Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77970 times)
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:30:13 AM

I think it doesn't matter if starcraft report will be in 2 or 20 days, but it would be nice to have it Smiley to know who won, who were these guys, how many viewers etc. The same thing is about our chess tournament Smiley

Chess cost 6k for 4 tournaments + little promotion text

Starcraft had promised 15k here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg4718516;topicseen#msg4718516 but it was somehow changed into 25k.

And please the is promotion thread and not a kindergarten

Ok now I have had it with lies.
You accepted 100% that it was agreed on 25K.
Don't come here with "somehow it was changed, DUH HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!" WE AGREED TO IT ON SKYPE BACK IN JANUARY.

And it is interesting that you just "avoid" answering to my questions as to why you want to start drama when we have already discussed this for hours on end on Skype.
I gave you ALL the details you wanted about viewership, who the players was, what the game was about, what eSports is, how much growth eSports has had etc.
But you called it "SPAM" and "WALL OF TXT" "Just give me the account I can put NXT INTO!" Which I did, but then you lied about not having got it.

I have had it salsacz. You do a lot of great work for NXT and I have always supported you in this community, but I can't anymore
You asked me YESTERDAY for a favour on Skype, then you go for this two-faced bullshit?
Ok now I know exactly what sort of person you are.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:35:34 AM

A special thank you from Songs of Love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehrIvLJXcsE

Please distribute in our social media campaigns.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/ (upvotes)
https://twitter.com/songsoflove/status/438690399964909568 (retweet)
https://www.facebook.com/nxtcrypto/posts/10203544422638159?stream_ref=1 (share)
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:07:45 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

The NXT cryptocurrency ecosystem will be represented at the Coinsumm.it conference in San Francisco, CA on March 25-26, 2014.  Confirmation of the speaker position for the NXT speaker Brian Snyder, aka NxtMinnow on the bitcointalk forums has been made official.  The organizers of Coinsumm.it are delighted to have a speaker representing NXT at the conference! 

I have heard back from Pamir Gelenbe at Coimsumm.it and it is official: I am confirmed as a speaker for the conference!   I have sent a high resolution picture and bio as requested by Coinsumm.it.   I am honoured to be officially active in the process of encouraging adoption of the NXT cryptocurrency platform.

I am scheduled to speak on the Decentralized Applications Panel with Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum.org and David Johnston of Mastercoin on a panel moderated by Adam Levine of Let's Talk Bitcoin.  I will be prepared to discuss and/or debate various aspects and use cases of
Decentralized Applications and Decentralized Autonomous Corporations while emphasizing the competitive advantages of the NXT cryptocurrency ecosystem.

Sincerely, Brian Snyder aka NxtMinnow

This Announcement is Reposted over in the NXT Firehose Thread.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:54:51 AM

yeah, I wrote to Pamir before Berliner conf, then we met at the conf, he promised us a speaker, then we spoke after, and after that Minnow said he is quite near to the event and here we are, listed on the website: http://www.coinsumm.it/ right next to the Vitalik Cheesy
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:06:11 PM

I just like to say that shouting matches on reddit do not help, even if people don't have their facts straight...

I just read a shitload of posts over there that showed Nxt as a bunch of wankers that will gouge out your eyes with a rusty spoon as soon as you say anything negative about it.

Please restrain yourself, even if the opponent does not :/

(Even if you have a lack of sleep Smiley )

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:07:50 PM

I just like to say that shouting matches on reddit do not help, even if people don't have their facts straight...

I just read a shitload of posts over there that showed Nxt as a bunch of wankers that will gouge out your eyes with a rusty spoon as soon as you say anything negative about it.

Nah, the reddit hatred for NXT is ridiculous
The guy claime we artifically kept NXT off exchanges on purpose to increase the price. As someone who is wokringhard and already succeeded in getting NXT on several exchanges, I will not tolerate that.
If he got hit by a bus I would feel worse for the bus
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:21:47 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 08:33:48 PM by salsacz

I don't think it is smart to be agressive and attack people at the forums/reddits. Promotion isn't about telling people "Everything you say is shit." / don't fucking insult people with lies. This brings only a bad reputation thanks to such wrong behaviour of Uniqueorn
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:41:09 PM

The guy claime we artifically kept NXT off exchanges on purpose to increase the price. As someone who is wokringhard and already succeeded in getting NXT on several exchanges, I will not tolerate that.

I've never had problems with people on reddit.
I even turned a few discussions around by just talking and discussing.

Even if they want to bash, why respond in kind? I will certainly not help Nxt and is bad for your heart Cheesy

joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:07:15 AM

I sent a similar message to salsa two days ago but haven't gotten a response, so I'm paraphrasing and posting here.

The Toronto BitcoinExpo site has been updated:  http://bitcoinexpo.ca/

There's a lot more info than there was last week.  The expo is April 11-13.

I offered some time ago to go to this conference, but haven't had anything firm nailed down, and no funding has been officially set aside for the venture.

What strategy might we employ for it?  We're not likely to get on the speakers' list (I've had no contact with Anthony Di Iorio, but he seems to be hand-picking speakers and it's all VERY BTC-centric).  We *could* go in as a sponsor, OR as an exhibitor. 

An exhibitor spot costs $2500 CDN (which we can pay in BTC) and allows us to bring promo materials; a standard ticket for Sat/Sun is $200 CDN; and I haven't checked flights in the last week but we're still likely around $700 CDN to get from where I live to the expo.

We could also become a sponsor.  Paying $2000 lets us bring ONE promo item.

An easy-win promo item would be a version of the tri-fold brochure currently being built for the Texas conference.

Without being a sponsor or exhibitor, we cannot bring promotional materials.

What are the community's thoughts?

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

I sent a similar message to salsa two days ago but haven't gotten a response, so I'm paraphrasing and posting here.

I offered some time ago to go to this conference, but haven't had anything firm nailed down, and no funding has been officially set aside for the venture.

What strategy might we employ for it?  We're not likely to get on the speakers' list (I've had no contact with Anthony Di Iorio, but he seems to be hand-picking speakers and it's all VERY BTC-centric).  We *could* go in as a sponsor, OR as an exhibitor. 

An exhibitor spot costs $2500 CDN (which we can pay in BTC) and allows us to bring promo materials; a standard ticket for Sat/Sun is $200 CDN; and I haven't checked flights in the last week but we're still likely around $700 CDN to get from where I live to the expo.

An easy-win promo item would be a version of the tri-fold brochure currently being built for the Texas conference.

Exhibitor space is 45,000 Nxt, if I calculated correctly?
And sponsor 37,000 Nxt?

Just trying to get a feel for the numbers.

This is a month and a half away, so time to prepare, which is good.

What do you think, joefox?

I myself am FOR sponsor spots, IF we go in and make use of that status. Can we do this together with jefdiesels faucet plan? https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3441.0.html
And yes, brochures etc. too, of course.

I still think that's a great way to actually generate Nxt users, which is the kind of ROI we need.

Can we try to make this deliberation based on an actual plan? *gasps of shock* Wink

So, yes, provided we make use of it and make some stuff. EvilDave and I will need the same stuff, so we might as well pool resources here.

Thoughts?

QBTC

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:26:01 AM

Exhibitor space is 45,000 Nxt, if I calculated correctly?
And sponsor 37,000 Nxt?

Just trying to get a feel for the numbers.

This is a month and a half away, so time to prepare, which is good.

What do you think, joefox?

I myself am FOR sponsor spots, IF we go in and make use of that status. Can we do this together with jefdiesels faucet plan? https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3441.0.html
And yes, brochures etc. too, of course.

I still think that's a great way to actually generate Nxt users, which is the kind of ROI we need.

Can we try to make this deliberation based on an actual plan? *gasps of shock* Wink

So, yes, provided we make use of it and make some stuff. EvilDave and I will need the same stuff, so we might as well pool resources here.

Thoughts?

As for the "stuff" to give away, have you seen this site?

http://www.nxtshop.eu

Maybe they would discount bulk purchases?

If it were me, I would take those branded jump drives and load them up with a start screen and lots of links and a digital package of information to get someone started...
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:53:42 AM

It looks like Toronto conf isn't very altcoins friendly.

It isn't a problem to create some flyers/pens, but it is a problem in Toronto to hand them out because they want too much money for allowing that.

What could be very cheap is to have there a walking banner - Mr. Joefox in special Nxt t-shirt, who would hand out only special Business cards that would replace flyers. Even the t-shirt could be like a flyer...

What is important about Toronto - to find new partners, new projects that might be cooperating with us, that will use Nxt network for their plans, their currencies, applications.
So we need him to speak with those people Smiley + if there would be journalists, he might do some interviews, that would be fantastic
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:54:37 AM

Agreed, but if they don't repay I say we spam all over that they stole from us and is utterly incompetent for not even being able to put NXT on their exchange like so many other exchanges.

How old are you?
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:58:18 AM

Agreed, but if they don't repay I say we spam all over that they stole from us and is utterly incompetent for not even being able to put NXT on their exchange like so many other exchanges.

How old are you?

So you are suggesting that there is something immature about

a) Letting people know that mintpal is scamming people by stealing thousands of dollars ?
and
b) Letting off steam on someone who made up countless lies and then went on a spamming spree all over the cryptocurrency subreddits regarding NXT being a scam?

You must be new to this game, the NXT hatred in the crypto community is overwhelming and as someone who has had to put up with it for 2.5 months I am sick and tired of it, because it never ever ends.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:24:04 PM

Yeah, I'm new to the game, sorry.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:27:58 PM

How old are you?

My money would be on early 20's.

@ Unique: U need to chill just a little bit, at least on public forums.

You've survived 2.5 months of idiots, haters and wankers. U've probably only got another 50 years to go....
Admittedly, he crypto community does seem to have more than it's fair share of idiots, but shouting and screaming at them doesn't make any f**king difference at all. Try sarcasm instead.....and just being right.

And remember, everything u post is visible for eternity, in your role as an advocate for NXT.
So stay cool, don't let stuff wind u up. If people are wondering about getting into NXT and the first thing they see on the forum/Reddit/wherever is a massive argument.....they'll probably go and buy some nice Auroracoin instead.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:33:02 PM

How old are you?

My money would be on early 20's.

@ Unique: U need to chill just a little bit, at least on public forums.

You've survived 2.5 months of idiots, haters and wankers. U've probably only got another 50 years to go....
Admittedly, he crypto community does seem to have more than it's fair share of idiots, but shouting and screaming at them doesn't make any f**king difference at all. Try sarcasm instead.....and just being right.

And remember, everything u post is visible for eternity, in your role as an advocate for NXT.
So stay cool, don't let stuff wind u up. If people are wondering about getting into NXT and the first thing they see on the forum/Reddit/wherever is a massive argument.....they'll probably go and buy some nice Auroracoin instead.

If you take a look at the actual post you will see what ensued before that.
I responded to him in a serious manner, refuted every single one of his blatant lies and shit was fine, but then the started making more threads on other crypto subreddits about NXT being a scam, so I confronted him, called him the worthless piece of shit that he is and that's that.

Infact it lead to several more people asking me for actual info on NXT, which I gave them, all good. Don't want people like that in the community anyway, we need to have principles.

And Bitcoinpaul needs to get his shit together and stop quote mining for some sort of agenda. Especially the part about mintpal. They ripped us the fuck off and he is mad that I am saying that we should make people aware of that?
I swear to god the IQ of some of these people....
QBTC

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:41:58 PM

How old are you?

a) Letting people know that mintpal is scamming people by stealing thousands of dollars ?
and
b) Letting off steam on someone who made up countless lies and then went on a spamming spree all over the cryptocurrency subreddits regarding NXT being a scam?

You must be new to this game, the NXT hatred in the crypto community is overwhelming and as someone who has had to put up with it for 2.5 months I am sick and tired of it, because it never ever ends.

Uniqueorn, your passion and tireless work on behalf of Nxt is admirable! And yes, the FUD is tiresome and frustrating. I hope nobody asks how old I am Smiley But, I've been around enough to know that Graciousness and Good Will always win when the playing field is even. That doesn't mean shutting up, it just means talking differently.

Instead of entering into arguments, as a community we should just keep putting the positives out there - without the swearing which is unprofessional or the ad hominum attacks. Let the liars and naysayers wallow in their own words and pointless fervor - you, and we all have better work to do! Let's be known as the community who does the hard things better than the rest! If Nxt is to make the world a better place, we need to be the better people.

We need your continued enthusiasm and efforts, please, don't burn out with anger and frustration Smiley
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:46:49 PM

Moving on quickly....back to marketing.

Just had an idea, so I'm gonna quickly post it, then run away for an hour or 2.....

NXT promotional vehicle.
Beg/borrow/steal/hire a nice vehicle (I'm thinking Tesla roadster here, tbh)
http://www.teslamotors.com/nl_NL/roadster

Get some NXT stickers/magnetic signs made up for it, then park it outside a conference.
Perfect for Toronto, considering how much money they want to let people inside.

Might work for Amsterdam, but I have a feeling parking spots could be a problem.
But, Hell, I like go-fast, I'm gonna see if I can find one.....the Tesla is such a perfect fit for NXT, I'm loving this idea.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:52:10 PM

How old are you?

and

I'm going to be terribly blunt here, but a marketeer or sales rep who loses his cool is the one that sells jack.
Shouting at anyone in any professional atmosphere is a sure fire way to get fired or lose your commission.

It's a sign of not having a clear view of what your objectives are, which should be to present your product/cause/whatever in as positive a light as possible.

YOU are the face to the outside world. YOU are the one people are going to be thinking of when they hear Nxt.

Enthousiasm means nothing when it turns into a shouting match because you can't handle that people might not be as "in" to the product you love.

I know this is probably not going to go down well with you, but I am not going to sugarcoat it. Being in marketing means swallowing your feelings of wanting to strangle someone and putting them aside for the long term view.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: