Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2152 times)
Vancomputer

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:41:03 PM

Sorry for the price, as far as I know, it depends on the market is quite large, what else? I'm new to hihihi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zach707

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:47:08 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
We may hate to admit it but yes, it is true that price manipulation really occurs in bitcoin and any other cryptocurrencies. Whales that have huge amount of capital can really run the show if they want at any time. They have connection and influence to the media that anytime they want bitcoin's price to drop they just release negative news to create FUD.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:49:14 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
As far as I know those big players can manipulate the price of bitcoin after bitcoin soars those big players will dump their bitcoins and they will make negative news about bitcoin so it gives FUD to the other users and after the panic selling they used the chance to buy again and this became a cycle.
theyRmose

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:12:28 AM

Yes, it can happen. Some big guys come by buying large amounts of bitcoin, HODL, selling at high prices, then leaving. When whales come the price will jump, and this is what attracts beginner investors to bitcoin.
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:51:50 AM

Yes, I think it may occur. Base on the price trend starting January it has an identical trend which is so controversial. If you observe this someone is dropping the price down so that panic time will happen.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
jshealth

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:05:58 AM

I think it must be better called as cartel formation in bitcoins which works to move prices of bitcoins for profit.
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:24:58 AM

Indeed, Manipulation is very likely in the world of crypto currencies that have the potential for manipulation. Price manipulation is often done by someone or a group of people in order for them to benefit greatly by playing an intelligent strategy to make the supply and demand in the market happen naturally. Actually, they play supply and demand in the market. They do this strategy with a planned. This happens like a chain. They will drop the price again when they have achieved what they want.
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:28:12 AM

An example of manipulation in the bitcoin market could be seen the day before yesterday. It was bought out by one order on the market for about a thousand bitcoins and the price went up by 7700, then this one was also merged into the market, but the price remained at the level of 7650-7700.
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:14:46 PM

Bitcoin prices can be manipulated in the sense that they are not in the fox ranges from 150 million to 170 million, but the manipulation here sets the price. We all know the price of bitcoin depends on supply and demand, the more people who want to buy the higher the price, and vice versa. Now that a strong question whether a billionaire world do it? no, so bad news is needed to create panic and good news to attract buyers.
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:18:18 PM

Could you provide a link or information where they really investigate such criminals for manipulating the price of bitcoin? I don't think you or they can just call them as criminals when manipulating prices? Price manipulation is always there when you are on the top of all, that's why most of the users are trading with cautions and not just those weak-handed traders.
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:23:45 PM

At the end of October bitcoin gold was put on the market. Initially, around the currency flared unthinkable excitement. However, gradually it fades and you need to think carefully before deciding whether to buy bitcoin gold. Experts are sure that, as well as in bitcoin cache, this currency has a fairly high potential
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:30:27 PM

I think that it is only possible when someone has a big amount of bitcoin and they are selling in moment that they think it is able to just make price go down, but only in this case it is possible to manipulate price for me.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

cryptoflyer

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:33:13 PM

Obviously, the market is being manipulated. The main exchanges can largely influence Bitcoin futures spot price cause they are actually the reference for futures contracts. The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) just accused Coinbase, Kraken and Bitstamp of big market manipulation. That's one of the reason of today's flash crash.

Source:
https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/06/10/what-caused-a-flash-crypto-crash-to-wipe-15-billion-out-in-just-two-hours/
https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/06/09/cftc-demands-data-from-exchanges-related-to-bitcoin-price-manipulation-investigation/

sepeda karat

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:13:34 PM

price manipulation can occur if a person has many bitcoins. they call them whales. In fact I've heard rumors that there are groups that hold very large amounts of bitcoin, they can control the market price on bitcoin.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:51:09 PM

actually, the price manipulation doubt many have and mainly these bitcoin futures are doing many feel now the truth will come out soon
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:57:29 PM

There is no criminal price manipulation, the only way for the price of bitcoins to be manipulated is through creating fud or people are going to create fake news in order to reduce the number of investors in the market.
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:12:27 AM

Yes, manipulating bitcoin is very possible - though and unless if you have a sufficiently big amount of bitcoin in store. It is advantageous for the individual or group, who does not want a favorable price when you need them. If you have the power and that power gets you profit, why not right?
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:29:53 AM

Basically, if you really have a big volume of coin you might affect the price of the coin in the market. I believe that it is not manipulation but jist a short term effect on the coin's value. Surely in no time tge price will eventually recover and continue to go on it's way. Changes might happen but no really haa the full control over it.

Agreed, someone with a big stack could just be selling and influence the market, but does not mean he is trying to manipulate the price.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:44:56 AM

Price manipulation is actually very possible especially in the world of cryptocurrencies because these so called whales can push and pull the prices in the market. Investors that have hodled a portion of the circulating coins in the market.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:54:28 PM

Prices can only be manipulated when a large amount of bitcoin gets into the hands of few people, usually whales. They may control prices by making the prices dip when they suddenly begin to sell a lot of their bitcoin at very comparatively low prices so they can buy more bitcoin. They can also buy a lot of bitcoin suddenly with a relatively higher bid to raise prices.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: