Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920049 times)
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:40:27 PM

No one give a shit about CANN here. This is PotCoin. Please keep your crap post off our thread.

PotCoin is better than CANN and other pot related coins! I think 10 PotCoin member can beat 1000 CANN shill. (See what I did here?)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:46:01 PM

No one give a shit about CANN here. This is PotCoin. Please keep your crap post off our thread.

PotCoin is better than CANN and other pot related coins! I think 10 PotCoin member can beat 1000 CANN shill. (See what I did here?)

researchyourcoin is not a shill, unless they are trying reverse psychological tactics.
It looks like they were an early buyer on cann and are now pissed that its not worth 1million/coin.

Please EVERYONE do the thread a favor and report and ignore these type of posts, there is a place for them but that is not in the threads for other coins.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:42:30 PM

researchyourcoin is not a shill, unless they are trying reverse psychological tactics.
It looks like they were an early buyer on cann and are now pissed that its not worth 1million/coin.

Please EVERYONE do the thread a favor and report and ignore these type of posts, there is a place for them but that is not in the threads for other coins.

I would argue the potential demise of Potcoin's biggest competitor is directly relevant to this thread. Especially considering anybody new to Crypto are left with just 3 cryptocurrecnies that are attempting to directly support the marijuana industry. Don't forget that people are investing real world money into these coins, and they deserve to know what they're getting into. There is a difference between trolling another coin and spreading relevant information about a competitor. I mean we're all on BITCOINtalk forums aren't we?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:34:43 PM

I would argue the potential demise of Potcoin's biggest competitor is directly relevant to this thread. Especially considering anybody new to Crypto are left with just 3 cryptocurrecnies that are attempting to directly support the marijuana industry. Don't forget that people are investing real world money into these coins, and they deserve to know what they're getting into. There is a difference between trolling another coin and spreading relevant information about a competitor. I mean we're all on BITCOINtalk forums aren't we?

Your correct, but not in the way that this person has been posting. I would argue that a thread dedicated to the discussion of POTcoin is NOT the place to make accusations against another coin. The long ass posts that this person is spamming the forum with does nothing except bury whole pages of discussion and makes it harder for people to keep up with the conversation and ask questions/get answers/help.

IMO the correct way to do it is to start a new thread titled "Xcoin Accusations, is it a scam?" and then post a simple request in ALL relevant threads asking people to join the discussion.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:23:48 PM

Your correct, but not in the way that this person has been posting. I would argue that a thread dedicated to the discussion of POTcoin is NOT the place to make accusations against another coin. The long ass posts that this person is spamming the forum with does nothing except bury whole pages of discussion and makes it harder for people to keep up with the conversation and ask questions/get answers/help.

IMO the correct way to do it is to start a new thread titled "Xcoin Accusations, is it a scam?" and then post a simple request in ALL relevant threads asking people to join the discussion.

This.  The first thing I thought was "why is this guy posting a novel here?"

I will say this though... that was one hell of a post.  It's the type of post that when you write it the first time, you pray that nothing happens that makes you have to rewrite everything again.  I get pissed when I write a 1 line post, and BCT says "unable to post at this time", and then somehow I lose the post in the process of trying to go back and resubmit. lol

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Chronikka

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:41:30 PM

I will say this though... that was one hell of a post.  It's the type of post that when you write it the first time, you pray that nothing happens that makes you have to rewrite everything again.  I get pissed when I write a 1 line post, and BCT says "unable to post at this time", and then somehow I lose the post in the process of trying to go back and resubmit. lol

-Fuse

This I could agree with. All he had to do was post a link to the long explanation in this thread and I don't think anybody would have batted an eye. People just didn't want to scroll through all of it. But to say the information in his post was not relevant I think is wrong.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:46:58 PM

-Fuse

This I could agree with. All he had to do was post a link to the long explanation in this thread and I don't think anybody would have batted an eye. People just didn't want to scroll through all of it. But to say the information in his post was not relevant I think is wrong.

Where did anyone say that what was said was irrelevant? As far as I am concerned the threads for specific coins/companies should be used for ONLY discussions pertaining to that entity, its not the place to post accusations or praise for any other coin/company/etc. If you wish to post a request to join another discussion, I have no problem with that.
Chronikka

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:50:43 PM

This.  The first thing I thought was "why is this guy posting a novel here?"

I will say this though... that was one hell of a post.  It's the type of post that when you write it the first time, you pray that nothing happens that makes you have to rewrite everything again.  I get pissed when I write a 1 line post, and BCT says "unable to post at this time", and then somehow I lose the post in the process of trying to go back and resubmit. lol

-Fuse

Where did anyone say that what was said was irrelevant? As far as I am concerned the threads for specific coins/companies should be used for ONLY discussions pertaining to that entity, its not the place to post accusations or praise for any other coin/company/etc. If you wish to post a request to join another discussion, I have no problem with that.

...You were the first to say it...

I flagged it as off topic, would someone please delete it.

Edit: I'm not trying to start something I'm just saying the information he posted was entirely relevant, and thus very much on topic.

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:57:06 PM

I will say this though... that was one hell of a post.  It's the type of post that when you write it the first time, you pray that nothing happens that makes you have to rewrite everything again.  I get pissed when I write a 1 line post, and BCT says "unable to post at this time", and then somehow I lose the post in the process of trying to go back and resubmit. lol

-Fuse

Edit: I'm not trying to start something I'm just saying the information he posted was entirely relevant, and thus very much on topic.

Do you honestly think that posting a fullpage post not once but TWICE bashing another coin is on topic for this thread? We can split hairs all day long but the truth of the matter is that this is NOT the place to spam accusations or praise for another coin. As I and nyc2afuse said there are better ways to go about getting a message out about a coin being a scam or the mana from heaven, whatever your POV is. All that novel of a post did was bury other relevant posts and discussions making it more difficult for people to see the current and active discussions taking place.
Chronikka

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:13:44 PM

-Fuse

Do you honestly think that posting a fullpage post not once but TWICE bashing another coin is on topic for this thread? We can split hairs all day long but the truth of the matter is that this is NOT the place to spam accusations or praise for another coin. As I and nyc2afuse said there are better ways to go about getting a message out about a coin being a scam or the mana from heaven, whatever your POV is. All that novel of a post did was bury other relevant posts and discussions making it more difficult for people to see the current and active discussions taking place.

It didn't bury anything there's been no real activity in this thread for a year. The only thing people were coming to this thread for in recent months was when they botched the POSv transition and wanted answers. Yes it was annoying to scroll through the long post but so what? In a day its on an archived page and everybody moves on.

At this point anything that gets people talking about Potcoin and coming to the thread is good. Its been in decline for a year and that trend is going to continue until either something happens out of our control that pushes more people toward this coin (like a CANN scam) or a massive effort by the development staff and their team to get the coin accepted in real world stores. Barring that, we're in for a long and slow decline and we'll be bickering about it till the end.

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:46:57 PM

really!? again!? I just reported it

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:18:15 PM

really!? again!? I just reported it

That account needs a ban.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:21:57 PM

-Fuse

It didn't bury anything there's been no real activity in this thread for a year. The only thing people were coming to this thread for in recent months was when they botched the POSv transition and wanted answers. Yes it was annoying to scroll through the long post but so what? In a day its on an archived page and everybody moves on.

At this point anything that gets people talking about Potcoin and coming to the thread is good. Its been in decline for a year and that trend is going to continue until either something happens out of our control that pushes more people toward this coin (like a CANN scam) or a massive effort by the development staff and their team to get the coin accepted in real world stores. Barring that, we're in for a long and slow decline and we'll be bickering about it till the end.

You call the active discussions here about the split threshold and several other topics as no activity? As for the archived page, yes it will do that, but if you keep an eye on it like I do, but refreshing the url with #new in it, you don't get see the posts prior to that because it "BURIES" the previous posts.

I am not sure we are for a decline, long slow or other wise. I have a feeling that some serious funds will flow into POS coins over the next 5-10 years, the legit coins like POT/BLK/BTCD/etc and the ones limping along will benefit from the "rising tide" effect.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:49:53 PM

We are in the process of working with Bittrex on unlocking their wallet.

They have run into an unexpected issue which we are hopping to have resolved soon.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
PotCoin

it would deff be nice to have the dev pitch in their thoughts from time to time... they were on today and most days, so where's their input?

we're back up on trex, cryptsy for a while now... how's the android coming along etc???

as far as marketing deals and such I'm not too concerned about, yes it would be awesome to get some surprise news on that but thing's take time.

WAVES
Chronikka

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:56:42 PM

I am not sure we are for a decline, long slow or other wise. I have a feeling that some serious funds will flow into POS coins over the next 5-10 years, the legit coins like POT/BLK/BTCD/etc and the ones limping along will benefit from the "rising tide" effect.

I'm curious why you think POS will be on the rise? I have nothing against POS itself but I wonder about the motivations behind turning Potcoin into a POS coin. 2/3 of the entire money supply of Pot is held in just 100 addresses, and 10% of the entire supply is held by a single address. The people that stood to gain the most by turning this coin into POS were most likely the ones pulling the strings.

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:24:54 PM

I'm curious why you think POS will be on the rise? I have nothing against POS itself but I wonder about the motivations behind turning Potcoin into a POS coin. 2/3 of the entire money supply of Pot is held in just 100 addresses, and 10% of the entire supply is held by a single address. The people that stood to gain the most by turning this coin into POS were most likely the ones pulling the strings.

when people lose interest in a pow coin it becomes very cheap to rent enough hashpower to f#ck with the blockchain... that and the major waste of electricity that would make a lot of mainstream people cringe when looking at btc and cryptos... in the long run I think pos coins will do very well as btc slowly increases in popularity.

WAVES
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:37:13 PM

The rich list is very misleading. A large chunk of coins are held by the exchanges, bitt/polo/cryptsy. It also doesn't matter how many coins the "whales" have so long as they either aren't moving or aren't being used to play with the price. That 10% held by one address, have you looked at when that input was created? Its been sitting for over a year, its likely that the private key is lost and those coins are out of circulation permanently.

What @fonzerellie said about the potential for POS coins, that is a much deeper and hard to explain concept for those that don't have a full grasp on crypto in general.
I believe that a variation of POS is what will take over as the dominant coin, POW is very costly and time intensive to manage and get setup. POS wallets on the otherhand cost as much to run as the power cost for a laptop or lightweight server, there is also virtually no limit to the profits that machine can produce per wallet outside of the total coins in circulation. With POW you have to buy more physical hardware to mine more and you increase your power costs linearly, with POS you simply buy more coins and aside from exchange rate flux, your overhead costs as a % of your earnings drop off as you increase the # of coins your staking.

POS is like a a high interest bank account, POW is like panning for gold, which one do you think is easier to sell to a store owner when trying to get them to take crypto as a payment option?
Chronikka

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:47:47 PM

when people lose interest in a pow coin it becomes very cheap to rent enough hashpower to f#ck with the blockchain... that and the major waste of electricity that would make a lot of mainstream people cringe when looking at btc and cryptos... in the long run I think pos coins will do very well as btc slowly increases in popularity.

People lose interest in a coin because the coin is failing. Bitcoin and to a degree, Litecoin, is constantly increasing in hash rate not decreasing. I think POS is an interesting solution to the electricity problem but it also introduces a lot of other issues. The whole point of POW is to distribute the coins as fairly as possible. And one of the biggest drawbacks to POS is that it encourages a currency monopolization. In POS the more you have the more you make. So when a coin like POT that already has a small group of people in control of the money supply switches to POS it compounds the problem.

Chronikka

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:54:59 PM

The rich list is very misleading. A large chunk of coins are held by the exchanges, bitt/polo/cryptsy. It also doesn't matter how many coins the "whales" have so long as they either aren't moving or aren't being used to play with the price. That 10% held by one address, have you looked at when that input was created? Its been sitting for over a year, its likely that the private key is lost and those coins are out of circulation permanently.

What @fonzerellie said about the potential for POS coins, that is a much deeper and hard to explain concept for those that don't have a full grasp on crypto in general.
I believe that a variation of POS is what will take over as the dominant coin, POW is very costly and time intensive to manage and get setup. POS wallets on the otherhand cost as much to run as the power cost for a laptop or lightweight server, there is also virtually no limit to the profits that machine can produce per wallet outside of the total coins in circulation. With POW you have to buy more physical hardware to mine more and you increase your power costs linearly, with POS you simply buy more coins and aside from exchange rate flux, your overhead costs as a % of your earnings drop off as you increase the # of coins your staking.

POS is like a a high interest bank account, POW is like panning for gold, which one do you think is easier to sell to a store owner when trying to get them to take crypto as a payment option?

But we already have bank accounts that offer interest. Why does a currency need to have it built in? A store owner is only going to hold their coins if they can do things like pay their bills with them. Otherwise they'll convert the coins and stick the dollars in their bank account like everybody else already does. They collect interest there too.

Let me ask you this...how are you going to explain to a store owner that when his coins stake he can't use them?

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:02:38 PM

because F#CK BANKS

whether store owners keep it or convert it the benefit would be that consumers could spend it... and who knows maybe the average store owner starts keeping 5-10% of the POT that begins going through their stores. Who knows

WAVES
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: