Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 09:08:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:07:54 PM

I do like the logo.  Would prefer a lighter background color instead of black -- light green perhaps?

Yes, with white will be good !
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:43:53 PM

I also would like it to be a bit more real coin like.
Something like Lottocoin. 3D and very realistic.
It allows it to be made as a real physical coin later.

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:13:14 PM

Btw - is this Reggie Middleton's coin or what? Just same name?
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 10:17:25 PM

different thing

itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:18:36 AM

I do like the logo.  Would prefer a lighter background color instead of black -- light green perhaps?

reverse02

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:55:57 AM

sorry .. 3d-look is so yesterday .. today it must be a flat-design
however, i love creative contribution

... or ultra realistic at least
or a mashup
vvvortex

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:11:03 PM

I do like the logo.  Would prefer a lighter background color instead of black -- light green perhaps?

I like this...just needs to be somewhat 3D, (or holographic!).  Also, instead of a flat face, have it rotated 15 degrees or so on the Z-axis, so it looks like a coin.  One more suggestion? Drop the text...the coin should be able to stand on it's own, like the BTC coin.

(edited for grammar)
iarsenaux

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:15:56 PM

I do like the logo.  Would prefer a lighter background color instead of black -- light green perhaps?

I like this...just needs to be somewhat 3D, (or holographic!).  Also, instead of a flat face, have it rotated 15 degrees or so on the Z-axis, so it looks like a coin.  One more suggestion? Drop the text...the coin should be able to stand on it's own, like the BTC coin.

(edited for grammar)

If the text will be dropped, it will look more like a magnet. peace. just my opinion.
vvvortex

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:22:12 PM

You know, I never really noticed that! Thanks for altering my perception lol!
Legions36

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:27:53 PM

different thing
So if that isn't the same coin as Middleton than what id different of this coin than others? I feel like i'm missing something here. I'm not upto par with the mechanics that go into coins but I read that u think this coin could go to $10, but I would like to know what would do this compared to other alt's already made? Thanks
gutshot5820

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:02:36 AM

Hey guys, I want to invest my time and money in this coin, but I see no action plan from the devs.  So far, it's been pre-mined and pre-sold and pre-exchange with no planned dev development.  From the outside, without having any knowledge of the owners, this looks like the ultra scam coin and it's sole purpose is to make money from before day one of coin.  I was pumped at the beginning and have set up a block of my time and money to invest in the coin, but I see nothing. Where the heck is all the money you are supposed to be spending on devs from the pre-sale going to? With that amount of money you should have an army of devs working to make the coin a success and you can't even get the logo right yet?  Something is wrong here.  Can you guys please start putting your action plan on the front page.  All I see is pre-mine, pre-sell and pre- exchange.  Convince myself and others that there is some merit and plan to this coin besides ultra profiteering.
LostInRandomness

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:13:19 AM

Thanks itsallpc for designing a logo. I've been reading the comments and it's nice to see the positive vibe of all the reactions, great work! Smiley

Your post has given me some food for thought. Please don't take me wrong on the following, it's my opinion and I'm hoping it will help the project in a positive way (if nothing else then just the though behind a logo, what does Ultracoin stand for) but I've been thinking a lot about the Ultracoin logo.

First off I'm not a graphical designer, just a nerd with an interest in graphical design so I started playing around with PS a bit. The reason for doing this is because I think a coin logo should have a solid base design and from there you should be able to use it in many different ways with different colours, backgrounds and purposes, but always the same recognizable base design so people would instantly recognize the logo to be Ultracoin's. After looking at all the major fiat/crypto currencies out there it seems the most common way of depicting a logo is by grabbing a character and pierce it with one or two bars (dollar, euro, yuan, yen, bitcoin, litecoin, etc...). That said I figured I'd take the same approach, which is not that original from a graphic design point of view but it does make it easier for people to associate it with money/currency/value.

The result and thoughts behind it are below.

http://onaxys.com/Ultracoin-3x3.jpg

I like the initial logo that was posted when Ultracoin was announced, it's kinda slick and simple and it lends itself for a lot of different purposes (to my taste). I started by grabbing the first font I came across and fiddled around a bit. Starting point is the U (duh...). The bars are made with the same rounding in the ends as the top of the U which was added in order to fit it into a circle (to fit a coin shape). I figured I wanted the angle of the bars to be 'off' from fiat (which is usually horizontal or vertical) as we are taking things into a different, upwards, direction. At this point I ended up with the bottom row and played around a bit with the bars fully visible. I wasn't really happy with the 'weight' of the logo's in the bottom row so I figured to cut the bars away from the middle so the U-shape becomes more clear. At this point it looked like something where you can store something in (value) and even if it would topple a little the bottom bar would keep it steady. TC could be one of many fillings (gives a nice ring to it in the urban dict. Wink).

I prefer the top-left logo as it's the cleanest version and leaves a lot of 'space'.

Please note that this is about the shape of the logo, not the colors, background, highlight effects or any other form of appearance, as they are all quite trend/taste sensitive.

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:18:09 AM

Hey, can you turn the last one into one of those optical tricks that looks like an impossible object? That would be a unique feature.  Smiley

imginy

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:50:41 AM

Can I mine this with a 280x and cg miner?

Is there a good pool ready for launch?
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 08:31:32 AM

Hey guys, I want to invest my time and money in this coin, but I see no action plan from the devs.  So far, it's been pre-mined and pre-sold and pre-exchange with no planned dev development.  From the outside, without having any knowledge of the owners, this looks like the ultra scam coin and it's sole purpose is to make money from before day one of coin.  I was pumped at the beginning and have set up a block of my time and money to invest in the coin, but I see nothing. Where the heck is all the money you are supposed to be spending on devs from the pre-sale going to? With that amount of money you should have an army of devs working to make the coin a success and you can't even get the logo right yet?  Something is wrong here.  Can you guys please start putting your action plan on the front page.  All I see is pre-mine, pre-sell and pre- exchange.  Convince myself and others that there is some merit and plan to this coin besides ultra profiteering.

you can be assured many things are happening behind closed doors...As you could have read, a large ammount of that BTC was to recoup a huge investment. Our website is being finalised , aswell as our custom pool software ,which will be distributed to 6 interrested parties.We are already pleased with our current logo,however we feel that we could replace this is something comes along that will drop our jaw to the floor.We might even do a poll and let the community vote....

Our action plan is not on the front page since every little detail is being taken care of by professionals.When you prepare properly, you dont have to do a million things last minit,that could be why its seems silent on the UTC front...

The only thing we still need is a Mac dev and an android guy.....people with these skills can mail to ultracoin@outlook.com

Grin

bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

website now online!

http://www.ultracoin.net/

Protagonus

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:19:24 PM

website now online!

http://www.ultracoin.net/

Site looks nice!  Good work
CycleSurfer

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:05:27 PM

Yeah, really slick.  Good job.
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:19:01 PM

wow that websites looks really professional good job.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
lovebit

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:38:48 PM

Agreed, looking really good - great job guys!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: