Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid cryptocurrency scams  (Read 464 times)
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:07:57 PM

I made a Thread about Crypt Scams here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4264404.msg38541432#msg38541432

Will keep it up- to- date and add more stuff over time!

If you have any questions, ask in the Thread above.
Stay Safe Online

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:12:27 PM

The number is seriously growing as a matter of fact and the only way to avoid it is by taking precautions which is cleared to almost everyone even newbies like me.
* Try to stay away from clicking on every link you received in your email without verifying.
* Don’t give out your private key
* Avoid phishing website

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Just John

Activity: 294
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:59:55 PM

To avoid being scammed and having your coins stolen you should always make sure to check that you are on the right site before you put in your passwords or your private key. Don't click on suspicious links offering you free cryptos for doing nothing or links that offer you free cryptos if you put a certain amount of crypto in it.

☁ CRYPTO MARKET CLOUD ☁
【THE FIRST AND ONLY SELF CONTAINED ECO-SYSTEM】 (https://cryptomarketcloud.com/)
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:05:43 PM

Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.
To be honest it's really hard to find out whether the project is scam or not, however you can make your own research about people behind the project (check their profile, LinkedIn account, etc) I think this is the most important, checking some feedbacks on the internet, asking the community, learn their whitepaper etc, one thing is for sure there is no guarantee that the project is completely legit.
cryptotezi

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:11:19 PM

Scammers are everywhere around the internet and they are trying to break the system and snatch your everything. So in order to keep your account safe you have to be sharp to identify the fake one and the real one. You always follow the lawful things and sites, people are used to. And do not visit or click unauthorized site or link. And most importantly do not grad any attractive offer without proper verification. 
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:24:45 PM

Hello, the news of growing numbers of cryptocurrency scams is really terrifying for the investors and holders. Can you suggest me how can I avoid this scams.

I think thorough research of the ICO you want to invest is the best thing to do to avoid being scammed. Transparency also of one project. You can also check the concept , whitepaper , things like that before investing into it. I agree with you that nowadays scammers are everywhere , so we must be careful and be wise enough not to be scammed.
cryptoroi

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:22:09 AM

Actually, scams are spreaded all over and it's quite difficult to avoid it. Sometimes, people post various things without any valid links and those are mostly scams. A software should be established to eradicate this scams.
samiraetn

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:05:31 AM

Yes it is becoming very tough to understand if it is a scam. I have few tips for you on this. You can do a thorough research on the team members. See if the website is clear enough and disclose every thing to the investors. And finally look if the project is a possible one.Most of the scams have some sort of impossible projects which are impossible to accomplish.
zxrcoin

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 09:00:45 AM

At first, before investing on any cryptocurrency make a thorough research on it first. See the background community. The larger the community, the more secure the coin is. Lastly, read all the papers thoroughly.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:08:28 AM

At first, before investing on any cryptocurrency make a thorough research on it first. See the background community. The larger the community, the more secure the coin is. Lastly, read all the papers thoroughly.

To avoid cryptocurrency scams you must really educate yourself about the market. Yes, its not easy because almost everywhere scammers are making ways to scam people. One thing in a bounty campaign, make sure you have the right address on the spreadsheet every week because someone is trying to change your details on which campaign requireds you to write your objections and so on.
jonalva

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 10:54:08 AM

We should avoid this basically great stages, site straightforwardness, awesome colleagues and great abundance directors, that will be your premise with regards to where you have to put your cash on this industry, just like stock trade, you should first know the organization you are contributing with so you won't be misled. In this regard bitcoin is the best but be aware of fraud people.
spastikss

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:58:47 AM

If you are talking about ICO, to avoid cryptocurrency scams you should read their whitepaper , search their team, and also if there is a bounty campaign it should be made by a trusted manager.

Nunii

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:07:13 AM

Yes it is the number one note we got to save. Unabke to invest in a project you want is better than getting scammed by a fake project.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:09:32 AM

Learn more about how blockchain technology work,  learn more about purpose of the project and know more detail the team developer is will help to understanding and to know that project legit or fraud. In my country many crypto fraud and they sell the coin with network marketing, and to avoid that should be any more education about cryptocurrency knowledge.

BeeKeeoEr

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:13:36 AM

If any fraudster wants to throw you, this process is inevitable, unless you succumb to these tricks.
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:29:57 AM

You can avoid this scam using your brain and some research on the internet. I agree that there are a lot of cryptocurrency scams nowadays, but you should be careful when you decide to invest and take a look about the project and about the team, the site, the white paper, also you can read peoples' reviews.. etc.. Do not put all your money in ICO even if you feel that is trusted, you should invest in a lot projects, but first try to find the good ones.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:40:15 AM

ICO is now becoming a new version of hyip something should be done about this so many scam ico right now and some of them do have a legit team on board, but still, they go scam, I'm lucky that some of the Ico I've joined are legit ICO.
itoyitoy123

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

English-Filipino Translator

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:46:07 AM

You can avoid crypto scams by knowing there projects and ask them smart questions and you can research thier whitepaper, roadmap, announcements.etc.  and also join in the telegram group for you to know if they're active and a quick response to the questions.
LegendzX

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:54:42 AM

Actually there is no perfect way of avoiding from joining in a possible scam ICO but we can lessen the chance or the risk to joining the obvious scam project. Checking their team in the whitepaper and the concept, understanding it if this is not far from reality, and check established supporter companies this can be one of the asset to make the ICO successful. Also if you are just new never invest to a project that asking a big amount of hard cap.
ashuawei

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:24:47 PM

Sad to say but scammers are anywhere and everywhere. For me, before ill going to invest or trade something, i should study first and understand everything under the sun, if possible the project has an existing strong infrastruction and can easily communicate or keep intouch if you have queries.  And above all mentioned, PRAYER is my best shield against scammers. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: