Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:58:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 [715] 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004145 times)
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:40:37 PM

market crashing again globally, what is the news ?

its the troubling water the market faces till 1 of august with all that news comeing every day bitcoin cash for example right now

and for ethereum those hacks almost every week arent helping
4 in a month is not helping trust

there is a hack
i guess it was garvin wood who made an explanation post and a few days later the same exploit is used for the next hack . and millions are gone .

POS is still not ready

and this icos are often slopy  coded that does not help feeling secure investing

profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:23:40 PM

Weak hands are getting out, don't worry they are sheeps.

The hardcore people just hold, and when the pullback comes we might even be richer than them, since they will probably not enter back at favorable price levels.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:30:50 PM

The hardcore people just hold, and when the pullback comes we might even be richer than them, since they will probably not enter back at favorable price levels.
hmm i wouldnt call them week
back at dao hack the devs posted almost hourly what they do to protect now you hear nothing
that gives no good feeling to enduser and with the history that most vips where invested in the doa and now they are not leaves a untasty feeling issnt it

MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:30:30 PM

Yea, I was to weak to hold when the price was near $400, but alas not all of can be as bullish as you.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:46:26 PM

back at dao hack the devs posted almost hourly what they do to protect now you hear nothing
that gives no good feeling to enduser and with the history that most vips where invested in the doa and now they are not leaves a untasty feeling issnt it

Developers do livestreams on Youtube every 2-3 weeks! Most technical aspects are discussed in those livestreams.
Fargusson

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:23:30 PM

Developers do livestreams on Youtube every 2-3 weeks! Most technical aspects are discussed in those livestreams.

Plus back in the time of the DAO, Ethereum was only a year old with no real mature application and many (most) projects relying on the DAO funds. Now the Ethereum ecosystem is a bit older, many dApps (including many which are not related whatsoever with the Core devs) are out there, sometimes crappily coded and (sometimes unrelated) independantly funded by ICOs.

That's why you can't rely on the Core devs team to save the day each time someone rushed into an ICO with poor (none) tech backend. Otherwise Ethereum wouldn't be a decentralized system anymore.

Finally, the Parity situation shows you that when a crucial part of the ecosystem is under attack, you'll always have some members of the community ready to help you out.

In conclusion: HODL (or trade at your own risks) !!!
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:40:14 PM

That is good, means that they are less important in the project as a whole, and it's more decentralized now.

Stop looking for authority figures to herd the sheep, that is just totally sheep mentality. Make your own independent decisions.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:21:47 AM

Plus back in the time of the DAO, Ethereum was only a year old with no real mature application and many (most) projects relying on the DAO funds. Now the Ethereum ecosystem is a bit older, many dApps (including many which are not related whatsoever with the Core devs) are out there, sometimes crappily coded and (sometimes unrelated) independantly funded by ICOs.

That's why you can't rely on the Core devs team to save the day each time someone rushed into an ICO with poor (none) tech backend. Otherwise Ethereum wouldn't be a decentralized system anymore.

Finally, the Parity situation shows you that when a crucial part of the ecosystem is under attack, you'll always have some members of the community ready to help you out.

So you indeed think that the Ethereum foundation White hackers were the once that save the day during the parity exploit, the hacker would have drained all the funds in that wallet but use his discretion just to prevent another hark fork. I still have a feeling their will be another major hack on Ethereum major wallet soon
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:23:13 AM

Learn Solidity programming

how to get started with Solidity for writing Ethereum smart contracts to advanced topics such as design patterns, tools to use and featured examples like coin creation, ICO or lottery.

1. Install Ethereum Wallet

2. Solidity Hello World with Ethereum Wallet

3. Lifecycle of a contract

4. Mapping and real life example lottery

5. Clean this code: functions modifiers

6. A contract to rule them all: factories

7. Inheritance in Solidity: build with bricks

Ethereum Dev – Solidity tutorials to build the future of applications https://t.co/dO9LxMzUKI
RXTRR

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:00:35 AM

ETH successfully split using updated splitter @ http://chainsplit.com/updated-eth-etc-split for those of you asking how to split after-fork coins  Wink
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:37:47 AM

and what do you all say about this ?

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/investreport/34-81207.pdf

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2017-131

i am not asking of a posible aftermath of the dao for slockit and curators

its clear now that exchanges need to make clear if a token is listed it has to pass SEC aprovement

i wonder what that will do to all the icos now running on eth and to the eth price

denam

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:47:43 AM

Many big investors are putting their stakes on Ethereum's future. In spite of all the recent uncertainties in the long run it is going to gain more value. For now it has already grown more than everyone expected. I do think next rally will be much more interesting whenever it will start by the end of this year or early next year at same time like this year.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:57:52 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 04:33:26 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

So you indeed think that the Ethereum foundation White hackers were the once that save the day during the parity exploit, the hacker would have drained all the funds in that wallet but use his discretion just to prevent another hark fork. I still have a feeling their will be another major hack on Ethereum major wallet soon

Surely, you are not serious? Perhaps, you mean tokens on the Ethereum Network who are implementing their own coding.

However, if I was one of running one of these token ICOs' - I would gain favour with Ethereum Foundation via making a contribution to development fund to ensure priority treatment in the case of a hack on the token's code.

Ensure the token investors are protected should the tokens coders not be up to scratch.  
pumz

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:08:21 AM

There isn't a single ICO which delivered whatever was promised till today. I see this thing a good step for user protection because only serious project will be out because of fear of facing legal issues. Ethereum is just smart contract provider and will not effected because it has vast industry to use its blockchain for smart contracts.
Aki4real

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:12:08 AM

There isn't a single ICO which delivered whatever was promised till today. I see this thing a good step for user protection because only serious project will be out because of fear of facing legal issues. Ethereum is just smart contract provider and will not effected because it has vast industry to use its blockchain for smart contracts.

We just have to wait for the first succesfull and fully developed dapp, that will contribute to the Ethereum ecosystem.
That will be a gamechanger
wenzuo

Activity: 318

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:48:15 AM

even after three years later, i can still imagine how difficult eth had experienced, now eth is widely known and accepted, but there are also other altcoin came out, may eth be the king to change the world

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
ethbringer

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:20:05 PM

hey, guys, i am unoffical ethbringer, i come here first time, but i will do my favor to promote ethereum   

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:11:22 PM

What did Ethereum Pumpers Forget to Tell You about "The Flippening"?

https://freedomnode.com/blog/81/what-did-ethereum-pumpers-forget-to-tell-you-about-the-flippening
Ano

Activity: 1148
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:24:15 PM

https://freedomnode.com/blog/81/what-did-ethereum-pumpers-forget-to-tell-you-about-the-flippening

Though is was published back in June but is very informative to understand some more points to take in consideration. I also will recommend everyone to read to see how matrix of marketcap actually works. Ethereum will keep growing in my opinion because of its usage which is seeing more expansion.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:07:47 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 08:24:28 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

Someone, did a post a few days ago showing that in terms of cash purchases - Ethereum cash purchases is equivalent to the next 19 main crypto-currencies put together.

Assuming, that post is correct - after Ethereum goes to POS, it will gradually overtake Bitcoin.

Minimal electricity and hardware costs, plus greater cash purchases equals a growing market cap.  

However, it will actually depend on the volume of ICOs on the Ethereum Network - since they do effectively sell down Ethereum in the short run, but this will be less of issue when the POW has ended.

Let's face facts, some miners are addicted to buying GPUs, they will sell down everything, so long as they can buy some more GPUs! LOL
Pages: « 1 ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 [715] 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: