Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power!  (Read 106939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:50:39 PM

I am half way done with new feature. Everything is working very good for now. When this comes out, it is going to be a shocking feature  Shocked  Cool

Hmm, and who will benefit from it, leasers or renters (or both)? Why are you being so mysterious about it ... can you at least give as an more exact ETA on this feature availability?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dalenorman2005

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:09:29 PM

BOUNTY OFFERED!

My eyes are crossing after reading all 50+ pages of the main lease rigs thread hunting for a solution to my dilemma.  i use SMOS 1.3 and am struggling to keep my renter's rigs on their pools and not switching back to my pools. 

I'm offering a tip to anyone who can walk me through it LIKE I'M A CHILD.  i mean, i'm not an idiot, but as we're talking about linux here, assume i am an idiot.  a complete idiot when it comes to linux.

that said, here's what i've got so far:

-IP and port forwarding working fine.
-permission to my cgminer API working fine, i think, using these entries in my cgconfig:
"api-allow" : "L:89.212.242.33,W:127.0.0.1",
"api-groups" : "L:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*"

-when i run the new TEST recently added to the HOW-TO guide, Verify your work (if all is properly configured) by visiting following URL from rig PC (must be same PC!):

http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp?port=7777
(replace 7777 with port of your choice)

i get this response...

Testing command "summary"... result:
STATUS=S,When=1391714647,Code=11,Msg=Summary,Description=cgminer 3.7.2|SUMMARY,Elapsed=47225,MHS av=2.60,MHS 5s=2.63,Found Blocks=12,Getworks=3158,Accepted=1783,Rejected=43,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=2.27,Discarded=3124,Stale=0,Get Failures=0,Local Work=26467,Remote Failures=0,Network Blocks=2136,Total MH=122711.1793,Work Utility=2369.14,Difficulty Accepted=1825792.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=44032.00000000,Difficulty Stale=0.00000000,Best Share=743051,Device Hardware%=0.0000,Device Rejected%=2.3614,Pool Rejected%=2.3549,Pool Stale%=0.0000|

Testing command "save"... result:
STATUS=S,When=1391714647,Code=44,Msg=Configuration saved to file '//.cgminer/cgminer.conf',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Notice the path where the file is saved... this represents a problem described elsewhere in the HOW-TO... so i SSH'ed into the machine and added this as a CRON job...

*/5 * * * * cp -u /.cgminer/cgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1

my cgconfig file contains my primary and backup pools.  if i remove them, i can't start cgminer as it complains that there are no pools defined.  i find it odd that i also can define my primary and backup pools on the leaserig.net administration page.  i don't understand why i have to repeat the same steps in both places.  if leaserig can force a renter's pool onto my rig via the API, why can't it force my own pool to my rig when a rental is not taking place? 

anyways....

From all of these steps, i THINK my rigs should successfully save the pool info into my local cgconfig when a rental starts, and remove it when it ends.  It might actually  be working, but i'm reluctant to test much because all my rigs are rented for 72 hours.  i made most of these changes during the current rental, so i may have done so too late.  regardless, my rigs are currently NOT remaining on my renter's pools.  If they reboot or if the renters pool is momentarily inaccessible, my rigs will flip to my pools and never return.  Ive resorted to manually specifying my renter's pools in my local cgconfig.  i'll have to manually remove them at the end of the rental.

I'm looking for someone to work directly with me to ensure that i've set this up correctly.  you have to be running SMOS 1.3 for this to apply to you - if you have windows or another build of linux, the path to CGMINER.conf may be different.

my rigs are rented until late tonight, so i won't be making any changes until tomorrow morning, say 10am Eastern Standard Time.  ideally, i'd like to work with someone at about that time.

i can share my screen with you via join.me, where you can then ssh into my rig with my cooperation.  i need to learn how to resolve this for myself to repeat on my other rigs.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:21:45 PM

I am half way done with new feature. Everything is working very good for now. When this comes out, it is going to be a shocking feature  Shocked  Cool

Hmm, and who will benefit from it, leasers or renters (or both)? Why are you being so mysterious about it ... can you at least give as an more exact ETA on this feature availability?

I do not want to reveal anything before it is 100% complete and ready to be used. There are sooo many copy cats here (just check how many sites appeared after I announced idea of leasing rigs).

I decided to work on all ideas in private, develop them to fin stage and then simply release. And yes, I have one more planned, but no ETA on that because it does not depend on me only.

Test User

Activity: 85

Miner and technician

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:28:57 PM

My rigs are showing up in the "for rent" list with the wrong price shown.

I have 2 rigs with identical price plans available. One is showing as 0.02/MHd, and one as 0.025/MHd. If you click on the "hire"link, the correct prices are shown, but as the availability list is sorted by price, the one with the wrong price quoted shows up a lot further down than it should.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:44:34 PM

I do not want to reveal anything before it is 100% complete and ready to be used. There are sooo many copy cats here (just check how many sites appeared after I announced idea of leasing rigs).

I decided to work on all ideas in private, develop them to fin stage and then simply release. And yes, I have one more planned, but no ETA on that because it does not depend on me only.

I am still sticking with your site because of features!! The only reason paying premium here..
escobol

Activity: 154
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:04:59 PM

Is the issue already resolved where when cgminer is restarted that the correct pool (the one of the customer) is connected to again? And also his/her backup pools?

Enable save command and will work.
FYI, for those using BAMT, the save call in the api will create a new cgminer.conf under /.cgminer/cgminer.conf  .
This is of course useless since BAMT starts cgminer pointed to /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf

A workaround is to schedule a job to check for updates to /.cgminer/cgminer.conf and overwrite /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf . This will restore your customers pools in the event that you need to reboot/power outage/etc. Unfortunately the cgminer.conf created is a bit over-complicated, and duplicates values for each of your GPUs, even if the values are the same for all of them... regardless it does work, and is the best for the customer.

Login to your BAMT box using ssh and perform the following:
sudo crontab -e
Add the following to the bottom of the crontab (This will check for updates every 5 minutes and only overwrite when changes are made)
Code:
Exit (and save)

Also, please keep in mind that SMOS linux has a script that will periodically mine for the developers, thus robbing your customers of time. Use BAMT or SMOS bee edition, or manually remove the offending code.

I just wanted to say that I've noticed that some will save under /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf instead of /.cgminer/cgminer.conf , so check and see which your distro is saving to.

What with litecoin bamt with sgminer? Question is: save makes file in /.sgminer/sgminer.conf, so with
Code:
Changed to
Code:
*/5 * * * * cp -u /.sgminer/sgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1

It will save sgminer as cgminer? Or it will make sgminer.conf in /etc/bamt/ ?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:11:29 PM

My rigs are showing up in the "for rent" list with the wrong price shown.

I have 2 rigs with identical price plans available. One is showing as 0.02/MHd, and one as 0.025/MHd. If you click on the "hire"link, the correct prices are shown, but as the availability list is sorted by price, the one with the wrong price quoted shows up a lot further down than it should.

Your prices are wrong, check zeros lol  Grin

Sukarti

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:20:15 PM

Looks interesting, how much is the escrow?

Is the escrow for new users still required?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:49:24 PM

For offering your rigs, yes.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:36:11 PM

To all customers - you can place rig orders now; something new, take it easy on it. I performed some tests locally, worked fine. But to make sure everything is 100% correct, start with little amounts of BTC first.

To all providers - you will be able to fill orders on main page.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:48:05 PM

Sukarti

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:25:00 AM

How much is the escrow for a new miner?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:27:46 AM

Depending on hashrate, but generally around price for MH/day, so if you have 2 MH rig, it would be 0.04 BTC.

salsamoves

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:35:02 AM

This looks just great, cant wait to get my rigs out there!
Puycheval

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:55:30 AM

Yep, new feature is coming; big one. Let's hope I can finish it today. And yes, there is very high demand, just prices are a bit too high, all rigs would be sold out if providers offered for a bit lower price.

Aye, prices way too high.

And now, only 3 rigs left for > 0.03 BTC/MH/day ...

By the way,  great work and great site djezo !

kenshirothefist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:42:27 AM

djeZo, it is good to see that you've added the new "orders" functionality. But this site still lacks one crucial information, this is the "current price".

For a rig provider to able to set a good price it is essential to see what is the current price demand. This can bee seen from the prices of currently rented rigs ... but we don't have this information! We only see "Best rated price (BTC/MH/day)" which is in most cases different from the price at which rig is currently rented! This is like I would go to BTC trading site and I would see only the offer prices and bid prices, but not current deals and current price ... this is ridiculous.

We need additional extra column:

"Currently rented
price (BTC/GH/day)"

For the rigs that are rented you would display the BTC/GH/day price at which the rig is currently rented, for the available rigs you would display "N/A" (obviously, since they are currently not rented).

And it would be also good to see some statistical info on top of the page:

currently rented MH/s: xxx
current average rented price/MH/day: xxx

Since this is only a display feature and does not affect any functionality, why can't you implement it?

And I ask also other users: wouldn't you find this useful?
mpdas108

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:05:33 AM

djeZo, it is good to see that you've added the new "orders" functionality. But this site still lacks one crucial information, this is the "current price".

For a rig provider to able to set a good price it is essential to see what is the current price demand. This can bee seen from the prices of currently rented rigs ... but we don't have this information! We only see "Best rated price (BTC/MH/day)" which is in most cases different from the price at which rig is currently rented! This is like I would go to BTC trading site and I would see only the offer prices and bid prices, but not current deals and current price ... this is ridiculous.

We need additional extra column:

"Currently rented
price (BTC/GH/day)"

For the rigs that are rented you would display the BTC/GH/day price at which the rig is currently rented, for the available rigs you would display "N/A" (obviously, since they are currently not rented).

And it would be also good to see some statistical info on top of the page:

currently rented MH/s: xxx
current average rented price/MH/day: xxx

Since this is only a display feature and does not affect any functionality, why can't you implement it?

And I ask also other users: wouldn't you find this useful?

+1

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:12:55 AM

I need to do something about pool management in case of rig failures first, because half of providers either have:
- not permitted save
- saving to different file / working directory
- non-matching default pools on site compared to cgminer startup pools - rendering pool auto removal useless
- smos and auto switching to some xyz pools?

I am thinking about creating special software which would act as a middleman between my site and cgminer. Benefits include:
- no more port forwarding on routers
- ability to merge several cgminer instances together and give customer one single big rig
- forced pools - because this middleman would be running on same machine as cgminer or at least in same network, it would be possible to execute several commands each 10 seconds without worries to overload anything

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:40:11 AM

We are dangerously running out of rigs! Where are all the rig providers now? You get paid 10-20% more than elsewhere, keep that in mind, also payment is in advance, the moment your rigs get hired!

kenshirothefist

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:13:50 PM

I need to do something about pool management in case of rig failures first, because half of providers either have:
- not permitted save
- saving to different file / working directory
- non-matching default pools on site compared to cgminer startup pools - rendering pool auto removal useless
- smos and auto switching to some xyz pools?

I am thinking about creating special software which would act as a middleman between my site and cgminer. Benefits include:
- no more port forwarding on routers
- ability to merge several cgminer instances together and give customer one single big rig
- forced pools - because this middleman would be running on same machine as cgminer or at least in same network, it would be possible to execute several commands each 10 seconds without worries to overload anything

I understand the issues of some rig providers with current system, however, I have second thoughts on this proposal. The current system in awesome for the serious and professional rig providers. It provides a decentralized system which is not dependent on your system - even if your server/system goes down/is having issues, the currently rented rigs will continue to work without any interruptions. And if someone is having issues it is 100% clear where is the fault is (weather at the rig provider or at the renter, the fault can't be on your side). As soon as you'l introduce whatever kind of proxy (local or remote), you'll loose all this. Any kind of proxy also brings additional latency and overhead and my affect mining performance. And there is also the thing of trust in this "special software" which has to run in my network / on my machines. That said - I welcome the new proposal, but you should definitely keep also the current system for those rig providers who are willing and able to configure it properly (nat rules, cgminer config, etc.).

And, again, djeZo, just risk a couple of hours and implement the "current price" information ... it really shouldn't be that hard.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: