Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Levelcoin - Proof of Stake / Proof of Burn Hybrid - Inflation Immune  (Read 44772 times)
Arturro333

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:43:36 AM

Sent 2 btc add me to investors please
Abyss_X

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:45:13 AM

Your organisation monitors the actions you are doing in your freetime, lets call it your hobby. Great story, my condolence for this.  Roll Eyes

OK just post some lines of code for us so we can see your project is running, there is no risk for you because nobody can copy your work just with some lines of the code.

LeoC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:46:59 AM

Your organisation monitors the actions you are doing in your freetime, lets call it your hobby. Great story, my condolence for this.  Roll Eyes

OK just post some lines of code for us so we can see your project is running, there is no risk for you because nobody can copy your work just with some lines of the code.

It's a church bro, they're nuts, no offense again lol. Can't stand religious types. They probably see this entire concept as a sin (greed) lol
Yeah put some code
Level Coin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:56:59 AM

It's a church bro, they're nuts, no offense again lol. Can't stand religious types. They probably see this entire concept as a sin (greed) lol
Yeah put some code

Not sure what you are looking for. Here is a small section of the burn client address creation code:

private void restoreFromBackup(string chosenFile)
{
    this
    .Key = Key.WaitKey;

// Create new burn address

if (!Address.Exists("C:\\Levelcoin\\Temp"))
    {
        Address.CreateAddress("C:\\Levelcoin\\Temp");
    }
    else
    {
        Array.ForEach(Address.GetFiles(@"C:\\Levelcoin\\Temp"), File.Delete);
    }

// Burn existing Level 1 coins

string pattern = @"(\.dat|\.cat|\.DAT|.CAT)$";
    var files = Address.GetFiles(@"C:\Levelcoin")
        .Where(x => Regex.IsMatch(x, pattern))
        .Select(x => x).ToList();

foreach (var item in files)
    {
        Console.WriteLine(item);
        string name = item.Substring(item.LastIndexOf("\\") + 1);
        File.Move(item, Path.Combine(@"C:\Levelcoin\Temp", name));
    }
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:58:56 AM

I find it hard to believe that a church could have any problem with you working on a cryptocurrency. That's like saying "we have a problem with you developing systems for visa or mastercard". Especially one that is potentially beneficial to the people.

Now you expect us to believe they are monitoring the thread, and if they see you acknowledge your identity they will have a fit for some ungodly reason (yes, I said it), yet you came out and told us this knowing that they are watching?

Instead of telling us your identity, and this last bit of info. Why not just prove the code exists instead of proving your identity?
One or the other would suffice.

This story just gets stranger and stranger.
On the one hand, if this is all a big scam, this latest move is a great tactic because we cant prove it one way or the other. On the other hand if it's true, then you've shot yourself in the foot.
It seems that forward thinking may not be your strong suit. This could all have been avoided on page 1.
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:01:59 AM

My position in the organization is far more important to me than this project.

Sooooo...   what your saying then..  Is that if said organisation which by your own admission is currently monitoring you  links you to this coin  you will stop the coding and dissociate yourself from the coin?

That does not give me a lot of faith.

Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:04:13 AM

Sooooo...   what your saying then..  Is that if said organisation which by your own admission is currently monitoring   links you to this coin  you will stop the coding and dissociate yourself from the coin?

Such is life.
LeoC

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:12:01 AM

Yeah put some code

Not sure what you are looking for. Here is a small section of the burn client address creation code:

{
    this
    .Key = Key.WaitKey;

{
    }
    else
    {
    }

{
        Console.WriteLine(item);
    }
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:12:59 AM

{
    this
    .Key = Key.WaitKey;

{
    }
    else
    {
    }

{
        Console.WriteLine(item);
    }

Almost direct copy of:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19528040/code-not-working-to-delete-and-then-move-files-in-c-sharp
I've highlighted in red the parts that have been changed. really just the directory and cursor = key, directory = address.

{
    this
    .Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor;

// Create new directory in which to move existing .bin and .hid files on the PC

if (!Directory.Exists("C:\\Phoenix\\OldBinHid"))
    {
        Directory.CreateDirectory("C:\\Phoenix\\OldBinHid");
    }
    else
    {
        Array.ForEach(Directory.GetFiles(@"C:\\Phoenix\\OldBinHid"), File.Delete);
    }

// Move existing .bin and .hid files to the new directory

string pattern = @"(\.bin|\.hid|\.BIN|.HID)$";
    var files = Directory.GetFiles(@"C:\Phoenix")

{
        Console.WriteLine(item);
        File.Move(item, Path.Combine(@"C:\Phoenix\OldBinHid", name));
    }

Take this comment with a grain of salt, as it doesn't prove he doesn't have any code. In fact at least he has something to show. I think we were all hoping for a unique snippet though.
LeoC

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:17:04 AM

Lol dude are you serious? That is a VERY common string used all over the place. They teach this string to you in any C course. I'm sure you will find hundreds of people using the exact same one with different variables. Man you are never satisfied, are you TheMightyDouchebag. Perhaps he is hesitant to show proprietary code.
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:23:00 AM

Sooooo...   what your saying then..  Is that if said organisation which by your own admission is currently monitoring   links you to this coin  you will stop the coding and dissociate yourself from the coin?

Such is life.

If this organization is so important to you  why would you even put yourself in a position where you could possible be reprimanded? and then even worse continue on with it when you think your being monitored?

People are investing in your ability to finish the code required for this coin. You can not truly say that you will be able to continue coding tomorrow until tomorrow is here.

Until the code is fully wrote its a huge gamble.

Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:24:23 AM

Such is life.

If this organization is so important to you  why would you even put yourself in a position where you could possible be reprimanded? and then even worse continue on with it when you think your being monitored?

People are investing in your ability to finish the code required for this coin. You can not truly say that you will be able to continue coding tomorrow until tomorrow is here.

Until the code is fully wrote its a huge gamble.

Code is 90% complete. Released to backers in 2 days.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:24:28 AM

Lol dude are you serious? That is a VERY common string used all over the place. They teach this string to you in any C course. I'm sure you will find hundreds of people using the exact same one with different variables. Man you are never satisfied, are you TheMightyDouchebag. Perhaps he is hesitant to show proprietary code.
Thank you for proving my point.
But that's just the dilemma then isn't it?
Why show us arbitrary code if it proves nothing?
If you knew that, and I figured that out with little or no programming experience, he should have known that before pasting it.
A unique piece of code is still useless on its own don't you think?
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:28:03 AM

If you knew that, and I figured that out with little or no programming experience, he should have known that before pasting it.

Ok make up your mind, you want code, but you don't want any code. People like you are never satisfied. Just don't invest, walk away and try not to look at the price of the coin in a few months.
I have been trying my best to cater to everyone, but it is becoming increasingly difficult. What code do you want?
LeoC

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:30:31 AM

Ok make up your mind, you want code, but you don't want any code. People like you are never satisfied. Just don't invest, walk away and try not to look at the price of the coin in a few months.
I have been trying my best to cater to everyone, but it is becoming increasingly difficult. What code do you want?

He wants the source code obviously lol, and even then he is unlikely to be appeased.
He's been trolling this thread for the past few days and hasn't posted anywhere else.
Not sure if interested or....
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:31:35 AM

He wants the source code obviously lol, and even then he is unlikely to be appeased.

It's not complete/bug free. I am nearly done.
LeoC

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:32:27 AM

It's not complete/bug free. I am nearly done.

Take your time  Tongue
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

When did I say I didn't want code?
Look if your not scamming then at the least you are a horrible businessperson. How hard is it to do a simple screen capture of your program at work? Coming on here asking for money and not showing shit! You could have made money instead of pennies.
LeoC

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:37:51 AM

When did I say I didn't want code?
Look if your not scamming then at the least you are a horrible businessperson. How hard is it to do a simple screen capture of your program at work? Coming on here asking for money and not showing shit! You could have made money instead of pennies.

Currently both pieces of software are coded in the C language and currently use a very ugly command prompt. I need help with the creation of a GUI as I have no experience in it. I could probably learn and do it myself, but it would delay release. There are also far too many files (over 50) that work in combination in a folder. This is messy, I would like to have two files. One with the wallet, and one with the burn client. Again my goal is simplicity, and at the moment, it is far from simple.

On the subject of software, I have mentioned that currently I am lacking a GUI, but here is a screenshot of how the burn client works more or less:

Obviously the program assumes you know the commands, which makes it very new user unfriendly. I plan to change that.
Zukii

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:38:45 AM

If the PoS reward for Lv1 and Lv2 coins decreases over time... I'm assuming it would be best to hold Lv1 coins for a while before burning them (initially) as they will have low coinage and thus generate Lv1 coins faster than if they were older.

Once a certain point has been reached, I assume burning them to Lv2 would then be far more beneficial as they no longer generate very many Lv1 coins by themselves...

Do you have more information on the rate of decay of the PoS from Lv1 and Lv2 coins? 100% ROI in 1 year from Lv2, and then what's the rate? Approx 1,000 coins in a year, 1,250 coins in 2 years? 1,300 in 3 ... etc.

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: