Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:44:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Levelcoin - Proof of Stake / Proof of Burn Hybrid - Inflation Immune  (Read 44768 times)
vtbean79

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:58:00 PM

I think I read somewhere that NXT actually showed working codes before IPO.  If that's true, it's not fair to compare LevelCoin to NXT since LevelCoin hasn't showed anything...  yet.  I'm going to wait for KickStarter.  Risk is too high without any proof from the dev. 
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:31:14 PM

I'm 100% sure this is a scam. It's a nice concept but greed drives the passion in most of the people coming out with second generation coins. Therefore I'm organizing a community developed coin based on this concept. Pm me with your area of expertise if you are interested in making this into reality.
LeoC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:34:54 PM

This thread sure is getting a lot of "This is a scam and I have no proof to prove it, also check out MY coin!"
I feel sorry for David to have to deal with the nonsense on this forum, perhaps he wasn't aware at the time of posting of the amount of self entitled, couch detective assholes that lurk these forums.
Would not surprise me in the least bit if he postponed the entire thing altogether.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:37:27 PM

I'm 100% sure this is a scam. It's a nice concept but greed drives the passion in most of the people coming out with second generation coins. Therefore I'm organizing a community developed coin based on this concept. Pm me with your area of expertise if you are interested in making this into reality.

The owner of the coin has received scam accusations and bad trust feedback I would say that this coin is a scam.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:46:49 PM

I think I read somewhere that NXT actually showed working codes before IPO.  If that's true, it's not fair to compare LevelCoin to NXT since LevelCoin hasn't showed anything...  yet.  I'm going to wait for KickStarter.  Risk is too high without any proof from the dev.  

NXT had working downloadable P2P client before fundraising was over.

If LevelCoin would post his binaries, I'm sure it would greatly boost the investors confidence and expand the fundraiser base quickly.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:02:31 PM

I think I read somewhere that NXT actually showed working codes before IPO.  If that's true, it's not fair to compare LevelCoin to NXT since LevelCoin hasn't showed anything...  yet.  I'm going to wait for KickStarter.  Risk is too high without any proof from the dev.  

NXT had working downloadable P2P client before fundraising was over.

If LevelCoin would post his binaries, I'm sure it would greatly boost the investors confidence and expand the fundraiser base quickly.

There's good reason to be skeptical.  There has not been many new implementations of crypto-currencies other than bitcoin clones (i.e. modified proof of work schemes)

Completely new implentations are very few:

(1) Ripple
(2) eMunie - 6+ months in development
(3) XCP
(4) Nxt

and a couple that just started development
(4) Ethereum -
(5) SkyCoin
(6) NEX

Anyone know of others?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:57:30 PM

This thread sure is getting a lot of "This is a scam and I have no proof to prove it, also check out MY coin!"
I feel sorry for David to have to deal with the nonsense on this forum, perhaps he wasn't aware at the time of posting of the amount of self entitled, couch detective assholes that lurk these forums.
Would not surprise me in the least bit if he postponed the entire thing altogether.

I can see where your ego is coming from, you invested 1Btc as an early victim. We shall see at the end if your David delivers.
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:02:53 PM

LeoC, Levelcoin hasnt returned the guy who invested 2 BTC yet.

https://blockchain.info/address/154Xbtm1xiL6Z1hTSoQgrdaNxEUU8Jtk7B.

Why did you assume he did?

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:51:47 AM

LeoC, Levelcoin hasnt returned the guy who invested 2 BTC yet.

https://blockchain.info/address/154Xbtm1xiL6Z1hTSoQgrdaNxEUU8Jtk7B.

Why did you assume he did?

While it looks like this, he might have just used another address...
Level Coin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:52:59 AM

All founder funds were moved into their own separate wallets.
This was to combat a long string of transactions that had failed to confirm.
The user who invested 2 BTC has received a refund of 1 BTC from his personal wallet and I am sure he can vouch.
On release, founders will be receiving a link to their personalized wallet via e-mail.
There will be a period of two weeks in which direct founders will get access to the main net before anyone else.
This is to reward early investors for taking the risk. The Kickstarter page has been completed and submitted for their review.
I have had little time to code these past few days between this project and real life work and family.
I still need help with a GUI, it is likely that I will need to release with the current command line client, but it works just as good.
There are four days left to buy in for anyone that wants to participate in the two week closed "beta", which is what I will be calling it.
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:25:21 AM

The user who invested 2 BTC has received a refund of 1 BTC from his personal wallet and I am sure he can vouch.
On release, founders will be receiving a link to their personalized wallet via e-mail.
There will be a period of two weeks in which direct founders will get access to the main net before anyone else.
This is to reward early investors for taking the risk. The Kickstarter page has been completed and submitted for their review.
I have had little time to code these past few days between this project and real life work and family.
I still need help with a GUI, it is likely that I will need to release with the current command line client, but it works just as good.
There are four days left to buy in for anyone that wants to participate in the two week closed "beta", which is what I will be calling it.

I'd like to invest, but I don't understand why you have ignored the requests to verify by posting to your Facebook page and mirroring here, as suggested by SyRenity, or at least explain why you don't want to do it instead of just ignoring the request.
techguy

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:59:23 AM

Good to hear about the 2 week beta.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:45:14 AM

Good to hear about the 2 week beta.

+1 looking for it!
LeoC

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:19:39 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 09:35:44 AM by LeoC

Can't wait! If this is going to launch anything even remotely close like Next, then we will all be crazy RICH!
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:31:32 AM

I'm confused, why are you moving bitcoins to personalized wallets? I thought these bitcoins were being used for development purposes? Shouldn't you be providing them a link to their levelcoin wallet?

Also:

I'd like to invest, but I don't understand why you have ignored the requests to verify by posting to your Facebook page and mirroring here, as suggested by SyRenity, or at least explain why you don't want to do it instead of just ignoring the request.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:38:16 AM

I'm confused, why are you moving bitcoins to personalized wallets? I thought these bitcoins were being used for development purposes? Shouldn't you be providing them a link to their levelcoin wallet?

They are being used for development. The reason they are being separated is threefold. First there have been many unconfirmed transactions leading to wasted time trying to resolve who sent what where and if it cleared. Second, a couple of founders asked me to hold their funds in case they decided to pull out from the fundraiser, in which case I can just give them the wallet. Third, a few founders add to their funds daily, by splitting the wallets everyone is safer from human error (adding funds to the wrong person, etc). My math isn't the best. I'm not as young as I used to be, security is of utmost importance, especially when handling money.
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

They are being used for development. The reason they are being separated is threefold. First there have been many unconfirmed transactions leading to wasted time trying to resolve who sent what where and if it cleared. Second, a couple of founders asked me to hold their funds in case they decided to pull out from the fundraiser, in which case I can just give them the wallet. Third, a few founders add to their funds daily, by splitting the wallets everyone is safer from human error (adding funds to the wrong person, etc). My math isn't the best. I'm not as young as I used to be, security is of utmost importance, especially when handling money.

Not sure if I buy this... a spreadsheet could accomplish the same thing (does all the math for you), but whatever floats your boat.

Again:

NXT: 13095091276527367030
LeoC

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:07:44 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 11:19:35 AM by LeoC

Wrong Dave Elsinger!

I received this response from David Elsinger at EFSA when I emailed him about this offering. Level Coin, would you please settle the ID issue by doing the Facebook post.

It's not me!

David

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 22, 2014, at 1:59 AM, "mail" <****@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
> Your name, LinkedIn profile, and Facebook profile have been mentioned in a very interesting project
> posted on the Bitcointalk forum, Level Coin by David Elsinger. I am very interested in investing in
> it, but wanted to first verify that the proposal is actually posted by you.
>
> The link to the project is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422309.0
>
> Thanks,

The way he responded is exactly the same. Think about it. He posted first on the forum then from his personal work e-mail.
This alone is confirmation that the Facebook, linkedin and EFSA is his. He has mentioned before he doesn't want to mix work and play.

He has security in mind. Having multiple wallets is far more secure than one wallet.
Should a wallet get lost it's better to lose less than 1 BTC than all 15 of them. Do you put all your money in one place?
People are running out of steam and grasping at straws. Pull the trigger and invest already, you've got 3 days.
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:12:36 PM

To whoever just sent 0.1 BTC, please PM me the transaction information and your e-mail.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:56:48 PM

Any news about the code?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: