Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Openex hacked but coins recovered  (Read 14259 times)
ORBOTRON

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:57:00 AM

So, when the coins were initially stolen, I tried to make trades with my ~.06btc and withdraw, a couple small trades went through, but others just ended with my BTC vanishing into thin air, about 0.052btc Do you still have all the old records/database to figure out what happened and credit my btc?

I honestly gave up and was just going to count it as a loss because I realized after thinking about it that I would be taking other people's coins, that hadn't been stolen, and they would be getting credits for btc that didn't exist. It was the BTC wallet that was stolen, and I was holding BTC, so I should take the loss, but now that it's recovered, I certainly wouldn't mind having it back, haha

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darthburnstuff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:05:42 PM

I'm still waiting for 479 RAD coin that disappeared.  If they were recovered why aren't they back in my account?  Angry

This problem has been resolved.  Thank you r3wt.
hiksush2

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:36:46 PM

wow  I am late I have 60k dimecoin here ...Is there a way  I can get it back I am willing to receive any compensation if there is any I just hope the admin will offer this so he will not lose his reputation Sad

the site is back live, all of the wallets are back live.

Wait, so you reopened it completely?  Because registrations were closed before, and now they are open.  Please tell me you didn't think it was ok to reopen it.  Because it's not.  Not without a huge warning telling people your code is fully vulnerable and depositing coins is essentially donating them to whichever hacker gets there first.
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:25:47 AM

i heard from a reliable source that the txid-000 bug still exists. how the fuck did u relaunch the site without fixing known bugs?

in general, you kinda have to know about the bug to fix it. no one told me about it. i fix all bugs as soon as i know.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:32:27 AM

R3wt, I'm glad that you have learned a lot from this, and I hope your exchange is successful in the future. Its unfortunate that you had to learn at such great expense, but those are the lessons most taken to heart. Some people may be bashing you harder than u deserve, but its true you were not ready to launch a site which handles money. I was not referring to that 6min hack though, but the order cancel, txid-000, and other bugs that where alledgedly there prior to the hack. Did u not test for such scenarios as what would happen if a person tried to sell to them self? Or if copy/paste txid from wallet which includes the -000. All I'm saying is that it was not necessary to try to find these bugs, they occurred from using the site as a normal customer would. Perhaps next time you should have a more thorough  testing period.

this is the first i'm hearing of the tx-id bug. i'll check it out now.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
CatCoin

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:38:28 AM

i heard from a reliable source that the txid-000 bug still exists. how the fuck did u relaunch the site without fixing known bugs?
Because he doesn't know what he's doing, and is in a rush to get more people to naively trust him with their money so that he can pat himself on the back and tell himself "i'm good enough, smart enough, and doggonit, people like me".  When he gets hacked again, which is only a matter of time, he will once again lash out at everyone who tells him he's in over his head, and tell himself it would have happened to anyone else, and his 6 months of experience gives him all the info he needs to be able to say that.

Time to get back to trying to re-invent the wheel, since the thousands of developers before him with massive amounts of experience clearly had no idea what they were doing.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:51:46 AM

Because he doesn't know what he's doing, and is in a rush to get more people to naively trust him with their money so that he can pat himself on the back and tell himself "i'm good enough, smart enough, and doggonit, people like me".  When he gets hacked again, which is only a matter of time, he will once again lash out at everyone who tells him he's in over his head, and tell himself it would have happened to anyone else, and his 6 months of experience gives him all the info he needs to be able to say that.

Time to get back to trying to re-invent the wheel, since the thousands of developers before him with massive amounts of experience clearly had no idea what they were doing.

Oh stop it, you're gonna make me cry!

Ice_Blade

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

IRC: Ice_Blade@freenode.net

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:55:06 AM

Sorry to tell you this, but CatCoin is right. The txid-000 bug was also mentioned in this thread.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:14:43 AM

Sorry to tell you this, but CatCoin is right. The txid-000 bug was also mentioned in this thread.

Alright, i went back and saw it. feature has been disabled and i've started a bug/vuln bounty. thanks

Millicent

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:18:05 PM

Alright, i went back and saw it. feature has been disabled and i've started a bug/vuln bounty. thanks

Your bounty relies on the honesty of those who either find it or know  about it.  The hacker that finds the exploit is going to administrate his own bounty.

BTC ~ 1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:29:33 PM

We'll all be dead in 80 years. Who cares.

Millicent

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:12:00 PM

That's sooner than later for some of us...

BTC ~ 1CX9TMGCv73XLcvckz5RsnHgsHA5fJrL2q
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:21:18 PM

Let's pretend none of this ever happened

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:37:47 PM

so i should get a bounty for pointing out this bug? please direct it to the address below and i'll gladly tell you about a few more bugs i see. sorry to swear at you, i usually dont get nasty with people on the internet, but i had a weak moment considering the circumstances.

1PFo41TnkogkD1DJWxFwMWc5ShMn1tJxhN

funny how quickly your attitude changes. you can submit a pull request. then you get paid.

Gerrit

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:51:15 PM

If others only help you if they get a bounty, I don't need anything:

A "bug" I notice is the display of wrong balances in the "account balances". All trade amounts seem to add up to your old balances. So after some trades your "account balances" are way too high. But luckily, in the trading (and withdrawing) part the right amount is displayed. So guess it's impossible to benefit from this bug. After reopening some old BTC fractions caused a wedge as well.

Pathetic how some paupers try to benefit from this situation. I don't want to interfere in the discussion, as both parts have some good points, but for sure you don't get too many helping hands.
emu

Activity: 69

stupidity manager

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

I got most of my skeincoins back, thanks. And tbh you could double your account deposits of skeincoin by force checking and entering TXID-000...

I guess surfer is the one who should get credits, this is days old from this thread

if you want your SKC in good hands: SXVBoZJWahdVNZsYqjdF3V25hSWDvNaoDn
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:15:29 PM

I got most of my skeincoins back, thanks. And tbh you could double your account deposits of skeincoin by force checking and entering TXID-000...

I guess surfer is the one who should get credits, this is days old from this thread

yep

surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:55:05 PM

This was right before it was hacked. But now I tried the same thing and it didn't work. So this glitch was fixed.
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:47:49 AM

where did the astrocoin market go?
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:02:08 AM

where did the astrocoin market go?

removed. info to come.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: