Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:26:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's list of Shit and Scam Coins ---January 16th -- Ed. 2--  (Read 8328 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:35:16 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 07:43:43 AM by tk808

Welcome to the Second edition of Shit and Scam coins of the day

Brought to you by: Common sense

1) Troptions - I coulden't stop thinking about Lotion when i saw this giveaway thread. Released on November 05, Trop is being summoned from its death to make one last round on bitcointalk. With a logo made in MS paint and a premine that was not specified, i wouldn't be surprised if this dev had 99% of all Troptions that will ever exist.

2) SocialCoin - I really laughed at this. Check out its logo, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418607.0. The logo and the name have nothing to do with each other. Our Socialcoin developer is trying to appeal to your sub-conscious about helping people and doing better for human-kind. The only good this coin will ever do, is line the pockets of it's devs with some dollars. Do not support this monstrosity, if you want to help charities and homeless, i wouldn't be doing it on these forums.

3) NobleCoin - Devs are not listing how much they are pre-mining anymore, i looked and couldn't find an answer. With it's long and dreadful mission/objective, Noblecoin actually took time to put together. None the less, there is nothing new but the greed of this person. Starting to wonder if all these coins are made by 3-4 people.

5) Malecoin - and i quote "Malecoin - coins for real men. STRONG, FAST, SERIOUS" ... if it's only for men, then how are you going to lose your virginity if women stereotyped as money diggers? Think about it.

6) USDE - Premine 1.5% of 1.6 Billion. Lets do the math. That's 24,000,000 (24 Million) PREMINED COINS! and they are only doing giveaways with 100-500USDES? What the fuck?? what a bunch of greedy fucking cunts. Holy fuck man, i can't believe you would support this trash. Now, USDE is one of the more creative and higher end shit coins (on par with digibyte). But that's where my heart ends with this absolute trash. With meme's on top of meme's, this coin is trying to go viral, but at the same time it's trying to duplicate the dollar (subconsciously in your mind). After all that marketing confusion, it's trying to appear as a new world currency. Make up your fucking mind! The devs are a bunch of hacks and whores, probably in their 30s or late 20s.. trying to make a dollar off of people's souls because they don't know any other way to make real cash.  USDE is one of those coins that will take off, as much as i hate to say it.
In the end, their name is all it has going for them.

7) Hotcoin - Premine 2-3%, born in the heart of china, this coin try to make it's debut on the english forums. But with the lack of support and a few pop-up giveaways, it would be an absolute waste to even make a wallet. Your computer begs you not to download their shit software.

8 ) Powercoin "Backed by Power" - WHO IS COMING UP WITH THIS SHIT? Thank the lord people are not supporting this, because my 8 year old cousin could make a better fucking coin on the generator.

9) Platium/Gold/Silver Bars - All created by 1 man. Now, i do see digital currencies backed by raw commodities. But the absolute greed of this 1 man making 3 coins is absurd. Hoping that 1 of the three will take off, i suspect a painful, slow death for all 3. But none the less, keep your eye on them. With the madness on these forums, these could be worth something, someday.

10 ) QQCoin - Again, dev does not list pre-mining. Do people on these forums just stop caring about pre-mine? Are we that so oblivious to a shitcoin these days? Baffles me. A World of Warcraft's players dream coin. Quick Quick Coin sounds like a coin that was created in the early 1800s, during the period of America's wild-wild-west. QQ?

What to keep your eye on (Lots of potential) -

Ethereum

Not an IPO scam or another shitcoin. In fact, they are not even having an IPO yet.  Marketed as a 2nd generation coin. With the source code and whitepaper release, Eth has serious serious potential. Very professional design, and with a in-genius 19-year old (From Russia i think) behind this coin; this will surely rival the giants of digital currencies. See below for detailed information.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. Currently i'm just getting caught up, some of these coins may be a few months old. But stay tuned and stay informed about the latest in Shit and Scam Coins.

Have a great day

Edition 1 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416541.0

BTC Donations - 1LqmeyPFybPZo2RN56KFgFSwsoeLwnXHyH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:38:53 PM

every coin here is shit , the only real coins are bitcoin and litecoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:41:01 PM

Noblecoin does list the premine. Here is the public ledger: http://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/

Pitstop

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:44:21 PM

Luv it!! Keep up the great work!

matthona

Activity: 350

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:03:33 PM

have you considered posting your top 10 or so of good coins? or maybe a list of top things to look for in a coin... might be more helpful to the noobs than listing what will surely be a very very long list of crap coins to avoid

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Chamrox

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:05:13 PM

Do you think Ethereum is a scam coin or not? Why even put it in the same breath as these other guys?

Personally, I think the jury is still out on Ethereum. It could be more of the same but with more smoke and mirrors.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:06:30 PM

how could you forget about fairquark?
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:07:32 PM

Do you think Ethereum is a scam coin or not? Why even put it in the same breath as these other guys?

Personally, I think the jury is still out on Ethereum. It could be more of the same but with more smoke and mirrors.

It's not a scam from what i've read. I put it "what to watch out for" i will clarify it's category.

Eth could be a major success, time will tell
coiner92

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:13:14 PM

People should stop making coins. There are some coins out there that have real potential but the shitty coins are sucking up the markets due to the numerous pump and dump waste. There is btc, ltc, net, wdc, eac, etc. Maybe only 10% have potential.

Even shitcoin is being mined. What stores are gonna really accept a coin called shitcoin for payments.

tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:14:52 PM

People should stop making coins. There are some coins out there that have real potential but the shitty coins are sucking up the markets due to the numerous pump and dump waste. There is btc, ltc, net, wdc, eac, etc. Maybe only 10% have potential.

Even shitcoin is being mined. What stores are gonna really accept a coin called shitcoin for payments.

Agreed, but new members on these forums must be highly confused. Just trying to inform and educate those who have no idea what to buy or mine.
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:19:57 PM

4) Vertcoin - Premine Unknown - the maker of this shit only specified that he mined 3 Blocks, 3 blocks totaling 300,000 of your shitcoin? Give us answers you whore. With a max of 840,000 coins, a low supply of coins seems to be the new wave, effective and easy to make a quick buck. Vert was inspired by skateboarder's terminology. One can only suspect that this coin was made during a 10th graders lunch break. Stop supporting this garbage.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I have nothing to do with vertcoin dev, but I've been banging the drum for it largely because it's _not_ premined and is actually different (is not a scrypt clone). The 3 blocks the dev mined were _normal_ sized, so he he owns all of 150 premined coins out of 850,000 now existing: http://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin?hi=20&count=20

One of the reasons I'm banging the drum for vertcoin is that people who can actually write code tend to be bad at marketing, as such, vertcoin which makes a change from all the premined scrypt clone shitcoins we see here is getting drowned out by the noise of noble, digibytes and other such dross.
Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 08:23:26 PM

Noblecoin does list the premine. Here is the public ledger: http://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/

Thanks for beating me to it..

fifivotch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:26:36 PM

thkx for this liste
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:28:33 PM

4) Vertcoin - Premine Unknown - the maker of this shit only specified that he mined 3 Blocks, 3 blocks totaling 300,000 of your shitcoin? Give us answers you whore. With a max of 840,000 coins, a low supply of coins seems to be the new wave, effective and easy to make a quick buck. Vert was inspired by skateboarder's terminology. One can only suspect that this coin was made during a 10th graders lunch break. Stop supporting this garbage.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I have nothing to do with vertcoin dev, but I've been banging the drum for it largely because it's _not_ premined and is actually different (is not a scrypt clone). The 3 blocks the dev mined were _normal_ sized, so he he owns all of 150 premined coins out of 850,000 now existing: http://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin?hi=20&count=20

One of the reasons I'm banging the drum for vertcoin is that people who can actually write code tend to be bad at marketing, as such, vertcoin which makes a change from all the premined scrypt clone shitcoins we see here is getting drowned out by the noise of noble, digibytes and other such dross.

It doesn't matter, a few tweaks in the algorithm does not make it noteworthy. Although, it did take some expertise to create this coin, it's still a shitcoin.

None the less, a pre-mine shitcoin with no new features or innovations.

Don't try to sugar coat bullshit.

Seriously, everything that's trying to be defended here is without merit. Everything has been done, we are in the times where you have to have to build your own coin's code from scratch (which takes money and effort), or else it's going to be a part of the trash.
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:29:30 PM

awesome list
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

He didn't forget he is probably on the dev team.  Seems to have missed your question too.

Anyone could make one of these lists.

It's easier to say this.....

STICK WITH BIG ALTS THAT HAVE BIG COMMUNITIES.

He does not even get his facts straight for a start.

QQcoin had no premine - hence why the dev abandoned it because he didn't even get his instamine he wanted. What is the point of these lists if there is zero research done.

I will agree with one thing only ALL of these new clones will probably be used only to dump to accumulate older more established alts.

DOGE will not die it is too big now. Anything after this must either have huge community behind it or some innovation.

tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:34:30 PM

He didn't forget he is probably on the dev team.  Seems to have missed your question too.

QQcoin had no premine - hence why the dev abandoned it because he didn't even get his instamine he wanted. What is the point of these lists if there is zero research done.

I will agree with one thing only ALL of these new clones will probably be used only to dump to accumulate older more established alts.

Facts are stright, don't talk FUD because you are a support of shit. Yes anyone could have made this list, but that takes time to do.

Next edition FairQuick will be on it. I missed some in Edition 1 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416541.0 ), and yet they all appeared here.

you did not even get your facts straight.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:47:15 PM

Facts are stright, don't talk FUD because you are a support of shit. Yes anyone could have made this list, but that takes time to do.

Next edition FairQuick will be on it. I missed some in Edition 1 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416541.0 ), and yet they all appeared here.

you did not even get his facts straight.

I am pointing out that QQcoin had ZERO premine. It has ZERO instamine. It is one of the if not the fastest coin out there.  Is it a clone and not needed? Perhaps since we have TIX APPLE, YAC, ETC. However let's stick to the facts about coins.  Sure if you wish to group this with coins not needed then fine. But it does not have a premine or instamine by the dev.  

Nothing is really needed except BTC, LTC, NMC, PPC, XPM, DTC, QRK,  - anything with new innovation is good NXT is cool but of course the distribution will always be questioned. I still think they can redeem this if they distribute that last 9M to everyone on the board registered before today equally.

What is the point of the same coin with 100's of different names just distributed slightly different through mining??  they are all the same but just have a different name??? why?

El Dude

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:51:32 PM

and dogecoin and monacoin

dogecoin is a joke coin that copied Litecoin and monacoin is some pump and dump crap I never heard of .

kkruljac

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:54:37 PM

Marinecoin 97,2% premined. Developer claims that it have new radical concept of using alt coins.
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:55:06 PM

So mine at Klondike  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:57:11 PM

A little premine is ok, no? Smiley
El Dude

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:58:38 PM

dogecoin is a joke coin that copied Litecoin and monacoin is some pump and dump crap I never heard of .

dogecoin really started as a joke, now its being take seriously, it didnt asked for that, the people wanted to believe and made happen, monacoin is not pump and dump and has a dedicated community at 2ch.

dogecoin is still a joke and it's gonna stop being funny when people start losing money.

miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:03:46 PM

Marinecoin 97,2% premined. Developer claims that it have new radical concept of using alt coins.
Ja, I just saw this coin. Funny one~~ 97.2% is premined and each marinecoin is sold at ~1$ with the amount of ~9billion!
http://marinecoin.wix.com/marinecoin#!market/c139r
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:05:59 PM

Ja, I just saw this coin. Funny one~~ 97.2% premined and each marinecoin sold at ~1$

The mother of all crapcoins.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
coinerjoe

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

It doesnt matter how many shitcoins there are out there.  Many of those shitcoins will rise exponentially before thier inevitable crash so hold on to a bunch of em and enjoy the ride  Cool  --Just my 2 shitcents
El Dude

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:13:53 PM

It doesnt matter how many shitcoins there are out there.  Many of those shitcoins will rise exponentially before thier inevitable crash so hold on to a bunch of em and enjoy the ride  Cool  --Just my 2 shitcents

good luck , trying to sell before they crash.

suchnoob

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:16:38 PM

Biggest shittalker on this website: tk808

Btw,

USDE max supply
1.6 Billion (1,600,000,000)

Motherfuckers premined over 10 times their coins!  
Now that's what I call dedication. Cheesy
cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:19:42 PM

great work, thx for this +1000
Ardolafat

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:24:46 PM

Ja, I just saw this coin. Funny one~~ 97.2% premined and each marinecoin sold at ~1$

The mother of all crapcoins.
Solarcoin is 99% premined  Grin
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:25:20 PM

Biggest shittalker on this website: tk808

Btw,

USDE max supply
1.6 Billion (1,600,000,000)

Motherfuckers premined over 10 times their coins!  
Now that's what I call dedication. Cheesy

For all i'm concerned, it woulden't matter if it was billions, trillions or N-1. It's on the same magnitude, 24,000,000 Pre-mined out of a billion 6
dr_yan_yan

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:39:27 PM

10 ) QQCoin - Again, dev does not list pre-mining. Do people on these forums just stop caring about pre-mine? Are we that so oblivious to a shitcoin these days? Baffles me. A World of Warcraft's players dream coin. Quick Quick Coin sounds like a coin that was created in the early 1800s, during the period of America's wild-wild-west. QQ?

Could you please expand on the Premine claim. From what I can see, the launch time and the time of first blocks is the same. So where does the premine come into it?
And then your only comments of whether it is a decent coin or not is a reference to the wild west...
No talk about features, technical details, community or anything like that... just some obscure reference to what it sounds like...

Your ability to analyze and critique a coin is astounding...

OH but wait... after speaking some random shit about other coins... here is a promotion for a coin I obviously have a stake in...
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:40:19 PM

No thats what the Dev wants you to think. The moment they see the sells being put up they just undercut everyone and sell large amounts. All the coins you plan on holding will be worthless and no one will want to buy them. THIS IS WHY WE KEEP TELLING YOU NOOBS TO WATCH OUT FOR THESE PREMINED SCAM COINS!! FFS!! Listen! You think we haven't seen this over and over and over again. Its probably the same guy putting out all of these coins.

Why do we want to help you? For the betterment of the community. Some people actually are positive thinking individuals.

tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:41:26 PM

Could you please expand on the Premine claim. From what I can see, the launch time and the time of first blocks is the same. So where does the premine come into it?
And then your only comments of whether it is a decent coin or not is a reference to the wild west...
No talk about features, technical details, community or anything like that... just some obscure reference to what it sounds like...

OH but wait... after speaking some random shit about other coins... here is a promotion for a coin I obviously have a stake in...

They did not post any information. I did not make any assumptions about QQ being pre-mined. I put a general statement out there for everyone.

And yes, i'm mocking the name.

Listen, this is just a perspective of what i think. Obviously people are going to have different opinions.

People are forgetting 1 major fact, that digital currency is suppose to be a monetary system for everyone. Not just for a few who will pump and dump and move onto the next shitcoin.
dr_yan_yan

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:51:10 PM

People are forgetting 1 major fact, that digital currency is suppose to be a monetary system for everyone. Not just for a few who will pump and dump and move onto the next shitcoin.

Altcoins stopped being seen as a monetary system a long time ago. Altcoins are fringe investments, they are there intended to boost general interest and to encourage new people to have a try of the whole CRYPTOCOIN scene.
With everyone saying BTC is not worth mining anymore for the average Joe... that is why Altcoins are needed to keep new blood coming to the scene.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:01:21 PM

I can do that, its easy, all you have to do is read the launch post and a few pages into it. I was actually on the instamine of this coin. I Jumped off becuase the difficulty was not adjusting properly. You can see all of this in the post I refer to. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389238.0

So, QQ coin was instamined to hell. Yes I was there and had nothing but orphans. Usually that works out quite well for me but not in this case. Nothing but orhpans. I dont know what happend to the coin after that. But after seeing this.

"blocks" : 7233,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00617349,

on the SECOND page I decided to quit.

The first 10,000 blocks are 100-1000 QQC high reward blocks. All of those blocks were instamined. I dont know how long the instamine went on for but it must have been a long time. No wonder "new devs" took this coin over.

FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:14:05 PM

dogecoin really started as a joke, now its being take seriously, it didnt asked for that, the people wanted to believe and made happen, monacoin is not pump and dump and has a dedicated community at 2ch.

dogecoin is still a joke and it's gonna stop being funny when people start losing money.

you are the joke

dogecoin is just an ltc clone, that had a whole bunch of memes and lolspeak created to promote it. why should a bunch of memes and loltalk be taken seriously?

miKnutty

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:23:18 PM

3) NobleCoin - Devs are not listing how much they are pre-mining anymore, i looked and couldn't find an answer. With it's long and dreadful mission/objective, Noblecoin actually took time to put together. None the less, there is nothing new but the greed of this person. Starting to wonder if all these coins are made by 3-4 people.

When I saw this all credibility went out the window.
Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 10:28:39 PM

Seriously, everything that's trying to be defended here is without merit. Everything has been done, we are in the times where you have to have to build your own coin's code from scratch (which takes money and effort), or else it's going to be a part of the trash.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you here. You don't need to be a technical genius like Satoshi to create something in this market (though I do wish I were an enigmatic, probably attractive 'super-coder' genius quite often). Yes, we've used open-source code to build something of our own. The 'mainstream' users and newcomers to the scene don't care so much about how the code works or the advanced technical features one coin may have over another (at least for now - I admit). Our focus is on community, the movement, openness, and trying to stand out in other ways. In regards to the pre-mine, attack us and distrust us that is fine and more than understandable considering the current track record. We're only asking that the longer we're here, working hard and the public addresses remain untouched the more seriously we are considered in the weeks and months to come. Cheers bud.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:35:46 PM

people seem to miss what is one thing that keeps people into mining? MONEY. Without these so called shit coins to make a few bucks the community WOULD DIE. Why the fuck would I mine everyday with say... 6 mh only for a fucken 15 dollar return? Waste of time and money then. you burn half that in power then the cost of the hardware... yea. You never get or keep people.

To get cryptos mainstream you need people to like/understand it. One of the top ways to do that is to tease em a bit with some opp to make money.

Imagine what would happen if there was only 3 or 4 coins? Yeah just like BTC, no one be able to mine it .

Get a grip with the real world. Most people dont know what cryptos are let alone what mining is. Bottom line is without these "shitcoins" you gonna stay a small community. I give doge props for getting some hype and new blood into cryptos, I dont care too much for the coins for the way it was presented, but on the other hand it was good to get the newbs involved and after all, that is what we need.

/rant done

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:37:01 PM

I would have to respectfully disagree with you here. You don't need to be a technical genius like Satoshi to create something in this market (though I do wish I were an enigmatic, probably attractive 'super-coder' genius quite often). Yes, we've used open-source code to build something of our own. The 'mainstream' users and newcomers to the scene don't care so much about how the code works or the advanced technical features one coin may have over another (at least for now - I admit). Our focus is on community, the movement, openness, and trying to stand out in other ways. In regards to the pre-mine, attack us and distrust us that is fine and more than understandable considering the current track record. We're only asking that the longer we're here, working hard and the public addresses remain untouched the more seriously we are considered in the weeks and months to come. Cheers bud.

NobleCoin followers were unleashed.

Give me some proof: News outlets, Trade site, Market Cap, Acceptance among the masses, advancements in technology. Until then, you have absolutely no room to speak and will be classified like every other shitcoin.

Anyone can put together a long article with nice graphics. Kinda like earthcoin that seems to be losing support by the minute.

The real question is how long and how much effort the devs will put into their coin. Talk is cheap, show us proof. Until then, Noblecoin has no respect.
ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:40:53 PM

^^^ That is the dev putting in work. That guy has been on this coin 18 hours a day since launch. I can honestly say the guy is beyond a hard working and puts in more effort than I have ever seen.
miKnutty

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:45:38 PM

NobleCoin followers were unleashed.

Give me some proof: News outlets, Trade site, Market Cap, Acceptance among the masses, advancements in technology. Until then, you have absolutely no room to speak and will be classified like every other shitcoin.

Anyone can put together a long article with nice graphics. Kinda like earthcoin that seems to be losing support by the minute.

The real question is how long and how much effort the devs will put into their coin. Talk is cheap, show us proof. Until then, Noblecoin has no respect.

I forgot Rome was built in 10 days. Give me a break man. The fact that Rofo took time to respond to your hearsay garbage speaks volumes.
Jiyome

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:48:40 PM

Exactly what I was about to say Mik.
The guy is asking for "News outlets, Trade site, Market Cap, Acceptance among the masses, advancements in technology", like it can be done in 10 days.
Congratulations for losing any credibility you had left.

Vertcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:49:47 PM

Dear tk808,

Let's me clarify what you said :

1. Premine Unknown -> you can take a look at here to see how many coins we are have done before launch date and time http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/VertCoin?count=10&hi=10. launch time is 2014-01-11 09:00:00.

2. With a max of 840,000 coins -> Have you ever look at technical details or just say something in your imagination ? here is the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.0. We have told you that there are 84 million vertcoins.

3. Vert was inspired by skateboarder's terminology -> I just know from you that Vert is skateboarder's terminology. I chosen this name because Vert means "Green". you will find out from here -> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vert

4. One can only suspect that this coin was made during a 10th graders lunch break. -> What wrong with a 10th graders ? Do they cannot write a good software ? I saw many elderly people who just has age without thought and still be mediocre people.

Conclusion, your summary for Vertcoin is totally lacked of supporting evident, and some people who read without finding the truth will follow what you say. anyway, I'm not here to argue with you about my coin is a shit coin or not. I just want to point out something that you are misleading people with lacking evident to support your assumption.

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:50:08 PM

^^^ That is the dev putting in work. That guy has been on this coin 18 hours a day since launch. I can honestly say the guy is beyond a hard working and puts in more effort than I have ever seen.

I don't even think Rofo sleeps anymore...

He's always available for contact
Gcr0n

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:51:18 PM

usde is a very nice coin, in a very nice community.
i don't get your comment that your assuming the people probably in their late 30's, late 20's.. that's about 75% on here ..

most of all the devs are very nice, dedicated and not just doing 500coin giveaways..

users often random get an amount of coins to start with, if you get 2000 users receiving 500 coins each thats 1mill coins..

people get rewarded for their effort trough contests and such, we all get involved wich will make it a great coin and not just another alt-coin.

i will agree with you on ethereum, but we're talking about alt-coins here.

btc: 1MDQVRQLZe1Y6Vqa5krreHVkFj6fz8sXGd
xapo: 3NpqxQgQXe3HDW6BZNXn3XDvhWh7r3eyi2
LTC: LWs7EK5A8oQBMiGagJsgwgAA5o3ecWkTmY
Doge: D72wxwxjHJun6CiyibcvfZNV2HN7TFpCF3
talvivaara

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:30:41 PM

dogecoin is just an ltc clone, that had a whole bunch of memes and lolspeak created to promote it. why should a bunch of memes and loltalk be taken seriously?

LTC does not have random block rewards.

Excuse me, spare a coin for a cyber bum? - BTC: 1KiiToSx5G1ySGrSohvYtTxw5DUjbF7XYc - GET 10% OFF YOUR TRADING FEES FOR A YEAR @ Vircurex (referral link)
procrypto

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:53:47 PM

Maintaining 25 - 35 GH/s net hashrate says it could be taken seriously.

Maintaining a price of ~45-50 satoshis says it could be taken seriously.

A host of services and fun things to do with your Dogecoin says it could be taken seriously.

The massive community it built organically (albeit bootstrapped from the meme) says it could be taken seriously.

DOGE is the dark horse (or dark doge?) of cryptocurrencies. Ignore it at your peril.. and this comes from someone who doesn't have a single Dogecoin to his name right now.
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:21:36 AM

Maintaining 25 - 35 GH/s net hashrate says it could be taken seriously.

Maintaining a price of ~45-50 satoshis says it could be taken seriously.

A host of services and fun things to do with your Dogecoin says it could be taken seriously.

The massive community it built organically (albeit bootstrapped from the meme) says it could be taken seriously.

DOGE is the dark horse (or dark doge?) of cryptocurrencies. Ignore it at your peril.. and this comes from someone who doesn't have a single Dogecoin to his name right now.

dogecoin = scam, keep trying to explain why but the pumpers keep pumping it. Please please stop
procrypto

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:09:58 PM

dogecoin = scam, keep trying to explain why but the pumpers keep pumping it. Please please stop

Wonder why you think that?

Oh wait..

hopefully QRK will climb back up. I still think it should be 0.50 cents or more

That's why.   Grin
adir77

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

I think this thread is just to thread's author could promote what he wants to dig or which has a lot of coins. The rest of the coins is compared to the shit and discourage people, just paid attention to the author and promoted coins by his.

Of course anyone can create threads and speak what he thinks of each coin...

Best Regards
cashclash

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:33:09 AM

I probably agree on a few coins you listed not being a worthy investment but i fail to see where you pull your evidence to dishonor Vertcoin.
Please back it up with some facts!
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:42:16 AM

I probably agree on a few coins you listed not being a worthy investment but i fail to see where you pull your evidence to dishonor Vertcoin.
Please back it up with some facts!

Vert is fine, just old words of mine.

Vert is not a shitcoin
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:11:52 AM

Doge is not a shit coin because you can mine it, it has a community, and you can make money.

If you can't mine it, it has a dead community or dying community, and you can't make any money, then it is a shit coin.

nothing will rival bitcoin, and frankly I don't understand why litecoin has such a high valuation.

The ONLY thing that matters in 2014 and beyond is community and usage NOT technology.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:06:51 PM

so what is a good NEW coin?
atta2k15

Activity: 315

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:43:59 PM

I disagree with Troptions,

if you look at the block explorer,
http://69.90.132.237/explorer/block_crawler.php/

and fill in block 0, you see 5 nov.
Ok that before the announcement date.

But if you fill in block 10, you will see:

Block Height: 10
Block Time: November 7, 2013, 17:54:45
Block Version

Release date announcement:
[ANN] Troptions SHA256 Just Launched
November 07, 2013, 03:54:55 AM

so premined < 10 blocks.... OMG!  Cool Cool Cool

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=326652.0

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

Wonder why you think that?

Oh wait..

hopefully QRK will climb back up. I still think it should be 0.50 cents or more

That's why.   Grin

+ 1

amazing hates free loving, huge community DOGE, loves scammy QRK, go figure

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
HectorVT

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:12:29 PM

I am the developer of marinecoin, it is different concept based on  initial mutual trust during inception and advanced mathematical formulas that I don't even totally understand but the mathematicians are contracted to work for us.  we like to call it pre-allocation, do you really think as the World's first and one only digital nation that there will ever be, I will dump the pre-allocated coins to destroy the system and betray its adapters who got involved in it,a system that I have worked so hard to create, no one even comes close to us in anyway sooner or later someone will notice and then it will be too late for everyone who has ignored it.

www.marinecoin.org
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:14:47 PM

Ethereum is backed by Goldman Sachs you better add this to your shitcoin collection.

To everyone, this post was posted on January 16th.

I've erased vert coin, i have a different opinion on it now. Ethereum is a bullshit IPO coin, but it's still good as far as tech goes.
ubi4doges

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:26:11 PM

I've erased vert coin, i have a different opinion on it now. Ethereum is a bullshit IPO coin, but it's still good as far as tech goes.

In your opinion, whats wrong with vertcoin? Their concept seemed interesting

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:34:22 PM

In your opinion, whats wrong with vertcoin? Their concept seemed interesting

yes it was, after extensively reading the technical aspects i should have never labeled it as a shitcoin. This is an old thread, all the other coins still are shit though
atta2k15

Activity: 315

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:36:47 PM

your r a fuck.
be clear!  Cool Huh
J.B.O

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:44:27 PM

I am the developer of marinecoin, it is different concept based on  initial mutual trust during inception and advanced mathematical formulas that I don't even totally understand but the mathematicians are contracted to work for us.  we like to call it pre-allocation, do you really think as the World's first and one only digital nation that there will ever be, I will dump the pre-allocated coins to destroy the system and betray its adapters who got involved in it,a system that I have worked so hard to create, no one even comes close to us in anyway sooner or later someone will notice and then it will be too late for everyone who has ignored it.

www.marinecoin.org

TK808, if you make another list, please, keep a good place for this shit Grin

ΠΞM - New Economy Movement - www.ournem.com
CAPTcoin: The crypto-currency for everyone
coinerjoe

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:20:02 PM

There seems to be very few positive people in this community.  half the threads in here are about someone trying to expose someone else or some other shitcoin.  I dont plan on holding large amounts of any of these crap coins.  i like to mine which ever ones are profitable atm and sell for btc.  occasionally i will hold a small speculative amount for price hikes but i dont wanna stick around in these alt coins as it is abundantly obvious that the majority of them were created to make someone quick cash.   I would love to believe there were more positive individuals in this community but one quick glance through the threads and you can see the thief, scamcoin, pump and dump, insider trading accusations everywhere with quite a bit of evidence to back up alot of those claims.  Im not a exactly noob either i just never bothered joining here until recently.  Ive been trading and mining on a small scale for long enough to realize the scams that go on here such as the premine scams that you alluded to and others such as the pump and dumps that the exchange owners like to brag about participating in.  Lol i wouldnt doubt that the same person / group is putting out alot of those new coins.  Hell even if one of them has any type of success they make off like a bandit.  Lol, come to think of it,  anyone up for pumping out 15 shitcoins a day and hoping that one sticks?  Grin

It doesnt matter how many shitcoins there are out there.  Many of those shitcoins will rise exponentially before thier inevitable crash so hold on to a bunch of em and enjoy the ride  Cool  --Just my 2 shitcents

No thats what the Dev wants you to think. The moment they see the sells being put up they just undercut everyone and sell large amounts. All the coins you plan on holding will be worthless and no one will want to buy them. THIS IS WHY WE KEEP TELLING YOU NOOBS TO WATCH OUT FOR THESE PREMINED SCAM COINS!! FFS!! Listen! You think we haven't seen this over and over and over again. Its probably the same guy putting out all of these coins.

Why do we want to help you? For the betterment of the community. Some people actually are positive thinking individuals.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: