Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power!  (Read 106939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
escobol

Activity: 154
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:30:07 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 08:15:50 PM by escobol

escobol rig back online (needed to cut powered risers because of 2 psu), added 2h (1h extra)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Puycheval

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:25:41 PM

I'm proud to announce that my last rig, Calvin, is ready for Maxcoin mining.
Only short leases for the moment.

BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:23:47 PM

I have a problem - I cannot modify my renting time. I want to give the user 6 hours. Upon entering 360 minutes, the time remained unchanged. Tried with 30 minutes - same thing. Also, I did not get paid.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:26:22 PM

djeZo, thanks for the latest updates! However, here is some more work for you Wink :

1. this is minor (aesthetic): you should change this

"Modify renting time for"

change to

"Extend renting time for"

(to be clear that a rig provider is actually extending time, "modify" is somehow unclear - or can you actually put in negative values to even decrease rented time?)

2. this is more important:

When I put my rig to "Disable" you shouldn't hide all the editing options for a rig. This is very important when we are changing rig's type and therefore also wanna modify pricing. For example: I put my rig in "Disable" mode, switch cgminer to vertminer and then enable the rig - the pricing stays from the previous setting. Now, before I can make changes to pricing, someone might already hire my rig (believe or not, that just happened to me Wink ). Some kind of workaround would be to modify pricing before disabling the rig - but then again someone might rent it before I'm able to disable it and thus I can't even switch it anymore to another mode ... So, please, it would be very useful if you leave rig editing enabled when rig is disabled. Just print with red bold text DISABLED on top of the page so that I can clearly see that my rig is currently disabled.

Thanks for all the good work, LeaseRig rocks! Wink
Puycheval

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:31:23 PM

When I put my rig to "Disable" you shouldn't hide all the editing options for a rig. This is very important when we are changing rig's type and therefore also wanna modify pricing. For example: I put my rig in "Disable" mode, switch cgminer to vertminer and then enable the rig - the pricing stays from the previous setting. Now, before I can make changes to pricing, someone might already hire my rig (believe or not, that just happened to me Wink ). Some kind of workaround would be to modify pricing before disabling the rig - but then again someone might rent it before I'm able to disable it and thus I can't even switch it anymore to another mode ... So, please, it would be very useful if you leave rig editing enabled when rig is disabled. Just print with red bold text DISABLED on top of the page so that I can clearly see that my rig is currently disabled.

+1

djeZo (OP)

Merit: 520

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:37:25 PM

I have a problem - I cannot modify my renting time. I want to give the user 6 hours. Upon entering 360 minutes, the time remained unchanged. Tried with 30 minutes - same thing. Also, I did not get paid.

Lease extension time is limited to +20% of original time. If you need to extend for more, refund is better option.

djeZo, thanks for the latest updates! However, here is some more work for you Wink :

change to

(to be clear that a rig provider is actually extending time, "modify" is somehow unclear - or can you actually put in negative values to even decrease rented time?)

1. Yes, you can enter in negative number to make lease shorter or even to terminate it.

2. Will fix this one tomorrow.

BotwinBG

Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:37:15 AM

Can I disable the rig while it is being rented? If not - is it possible to add that?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitlynx

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 02:30:20 AM

To whomever is renting my rig, there was a problem and my rig was mining my pool for a few hours instead of yours.  I have credited you with 4 hours additional mining time.

Please let me know if you have any other issues!

Thank you,
- Bitlynx

kenshirothefist

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:20:47 AM

djeZo, it might be very good if you would establish rating inside LeaseRig - similar (but simpler) as eBay ... when a lease would finish, the renter would rate the lease with a 1-5 stars (on-click) ... and you would display "Weighed Logarithmic LeaseRig Rating" (damn, I'm good with naming Wink WLLRR), for example:

user rated 4 stars to 72h lease; leaser received: (1+ln72)*4 points = 21,11 points
user rated 5 stars to 1h lease: leaser received: (1+ln1)*5 points = 5 points

So you would display the total points a leaser received (in this example 26,11) and average "starring", that would be (4+5)/2=4,5 stars.
s4ndm4ns

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:56:04 AM

Can I disable the rig while it is being rented? If not - is it possible to add that?

You can remove the rent plans and wait until its over and disable afterwards.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:03:43 PM

Lease extension time is limited to +20% of original time. If you need to extend for more, refund is better option.

change to

1. Yes, you can enter in negative number to make lease shorter or even to terminate it.

2. Will fix this one tomorrow.

2. Fixed.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:26:09 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 01:44:29 PM by djeZo

Due to recent events regarding Mt.Gox and Bitcoin attack.

I have checked technical bit of it and figured that the issue is only with non-confirmed/pending transactions when being resent. Luckily for us all, LeaseRig.net does not perform any kind of resends, so it is not possible for anyone to issue such attack on LeaseRig.net.

Additionally to that, I must say that 6 confirmations are needed for all deposits, so the paying out BTC is 100% validated and correct.

I have been noticing that there have been odd working in BTC network for past few days - some transactions were sent with 0 fee, some took half a day or even whole day to complete.

I received 0 reports of any provider not being paid and I received 0 reports of any customers missing funds. By this statistics I can say that LeaseRig.net is operating unaffected by the reported issue.

This post is somewhat most understandable to all and also explains you why LeaseRig.net is not affected:
The flaw isn't so much in Bitcoin as it is in exchange-systems. Many exchanges use the tx-id to uniquely identify transactions, but as it turns out, an attacker can change the tx-id without changing the actual transaction, rebroadcast the changed transaction (effectively creating a double-spend) and if his altered transaction gets accepted into a block instead of the legit transaction, the attacker receives his coins and can complain with the exchange that he didn't. The exchange will then check their db, fetch the tx-id from it, look it up in the blockchain and not find it. So they could conclude that the transaction indeed failed and credit the account with the coins.

A simple workaround is to not use the tx-id to identify transactions on the exchange side, but the set of (amount, address, timestamp) instead. If a user complains about not receiving their withdrawal, support can look it up using these 3 variables. It takes a little bit more work from support, but it prevents this attack from succeeding.

While it'd be nice if the tx-id isn't malleable, blaming this problem on a flaw in the protocol is quite a stretch.

LeaseRig.net does no saving of TXID into database. If there was an error with no payment being sent, then these would be solved manually. But a big exchange cannot afford to solve such issues manually thus having automated system for resolving them.

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:12:28 PM

Due to recent events regarding Mt.Gox and Bitcoin attack.

I have checked technical bit of it and figured that the issue is only with non-confirmed/pending transactions when being resent. Luckily for us all, LeaseRig.net does not perform any kind of resends, so it is not possible for anyone to issue such attack on LeaseRig.net.

Additionally to that, I must say that 6 confirmations are needed for all deposits, so the paying out BTC is 100% validated and correct.

I have been noticing that there have been odd working in BTC network for past few days - some transactions were sent with 0 fee, some took half a day or even whole day to complete.

I received 0 reports of any provider not being paid and I received 0 reports of any customers missing funds. By this statistics I can say that LeaseRig.net is operating unaffected by the reported issue.

This post is somewhat most understandable to all and also explains you why LeaseRig.net is not affected:
The flaw isn't so much in Bitcoin as it is in exchange-systems. Many exchanges use the tx-id to uniquely identify transactions, but as it turns out, an attacker can change the tx-id without changing the actual transaction, rebroadcast the changed transaction (effectively creating a double-spend) and if his altered transaction gets accepted into a block instead of the legit transaction, the attacker receives his coins and can complain with the exchange that he didn't. The exchange will then check their db, fetch the tx-id from it, look it up in the blockchain and not find it. So they could conclude that the transaction indeed failed and credit the account with the coins.

A simple workaround is to not use the tx-id to identify transactions on the exchange side, but the set of (amount, address, timestamp) instead. If a user complains about not receiving their withdrawal, support can look it up using these 3 variables. It takes a little bit more work from support, but it prevents this attack from succeeding.

While it'd be nice if the tx-id isn't malleable, blaming this problem on a flaw in the protocol is quite a stretch.

LeaseRig.net does no saving of TXID into database. If there was an error with no payment being sent, then these would be solved manually. But a big exchange cannot afford to solve such issues manually thus having automated system for resolving them.

Its nothing new, has been there for ages.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_Malleability
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/10/mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-core-developer-greg-maxwell-responds/

<gmaxwell> The challenge for me in offering something here is that this isn’t news to me – for years – and it’s never been a particularly large concern. This wouldn’t make the top ten list of dangers in the Bitcoin technology.

Garrick Hileman, an economic historian at the London School of Economics told CNBC that this error with bitcoin's protocol - called "transaction malleability" - isn't a new problem and believes that Mt Gox may be using it as a delaying tactic because of an internal technology complication, a regulatory issue, or even a solvency problem.

Mtgox is a pest to bitcoin. The sooner they shut down the better. I mean to start blaming a KNOWN tiny issue for the their own issues is just a fecking joke.
DIE
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:27:42 PM

Two updates;
- I replaced average rental price with WEIGHTED average price, because that one shows true rental price more accurately. Weights are durations of leases and speeds of rented rigs.
- In admin panel, you can now enter in rated price directly (BTC/MH/day) when creating renting plans.

The current real going price for rigs is obviously 0.01825956 on LeaseRig.net - it means that providers offering rigs can expect to get 0.018 BTC/MH/day when renting their rigs over LeaseRig.net.

Of course, there are some prices a bit lower on the list of available rigs - but these (if you check closely) often only offer such good price for either very short lease or very long lease thus they aren't selling so well.

kenshirothefist

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:47:55 PM

If anyone is interested, my caveminer03 professional mining rig is now available (Keccak SHA-3 @ 2200 Mh/s or VTC @ 2.1 Mh/s) at http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?t=1

Happy mining!
snuckles

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:02:47 PM

Hi
Am renting Mr bob c rig just waiting for Btc to move from wallet  Smiley
testthewhiterabbit

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:11:37 PM

djeZo, I just had 5 rigs end their lease and didn't switch back the default pool I had set.  If I hadn't happened to have checked, a 1 hour lease would have turned into a 12+ hour lease.  Is there anyway to fix this?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:21:10 PM

Looking into it. You are the only one. Looks like the pools result from your cgminer was truncated (happens sometimes on bad connections).

bitlynx

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 11:16:41 PM

I know it's super pesky, but I'd love to see my rig rental history (which I love) in my local time zone.  One more field on the admin form and in your DB (to store my timezone offset from CET) and one additional calculation to show the date/time per history item.  Pleeeease? Smiley

singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:17:38 PM

Some ideas for improvement:
In addition to "Best rated price" (which is usually for 72 hour lease) allow sorting by price for renting the rig for defined number of hours (for example if I want to rent a rig only for 24 hours, I'd like the rigs sorted by their price for that rent time)

The price is usually higher for short term leases, but the rigs differ quite a bit in that aspect - some rigs are only 5% more expensive for 24hour lease than for 72 hour lease, some rigs have higher price difference.

It would be also nice to write amount of hours for which the "Best rated price" is valid in the listing. Not always it is 72 Smiley

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: