Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:50:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2157 times)
bappydu

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:10:42 PM

Yes, worth manipulation will happen if somebody encompasses a heap of bitcoin. they decision them whales. even I've detected a rumor that there's a gaggle holding bitcoin terribly} very great deal, they'll manage the value on bitcoin.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:12:38 PM

The whales can decides to crash the market by bringing a huge amount of BTC to the market. There will be dip created and they will benefit as they will reenter the market and buy at the dip price. Is this not part of price manipulation.
felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:21:20 PM

As long as there are whales, manipulation is inevitable. The problem is how can be prevented such manipulations in a decentralized structure. As a result, no institution has the authority to control the market by itself. Exchanges may impose some sanctions to a certain extent, but I have no idea how useful would they be.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:28:08 PM

I think there is. They may not manipulate it directly but whales have their own way on how to dump and pump BTC's price. Poeple like them realy wants to take advantage just because they are the big players in crypto.

CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:31:27 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

It is really possible that someone or group of people are manipulating the price of bitcoin because they wnated to get or buy bitcoin at very low price and will suddenly pump and they will gain high profits. If this manipulation will go onto investigation, I beleive it will be hard to trace those people behind this considering that we are in virtual world, without knowing the real names of those people.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
King money

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:34:08 PM

I do not understand the price manipulation you are maximizing
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:44:04 PM

It's really possible, yes! That is one thing that worries the cryptocurrency market. Sometimes it might be due to a hack or it might also be the activity of people who hold a large chunk of a particular coin. Some group of people (call themselves pump and dump groups) can also manipulate the market
Webadasz

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:22:42 PM

some people use it in their own favor
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:39:24 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

already in the world there are many criminal cases to investigate manipulation! one of the last it was a couple of days ago in America! of course, since this market is very damp, people with large wallets use this and manipulate their durability! it is very profitable for them, now they buy at the bottoms, and after that they will sell at very high prices! everything will be fine, the main thing is not to panic!))

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Btcallans

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:49:21 PM

Well, I think this is highly possible since bitcoin supply is quite low compared to demands. Then those who are holding larger share of BTC can freely affect the price by dumping larger amount  of BTC that could possibly alarm some trader to panic selling.
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:18:02 PM

Now the US  thinks price manipulation of bitcoin is done by insiders traders of this future control financial institutions they want to regulate the institutional trading
andohyeb

Activity: 287

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

If price manipulation is possible as everyone agrees here, does it mean bitcoins no more depends on the demand and supply of it? I don't think some group of people somewhere called whales can do that, yes if they can, it is only temporal.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:55:53 PM

no price manipulation, we know that whales dominate and control part of the market price, but I think today they can not manipulate because the conditions are very extreme correction.

but, the US government suspects that there are actors who manipulate the market, so they conduct investigations, and the investigation includes spoofing practices.
Cult

Activity: 479

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 10:08:05 PM

I believe the market is often being manipulated, however these manipulations cannot affect the overall trend bitcoin is following. Also, there always is a chance of a black swan.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Stonetium

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:20:53 PM

Until some sort of "global regulation" exists, this is the easiest thing to price manipulate right now
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:22:50 PM

Yeah it happens. Mostly the whales do this. They move the price down whenever they feel like and pump it at will. This really isn't good enough for bitcoin. We heard of mtgox with huge amount of bitcoin stored and moved from one place to another. This news had major dip effect on the market and bitcoin price. We hope it stops very soon.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:38:26 AM

i dont know, the only what i know about manipulation price of bitcoin is the whales that own a large amount of bitcoin can manipulate markets
by selling their coin in huge amount. Then they come back to buy it later if peoples start to selling their coins because panic.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:41:54 AM

Basically that Bitcoin price will be very easy to manipulate, it is because Bitcoin price is sometimes pumped and dump by the whales.
They take advantage of the panic that happens. Yes it is commonplace to happen and manipulation is a common thing in the crypto world.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:52:00 AM

The market price of coin in exchange are different from one exchange to another, base on alt-coin that is trading and demand is little high, I have been experiencing the price manipulation on exchange
proearner12

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:59:11 AM

In real circumstances trading is not a pure zero-sum game. Exchanges fees, mining, hacking attacks, hard forks and fraud make this market unpredictable by game theory models. Yes, bitcoin and entire cryptocurrencies market can be manipulated. A government, Media, and Celebrities everyone is involved in price manipulation.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: