Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77970 times)
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

martismartis, I have an android tv stick and I am definitely stuck with it. I think I have it rooted, but the whole motion sensor IR keyboard thing is a technological non-starter. I would probably need a real usb keyboard and/or mouse to actually setup NRS on this particular unit. I will send it on after Coinsumm.it for the next Nxt conference ambassadors but I don't think I can have it running NRS by 9 am Tuesday.

Hi Fatih

How is going with TV stick? Are you stuck with it? Smiley
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:17:28 PM

martismartis, I have an android tv stick and I am definitely stuck with it. I think I have it rooted, but the whole motion sensor IR keyboard thing is a technological non-starter. I would probably need a real usb keyboard and/or mouse to actually setup NRS on this particular unit. I will send it on after Coinsumm.it for the next Nxt conference ambassadors but I don't think I can have it running NRS by 9 am Tuesday.

Hi Fatih

I use radio mouse, which was in the set together with the stick. At which stage are you stuck?
NxtMinnow

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:37:05 PM

Hi martismartis, there is no wireless mouse with this one, only a keyboard and separate remote. Maybe Europeans are more familiar with Android TV stick; I had never even seen one before yesterday. I booted into recovery like I normally would to flash a new ROM, flashed a root package specific to the TV stick I acquired, and then rebooted into the Andoid UI. It is at this point I am stuck. The next steps would be 2. install linux 3. install NRS 4. provide a solar powered battery power source to the TV stick. 5. Wifi radio has to work.

There are too many steps for the average user to set up a NRS tv stick node, I will tell you that much. I have NRS 0.8.11 running on my Linux laptops and have rooted Android phones and tablets, but I think that just like phones and tablets, different TV sticks may work differently. It may be just this one is giving me a hard time or I need a standard mouse and keyboard.

Hi Fatih

I use radio mouse, which was in the set together with the stick. At which stage are you stuck?
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:46:04 PM

Hi martismartis, there is no wireless mouse with this one, only a keyboard and separate remote. Maybe Europeans are more familiar with Android TV stick; I had never even seen one before yesterday. I booted into recovery like I normally would to flash a new ROM, flashed a root package specific to the TV stick I acquired, and then rebooted into the Andoid UI. It is at this point I am stuck. The next steps would be 2. install linux 3. install NRS 4. provide a solar powered battery power source to the TV stick. 5. Wifi radio has to work.

There are too many steps for the average user to set up a NRS tv stick node, I will tell you that much. I have NRS 0.8.11 running on my Linux laptops and have rooted Android phones and tablets, but I think that just like phones and tablets, different TV sticks may work differently. It may be just this one is giving me a hard time or I need a standard mouse and keyboard.

Hi Fatih

Which stick are you using? What for is solar power, when stick is powered from power outlet?
NxtMinnow

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:59:48 PM

It is an ARM-based Infinitec 8 GB internal memory, 1 GB RAM, currently mains powered. Solar/battery referenced as the "Display Goal"
I just picked it up locally as I saw Nxt NRS tv sticks being referenced in this thread and figured I would try to set one up.
I would say I got the wrong one. That's ok. It is just jealous it doesn't have Nxt like all my other machines!

And also: Please retweet!

Cryptocurrency Trade @CoinDigest
#NXT is still a great buy! Adding 10% and more to value every day, and will continue growth till 8000 and more next week!

martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:06:53 PM

It is an ARM-based Infinitec 8 GB internal memory, 1 GB RAM, currently mains powered. Solar/battery referenced as the "Display Goal"
I just picked it up locally as I saw Nxt NRS tv sticks being referenced in this thread and figured I would try to set one up.
I would say I got the wrong one. That's ok. It is just jealous it doesn't have Nxt like all my other machines!

And also: Please retweet!

Cryptocurrency Trade @CoinDigest
#NXT is still a great buy! Adding 10% and more to value every day, and will continue growth till 8000 and more next week!

As it is not suitable thread, we could use skype. PM me your skype name, I'll try to help you to set your stick. I live in Europe, so take care about timezone Smiley
Jerical13

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:59:04 AM

Right, to include everyone in this:

I would like some extra input from all of you, so I can forward it to my guys.
They are simple questions, but with big implications.

There is no "right or wrong" in these questions!

What is, in a few sentences, the "vision" behind Nxt?
I'm not looking for the right vison, but for what youthink is the vision. We don't need to agree, but we dó need it out in the open for now.

What is the purpose of Nxt?
Again, no right or wrong.

What are the goals of Nxt?
Same

Where are we now?
So, basically, at what stage do you think we are at? I'm not looking for a good/bad judgement here. Just an honest appraisal of where we are.

What are the key issues with Nxt at this point?
This will no doubt be connected with your earlier answers. Define a few key issues that really need to be addressed. Be honest!

What are our key target groups? Define at most three.
Keep it short. We could talk about this for hours, but I just want a short easy list.

What are the current strategies to engage these groups? Name at most three.
Strategies are conceptual. "Reach out to the main public" Show that Nxt is fun

Name a few of the employed tactics in these strategies.
A tactic is an action you take to execute the strategy. "Organise an online show match" "Get articles published in big newspapers/sites"

What strategies and tactics aren't we using and cóuld be used?

One of the first things my people told me is that these aren't explicit. We need to get them explicit. That way, we know what we are talking about. We don't need to agree, but we dó need to be clear.

I will post this over on the forums, too.

Please take some time to fill it out, so a) we ourselves define these and b) my guys don't have to come up with something that really isn't what we want, but we can't tell them why. Have fun, and thanks for your input! Smiley

What is, in a few sentences, the "vision" behind Nxt?

To provide people with access to a truly "free Market" economy.

What is the purpose of Nxt?

To function as a tool for people to conduct commerce amongst themselves with out restrictions or constraints , other than those imposed by limits of blockchain technologies and their own imaginations.

Where are we now?

At an infancy in the understanding of the limits and potentials of NXT.

What are the key issues with Nxt at this point?

The biggest issue that I would estimate to be the most hindering to the development of NXT is kind of hard to put a finger on; and I really can't say that I have any issues, honestly. There are things that I would like to see happen, or things that I think could be done more proficiently, but in general I think that things are going pretty good. It has taken Bitcoin 5 years to reach the state that it is in, and NXT is largely more complex in nature; "Rome wasn't built in a day." But with that being said, the one thing I would like to see is more focus and more proficient use of the abundance of energy and talent of the community of NXT; better access for information as to ways to be more actively involved, for individuals who have or may have interest and business and private enterprise that have or may have interest.

What are our key target groups? Define at most three.

Business and Private Enterprise, Public and government bodies.

What are the current strategies to engage these groups? Name at most three.

I think it is important to objectively evaluate the concept of "Decentralization" in terms of the direction of applying strategies for developing NXT. It seems that there is a negative stigma and perception of business and private enterprise, and public and government bodies in the Cryptocurrency community. These forms of potential targets for developing a core of NXT users are often included in what some people regard as "Centralization", and are often referred to as "middleman", and are targets of derision instead of targets for inclusion in the NXT ecosystem. The facts that I see after considering this notion is that the current state of economic centralization has been created and maintained by a relatively small group of private enterprise (Bankers and Financial industry), and legislated by means of corruption and economic coercion; and on a broad scope has had a negative effect on business and private enterprise as well as public and government bodies. It is the bankers that have centralized the economy. It is the bankers that have manipulated laws and legislation through corruption, lobbying and coercion. Business and private enterprise as well as our governments have been made victims by these bankers, just the same as the average individual has.

The strategy that I would suggest is to develop the NXT economic platform into the truest article of "decentralization" possible, and to include any and all potential people our groups who would stand to benefit from the NXT platform. Businesses and public bodies would benefit by participating in the NXT ecosystem as much, if not more than individuals. Businesses and public bodies have more potential for helping to develop a broader base of NXT users, and have more incentive in terms of self interest and profit.

In short, I would develop a simple and easy to use decentralized platform for use as a tool for free market commerce, that allowed for fair competition. I would then present this platform to anyone and everyone who may benefit from its use, and let self interest and opportunity do the rest.

Name a few of the employed tactics in these strategies.

Developing easy and user friendly "Decentralized" applications for NXT that allow for fair competition and don't detract from opportunities for business and private enterprise.

Develop a more organized, comprehensive, easy to understand and user friendly source of information about NXT, that would be of use to non-tech layman as well as technical groups.

What strategies and tactics aren't we using and cóuld be used?

Can't call this one. Not for sure what strats. and tacts. are being used.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:31:10 AM

Today I'm going to make start to install the software to my Android stick.

Also, I will make a start to a Prezi presentation which everyone can use at conferences.
Prezi gives the advantage to use more pictures, and the audience just loves that. So this way we can get rid of boring bulletins which may contain much text.

I hope I can show you guys the first version of my Prezi presentation today.
This presentation will help the persons who talk about NXT. It will also be eye catching for the spectators.

If you guys like the concept and the idea, maybe I can apply for a bounty or something.

Let's go!

martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:37:00 AM

Also, I will make a start to a Prezi presentation which everyone can use at conferences.
Prezi gives the advantage to use more pictures, and the audience just loves that. So this way we can get rid of boring bulletins which may contain much text.

This presentation will help the persons who talk about NXT. It will also be eye catching for the spectators.

If you guys like the concept and the idea, maybe I can apply for a bounty or something.

Let's go!

Let's go, especially with TV stick Smiley
Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:48:17 PM

Let's go!

Let's go, especially with TV stick Smiley

Alright,

I made a start with the presentation; Take a look here; http://prezi.com/g2-n9wqmwdar/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

I wanted to start with the statement of BCNext and the well known picture you can see (This could be a little funny I think). This would attract the attention of the people.

Then I wanted to show people NXT vs Bitcoin. So the spectators can understand what NXT is. It would be informative and not 'We are better than Bitcoin' or something.

After that the video and then our mission/vision.

So, I think this is a good start to inform and impress people.

Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:06:42 PM

@ Tv stick;

I need an external SD card with more space. Will get it soon.

Jerical13

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:56:55 PM

:
Very nice Jerical13.
thanks Cheesy
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:14:46 PM

@ Tv stick;

What is your internal memory?
Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:45:21 PM

@ Tv stick;

Something like 750 mb

martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:49:15 PM

@ Tv stick;

Something like 750 mb

Hmm, to small. Could you sent a link with specifications of which exactly TV stick are you going to use?
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:40:04 PM

Fatih, marti, minnow.....+10, guys, keep up the good work.

@ everyone else:
Anyone want to build a RaspPiSolar for A'dam conference?
Please......coz there is no way i'm going to find the time to do it myself.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:07:37 PM

Fatih, marti, minnow.....+10, guys, keep up the good work.

@ everyone else:
Anyone want to build a RaspPiSolar for A'dam conference?
Please......coz there is no way i'm going to find the time to do it myself.

When will Amsterdam conference be? If Fatih or minnow will not succeed, my offer is still valid to make on stick for community and send it.
Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:32:59 AM

@ Tv stick;

Something like 750 mb

Hmm, to small. Could you sent a link with specifications of which exactly TV stick are you going to use?

I have an idea. My samsung phone has an external SD card. I will use that and see how it goes.

I have a Tronsmart MK908.

The wifi sucks a little bit though. I see that the MK908 II has an external Wifi receiver. That would be much better.

martismartis
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:56:28 AM

@ Tv stick;

Something like 750 mb

I have an idea. My samsung phone has an external SD card. I will use that and see how it goes.

I have a Tronsmart MK908.

The wifi sucks a little bit though. I see that the MK908 II has an external Wifi receiver. That would be much better.

You have 8GB NAND FLASH ROM. The same I have and it acts as sd card, but internal. I didn't use any external SD card, all goes from internal.
Fatih87SK

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:44:22 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 10:54:02 AM by Fatih87SK

Alright, let's try it your way xD

EDIT: The extraction of the file has been completed. You we're right. I didn't need an external SD card.  Grin

UPDATE; @Launch Ubuntu; The image set in this profile does not exist! Please use the menu button and change the image name.

But I already have changed the image name like the Youtube video said.

UPDATE 2; When I click at 'Add' at Settings. I can choose the image file myself. But whenever I want to go to the Ubuntu folder. It says; Can not acces SDcard0. I think I need to give that folder SuperUser rights or something.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: