting it covered on PA.

edit: Duh! I forgot the Escapist. I know Jon Bolding over there. We've gamed together before (tabletop RPGs). I can definitely get a press release there.
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

I see their website, but honestly, have never heard of them. Looks like they have been around a long time. What's the angle with them? I am sure the team is open.

YC

...actually, I take that back. I do have one connection. I can get to Mike and Jerry at Penny Arcade through a good friend of mine. They're not doing any video game production at the moment, but if we can find something else I've got a decent shot at getting it covered on PA.
,./,./

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:24:27 PM

I see their website, but honestly, have never heard of them. Looks like they have been around a long time. What's the angle with them? I am sure the team is open.

YC

are you also from digibyte dev team YC?
you do a lot of things for digibyte and you are very active on this forum...

ycagel

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:13:17 PM

I am not part of the development team. Just rooting for the success of DGB and have a reasonable investment.

Let's take this a step further. Once we get the media kits, here are some of companies we should contact to help the acceptance of DGB get more steam.

1.Forbes
2.Amazon
3.Zynga or King (gaming)
4.Celebrity endorsements -- create a bot to start spreading small amounts of DGB

Thoughts?

YC

YC

are you also from digibyte dev team YC?
you do a lot of things for digibyte and you are very active on this forum...

ycagel

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:17:17 PM

Ryven,
 I think the press release would be awesome. Even getting a beta setup for them to accept DGB would be fantastic. Once I receive the media kit, let's talk over PM or offline to come up with a game plan. The more we band as a community and stop worrying about price volatility, the faster the coin will rise. We have a very prime opportunity right now with the huge amount of capital sitting on the sidelines and vulnerability of BTC to make a move.

YC

edit: Duh! I forgot the Escapist. I know Jon Bolding over there. We've gamed together before (tabletop RPGs). I can definitely get a press release there.
ycagel

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:35:39 PM

Jared,
 As the developer of DGB, can you send a tweet to Roger Huang? He is the author of the Pot Coin story on Tech Crunch. Maybe he would be open to doing something on DGB. If you want to initiate and pass it to me, totally open.

https://twitter.com/Rogerh1991

YC
Ryven Cedrylle

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:53:35 PM

Ryven,
 I think the press release would be awesome. Even getting a beta setup for them to accept DGB would be fantastic. Once I receive the media kit, let's talk over PM or offline to come up with a game plan. The more we band as a community and stop worrying about price volatility, the faster the coin will rise. We have a very prime opportunity right now with the huge amount of capital sitting on the sidelines and vulnerability of BTC to make a move.

YC

Sounds like a plan. Now to get on Escapist or PA, we do need to be related to a game somehow. We can't just be "hey look, here's this altcoin!" The trick might be to find a smaller game publisher who might not normally be up for altcoin integration and have the devs (or someone who has the authorization to negotiate on behalf of the coin) use the combination of the inherent power of DGB plus the chance to get noticed on PA/Escapist as incentive.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 11:13:59 PM

If anyone would like to help us test out V 2.9.1 before we release it as the main download it you can download the x64 windows version here: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.1-win64-setup.exe

This fixes the OpenSSL bug.

ycagel

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:50:58 AM

So here's a question. Do we know any games that are looking to get funding? I can't authorize this, but maybe the dev and team are open to pitching a few DGB to help get that process rolling. With that we can then be part of a game and the payments to purchase within the interface could be done with DGB. Just some wild thoughts here. Gaming is a huge way for us to gain additional exposure.

YC

Ryven,

YC

Sounds like a plan. Now to get on Escapist or PA, we do need to be related to a game somehow. We can't just be "hey look, here's this altcoin!" The trick might be to find a smaller game publisher who might not normally be up for altcoin integration and have the devs (or someone who has the authorization to negotiate on behalf of the coin) use the combination of the inherent power of DGB plus the chance to get noticed on PA/Escapist as incentive.
ycagel

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:51:54 AM

Jared,
 For those using the older wallet prior to any updates (the one when Digishield got released), does there need to be an update done to that version? If so, what specific files do we need to overwrite (for the non techies)? Smiley

YC

If anyone would like to help us test out V 2.9.1 before we release it as the main download it you can download the x64 windows version here: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.1-win64-setup.exe

Ryven Cedrylle

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:55:07 AM

So here's a question. Do we know any games that are looking to get funding? I can't authorize this, but maybe the dev and team are open to pitching a few DGB to help get that process rolling. With that we can then be part of a game and the payments to purchase within the interface could be done with DGB. Just some wild thoughts here. Gaming is a huge way for us to gain additional exposure.

YC

Kickstarter. There's always a couple dozen floating around. There's risk involved, of course, but with a little discretion the pickins' are ripe.
ltcjunky43

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:37:39 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 01:04:50 PM by ltcjunky43

Ryven,
 This is actually a fantastic idea. I know Quark has been used for Shaq-Fu's new video game and they will have that crypto as a form of payment. Integrating with Zynga or another large gaming platform is beneficial due to exposure and also the loyalty the gaming community provides. Any contacts there?

YC

Digibyte should also think about claiming a social media network via a tipbot and a good community. I recommend Google Plus. Like someone said earlier, I heard about Digibyte through Dogecoin and Dogecoin because of a random article about it and Facebook integration (or the lack thereof). I then put out a Tweet asking if Dogecoin was real and suddenly I had like 600 of them from random people. I'd never even heard of altcoins up to that point. We're still in the phase as a concept (again, altcoins in general) where 'they' have to come to 'us' to know 'we' exist.

Digibyte has a lot of good tech foundations that unless you care about them (and as a chemist with a crypto hobby I only sort of get what's going on), aren't marketing-worthy.  Selling things with altcoin is putting the cart before the horse. Why not just use fiat? I already have it. The channels are in place. It's reliable. The coin needs a use besides speculation to get it to the point where it's economically viable. Has anyone considered talking to Zynga about making Digibyte the currency of Farmville? Imagine what that would do for the coin. What if you could trade Candy Crush points for it? Integrate it for in-app Plants vs. Zombies purchases? Heck, tie it to a YouTube account and pass it to video producers you like? There's a metric crapton of open space altcoins haven't wandered into yet because everyone's all trying to out-USD Litecoin. Dogecoin stumbled into the answer by mistake. Digibytecoin can do it on purpose.

I could contact a few indie game devs that I have spoken with before to see if they could integrate digibyte in any way

Edit: I could also promote it on my youtube channel. It's growing fast. Maybe when I get above 25,000 Subscribers I will do something involving Digibyte (Sell shirts, stuff like that)
ltcjunky43

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:13:11 PM

This could be important for Digibyte:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

Each vote costs 0.001 BTC, and all of it (apparently) goes to charity. You can only vote once. Any other votes that you do resets your first vote, and you don't get a refund.
ycagel

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:14:25 PM

LTC,
 All awesome ideas! Let's contact the indie developers and start figuring out what type of material we can spread on Youtube. We also need more folks to post on the Reddit channel. It seems a bit quiet there.

YC

Ryven,
 This is actually a fantastic idea. I know Quark has been used for Shaq-Fu's new video game and they will have that crypto as a form of payment. Integrating with Zynga or another large gaming platform is beneficial due to exposure and also the loyalty the gaming community provides. Any contacts there?

YC

Digibyte should also think about claiming a social media network via a tipbot and a good community. I recommend Google Plus. Like someone said earlier, I heard about Digibyte through Dogecoin and Dogecoin because of a random article about it and Facebook integration (or the lack thereof). I then put out a Tweet asking if Dogecoin was real and suddenly I had like 600 of them from random people. I'd never even heard of altcoins up to that point. We're still in the phase as a concept (again, altcoins in general) where 'they' have to come to 'us' to know 'we' exist.

Digibyte has a lot of good tech foundations that unless you care about them (and as a chemist with a crypto hobby I only sort of get what's going on), aren't marketing-worthy.  Selling things with altcoin is putting the cart before the horse. Why not just use fiat? I already have it. The channels are in place. It's reliable. The coin needs a use besides speculation to get it to the point where it's economically viable. Has anyone considered talking to Zynga about making Digibyte the currency of Farmville? Imagine what that would do for the coin. What if you could trade Candy Crush points for it? Integrate it for in-app Plants vs. Zombies purchases? Heck, tie it to a YouTube account and pass it to video producers you like? There's a metric crapton of open space altcoins haven't wandered into yet because everyone's all trying to out-USD Litecoin. Dogecoin stumbled into the answer by mistake. Digibytecoin can do it on purpose.

I could contact a few indie game devs that I have spoken with before to see if they could integrate digibyte in any way

Edit: I could also promote it on my youtube channel. It's growing fast. Maybe when I get above 25,000 Subscribers I will do something involving Digibyte (Sell shirts, stuff like that)
ycagel

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:16:48 PM

Really sweet thought! In fact Kickstarter could be a great site for us to get ideas on merchants / future partners we want to work with. Find some high octane projects and let's brainstorm on how DGB can help.

YC

YC

Kickstarter. There's always a couple dozen floating around. There's risk involved, of course, but with a little discretion the pickins' are ripe.
ycagel

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:19:10 PM

Some really great feedback from DotaBeard on Reddit:

What I think should be done to make DigiByte more accessible (self.Digibyte)

submitted 5 hours ago* by dotabeardhttp://dgbmining.com

Hello everyone,

DigiByte is already a great friendly community that welcomes new members, which is great for new people. But we currently attract people that have some kind of technical background, not the general public. We need to change this.

DigiByte's goal from the start on was to make a currency for the people. But the majority of the people are not very tech-savvy. Here is what I think we should do to make DigiByte more relevant to them.

Make it clear that there are advantages over traditional banks. Why else would you put your money in something that's new?

Make it easier to use. One of the things we could be doing here is make the wallet update automatically or with great ease. As some of you may note this will create a single point of failure, but the majority of people simply aren't tech-savvy. And wouldn't know how to do it otherwise. An alternative solution is to have very secure sites (similar to banking sites) that have always updated wallets.

Explain what it's all about. e.g. Why should I trust this new medium? How does it work? How are new DigiBytes made? How safe is it? Are there any fees?

Have a DigiByte to USD exchange so the coin has some real life value, have ATM's that accept DigiBytes etc. Those ATM's should be placed in cities where they move quickly technology wise, like in New York.

Live up to it's name as a professional coin. This means a stellar site, with little to no downtime, no dead links and no little mistakes. (The windows circle still bothers me, and I have pointed it out on multiple occasions)

More communication from the devs. This point is mainly focused on personal messages and having general announcements on all social media. Instead of talking almost exclusively in the bitcointalk thread.

Release a white paper with all information about the coin. Laying out future plans, current/planned algorithms etc.

I'm still not sure about the looks of Digi-Man and if we even need a mascot. It just seems childish to me.

Have any more suggestions? Then please let me know in the comment section!

Closing note: I have been with DigiByte ~2 weeks from the start and firmly believe that this coin has a future. We have taken some good steps like DigiShield, but we still have a long way to go.

EDIT: Glad to see that there are currently no dead links on the site anymore, atleast on the front page that is.

There are still some here: http://digibyte.co/about-digibyte
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:20:43 PM

Jared,
 For those using the older wallet prior to any updates (the one when Digishield got released), does there need to be an update done to that version? If so, what specific files do we need to overwrite (for the non techies)? Smiley

YC

I’ve updated to 2.9.1  It is in an exe file so just backup your wallet to a safe place & you can run the program, it will automatically update for you. (The backup is just in case btw, you shouldn't need to copy/paste yourself to update)

ver 2.9.1 seems to be working & syncing fine for me btw.
ycagel

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:28:54 PM

Appreciate the guidance! I also think it is a wise time for all the long term believers of the coin to look at investing. The price has not moved much even with the volatility of BTC. The more we have invested for the long term sustainability the better. As a side note, I am not being asked to say this, just my opinion.

YC

Jared,

YC

I’ve updated to 2.9.1  It is in an exe file so just backup your wallet to a safe place & you can run the program, it will automatically update for you. (The backup is just in case btw, you shouldn't need to copy/paste yourself to update)

ver 2.9.1 seems to be working & syncing fine for me btw.
ycagel

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:30:27 PM

Any writers here that would be willing to do a white paper on DGB? I would take the initiative but I suck at writing. Smiley

YC
Pages: « 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: