Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's list of Shit and Scam Coins ---January 16th -- Ed. 2--  (Read 8320 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:35:16 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 07:43:43 AM by tk808

Welcome to the Second edition of Shit and Scam coins of the day

Brought to you by: Common sense

1) Troptions - I coulden't stop thinking about Lotion when i saw this giveaway thread. Released on November 05, Trop is being summoned from its death to make one last round on bitcointalk. With a logo made in MS paint and a premine that was not specified, i wouldn't be surprised if this dev had 99% of all Troptions that will ever exist.

2) SocialCoin - I really laughed at this. Check out its logo, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418607.0. The logo and the name have nothing to do with each other. Our Socialcoin developer is trying to appeal to your sub-conscious about helping people and doing better for human-kind. The only good this coin will ever do, is line the pockets of it's devs with some dollars. Do not support this monstrosity, if you want to help charities and homeless, i wouldn't be doing it on these forums.

3) NobleCoin - Devs are not listing how much they are pre-mining anymore, i looked and couldn't find an answer. With it's long and dreadful mission/objective, Noblecoin actually took time to put together. None the less, there is nothing new but the greed of this person. Starting to wonder if all these coins are made by 3-4 people.

5) Malecoin - and i quote "Malecoin - coins for real men. STRONG, FAST, SERIOUS" ... if it's only for men, then how are you going to lose your virginity if women stereotyped as money diggers? Think about it.

6) USDE - Premine 1.5% of 1.6 Billion. Lets do the math. That's 24,000,000 (24 Million) PREMINED COINS! and they are only doing giveaways with 100-500USDES? What the fuck?? what a bunch of greedy fucking cunts. Holy fuck man, i can't believe you would support this trash. Now, USDE is one of the more creative and higher end shit coins (on par with digibyte). But that's where my heart ends with this absolute trash. With meme's on top of meme's, this coin is trying to go viral, but at the same time it's trying to duplicate the dollar (subconsciously in your mind). After all that marketing confusion, it's trying to appear as a new world currency. Make up your fucking mind! The devs are a bunch of hacks and whores, probably in their 30s or late 20s.. trying to make a dollar off of people's souls because they don't know any other way to make real cash.  USDE is one of those coins that will take off, as much as i hate to say it.
In the end, their name is all it has going for them.

7) Hotcoin - Premine 2-3%, born in the heart of china, this coin try to make it's debut on the english forums. But with the lack of support and a few pop-up giveaways, it would be an absolute waste to even make a wallet. Your computer begs you not to download their shit software.

8 ) Powercoin "Backed by Power" - WHO IS COMING UP WITH THIS SHIT? Thank the lord people are not supporting this, because my 8 year old cousin could make a better fucking coin on the generator.

9) Platium/Gold/Silver Bars - All created by 1 man. Now, i do see digital currencies backed by raw commodities. But the absolute greed of this 1 man making 3 coins is absurd. Hoping that 1 of the three will take off, i suspect a painful, slow death for all 3. But none the less, keep your eye on them. With the madness on these forums, these could be worth something, someday.

10 ) QQCoin - Again, dev does not list pre-mining. Do people on these forums just stop caring about pre-mine? Are we that so oblivious to a shitcoin these days? Baffles me. A World of Warcraft's players dream coin. Quick Quick Coin sounds like a coin that was created in the early 1800s, during the period of America's wild-wild-west. QQ?

What to keep your eye on (Lots of potential) -

Ethereum

Not an IPO scam or another shitcoin. In fact, they are not even having an IPO yet.  Marketed as a 2nd generation coin. With the source code and whitepaper release, Eth has serious serious potential. Very professional design, and with a in-genius 19-year old (From Russia i think) behind this coin; this will surely rival the giants of digital currencies. See below for detailed information.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. Currently i'm just getting caught up, some of these coins may be a few months old. But stay tuned and stay informed about the latest in Shit and Scam Coins.

Have a great day

Edition 1 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416541.0

BTC Donations - 1LqmeyPFybPZo2RN56KFgFSwsoeLwnXHyH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:38:53 PM

every coin here is shit , the only real coins are bitcoin and litecoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:41:01 PM

Noblecoin does list the premine. Here is the public ledger: http://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/

Pitstop

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:44:21 PM

Luv it!! Keep up the great work!

matthona

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:03:33 PM

have you considered posting your top 10 or so of good coins? or maybe a list of top things to look for in a coin... might be more helpful to the noobs than listing what will surely be a very very long list of crap coins to avoid

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Chamrox

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:05:13 PM

Do you think Ethereum is a scam coin or not? Why even put it in the same breath as these other guys?

Personally, I think the jury is still out on Ethereum. It could be more of the same but with more smoke and mirrors.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:06:30 PM

how could you forget about fairquark?
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:07:32 PM

Do you think Ethereum is a scam coin or not? Why even put it in the same breath as these other guys?

Personally, I think the jury is still out on Ethereum. It could be more of the same but with more smoke and mirrors.

It's not a scam from what i've read. I put it "what to watch out for" i will clarify it's category.

Eth could be a major success, time will tell
coiner92

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:13:14 PM

People should stop making coins. There are some coins out there that have real potential but the shitty coins are sucking up the markets due to the numerous pump and dump waste. There is btc, ltc, net, wdc, eac, etc. Maybe only 10% have potential.

Even shitcoin is being mined. What stores are gonna really accept a coin called shitcoin for payments.

tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:14:52 PM

People should stop making coins. There are some coins out there that have real potential but the shitty coins are sucking up the markets due to the numerous pump and dump waste. There is btc, ltc, net, wdc, eac, etc. Maybe only 10% have potential.

Even shitcoin is being mined. What stores are gonna really accept a coin called shitcoin for payments.

Agreed, but new members on these forums must be highly confused. Just trying to inform and educate those who have no idea what to buy or mine.
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:19:57 PM

4) Vertcoin - Premine Unknown - the maker of this shit only specified that he mined 3 Blocks, 3 blocks totaling 300,000 of your shitcoin? Give us answers you whore. With a max of 840,000 coins, a low supply of coins seems to be the new wave, effective and easy to make a quick buck. Vert was inspired by skateboarder's terminology. One can only suspect that this coin was made during a 10th graders lunch break. Stop supporting this garbage.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I have nothing to do with vertcoin dev, but I've been banging the drum for it largely because it's _not_ premined and is actually different (is not a scrypt clone). The 3 blocks the dev mined were _normal_ sized, so he he owns all of 150 premined coins out of 850,000 now existing: http://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin?hi=20&count=20

One of the reasons I'm banging the drum for vertcoin is that people who can actually write code tend to be bad at marketing, as such, vertcoin which makes a change from all the premined scrypt clone shitcoins we see here is getting drowned out by the noise of noble, digibytes and other such dross.
Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 08:23:26 PM

Noblecoin does list the premine. Here is the public ledger: http://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/

Thanks for beating me to it..

fifivotch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:26:36 PM

thkx for this liste
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:28:33 PM

4) Vertcoin - Premine Unknown - the maker of this shit only specified that he mined 3 Blocks, 3 blocks totaling 300,000 of your shitcoin? Give us answers you whore. With a max of 840,000 coins, a low supply of coins seems to be the new wave, effective and easy to make a quick buck. Vert was inspired by skateboarder's terminology. One can only suspect that this coin was made during a 10th graders lunch break. Stop supporting this garbage.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I have nothing to do with vertcoin dev, but I've been banging the drum for it largely because it's _not_ premined and is actually different (is not a scrypt clone). The 3 blocks the dev mined were _normal_ sized, so he he owns all of 150 premined coins out of 850,000 now existing: http://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin?hi=20&count=20

One of the reasons I'm banging the drum for vertcoin is that people who can actually write code tend to be bad at marketing, as such, vertcoin which makes a change from all the premined scrypt clone shitcoins we see here is getting drowned out by the noise of noble, digibytes and other such dross.

It doesn't matter, a few tweaks in the algorithm does not make it noteworthy. Although, it did take some expertise to create this coin, it's still a shitcoin.

None the less, a pre-mine shitcoin with no new features or innovations.

Don't try to sugar coat bullshit.

Seriously, everything that's trying to be defended here is without merit. Everything has been done, we are in the times where you have to have to build your own coin's code from scratch (which takes money and effort), or else it's going to be a part of the trash.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:29:30 PM

awesome list
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

He didn't forget he is probably on the dev team.  Seems to have missed your question too.

Anyone could make one of these lists.

It's easier to say this.....

STICK WITH BIG ALTS THAT HAVE BIG COMMUNITIES.

He does not even get his facts straight for a start.

QQcoin had no premine - hence why the dev abandoned it because he didn't even get his instamine he wanted. What is the point of these lists if there is zero research done.

I will agree with one thing only ALL of these new clones will probably be used only to dump to accumulate older more established alts.

DOGE will not die it is too big now. Anything after this must either have huge community behind it or some innovation.

tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:34:30 PM

He didn't forget he is probably on the dev team.  Seems to have missed your question too.

QQcoin had no premine - hence why the dev abandoned it because he didn't even get his instamine he wanted. What is the point of these lists if there is zero research done.

I will agree with one thing only ALL of these new clones will probably be used only to dump to accumulate older more established alts.

Facts are stright, don't talk FUD because you are a support of shit. Yes anyone could have made this list, but that takes time to do.

Next edition FairQuick will be on it. I missed some in Edition 1 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416541.0 ), and yet they all appeared here.

you did not even get your facts straight.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:47:15 PM

Facts are stright, don't talk FUD because you are a support of shit. Yes anyone could have made this list, but that takes time to do.

Next edition FairQuick will be on it. I missed some in Edition 1 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416541.0 ), and yet they all appeared here.

you did not even get his facts straight.

I am pointing out that QQcoin had ZERO premine. It has ZERO instamine. It is one of the if not the fastest coin out there.  Is it a clone and not needed? Perhaps since we have TIX APPLE, YAC, ETC. However let's stick to the facts about coins.  Sure if you wish to group this with coins not needed then fine. But it does not have a premine or instamine by the dev.  

Nothing is really needed except BTC, LTC, NMC, PPC, XPM, DTC, QRK,  - anything with new innovation is good NXT is cool but of course the distribution will always be questioned. I still think they can redeem this if they distribute that last 9M to everyone on the board registered before today equally.

What is the point of the same coin with 100's of different names just distributed slightly different through mining??  they are all the same but just have a different name??? why?

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:51:32 PM

every coin here is shit , the only real coins are bitcoin and litecoin.

and dogecoin and monacoin

dogecoin is a joke coin that copied Litecoin and monacoin is some pump and dump crap I never heard of .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
kkruljac

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:54:37 PM

Marinecoin 97,2% premined. Developer claims that it have new radical concept of using alt coins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: