Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LEASERIG.NET - rent&hire Quark hashing power!  (Read 106939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:57:11 PM

Suggestion: instead of showing "Lease active from Sun Jan 26 17:11:19 CET 2014 until Sun Jan 26 20:11:19 CET 2014", which is confusing if you're not in CET (if you even know what CET is - I had to look it up), show something less region specific like:

(a) the overall lease period in hours; and
(b) the number of hours and minutes remaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:57:13 PM

Everyone, check this out please: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433319

Discuss alternative payment methods for leaserig.

Suggestion: instead of showing "Lease active from Sun Jan 26 17:11:19 CET 2014 until Sun Jan 26 20:11:19 CET 2014", which is confusing if you're not in CET (if you even know what CET is - I had to look it up), show something less region specific like:

(a) the overall lease period in hours; and
(b) the number of hours and minutes remaining.

Already on todo list.

hutnik

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:57:30 PM

Is there/will there be official/unofficial IRC channel somewhere?

Create one.
Oh, don't know how to do that properly. I'll leave that to someone more experienced.

Is there/will there be official/unofficial IRC channel somewhere?
I want to talk about what the hell is my machine mining right now  Roll Eyes

You want to discuss with rig onwers what renters are mining ?
Now when I think about it, there should be some level of privacy, and what and where are renters mining is exactly what should not be discussed  Undecided

It only popped in my mind now, because I'm curious what I'm mining, so I often jump on the page in pool address to see what it is,
and now I've landed on page full of chinese characters Grin

bitlynx

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 05:02:49 PM

I would urge renters not to change the price after rig is leased. That creates a false impression that the rig was leased for much higher which is kind of dishonest.  Smiley and artificially raised the prices..

If you wish to change your rental plans before the next person rents, you really have no choice but to change plans during the current rental.

djeZo, are you grabbing stats from current rental plans or from rental history data?  Speaking of which, it'd be awesome for us admins to be able to see rental history with renter name, price, date/time and length of rental.  I'm sure that's already on your list. Smiley

HashRateSolutions

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 05:08:54 PM

Great idea. I might lease my rig.
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:12:06 PM

I would urge renters not to change the price after rig is leased. That creates a false impression that the rig was leased for much higher which is kind of dishonest.  Smiley and artificially raised the prices..

If you wish to change your rental plans before the next person rents, you really have no choice but to change plans during the current rental.

djeZo, are you grabbing stats from current rental plans or from rental history data?  Speaking of which, it'd be awesome for us admins to be able to see rental history with renter name, price, date/time and length of rental.  I'm sure that's already on your list. Smiley

Yes understood the reason right after I posted Smiley .. May be Dejo can make some enhancement to show the original plan
Puycheval

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:15:41 PM

+1

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:19:02 PM

+1

On todo...

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:25:24 PM

Haven't read through all of this thread, so apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

Does the leaserig system and its miners support the old-school 'getwork' protocol? IOW, if I give a http URL instead of stratum+tcp:// will everything work? I want the rig to connect directly to my client for solo mining.

Somebody is doing solo mining on my rig. So yes, it works Smiley

I've done my first buy and it is solo mining as expected... but given that you have no control over finer configuration such as poll period it is probably just wasting hashes.

I'm on a coin that is currently finding 2 or 3 blocks per minute, but the leased miner is only connecting once per 60 seconds to get work. This means it will be routinely spending time working on blocks that were already found by someone else, and it will miss having a go at more than half of the blocks. Sad

Really need a reverse stratum proxy that lets the miner connect via stratum, but do getwork to the local client. Basically like a simple pool.

BTW: if you're solo mining remember that the guy running the miner will have full RPC access, which means access to your wallet. I am using a throwaway client with a script that sweeps any balance above 1 to another client/account.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:31:18 PM

Haven't read through all of this thread, so apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

Does the leaserig system and its miners support the old-school 'getwork' protocol? IOW, if I give a http URL instead of stratum+tcp:// will everything work? I want the rig to connect directly to my client for solo mining.

Somebody is doing solo mining on my rig. So yes, it works Smiley

I've done my first buy and it is solo mining as expected... but given that you have no control over finer configuration such as poll period it is probably just wasting hashes.

I'm on a coin that is currently finding 2 or 3 blocks per minute, but the leased miner is only connecting once per 60 seconds to get work. This means it will be routinely spending time working on blocks that were already found by someone else, and it will miss having a go at more than half of the blocks. Sad

Really need a reverse stratum proxy that lets the miner connect via stratum, but do getwork to the local client. Basically like a simple pool.

BTW: if you're solo mining remember that the guy running the miner will have full RPC access, which means access to your wallet. I am using a throwaway client with a script that sweeps any balance above 1 to another client/account.

Yes, there are some security considerations to take care of if doing solo mining with these rigs. But even if doing manual renting of rigs (person to person), there is such security consideration, so this is nothing new.

Xamda

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:50:45 PM

Tried to register for this service, but it seems the Captcha part is not working (nothing is shown)... Thus it is impossible to register?

Any ideas why this is (tried different browsers - same result)?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

Tried to register for this service, but it seems the Captcha part is not working (nothing is shown)... Thus it is impossible to register?

Any ideas why this is (tried different browsers - same result)?

Google is having issues with captcha sometimes. Just retry now or after some minutes.

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:01:55 PM

One workaround I've found is to add a stratum pool as a lower priority backup. It stays connected and provides information about new blocks even though you're sending it no shares. When the stratum connection for the pool signals a new block, the miner immediately does a getwork request to the main client. So instead of blindly asking every 60 seconds "hey, has anything changed? Am I still working on the right block?" it can now say "I just heard there's a new block, send me the info"
bitlynx

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 06:28:08 PM

djeZo, thanks again for coming up with an awesome service and constantly improving it!

Have you considering releasing an API, like one of the exchange tickers, such as: https://btc-e.com/api/2/btc_usd/ticker?  Obviously, not for coin prices, but for raw data on rigs for rent. 

I ask because I'd like to use such an API to grab data to enhance my pool-monitoring website (http://home.digitolle.net/miner) so customers can also see how long it's rented for, etc.  I'm just using simple code based on current username to determine if it's "Rented" or not.

Thanks,
- Bitlynx

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:33:22 PM

djeZo, thanks again for coming up with an awesome service and constantly improving it!

Have you considering releasing an API, like one of the exchange tickers, such as: https://btc-e.com/api/2/btc_usd/ticker?  Obviously, not for coin prices, but for raw data on rigs for rent.  

I ask because I'd like to use such an API to grab data to enhance my pool-monitoring website (http://home.digitolle.net/miner) so customers can also see how long it's rented for, etc.  I'm just using simple code based on current username to determine if it's "Rented" or not.

Thanks,
- Bitlynx

Maybe in the future. Currently there are more important things to do.

ayagle

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 07:02:48 PM

Is there a way to reset the password for my account?.. I thought I pasted it someplace on my comp, but apparently not..  Huh

Playforbitco.in (*coming soon ( or possibly 4 sale) - Referral Trade Currency
Pustul

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:09:43 PM

Would it be possible to prevent someone from leasing a not responding rig?
I've had a problem this morning with my rig and someone rent it while it was down, I thought it was impossible so I didn't change the price to prevent it from happening.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:14:03 PM

Is there a way to reset the password for my account?.. I thought I pasted it someplace on my comp, but apparently not..  Huh

Send me PM of your email and I will mail it to you.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

I've had a problem this morning with my rig and someone rent it while it was down, I thought it was impossible so I didn't change the price to prevent it from happening.

Sometimes these responds are only temporary. So it is hard to detect when rig is actually down or just a temporary connection issue that gets fixed after 1 minute.

Pustul

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:24:02 PM

Sometimes these responds are only temporary. So it is hard to detect when rig is actually down or just a temporary connection issue that gets fixed after 1 minute.

Not really a problem, the renter can lease the rig one minute after instead of the very moment it's down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: