Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s  (Read 346282 times)
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:35:19 PM

And in 25 you will get tracking if all is good q1 march delivery
And while you are counting days until March there will be two jumps with 40% this is my feeling
And so on and on just two magic words ASIC on stock reliable delivery and the fact that there are no deals around does not mean that we have to buy that is all
I'm not sure why you're saying that if everything goes well that a unit that ships on Jan 25th will arrive in March. While it's a possibility if there are huge customs delays, the last one I ordered was on Saturday night, it shipped on Monday and it's scheduled for delivery today.
It was my mistake about March but your are too fast I have just edited my post but it is too late
The problem With 25 jan shipment is that China is closing for ny and there is just on business day which means that it shall be out of people's republic before that the route is going Taiwan probably and when it reaches there they will be closed Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:47:27 PM

Mining Stably, Delivering on Time, if not Pre-Shipped.

Now we need only 1 confirmation after you paid the bitcoin. As we will double check before we finally ship, We believe double spending attack is not rationale.
2.2BTC/Unit, Shipping included.

The first batch of Antminer buyer is going to ROI in a day when I write this post

When Bitmain first introduce the miners on the market, we sell on 2013/11/23 a 180GH/s ANTMINER at 4.75 BTC. some people fear the increasing of difficulty, while some other community members bought it.

What if these miners started to mine on 2013/11/25, how many coins has the S1 mined, assuming not overclocked, 0.10$/KWH, 836USD/BTC? The number is 4.697BTC, electricity bill deducted. The miner who bought S1 on 2013/11/23 @4.75BTC per unit needs only another day to enjoy the ROI when we write this post,  without overclocking.

Now according to our model, which has been proved accurate or conservative in the past, we believe the 2.2BTC is profitable price for the miners, and a fair price to distribute the future mining revenue between the Bitmain and the mining community.

Good news Smiley   To hose who say 2.2BTC is too high, you need to review your calculations - difficulty is beginning to settle a little towards 20% increase per jump which results much differently than those 96%/month estimations. I think that at 2.2BTC, you should expect it to mine 2.1-2.6BTC in its useful lifetime

I have units from the original 4.75 and 4.25 auctions/group buys, and looking at the income they have provided, they have made *approximately* 4.3 and 3.95 BTC each - a little lower than bitmain's estimate, perhaps because shipping time/delays and system setup/down time were not factored in. - In either case, both systems need to pay off far less than 2.2BTC of their costs Smiley

The product is simple and fairly energy-efficient. it would be nice to see an option added to purchase units with a secondary fan installed, or perhaps slightly quieter fans, Considering I have added a second $20 PWM fan on each unit ive bought so far

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:52:26 PM

Now we need only 1 confirmation after you paid the bitcoin. As we will double check before we finally ship, We believe double spending attack is not rationale.

The first batch of Antminer buyer is going to ROI in a day when I write this post

When Bitmain first introduce the miners on the market, we sell on 2013/11/23 a 180GH/s ANTMINER at 4.75 BTC. some people fear the increasing of difficulty, while some other community members bought it.

What if these miners started to mine on 2013/11/25, how many coins has the S1 mined, assuming not overclocked, 0.10$/KWH, 836USD/BTC? The number is 4.697BTC, electricity bill deducted. The miner who bought S1 on 2013/11/23 @4.75BTC per unit needs only another day to enjoy the ROI when we write this post,  without overclocking.

Now according to our model, which has been proved accurate or conservative in the past, we believe the 2.2BTC is profitable price for the miners, and a fair price to distribute the future mining revenue between the Bitmain and the mining community.

Good news Smiley   To hose who say 2.2BTC is too high, you need to review your calculations - difficulty is beginning to settle a little towards 20% increase per jump which results much differently than those 96%/month estimations. I think that at 2.2BTC, you should expect it to mine 2.1-2.6BTC in its useful lifetime

I have units from the original 4.75 and 4.25 auctions/group buys, and looking at the income they have provided, they have made *approximately* 4.3 and 3.95 BTC each - a little lower than bitmain's estimate, perhaps because shipping time/delays and system setup/down time were not factored in. - In either case, both systems need to pay off far less than 2.2BTC of their costs Smiley

The product is simple and fairly energy-efficient. it would be nice to see an option added to purchase units with a secondary fan installed, or perhaps slightly quieter fans, Considering I have added a second $20 PWM fan on each unit ive bought so far
Super
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
My estimate is around 35%
Second please let some who participated in those group buys to comment reality against projection
By reality I mean separate pool/s account and the ACTUAL TRACEABLE income
Have in mind that in reality mining income is at least 5% less iff all is super fine during the period and you do not need calc for that

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
cyberspaced

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:59:58 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 06:27:09 PM by cyberspaced

I have paid 2.65 for one that has not even shipped yet!!!!   Huh

"We created a myth in bitcoin community: no pre-orders, shipping on time, even pre- shipping.  We are earning more and more trust from worldwide customers." how long will that last if you make a firesale and then sell the items cheaper a few days later??

So please Bitmain, answer your emails and give us all our "unshipped" Ants for 2.2 BTC
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:30:34 PM

What PWM fan have you been going with?

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:46:14 PM

Wish PayPal or Bank Transfer was available.  Out of coins myself as well Sad
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 06:54:44 PM

Whatever happen to the days of people making the decision if the price is to high by not purchasing?

Man everyone wants to bitch about price.. if you don't like it.. don't buy it.

Risk vs reward..

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:35:58 PM

Just wanna state that the antminer S1 from the first firesale of 30 units @ 2.4btc showed up =) and as he stated, because I pointed out a bug on the site, there was a free U1 USB miner sitting in it ...woot
Smoothest ASIC purchase ever.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:46:33 PM

Whatever happen to the days of people making the decision if the price is to high by not purchasing?

Man everyone wants to bitch about price.. if you don't like it.. don't buy it.

Risk vs reward..
Only risk dude
My avalon batch one was a risk vs reward now the risk remains and you can never win no chance

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:48:27 PM

Just wanna state that the antminer S1 from the first firesale of 30 units @ 2.4btc showed up =) and as he stated, because I pointed out a bug on the site, there was a free U1 USB miner sitting in it ...woot
Smoothest ASIC purchase ever.
Please setup a separate pool account so you can be able totrace exactly your income and be so kind to post if you ever Meade btc roi
Thank you very much
If you wish of course

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:54:51 PM

Super
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
My estimate is around 35%
Second please let some who participated in those group buys to comment reality against projection
By reality I mean separate pool/s account and the ACTUAL TRACEABLE income
Have in mind that in reality mining income is at least 5% less iff all is super fine during the period and you do not need calc for that

maybe you missed what i said - the 4.75BTC unit IS very close to paying for itself. I run at 190GH and $0.10/kWh. Its not as close as bitmian is suggesting, but i had delays in shipping, setup, and some internet outtages. In either case, I expect the miner to pay for itself sometime around, or just after, the next difficulty jump in 9 days

its a little tricky to estimate the exact income, since i now have 3 antminers and a bitfury mining together. All mining is a single wallet address, and I have used a few pools (eligius, btcguild, and ghash.io) at different times and sometimes sent payments from them to btc-e or to bitmain for purchases rather than into the mining address - so I have to round some numbers and make a few estimates on these details.

PS: I am using Cougar 120mm PWM fans (<21db, 70cfm) as my secondary fans, and i beleive they help pull a lot of the excess heat away

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
CroverNo01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:50:17 PM

Please watch out this website is very buggy - I made payment right away and Bitmain says only needs 1 confirmation

Had 10 by 30mins still website not show I paid now my order has been canceled and yet I paid with over now 15 confirmations!

Trying to get a reply from Bitmain or his email team is near impossible.

Sadly I now fear the worst :/ Anyone else had this problem ?  
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:55:14 PM

Please watch out this website is very buggy - I made payment right away and Bitmain says only needs 1 confirmation

Had 10 by 30mins still website not show I paid now my order has been canceled and yet I paid with over now 15 confirmations!

don't fear the worst - the bitmain team is one of the best and most legit. Remember, its the middle of the night in china so they likely are not watching emails closely

miter_myles

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:16:13 PM

Negative - took 15-20 mins to get 1 conf if I recall.. once I had 1 confirmation, site reflected good to go / valid.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:29:12 PM

It's actually pretty interesting, you can estimate your position in the order queue based on their BTC address.
https://blockchain.info/address/1QB8Ds5KbGYBLQa5RyDQ2sVUeSKWf7qgkZ
You can see 55 transactions of 2.4BTC into it on the 11th from the last sale.

After the increase, there was a bunch of transactions for multiples of 2.65 (and what I believe to be a 4 part transaction for 31.8 or 12 units), totaling 31 (+12) for a total of 43 units at 2.65.

You then see the big increase after the price drop, at this time 81 multiples of 2.2 (plus one of 3.3 without a corresponding 1.1). There's two transactions of 22BTC that could be 500 U1 orders or 10 S1 orders, and of course small orders could make up a single 22BTC U1 order, though I think it's unlikely that someone who paid in multiple transactions would do it in exact multiples of 2.2 If I had to guess, I'd say at this point they've sold 61 S1s and 1000 U1s since the price drop.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 10:22:12 PM

If everything continues as is with ~20% increase, 2.2 btc is reasonable.

However you guys realize a significant ramp up is coming in the next 2 months right? with both knc and cointerra poised to release 2-3 TH units. Our current difficulty is only 13K TH, this will be a major disruptive event.  

Anyway everyone can make their own decision, i plan to wait and see.

But major respect to bitmain for delivering what is promised, so rare in this space. I dont know what it is about bitcoin that just attracts the worst scammers and thieves.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
jleefly

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

jld.kr - Cryptocurrency Web Development !

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 10:31:00 PM

I will purchase at 2.2btc. please let me know how

CroverNo01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:50:51 PM

Negative - took 15-20 mins to get 1 conf if I recall.. once I had 1 confirmation, site reflected good to go / valid.

I made an order at DATE: 2014-01-15 19:43:21 Paid at 2014-01-15 19:44:02 with now 37 confirmations yet I got Unpaid,Unshipped,Expired - Have sent an email to there support team. Or if Bitman reads this please get in contact with me or fix my order.

Just wondering a user provided a wallet address above but each transaction you make to Bitmain has a personalized wallet ?

miter_myles

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

I made an order at DATE: 2014-01-15 19:43:21 Paid at 2014-01-15 19:44:02 with now 37 confirmations yet I got Unpaid,Unshipped,Expired - Have sent an email to there support team. Or if Bitman reads this please get in contact with me or fix my order.

Just wondering a user provided a wallet address above but each transaction you make to Bitmain has a personalized wallet ?

Yep - then it looks like it was redirected/sent to the addy that MrT posted

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:15:02 PM

If everything continues as is with ~20% increase, 2.2 btc is reasonable.

However you guys realize a significant ramp up is coming in the next 2 months right? with both knc and cointerra poised to release 2-3 TH units. Our current difficulty is only 13K TH, this will be a major disruptive event.  

Anyway everyone can make their own decision, i plan to wait and see.

But major respect to bitmain for delivering what is promised, so rare in this space. I dont know what it is about bitcoin that just attracts the worst scammers and thieves.
Well, the Neptune is scheduled for Q2 of 2014 so April to June. I would be really surprised if any of them hit the network in the next two months. I'd actually be really impressed if the first batch ones shipped towards the end of May. Even at that point, they've sold out the first 1200 unit batch and are selling the second to ship a month later, so I think having 2400 Neptunes on the market by the end of June would be slightly optimistic for KnC, but possible. That's only 7.2PH/s, and the link I posted had difficulty of about 23B at that point, which is a hashrate of about 170PH/s.
Cointerra likely will ship very soon, but the batch they're currently selling is listed to ship in May. I'm not sure we'll see more than the additional 48PH/s I estimated would join the network by the end of March.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 297 »
  Print  

Jump to: