Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:47:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:48:57 AM

This is the theme btw.
http://themeforest.net/item/grandmag-buddypress-magazinereview-theme/3676002

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:14:39 AM

Who would like to speak at the Lets talk Bitcoin show? Smiley

Who would like to speak at the http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ in New York?
Smiley
PLZ Help me make contact w/ #nextcoin creator.Hosting The Crypto Currency Convention n NYC.We want them to speak and promote #NXT

I've missed the past few days. Did we get anyone lined up for these?

For the LTB show, we'll need someone who can speak passionately about Nxt, the community, and the Future! (Perhaps two people would make for a more interesting interview. Joefox and one of the devs, for example?)

My apologies if this has all been decided and I didn't notice.

Still with all that being said, ultimately thats got to be someones decision and it cant be me since as a candidate i would be biased. I cant just chose myself Tongue. Salsacz is the head of marketing so ill leave that up to him, if he assigns me the task than i will do it. If he choses someone else than I will respect that also.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43094140.jpg

Ok so then I need more information. Is it just an open invitation from letstalkbitcoin or do we have a specific date lined up? Will I get a transcript of the questions that I'm going to be asked before hand? Are we talking about having 2 people on the show at the same time?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:09:04 AM

Cross posting:

This webpage that spawns a linux shell has convinced me that anything we can think of is now possible!

OK, so let's do it. DAC lego blocks. this is Alias's idea and I don't understand it very well, but he says that with the properly designed "lego blocks", all sorts of DACs can be created by non-technical people using flowcharting software.

Basically if you can design a flowcharted process, it will automatically generate a DAC that implements that and runs in a decentralized way on NXT.

We have a browser page spawning linux shell, so why not flowcharting DAC's!

It seems that we have layers and layers to define and create, but anything can be done. Here is my stab at roughly defining the layers:

<low level VM implementing machine code> - CfB "lets just do it"
-------
<C compiler + useful libraries> - TBD (Zahlen?)
<Java subset? + access to subset NXT core> - TBD
-------
<software running on hubs + glue code AM Turing scripts offchain email etc> - TBD
-------
<DAC lego blocks> - Alias in the process of defining
-------
<flowcharts for useful DACs + flowcharting software> - TBD
-------
SkyNXT

I have 400000 NXT burning a hole in my pocket. I will spend it to accelerate development of the above. As soon as we nail down the specs for the layers, I will be able to figure out what the bounties are for each piece.

Another 100000 NXT for development of modular trustless exchanging of NXT against other cryptos, starting with XCP.

I am also budgeting 50000 NXT for people who help with defining these layers. Not sure how I will allocate it, hopefully the people who work on it will cooperate and tell me what each person's share should be.

emunie might be a sinking ship, but etherium is not. We need to start this now.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
joefox

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:13:01 AM

Unless we also have him upload the file directly to the nxtcrypto site. We do have a lot of interested traffic and could even provide them with RSS or subscribe options.

The first episode of the podcast is quite close to being finished.  I have scripted a segment on crypto basics that I've yet to record, but I have edited an interview I did with Damelon on the weekend, and Tai Zen and Anon136 have also given me gracious permission to pull audio from their interview videos.  I cleaned up and did some editing on the "transparent forging" discussion tonight.

My time has been more limited than I'd hoped, but the episode will likely be finished tomorrow night, and will come in at about an hour's worth of audio.

QBTC, I'm happy to send the podcast audio to you if you want to host it at www.nxtcrypto.org.  I also have space on my server, but don't know how long-term that option would be.  We could also use Jellycast, which is relatively inexpensive and simple to set up with appropriate RSS feeds, etc.

In ANY case, we'd need some kind of web presence as a "podcast" site (like letstalkbitcoin.com), perhaps as "podcast.nxtcrypto.org"

I'm open to options.  At this point all I'm worried about is getting the show done Smiley

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 08:26:10 AM

Unless we also have him upload the file directly to the nxtcrypto site. We do have a lot of interested traffic and could even provide them with RSS or subscribe options.

The first episode of the podcast is quite close to being finished.  I have scripted a segment on crypto basics that I've yet to record, but I have edited an interview I did with Damelon on the weekend, and Tai Zen and Anon136 have also given me gracious permission to pull audio from their interview videos.  I cleaned up and did some editing on the "transparent forging" discussion tonight.

My time has been more limited than I'd hoped, but the episode will likely be finished tomorrow night, and will come in at about an hour's worth of audio.

QBTC, I'm happy to send the podcast audio to you if you want to host it at www.nxtcrypto.org.  I also have space on my server, but don't know how long-term that option would be.  We could also use Jellycast, which is relatively inexpensive and simple to set up with appropriate RSS feeds, etc.

In ANY case, we'd need some kind of web presence as a "podcast" site (like letstalkbitcoin.com), perhaps as "podcast.nxtcrypto.org"

I'm open to options.  At this point all I'm worried about is getting the show done Smiley

Let me know if you need the original Camtasia files.  Also, I recommend hosting the podcasts on Youtube instead of nxtcrypto.org server.  Since the content is going to be free to the public, let's use YouTube's servers instead of putting the burden on QBTC's servers for long term scalability and cost issues.

Let's do it right the first time n not have to keep coming back to redo it again and again as nxt grows.

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
apenzl

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 08:44:40 AM

Even if we get developers to mail the site directly (…)

Idea: We should create this mail address for devs to post their news to, and make it forward mails to all the relevant Nxt news channels. That way we won't have to hunt down news about releases to promote them. I can set one up @ nxter.org or it could be done @ nxtcrypto, being the more "official" site.

/apenzl

Asian Prepper

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 08:52:21 AM

In this 3rd video interview with Anon136, we will discuss another revolutionary feature of the Nextcoin (NXT) protocol known as the NXT Alias System which allows one series of text to be replaced with another series of more user friendly text.

http://prisonorfreedom.com/what-is-the-nextcoin-nxt-alias-system/

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
apenzl

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:06:53 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 09:38:07 AM by apenzl

Let's do it right the first time n not have to keep coming back to redo it again and again as nxt grows.

Then we should just stream it on sites from a .torrent file in the blockchain. Nxt will take over youtube, y'know? Grin

[edit] Soundcloud? Free hosting + mobile apps + users, compared to jellycast. You don't need an account to listen.

Isildur23

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:17:28 PM

Conferences

Berlin (February 12/13)
- McJavar
- l8orre
- admiral.fu
- Bitventurer
- Salsacz (?)
- narknark (?)

Berliners: lurning, nakauchi, Edward Snowden

Guys, are you ready for the conference  Cool

Ties are a prison for the soul...
joefox

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:26:48 PM

Then we should just stream it on sites from a .torrent file in the blockchain. Nxt will take over youtube, y'know? Grin

[edit] Soundcloud? Free hosting + mobile apps + users, compared to jellycast. You don't need an account to listen.

Soundcloud is only free if you ever only post two hours of audio.  For "unlimited" space, you gots to pay.  No such thing as free lunch.

I thought about posting podcasts as torrent files and CAN do that, but I don't know iof any podcast that uses torrent + RSS feeds for distribution (enlighten me if I'm wrong!)

And Asian Prepper: No point in using YouTube.  The podcast is audio-only!  Smiley

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
Asian Prepper

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:27:11 PM

I know u are joking but is that even possible to embed a torrent file into the nxt blockchain? btc blockchain? or any blockchain?

Tai Zen

joefox

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:30:08 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 05:10:12 PM by joefox

I know u are joking but is that even possible to embed a torrent file into the nxt blockchain? btc blockchain? or any blockchain?

Tai Zen

Yes.  Oh yes.  He's not joking.  The DATA isn't stored on the blockchain (there's no point), but the magnet link is EASY, using the Arbitrary Messages feature.

See http://95.85.8.113:9000/nxtnet

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:07:53 PM

Blockchain Explorer shows support in my marketing account for the continuation of website and networking. I very much appreciate it! Thank you.
Roll Eyes
apenzl

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

•   P2P Proxy Stream

Note: P2P Proxy Stream function provides ability of substitution/transformation of P2P-traffic into HTTP within a trice (the change of data transfer protocols will be implemented instantly in real time). This function allows receiving data on the node/server via BitTorrent, or simultaneously via multiply network protocols (HTTP + BitTorrent), and pass them still further via other protocol.

http://info.acestream.org/#/about/media

salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:10:04 AM

Who would like to speak at the Lets talk Bitcoin show? Smiley

Who would like to speak at the http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ in New York?
Smiley
PLZ Help me make contact w/ #nextcoin creator.Hosting The Crypto Currency Convention n NYC.We want them to speak and promote #NXT

I've missed the past few days. Did we get anyone lined up for these?

For the LTB show, we'll need someone who can speak passionately about Nxt, the community, and the Future! (Perhaps two people would make for a more interesting interview. Joefox and one of the devs, for example?)

My apologies if this has all been decided and I didn't notice.

Still with all that being said, ultimately thats got to be someones decision and it cant be me since as a candidate i would be biased. I cant just chose myself Tongue. Salsacz is the head of marketing so ill leave that up to him, if he assigns me the task than i will do it. If he choses someone else than I will respect that also.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43094140.jpg

Ok so then I need more information. Is it just an open invitation from letstalkbitcoin or do we have a specific date lined up? Will I get a transcript of the questions that I'm going to be asked before hand? Are we talking about having 2 people on the show at the same time?

It's very open invitation without any specific data
Coinonaer

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:57:38 AM

Eigentümlich frei is a libertarian monthly print magazine , with a circulation of about 6,000 copies. The online edition ( www.ef -magazin.de ) is clicked by 300,000 readers a month.
Readers are especially educated men younger to middle-aged , who are followers of the Austrian Economics and the current money system are critical .
I find an interesting target group for Nxt .
The media data can be found here: http://ef-magazin.de/media/assets/EF_Mediadaten_kompakt.pdf

How should the marketing look like? I would prefer the online edition and indeed a large banner 200x400 pixels. Take a look here right how it looks like : http://www.ef-magazin.de/

Cost: To start times 1 month I would propose . This will cost € 386.75 inclusive of VAT
In addition, we would have a nice set of meaningful banner in 200x400 pixel format (ie portrait) Unfortunately, I 'm not good in such things, can somebode help out her? Cax?

How to finance : I try to get the Nxt marketing budget once. We need about 9200 Nxt . I would be great to get, 10.000 Nxt , so the one who created the banner ,
also gets something .

What is your opinion about this?

salsacz: If I get green lights from the marketing fund I would start here and manage everything. Just tell we if you would be fine to donate 10k of the Nxt Marketing found for this!
QBTC

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:04:45 PM

Really, I can make uploading to the site as easy as adding to Soundcloud or a Facebook post. Then you don't have to be as dependent on me or my schedule. Then I can set up the RSS feeds and use some schedulers and social posts on publication features... We can set up a subscription  too.

It will take some time for the initial setup and I'll try to do it this weekend. I'll let you know when we can start testing and you can give feedback. I think it's reasonable to have the whole thing in place and ready to use next week Smiley
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:22:26 PM

Leaving this here FYC.

NXT Around the World Experiment.
apenzl

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 03:13:25 PM

BUMP from main thread. FYI. 

At the moment our current level is only 0.01 TPS so we have a long way to go.

I am concerned with marketing campaigns that end up becoming a PR disaster due "ridiculously over optimistic" promises.

A product that delivers its promises is respected much more than one that "promises the moon" but never actually delivers.

I think it would be better not to be marketing about 1000+ TPS and CfB seemed to agree that "even 100 TPS would be very good".

Bitcoin can only "theoretically" handle 7 TPS *now* so if Nxt is able to do more than 10x that I think it will be "good enough" for at least a year (and would still put it well in front of the competition).

On Visa speeds and marketing: If saying we have Visa speeds or 1000 tps is worrying people that it may lead to unfulfilled expectations then I think we don't have to compare Nxt to Visa in marketing.  Instead perhaps we should say near-real-time or near-instant transactions. Or just the fastest transaction times in cryptocurrency.
(…)

Forging on low-cost computers with limited storage: those days may be numbered.  Leasing forging power will be where we want to shift marketing once it is implemented.

I hate to see the RaspberryPi left behind, but 512MB was tight to begin with.

There are tiny computers with 1G and 2G RAM, like the Cubies, Odroid, and some Android sticks.

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:25:34 PM

The RaspberryPi thing is not sure (some have rpi running 0.6), but in the future, it might work again (parallel chains). Keep that in mind.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: