Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:17:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055615 times)
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:24:24 AM

Why does the block explorer say the reward is 2410, but is paying out 2434 ?

Please check into this. Is the block reward reduction not working, or are the wrong values being reported to the block explorer, or... ?

If you are right, this is a problem... Lets wait updates from Jared for this. Thanks for pointing this out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:28:15 AM

that I've been clamoring for for some time now is mandatory identification as a block finder - either you identify yourself, or you don't mine.

Kinda of an absurd statement, not quite sure what the purpose would be, please elaborate.

I guess he means creating a transparent mining method for blockchain.
So you can query any IDs belonging to the miners and learn who they are etc.
But this is not quite possible to me... How can you make sure people are entering true information...
Maybe there are methods to query these things, but then it will be going through a centralized and government controlled mining scheme etc...

Cheers guys,...
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:46:57 AM

that I've been clamoring for for some time now is mandatory identification as a block finder - either you identify yourself, or you don't mine.

Kinda of an absurd statement, not quite sure what the purpose would be, please elaborate.

But this is not quite possible to me... How can you make sure people are entering true information...
Maybe there are methods to query these things, but then it will be going through a centralized and government controlled mining scheme etc...

Cheers guys,...

Wait till you see my white paper. I have some of the issues, e.g., transparency, covered in my crypto-commodity venture.

This is one of the few threads I have on my Watchlist. Now that I'm caught up, back to work.
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:47:56 AM

Well I believe the problem is "coinmarketcap" giving coins like ripple the exposure they want by adding them while real coins get pushed down further and further.

When people go to coinmarketcap they look at the top coins and decide which they should invest in not knowing that most of those coins are premined or dont require any mining compared to the few real coins available.

I blame coinmarketcap. In fact they do have an option to remove those fake coins (in my opinion) and show some real coins.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/

Digibyte is ranked #57 as you can see but I believe this should be the main page not the other with all the fake coins because its pushing new investors to the top marketcap coins which most are premined or no mining at all. Obviously this also pushes digibyte out of the top 100 and lower when more and more fake coins pop up with massive marketcaps.

Maybe we should all post this to coinmarketcap?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.new#new

Anyways thats just my opinion.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:06:08 AM

Cheers guys,...

Wait till you see my white paper. I have some of the issues, e.g., transparency, covered in my crypto-commodity venture.

This is one of the few threads I have on my Watchlist. Now that I'm caught up, back to work.

I'm referring to mandatory identification of block finders only, not every miner. Each block found should be clearly associated with the miner who found it, exactly like we see with each block that the The Blocks Factory finds, for example. This would apply to pools and your one odd out solo miner still in existence (solo miners would only have to provide an IP address). This would go a long ways towards eliminating uncertainty regarding weird issues like the continual flow of phantom autosells on Cryptsy, as well as enhancing DGB's commitment to transparency. Again, this would only apply to entities actually finding blocks, of which there are only a few, who should identify themselves voluntarily to begin with one would think, and if not, then they should be required to do so.

Looking forward to seeing you white paper. Can't wait!

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:13:20 AM

Well I believe the problem is "coinmarketcap" giving coins like ripple the exposure they want by adding them while real coins get pushed down further and further.

When people go to coinmarketcap they look at the top coins and decide which they should invest in not knowing that most of those coins are premined or dont require any mining compared to the few real coins available.

I blame coinmarketcap. In fact they do have an option to remove those fake coins (in my opinion) and show some real coins.

Digibyte is ranked #57 as you can see but I believe this should be the main page not the other with all the fake coins because its pushing new investors to the top marketcap coins which most are premined or no mining at all. Obviously this also pushes digibyte out of the top 100 and lower when more and more fake coins pop up with massive marketcaps.

I think that's an excellent initiative! Not only would we be promoting DGB, and rightfully so, we would also be doing our small little parts to educate on the subject.

This is an excellent idea in my opinion. You can count on my help. Do you have any specific ideas on strategies and how to implement an effective campaign?

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 09:29:58 AM

I think that's an excellent initiative! Not only would we be promoting DGB, and rightfully so, we would also be doing our small little parts to educate on the subject.

This is an excellent idea in my opinion. You can count on my help. Do you have any specific ideas on strategies and how to implement an effective campaign?

Funny to see that when you delist the premined / non-minable coins the page looks so much cleaner.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
RB25

Activity: 831

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:35:57 AM

I'm referring to mandatory identification of block finders only, not every miner. Each block found should be clearly associated with the miner who found it, exactly like we see with each block that the The Blocks Factory finds, for example. This would apply to pools and your one odd out solo miner still in existence (solo miners would only have to provide an IP address). This would go a long ways towards eliminating uncertainty regarding weird issues like the continual flow of phantom autosells on Cryptsy, as well as enhancing DGB's commitment to transparency. Again, this would only apply to entities actually finding blocks, of which there are only a few, who should identify themselves voluntarily to begin with one would think, and if not, then they should be required to do so.

Isn't the point of these coins decentralized anonymity? I think the Devs have a commitment to transparency, but to ask miners to give out their details is tantamount to card-checking in US unions. Allows for potential harassment and threats because we know who is getting the blocks and if someone doesn't like what the miner is doing with them, they can pressure them to buy/sell/hold because its best for the "community". Sounds very close to "economic patriotism" touted by US liberals to get people scared to buy anything from outside the US.

.BITSONG.
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
.▬▬▬▬TELEGRAM▬▬▬▬.
⇪  CHANNEL   ⇪    GROUP   ⇪
Twitter  Facebook  Medium
bogglor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:48:37 PM

Looking forward to seeing you white paper. Can't wait!

I'm not sure I agree with identification of block finders. You can already search the blockchain and see the DGB address who found the block (Example: A list of the last 500 DGB block finder addresses can be found here), and you can also search the blockchain to view the transactions of that address to follow the 'coins' to see where they go.

I prefer the voluntary listing like it is now. One of the basic attributes of cryptocurrency is the pseudo-anonymity it provides. That shouldn't change.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
bogglor

Activity: 266

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:31:37 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 03:04:34 PM by bogglor

I don't think I have ever seen comprehensive instructions on how to solomine a coin. I've found bits and pieces on several sites, but none that I could follow from start to finish and get the complete sequence.

Over the past few days, I decided to try it out just to see if I could get it working, and I did! If anyone else is curious about how to do it, here are the steps I followed:

(Assuming your wallet is running on a Windows computer.)

1. Shut down your wallet.

2. In the C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\DigiByte folder, add a file called DigiByte.conf that contains this:

Code:
rpcallowip=*
rpcuser=abc
rpcpassword=zzz
server=1
daemon=1
txindex=1
debug=1
algo=scrypt
rpcport=14022
port=12024
addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=69.164.198.161
addnode=66.228.56.115
addnode=106.187.37.124

3. Right-click the shortcut icon of your wallet
   a. choose Properties
   b. click the Shortcut tab
   c. in the Target, add -server to the end. (Example: "C:\Program Files\DigiByte\digibyte-qt.exe" -server)

4. Launch your wallet. It may reindex your blockchain, this can take awhile. Wait until this is done.

5. Go into the console of your wallet and type this and hit Enter: setgenerate true -1

6. Your computer is now CPU mining. It's going to use about 100% of the CPU on your computer, so it's best to run the wallet on a computer that is different from your mining rig.

7. Make note of the IP address of the computer your wallet is running on. From the Command Prompt: ipconfig

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : your.internet.provider
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

IP Address of the computer is 192.168.1.3

8. On your mining rig, point to 192.168.1.3:14022, username abc, password zzz

You are now solo mining! Depending on your mining program, you aren't going to see any activity until you find a block. But it is working. I have my wallet running on my Windows box, and my miner running on a Linux box. I pointed my linux miner to this and it worked.

There may be some other set of instructions out there that are better than this, but part of the fun for me was trying to figure out how to do it on my own from the bits and pieces I found on the internet.

Other Algos... In the digibyte.conf file, you should be able to change the algo= line to one of the other algorithms and mine, but I haven't tested that (yet).

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 02:59:10 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 03:11:32 PM by 24hralttrade

The future ahead, holds numerous surprises for us. Be open to changes.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year.
Let's break some goddamn barriers and build many bridges all the way!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:31:06 PM

The future ahead, holds numerous surprises for us. Be open to changes.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year.
Let's break some goddamn barriers and build many bridges all the way!

Hello from, Xmas market, winter wonderland, hyde park, London Smiley
Tonight will be watching the fireworks live:)
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:55:59 PM

I don't think I have ever seen comprehensive instructions on how to solomine a coin. I've found bits and pieces on several sites, but none that I could follow from start to finish and get the complete sequence.

Over the past few days, I decided to try it out just to see if I could get it working, and I did! If anyone else is curious about how to do it, here are the steps I followed:

2. In the C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\DigiByte folder, add a file called DigiByte.conf that contains this:

Code:
rpcallowip=*
rpcuser=abc
rpcpassword=zzz
server=1
daemon=1
txindex=1
debug=1
algo=scrypt
rpcport=14022
port=12024
addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=69.164.198.161
addnode=66.228.56.115
addnode=106.187.37.124

a. choose Properties
   c. in the Target, add -server to the end. (Example: "C:\Program Files\DigiByte\digibyte-qt.exe" -server)

4. Launch your wallet. It may reindex your blockchain, this can take awhile. Wait until this is done.

5. Go into the console of your wallet and type this and hit Enter: setgenerate true -1

6. Your computer is now CPU mining. It's going to use about 100% of the CPU on your computer, so it's best to run the wallet on a computer that is different from your mining rig.

7. Make note of the IP address of the computer your wallet is running on. From the Command Prompt: ipconfig

You are now solo mining! Depending on your mining program, you aren't going to see any activity until you find a block. But it is working. I have my wallet running on my Windows box, and my miner running on a Linux box. I pointed my linux miner to this and it worked.

There may be some other set of instructions out there that are better than this, but part of the fun for me was trying to figure out how to do it on my own from the bits and pieces I found on the internet.

Other Algos... In the digibyte.conf file, you should be able to change the algo= line to one of the other algorithms and mine, but I haven't tested that (yet).

Something I wrote a while, long while, back that might be worth adding to the collection (changing the coin specific options of course).  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg6562457#msg6562457

As far as transparency goes, I think that the writing is on the wall - has been from the beginning of legal tender - people want accountability, which is to say, traceable accounting. If I pay you with a check, the cancelled check is proof of having paid, for example. To make a long story very short, I think I can summarize my argument by saying that in order to compete for people's savings and investments long term, the digital currencies that survive will have to provide the same levels of transparency and privacy that have been demanded by savers and investors for centuries. There's no getting around that. Either you do it, or you stay very niche, very doge. It's an extremely important decision that will have to be made, or will be made for you, sooner or later, and the sooner the better. It's always best to be out in front of the curve, and the more you're out in front, the better.

Point 3 to this post: HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I know it's going to be great for all of us!

The_Cashier

Activity: 335

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:17:20 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 08:43:29 PM

You can sort CMC almost any way you want. When sorted by "currencies" DBG is currently #98 on the top 100 page. Just saying...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 08:48:00 PM

Isn't the point of these coins decentralized anonymity? I think the Devs have a commitment to transparency, but to ask miners to give out their details is tantamount to card-checking in US unions. Allows for potential harassment and threats because we know who is getting the blocks and if someone doesn't like what the miner is doing with them, they can pressure them to buy/sell/hold because its best for the "community". Sounds very close to "economic patriotism" touted by US liberals to get people scared to buy anything from outside the US.

I tend to agree, it would set a very dangerous precedent if it were mandatory and would change the entire landscape.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:58:49 PM

You may also want to check cryptmarketcap.com. Tends to remove all the premine coins.

YC

You can sort CMC almost any way you want. When sorted by "currencies" DBG is currently #98 on the top 100 page. Just saying...

snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:09:03 AM

You may also want to check cryptmarketcap.com. Tends to remove all the premine coins.

YC

I know about cryptmarketcap but most people dont, they run to coinmarketcap.

I also know about sorting coinmarketcap but we want that to be the default page.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:43:06 AM

A lot of weird price manipulation at Bittrex. Someone keeps moving their buy orders from 11 to 13 and then taking them off. Not sure if they are attempting to trigger something or not. Is Cryptsy still having deposit issues?

YC
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:44:40 AM

Code:
rpcallowip=*
rpcuser=abc
rpcpassword=zzz
server=1
daemon=1
txindex=1
debug=1
algo=scrypt
rpcport=14022
port=12024
addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=69.164.198.161
addnode=66.228.56.115
addnode=106.187.37.124

a. choose Properties

Nice guide. Couple of things I'd add is that theres no need to add txindex=1 into your conf feel free to leave it out. If you leave it out there's also no need to -reindex.

In the conf rather than use rpcallowip=* which opens up your wallet to connections outside your network you are far better off using rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 always points to localhost so you can use that instead of looking up your IP address with ipconfig

So Conf would become
Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=abc
rpcpassword=zzz
server=1
daemon=1
debug=1
algo=scrypt
rpcport=14022
port=12024
addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=69.164.198.161
addnode=66.228.56.115
addnode=106.187.37.124

and then your mining settings would be

Pool = 127.0.0.1:14022
username = abc
password = zzz
Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: