Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2018, 03:57:46 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Block Chains : be safe!  (Read 301995 times)
Bugatti73

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Crowdsale Network

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:51:28 AM

Can we assume that Ripple is an alternative to blockchain, or is it not a blockchain at all??

■▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Crowdsale Network ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬■
▨  Business Accelerator and Crowdfunding platform  -  JOIN US NOW
▀▀  Crowdsale Network  -  Website  -  Facebook  -   Telegram  -
BOUNTY PORTALS
BLOG
WHERE BOUNTY MANAGEMENT
MEETS AUTOMATION
SIGNATURE CAMPAIGNS
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIA CAMPAIGNS
AND MORE!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingasterisk

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:08:59 PM

If the point comes, where one is wealthy  enough that it would be painful as hell to be exploited by vulnerabilities, having just one pc isn't an excuse(you do have money to buy another).

I'm not wealthy enough to justify it, but if i ever was, getting a machine that is always offline to hold most of my value would be a priority. Yeah and i do have a trezor.
Mzai620

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:29:43 AM

. I really, really like LLC Company Formation Dubai. Remarkably LLC Company Formation Dubai is heralded by shopkeepers and investment bankers alike, leading many to state that it is important to remember that ‘what goes up must come down.’ It is an unfortunate consequence of our civilizations history that<a href="http://www.companieshouse.ae/llc-company-formation-dubai/"> LLC Company Formation</a> Dubai is rarely given rational consideration by those politicaly minded individuals living in the past
crimealone

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:58:42 PM

Novablitz is a game platform both for players and developers. It's an ETH-based collectible card game and alreay on steem.

Telegram Group : https://t.me/Novablitz

Or their official website at : https://novablitz.com

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
retlaw04

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:53:15 PM

I do not know why I have not noticed this threat for so long. Probably because he is so old. Really good reading material. Amusing. And many of the postings encourage everyone to rethink everything in this hectic time.

Mzai620

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:58:50 PM

It's hard enough to get the half-baked alt chain software to run at all (and speed is of the essence knowing they are all quickly collapsing pyramids) never mind configuring a VM with appropriate hardware access.  Here are steps I've taken which I think are "good enough" to be advice -- it's worked for me for 4 shitcoin chains so far.

1.  Don't use Windows and pre-built .exes.  Just don't.  Ever.  Nothing inherently wrong with Microsoft software, but it is well understood and commonly used by the botnet types.  Staying out of the monoculture is a form of security by obscurity.
2.  Create a new account with no group membership.  I call mine "goatse" for obvious but nostalgic reasons.  Make absolutely sure that account doesn't have read or write access outside of their home directory.   Make doubly sure they can't read the raw hard drive device.
3.  Log out of your main account and into that account whenever compiling or running the alt chain software.  Remember that compilation & installation scripts are code!
4.  Do not browse exchange sites you have coinage in and definitely do not save passwords in the browser when logged in as this account.
5.  If you log into this account via ssh DO NOT enable X proxying.  It's trivial to read your keystrokes, do screen captures, etc when X is proxied.  Let me repeat this one, make sure X proxying is disabled.  If you can type 'xterm' and see it show up on your main account's screen you're vulnerable. 

And yes, I even follow this for official bitcoin software.  On a different account than "goatse" of course.
Tunjevina

Activity: 23
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:25:29 PM

Thank you for sharing your knowledge about this subject. I will definitely take time to learn about it!
mirzamuneeeb

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 04:44:51 PM

i hate BlockChain Because I already lost money Due to hackers

JSEcoin is a browser mined blockchain, powered by webmasters and built for mainstream adoption
Live platform since August 2017 - ICO starts 11
ShivaGanesh

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:54:01 PM

I find some interesting points here about dsafety. I was wondering what you  guys think of the best measures to take to be safe in this game.
Sofinard09

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:52:11 AM

It's hard enough to get the half-baked alt chain software to run at all (and speed is of the essence knowing they are all quickly collapsing pyramids) never mind configuring a VM with appropriate hardware access.  Here are steps I've taken which I think are "good enough" to be advice -- it's worked for me for 4 shitcoin chains so far.

1.  Don't use Windows and pre-built .exes.  Just don't.  Ever.  Nothing inherently wrong with Microsoft software, but it is well understood and commonly used by the botnet types.  Staying out of the monoculture is a form of security by obscurity.
2.  Create a new account with no group membership.  I call mine "goatse" for obvious but nostalgic reasons.  Make absolutely sure that account doesn't have read or write access outside of their home directory.   Make doubly sure they can't read the raw hard drive device.
3.  Log out of your main account and into that account whenever compiling or running the alt chain software.  Remember that compilation & installation scripts are code!
4.  Do not browse exchange sites you have coinage in and definitely do not save passwords in the browser when logged in as this account.
5.  If you log into this account via ssh DO NOT enable X proxying.  It's trivial to read your keystrokes, do screen captures, etc when X is proxied.  Let me repeat this one, make sure X proxying is disabled.  If you can type 'xterm' and see it show up on your main account's screen you're vulnerable. 

And yes, I even follow this for official bitcoin software.  On a different account than "goatse" of course.
Thank you for this advice.Hoping not to lose money again.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
Mary_Swift

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:32:10 PM

Thank you for your advice. I have never encountered this and I hope that I will not get into the same situation thanks to you.
xx-man

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:50:28 AM

Generally, if you have a large amount of bitcoins on a given PC, being extra-cautious about third party software (be it an Alt-coin client or a particularly fancy casual game) is advisable.

if I am very careful with links or software that we do not know the origin of devices that we do not know and display promotions on our pc have, especially on our pc there are many important data and bitcoin data with a large amount.

▄▄████▄
 █████████░
███████████░
███████████████▄▄
███████████████████▄
█████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
░█████████████████████░
 ░███████████████████░
   ▀███████████████▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
BITPACTION

Light and Convient   ─────▇▇ ▇ ▇
  CryptoCurrency Exchange   

▄▄▄██
                             ███████
                              ▄█████
               ▄█▄          ▄███▀ ██
             ▄█████▄      ▄███▀    ▀
           ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▄███▀     ▀██████▀
       ▄███▀         ▀██▀
     ▄███▀                 ██
   ▄███▀
 ▄███▀           ██  ██

██ ██  ██

██ ██  ██

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
LIST YOUR TOKEN
zzzatochi

Activity: 29

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I&#965

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:40:40 AM

Thanks, good advice for new comers

Effect.AI // Decentralized Network for AI [ICO March 2018] Powered by the NEO Blockchain (http://effect.ai)
mirzamuneeeb

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 12:21:11 PM

Anyone tell me Whats is HardFork And How it impact on Coin

JSEcoin is a browser mined blockchain, powered by webmasters and built for mainstream adoption
Live platform since August 2017 - ICO starts 11
carnadine

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:36:03 PM

thanks I agree with you my friend
Blocklock

Activity: 65

Cryptocurrency Investor, economist, researcher.

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:20:31 AM

Anyone tell me Whats is HardFork And How it impact on Coin

In software engineering, a project fork happens when developers take a copy of source code from one software package and start independent development on it, creating a distinct and separate piece of software. The term often implies not merely a development branch, but also a split in the developer community, a form of schism.  Cool
Magzzz

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:25:30 AM

Thank you for recommendations  Wink
StacyKo

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:24:58 PM

Thank all of you!
Today’s internet has security problems that are familiar to everyone. We all rely on the “username/password” system to protect our identity and assets online. Blockchain security methods use encryption technology,so users store their data on the blockchain and it is incorruptible.
malfurionbtcn

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:56:22 PM

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, Gavin! It`s very useful for all of us.
criscypto

Activity: 51

criscrypto

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:20:01 AM

Thank you Gavin.

The only things I might add is that "use a different password" isn't limited to exchanges, but applies to forums, emails, and even pools Wink , and that some antivirus heuristics seem to hate anything that has mining code in it and isn't explicitly whitelisted.
totally agreed

◆ CVProof.com-  SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS ◆
— Join ICO Now — (https://www.cvproof.com/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.