Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:30:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin price based on bitcoin price?  (Read 3399 times)
@baracitamon

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:03:23 AM

The price of altcoin is on the downswing trend, so the market is always a link, no coin can cross over and a big impact on Crypto. like BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:26:52 PM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

In my own opinion, altcoins price is not exact based on bitcoins but most of the ico tokents today are based on ethereum which is tether to bitcoins and that is the reason why every cryptocurrency is affected when the price of bitcoins decreases in the market.

Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:59:28 PM

Yes, it is true. Basically, all kinds of crypto-currency are repeating the price movements of bitcoin. This is due to the high level of bitcoin capitalization compared to other types of crypto currency. The higher the level of bitcoin capitalization, the stronger its dominance over the rest of the crypto currency. Therefore, in order to ensure that this effect does not exist, bitcoin should not differ greatly in the level of capitalization over the altcoyins.
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:53:37 PM

Yes of a truth,the prices of altcoin,rises and fall as a result of Bitcoin,it still affects even etherium,bitcoin is indeed the  king of Cryptos..
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 08:32:21 AM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

In my own opinion, altcoins price is not exact based on bitcoins but most of the ico tokents today are based on ethereum which is tether to bitcoins and that is the reason why every cryptocurrency is affected when the price of bitcoins decreases in the market.

some of the altcoin based their price with bitcoin and they watch the bitcoin price for the adjustment. as we can see in the market, many altcoins are getting down when bitcoin price is down and will follow to go up when bitcoin price is up too. this will always happen and it will like this in the future as long as bitcoin still leading the altcoin, altcoin will base their price with bitcoin unless there is a new technology that will better than bitcoin then maybe cryptocurrency will change to something new.
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:49:41 PM

You can see that every move of the market at the moment is moving at the price of bitcoin, the price of the bitcoin adjusting affects the whole market of crypto. Bitcoin is the most valuable coin and the capitol of the drug altcoin runs out into bitcoin. I believe that at this point you should trade short and should not invest long term into bitcoin.
Hold good

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:19:41 PM

This may be true . Whenever the bitcoin goes up, it almost pulls the entire market up along with it. So I see bitcoin has a great impact on this market.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:35:40 PM

Cryptocurrency prices seem to rise and fall in synchrony. No one has been able to explain the phenomenon satisfactorily. It could be due to the combination of large number of whales and bots trading based on latest technical and fundamental infos.
mozers

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:54:09 PM

Yes. The price of altcoin and bitcoin just depend on psychology of investors and traders. If the price of bitcoin fall down, they start scare, and keep sell own token. It leads to declining market prices.
htconem7

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:03:49 PM

You can see that both the cypress market is moving in line with the bitcoin price adjustment, only a small bitcoin adjustment makes the market move very steeply, especially the price of altcoin. Bitcoin's share price is the biggest and bitcoin is also the coin of the highest value at the moment, the continuous decrease in bitcoin prices over the past few months has caused investors to start withdrawing from the market.
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:07:55 PM

Not all altcoins suffers from that and bitcoin do not have any connections in any altcoin there is. Falling of altcoin and Bitcoin are all coincidentally events and you should know better that every exchange or trading site has different pricing of every coins so maybe in other exchange you may gain more than  your previous site.
atetess

Activity: 305

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:32:48 PM

Yes,  sometimes the altcoin price goes higher when btc price increases.  It is the usual thing when the market are down altcoin currently follows the same flow.

shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:43:21 PM

Yes, if bitcoin falling down then altcoin follow the bitcoin step to go down. But, it is not for all altcoin. Most of altcoin can be impactful with bitcoin price.
And if bitcoin going up, it's the same situation for altcoin that will be falling down.

But not all altcoin are go to the flow of bitcoin their still few coin going up even bitcoin price are in falling down situation but in over all if bitcoin going down then altcoin go to flow at the same time I think because of btc pair in the market.
Sinone

Activity: 597

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:51:14 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 01:16:27 AM by Sinone

Yes, it is. But every altcoin doesn't follow bitcoin trend. Some altcoins are very strong when the market goes deep, all coins follow the trend. But the universal truth in the crypto field, if you bitcoin goes down then the total crypto market means all coins will down too. So, overall, I can say altcoin price based on bitcoin price.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:52:28 AM

Yes, it is. But every altcoin doesn't follow bitcoin trend. Some altcoins are very strong when the market goes deep, all coins follow the trend. But the universal truth in the crypto field, if you bitcoin goes down then the total crypto market means all coins will down too. So, overall, I can say altcoin price based on bitcoin price.
Yes I agree on that, altcoin price really depend on the bitcoin price, we can all see and experience this many times before, if bitcoin drop altcoin is also dropping. I believe that  that everything in crypto feild depends on the bitcoin because bitcoin is really the leading coin on the market place and the trust on bitcoin.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:44:50 AM

The whole crypto market is mainly dominated by Bitcoin. As of now BTC dominance in the market has rose to 42.7%. So, it greatly affects the price of all the altcoins when BTC moves, be it up or down. When Bitcoin goes down the whole market crashes along with it and when it goes up all I can see is green everywhere in the market.
Bitcoin is the main power of the crypto market which includes the Altcoin as well which is less valuable coin however price of many currencies or coins in the crypto market alters with the Bitcoin. It needs a mindset which is depending upon the market situations as we know that different market situations have different negative and positive perceptions so with these changes other currencies also affect a little.
danpariseau1

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:32:55 AM

I think that is the general decline of electronic coins. No need to relate to each other because the entire market is down
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:55:06 AM

The whole crypto market is mainly dominated by Bitcoin. As of now BTC dominance in the market has rose to 42.7%. So, it greatly affects the price of all the altcoins when BTC moves, be it up or down. When Bitcoin goes down the whole market crashes along with it and when it goes up all I can see is green everywhere in the market.
Totally dominated and we can say that is because with bitcoin being the first, it has more community of supporters than any other coin who are more like die-hard fans.

Most times, altcoins only do better with bitcoin in some sort of consolidation, but every other huge movement in bitcoin affects altcoin pretty badly and that for now is something we just have to keep dealing with until further notice probably when altcoins will be able to stand on their own, but for now, Bitcoin depicts the market movement.
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:26:35 AM

the whole altcoin industry is based on bitcoin until bitcoin prices increase altcoin prices too stay downtrend both the price movement are directly propotential until we see alternative currency which is directly proportional bitcoin is dominant in the industry
muhammedayo1

Activity: 151

Stalker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:42:41 AM

This will continue to happen as long as BTC dominance stays how it is or even higher , altcoins dependence on btc as its major trading pair is the factor responsible for this.

see the general chart on CMC to see how btc made alts to follow its graph pattern

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: