Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:01:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:10:58 PM

stop quoting him lol
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:27:59 PM

Load me up at 15

rayaodi

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:05:06 AM

Hi Dev:

the Official DigiHash Pool for scrypt is not payout ,
     can you check it .

We have fixed the pool, reset it and all payouts should have been pushed out. Please let us know you received your payouts!

can't receive the coin from scrypt pool again . 
   so i think not fix the issue ,
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:21:47 AM

Curious what the community thinks:

Miners seem to be losing lots of money in Bitcoin right now due to expenses exceeding price. As a result, miners are leaving BTC as it is not profitable, which could then cause a deeper decline in BTC price. Has anyone else heard the same?

YC
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 02:24:13 AM

Hi Dev:

the Official DigiHash Pool for scrypt is not payout ,
     can you check it .

We have fixed the pool, reset it and all payouts should have been pushed out. Please let us know you received your payouts!

can't receive the coin from scrypt pool again . 
   so i think not fix the issue ,
We are checking in to this again.

Kayahoga

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:03:06 AM

Miners seem to be losing lots of money in Bitcoin right now due to expenses exceeding price. As a result, miners are leaving BTC as it is not profitable, which could then cause a deeper decline in BTC price. Has anyone else heard the same?

YC

I was having this discussion with a friend today.  We were thinking that as more and more places accept bitcoin it will drive the price down since most of BTC that is used for that type of transaction has been from miners not people buying BTC to then buy something.  When a big online store accepts bitcoin, for the most part they are just accepting the btc, selling the btc for fiat and further driving the price down.  Just our thoughts
Bagdar13

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:44:33 AM

YC

I was having this discussion with a friend today.  We were thinking that as more and more places accept bitcoin it will drive the price down since most of BTC that is used for that type of transaction has been from miners not people buying BTC to then buy something.  When a big online store accepts bitcoin, for the most part they are just accepting the btc, selling the btc for fiat and further driving the price down.  Just our thoughts

So this is a hard question as there are many causal reasons for price to go up and down, on these forums many thoughts have been put forth.  What is even harder to understand, and rarely discussed, is the difference in time associated with each of these effects.  So if one believes that more retailers converting Bitcoin to Fiat results in price deprecation the question is what is the time and rate of this depression in cost.  Certainly the time for this decrease in price will be different (faster or slower) than the price change from people ceasing to mine.  Less miners might result in fear about Bitcoin which could drive the price down.  However, if those miners who drop out are the same miners who were just converting to Fiat immediately this will actually remove selling pressure leading to a rise in the price of Bitcoin.  Again the hard part here is in understanding the strength and time delay associated with this activity.  A real economist would create a system dynamics model to simulate these linkages.  What makes it even harder is that this is really the first major cycle for crypto currency so we have no other proxy models to base analysis upon.  Remember Bitcoin technology doesn't need peta-hash+ level capability to operate that was only a second order consequence of the arms race caused by people wanting Bitcoin.

In the short term I think price direction will be more heavily influenced by what ever factor will happen fastest; likely this is neither adoption by companies nor erosion of faith from a decrease in hash-power.  Those two factors probably operate on a time-frame of 6 months to maybe even a year.  So we need to identify a factor that operates in a time frame of ~3 months to understand the near term factors which most heavily influence BTC. ( I think day trading and bots at this point are likely draining on the price on the same order as miners are dumping).  From a psychological perspective we must consider the endowment effect were a person will neither sell at a level nor is willing to acquire more.  At $260-$280 I will not buy any bit coin nor will I sell the once I have.

In one re-guard BTC is a victim of its own success, it hitting a large market cap in beta makes it hard to incorporate new ideas as a failure would destabilize a multi-billion dollar industry.  Altcoins such as DGB can push with much less fear, consider the 2 hardforks on this coin, that would be much harder for BTC at this point.  However, this enables substantial improvement and testing.  Most alt-coins have been scams or poor clones offering nothing, however, some good ideas have emerged and they have pushed forward crypto.  The fate of BTC in my mind will be in its ability to reap the best ideas developed in the crypto world over then coming years.  If they can reap the best ideas and incorporate them either directly or as add on then it will continue to grow as it provides more value to a large base.  If it fails other coins that can deliver better value will superseded its first mover advantage.  I don't think anyone has yet imagined what all this new technology will eventually deliver but it becomes clearer every day that this is powerful technology, but it might take a decade to really see where it is all going.

Those are a few of my thoughts since you asked...in regard to DGB, this coin has proven it can innovate in a fast and efficient manner.  I hold several million for that reason.
feendog

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:10:11 AM

hey everyone Smiley wondering if anyone can help me, im having trouble getting my wallet to sync i have updated to the latest version and it seems to be stuck at block 414819, like 3 days behind, it has been doin this for about 24 hours now, if anyone could help me i would much appreciate it Smiley thanks
AlexMc

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:41:59 AM

hey everyone Smiley wondering if anyone can help me, im having trouble getting my wallet to sync i have updated to the latest version and it seems to be stuck at block 414819, like 3 days behind, it has been doin this for about 24 hours now, if anyone could help me i would much appreciate it Smiley thanks

Hi

Had the same problem this morning with a friends wallet.

Try running "C:\Program Files\Digibyte\Digibyte-qt -reindex"

It took a bit of time to do the reindex, but it's working fine now.  I'd suggest you take a backup of your wallet.dat before you start, just in case.

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:43:42 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 12:57:29 PM by halinyo

YC

I was having this discussion with a friend today.  We were thinking that as more and more places accept bitcoin it will drive the price down since most of BTC that is used for that type of transaction has been from miners not people buying BTC to then buy something.  When a big online store accepts bitcoin, for the most part they are just accepting the btc, selling the btc for fiat and further driving the price down.  Just our thoughts

Yes this is unfortunately true. Bitcoin for merchants and business are not so reliable due to its volatility. Imagine you have taken credit from the bank and started doing a business and you have to pay those credits starting from other months. If you keep those coins, then you are risking your business. Instead, you would want to convert those btcs to whatever the price was when the consumer bought your product. Then you are safe. This can only change when bitcoin is semi-regulated (maybe) if you ask me, volatility is a huge problem, and it will determine the future of crypto.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 12:58:33 PM

Has anyone used sph-sgminer to mine skein on DigiByte? What GPU mining software is everyone using for skein?

24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:08:19 PM

Digibyte,will you attend/speak on the bitcoinexpo londen?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:43:46 PM

I also need to know this. I will try to catch if DGB is going to be there.
King117

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:57:15 PM

I'd try and get down also to support if I could get off work and get the train down..
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:57:39 PM

You just keep focusing on buying in bulk hehe.

On a serious note.....BUY UP hard one hit and give us some exposure, ill join in next week.

halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:06:35 PM

On a serious note.....BUY UP hard one hit and give us some exposure, ill join in next week.

Hahaha, it is actually time to buy now... not next week...
But I am buying slowly.. No need to wake up the giant Cheesy Kiss
ycagel

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:07:20 PM

Great explanation! I suppose the bigger question is how to mitigate folks entering alts with BTC as the conversion method? What's the process for identifying the 3 month trigger event?

YC

YC

So this is a hard question as there are many causal reasons for price to go up and down, on these forums many thoughts have been put forth.  What is even harder to understand, and rarely discussed, is the difference in time associated with each of these effects.  So if one believes that more retailers converting Bitcoin to Fiat results in price deprecation the question is what is the time and rate of this depression in cost.  Certainly the time for this decrease in price will be different (faster or slower) than the price change from people ceasing to mine.  Less miners might result in fear about Bitcoin which could drive the price down.  However, if those miners who drop out are the same miners who were just converting to Fiat immediately this will actually remove selling pressure leading to a rise in the price of Bitcoin.  Again the hard part here is in understanding the strength and time delay associated with this activity.  A real economist would create a system dynamics model to simulate these linkages.  What makes it even harder is that this is really the first major cycle for crypto currency so we have no other proxy models to base analysis upon.  Remember Bitcoin technology doesn't need peta-hash+ level capability to operate that was only a second order consequence of the arms race caused by people wanting Bitcoin.

In the short term I think price direction will be more heavily influenced by what ever factor will happen fastest; likely this is neither adoption by companies nor erosion of faith from a decrease in hash-power.  Those two factors probably operate on a time-frame of 6 months to maybe even a year.  So we need to identify a factor that operates in a time frame of ~3 months to understand the near term factors which most heavily influence BTC. ( I think day trading and bots at this point are likely draining on the price on the same order as miners are dumping).  From a psychological perspective we must consider the endowment effect were a person will neither sell at a level nor is willing to acquire more.  At $260-$280 I will not buy any bit coin nor will I sell the once I have.

In one re-guard BTC is a victim of its own success, it hitting a large market cap in beta makes it hard to incorporate new ideas as a failure would destabilize a multi-billion dollar industry.  Altcoins such as DGB can push with much less fear, consider the 2 hardforks on this coin, that would be much harder for BTC at this point.  However, this enables substantial improvement and testing.  Most alt-coins have been scams or poor clones offering nothing, however, some good ideas have emerged and they have pushed forward crypto.  The fate of BTC in my mind will be in its ability to reap the best ideas developed in the crypto world over then coming years.  If they can reap the best ideas and incorporate them either directly or as add on then it will continue to grow as it provides more value to a large base.  If it fails other coins that can deliver better value will superseded its first mover advantage.  I don't think anyone has yet imagined what all this new technology will eventually deliver but it becomes clearer every day that this is powerful technology, but it might take a decade to really see where it is all going.

Those are a few of my thoughts since you asked...in regard to DGB, this coin has proven it can innovate in a fast and efficient manner.  I hold several million for that reason.
ycagel

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:08:09 PM

Halinyo,
 Why would you continue to buy if you know there is a higher likelihood of BTC price decline? Doesn't that make it more expensive to buy DGB?

YC

King117

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:11:11 PM

I know right! I thought I'd play it safe than sorry and bought a bit at 16 and 17 SAT. That's still really cheap considering there are a lot of coins out there with $500,000 market caps and have nothing on DGB.

It'll be interesting to know when the crypto community will wake up and jump onto DGB.

halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:16:06 PM

Halinyo,
 Why would you continue to buy if you know there is a higher likelihood of BTC price decline? Doesn't that make it more expensive to buy DGB?

YC

Hey YC,

I think it does not matter if BTC goes down or not... The correlation is dependent on the stability of BTC if you ask me...
If BTC keeps going down, DGB may increase in BTC value and this may balance the total value in Dollars...

However, if DGB drops, that is not good... but does it matter if you are long term?

The best price of BTC for altcoin is the stabilized BTC. Another point is that we will have DGB/USD exchange sometime later, that will have a similar rate in terms of fiat even if the BTC drops in Dollars... As long as a coin is strong and you believe in it, then staying in it is better than staying in BTC.

I feel that DGB is going to have great future. Therefore, I am relaxed and buying more. Jared is also here for the long term, just like I am. Cheers.
Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: