Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:57:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382860 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:12:10 PM

Why do I get the feeling someone is trying to get some people are trying to scare people into dumping  Roll Eyes

It guess it works both ways. Just look at the chat window on mcxnow for maxcoin. It's a circus for that kind of thing.

Well maxcoin had such a screwed up launch, I don't know how they kept any momentum.

Hype, basically.

Even if today's prices aren't maintained, I'm sure PMC has exchanged a good few hands today, and at some good prices too. This sets precedents for future trades. PMC got some great trade volume and publicity today at the very least. Everything else is a bonus.

To jump from around 100th to 87th in a few hours on coinmarketcap is also pretty fantastic.

It might just be me, but I feel like the jump we saw today was just the beginning. In less than 12hrs we moved more coins than we have almost this entire week. As we climb in rank on Coinmarketcap I think the prices and volume will both rise. Could just be me though lol.  Grin

Well, it does at least show PMC's massive potential. The fact that I was actually holding 2.5 BTC worth of sellable PMC today didn't even phase me, and that's more BTC than all the other altcoins I have combined,.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
uasteel

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:15:57 PM

Why do I get the feeling someone is trying to get some people are trying to scare people into dumping  Roll Eyes

It guess it works both ways. Just look at the chat window on mcxnow for maxcoin. It's a circus for that kind of thing.

Well maxcoin had such a screwed up launch, I don't know how they kept any momentum.

Hype, basically.

Even if today's prices aren't maintained, I'm sure PMC has exchanged a good few hands today, and at some good prices too. This sets precedents for future trades. PMC got some great trade volume and publicity today at the very least. Everything else is a bonus.

To jump from around 100th to 87th in a few hours on coinmarketcap is also pretty fantastic.

It might just be me, but I feel like the jump we saw today was just the beginning. In less than 12hrs we moved more coins than we have almost this entire week. As we climb in rank on Coinmarketcap I think the prices and volume will both rise. Could just be me though lol.  Grin

Well, it does at least show PMC's massive potential. The fact that I was actually holding 2.5 BTC worth of sellable PMC today didn't even phase me, and that's more BTC than all the other altcoins I have combined,.

There's also the fact that once all of these dumpers go away, other people aren't going to be will to throw them away at such a low price, but will probably sell if the price is right. Which isn't going to be anywhere near 3k satoshi.
Bergmannx

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:16:27 PM

anyone know how to safely have more than one wallet on the same computer? I'd like to open a new one for the charity instead of using mine with trade history already
Run Your favourite OS in a VM.
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 11:17:23 PM

anyone know how to safely have more than one wallet on the same computer? I'd like to open a new one for the charity instead of using mine with trade history already
not an easier way? =o
how about just on a different account on my windows machine?
I noticed everything was saved onto username/%appdata%, so would a new windows account safely store a 2nd wallet?
Nullu

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:17:57 PM

Yep. I had to figure out a way to do this for my Block Rewarder.

1: Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Premine and copy the entire folder. Paste a copy of it, and rename it to whatever you like. Go into that folder then delete the copied wallet.dat. You'll want to generate a new one. You need a seperate folder for this to work. Keep everything else in there.
2: Where your wallet qt exe is stored, create a shortcut of it.
3: Right click the shortcut and select properties. Where is says target, add this onto the end of the address; -datadir=C:\Users\users\AppData\Roaming\foldername

Mine looks like this;

C:\Wallets\premine_0.8.6-win32\premine-qt.exe -datadir=C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blockrewarder

Blockrewarder is my copy of my roaming data folder for Premine. I just delete the copy of the wallet so it generates a new one. Treat the wallet link as a seperate wallet.

Obviously don't delete your original wallet, and make a backup of your wallet before attempting this. I've also never ran both wallets at once. I have no idea what would happen. But running them on their own is fine.

Bergmannx

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:23:49 PM

not an easier way? =o
I noticed everything was saved onto username/%appdata%, so would a new windows account safely store a 2nd wallet?
Different user should do, too, I guess Grin
Do backups of Your wallets, as always  Wink
Nullu

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:25:24 PM

My method above works a treat. If you have any difficulties following my instructions let me know and I'll try to make it clearer. It's dead simple.  Grin

Or you could create a new wallet account and use the debug window command;

sendfrom <fromaccount> <topremineaddress>

Benezivas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:26:01 PM

My guess from observing Poloniex for the last hour: The guy that dumped into the 40k wall and set up his own wall at 33k to buy in again has now lowered his sellwall to 30k and is trying to push the others into selling into him by creating a few new offers gradually lowering the price. Keep in mind that there was no reasonable sell before this. Your thoughts?
Nullu

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:28:52 PM

My guess from observing Poloniex for the last hour: The guy that dumped into the 40k wall and set up his own wall at 33k to buy in again has now lowered his sellwall to 30k and is trying to push the others into selling into him by creating a few new offers gradually lowering the price. Keep in mind that there was no reasonable sell before this. Your thoughts?

Sounds like a typical tactic to increase your altcoin holdings by price manipulation. It's bound to happen eventually. All the more reason we need to get on bigger exchanges with higher volume to avoid these cheap tactics.

uasteel

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:28:58 PM

I think you're right about that. Someone is definitely up to something lol. I think I'm going to try and stop watching until tomorrow. By now there aren't many people willing to play that game so He's either going to have to dump, which we'll recover from, or just give up.
Benezivas

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:31:18 PM

I think you're right about that. Someone is definitely up to something lol. I think I'm going to try and stop watching until tomorrow. By now there aren't many people willing to play that game so He's either going to have to dump, which we'll recover from, or just give up.

Another tactic, which is more likely to happen: remove his buywall, dump his remaining coins, reset the buywall at a much lower price (now that the buy offers are gone) implying a lower price and thus gaining more coins.
Nullu

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:32:54 PM

Another tactic, which is more likely to happen: remove his buywall, dump his remaining coins, reset the buywall at a much lower price (now that the buy offers are gone) implying a lower price and thus gaining more coins.

People will manipulate the price up or down to suit their needs and desires.

There is one very simple tactic to avoid all this; keep your coins in your wallet and hold.  Wink

Benezivas

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:35:43 PM

There is one very simple tactic to avoid all this; keep your coins in your wallet and hold.  Wink

Good call, as with all coins: don't panic sell when the price drops. It will recover eventually and we are not on top of a pump here Wink
Nullu

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:37:41 PM

Good call, as with all coins: don't panic sell when the price drops. It will recover eventually and we are not on top of a pump here Wink

It's a fine line between being a bag holder and a weak hand, but basically if you feel emotional, walk away and take a breather. You need to think with your head. The first thing you should ask yourself when the price goes up or down is; why is the price going up or down? The second question is this; will it continue going up or down? The third question is; will the trend reverse?

You've got to learn to spot market manipulation from genuine trends. There's absolutely no reason for Premine to go down right now other than manipulation and low daily volume. Premine is in an extremely healthy state.

Bag holder - someone who holds their coins for too long as the continue to lose value and do not recover
Weak hand - someone who sells their coins when the price goes down expecting a trend when in fact it is a short term event and the trend reverses

hilgi

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:39:32 PM

I have noticed I get a lot of resistance from those who are more into finding quality coins over pop coins, the main reason is the name. They associate it with the negatives like Maxcoin, etc.

I wonder if a more appropriate and descriptive name would be Postmine? Since it is post mining and relying on tx fee's.
Bergmannx

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:40:56 PM

not an easier way? =o
Do backups of Your wallets, as always  Wink
Easiest way:
Create a copy of Your current wallet. Copy it to a save place.
Delete the wallet.dat.
Start the qt. It will create a new wallet. Copy it to a save place.
You got two wallet.dat files now. Exchange them whenever You need to. Bit risky, but works.
Benezivas

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:42:24 PM

Guess what just happened.
Nullu

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:43:03 PM

I have noticed I get a lot of resistance from those who are more into finding quality coins over pop coins, the main reason is the name. They associate it with the negatives like Maxcoin, etc.

I wonder if a more appropriate and descriptive name would be Postmine? Since it is post mining and relying on tx fee's.

I think the name is fine. Premine is a term. It's neither good or bad. People associate Premine with something negative, but in truth the majority of coins have one, and you can't get away with anything more than a 1% Premine now because people just won't stand for it, so I think the negative connotations are slowly dying away.

In truth changing the name would confuse a lot more people and make them ask a lot more questions. Premine is easy to explain. PMC isn't like other coins so it has to be explained. The name can also be explained.

I think the name is perfectly fine. We should embrace it and make it our own. We're already making a name for ourselves. Changing it now would be disastrous.

I think it's a gutsy move and the name really stands out. I like it just the way it is.

Nullu

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:44:15 PM

not an easier way? =o
Do backups of Your wallets, as always  Wink
Easiest way:
Create a copy of Your current wallet. Copy it to a save place.
Delete the wallet.dat.
Start the qt. It will create a new wallet. Copy it to a save place.
You got two wallet.dat files now. Exchange them whenever You need to. Bit risky, but works.

Yeah, I don't like that at all. It's cumbersome and you could mess up and copy the wrong wallet, overwrite one or god knows what else.

I posted a simple solution back a page;

My method above works a treat. If you have any difficulties following my instructions let me know and I'll try to make it clearer. It's dead simple.  Grin

Or you could create a new wallet account and use the debug window command;

sendfrom <fromaccount> <topremineaddress>

No need for an additional wallet. Just create a new address in your wallet and send your coins from that address.

Nullu

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:53:31 PM

Yeah, there is definitely some market manipulation going on at Poloniex now. Altcoins attract this sort of behavior when the price goes up.

My advice? If you have sells on the exchange, then sell damn high. Otherwise hang tight. Don't be fooled by market manipulators. Someone wants to get their hands on your valuable PMC. Don't let them get cheap PMC. The days of cheap PMC are over.

Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: