Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2156 times)
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:23:26 AM

Prices can only be manipulated when a large amount of bitcoin gets into the hands of few people, usually whales. They may control prices by making the prices dip when they suddenly begin to sell a lot of their bitcoin at very comparatively low prices so they can buy more bitcoin. They can also buy a lot of bitcoin suddenly with a relatively higher bid to raise prices.
Yet, we are aware of that and we can't stop them since they have power to take such action. Crypto investment is somewhat similar to local ,form of investment, still manipulation is present. That's why we just accept these cause that is really we are.
Bugsbey

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:28:56 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
I think price manipulation for bitcoin is possible. Those big investors can do it since they have the power to store large amount of bitcoin in their hands and at the same time release them the time they wanted. As a result it can affect the market's supply and demand.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:56:13 AM

Prices can only be manipulated when a large amount of bitcoin gets into the hands of few people, usually whales. They may control prices by making the prices dip when they suddenly begin to sell a lot of their bitcoin at very comparatively low prices so they can buy more bitcoin. They can also buy a lot of bitcoin suddenly with a relatively higher bid to raise prices.

The first one you are talking about is the shake out which is usually occurring in a support and they will further push the prices down so that the traders who put stop losses below the support would be liquidated and then it will give them more liquidity so that they can buy more bitcoin at a lower price. This is just one of the price manipulation strategy but there are various type of it in the market. One of the most famous is the pump and dump wherein whales or even a group of traders would buy a coin simultaneously to make the price higher and attract more people to buy it and when the price is higher, they would sell their position and those who bought at the top would be left behind.

You can take a look at this video explaining the different types of price manipulation in the market and further understand their purpose and how they've done it. It will help you as well to detect those manipulation so that you can avoid it or take advantage from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If8ZM8GkThg

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:11:20 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
Yeah, I think its possible because people also are involve, they can pump or dump the price of bitcoin like big whales investor. If many people use bitcoin i think manipulation of bitcoin are minimize, although im not sure if this happen. last year the bitcoin is pump, and now the bitcoin is low,, i think investors manipulate the price of bitcoin. I think this is reality in bitcoin market, if you are businessman you need profit.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:24:44 AM

Price manipulation is everywhere in business except there is a strict check to prevent or reduce it. Otherwise, we will continue to see this. It's not a new development and it isn't with cryptocurrency alone. What about the Forex market where brokers make themselves market markers or the whales playing the industry like elephants. Anyway, let's just keep our fingers crossed and see what comes out of that investigation as a way to strengthening this budding industry.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:45:01 AM

Can price manipulation be possible? Ain't what you're thinking is a pump and dump scheme? In order for those who bought cheap stocks to sell high, they trick investors into saying things that'd arouse their mind buying their stocks at a high price. I think can be also a form of price manipulation.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 08:03:11 AM

Manipulation happens everytime price chart hits the resistance or support line. Dont be dismayed if there are so many price manipulation. This thing is also common in Forex and stockmarket. I know the whales will surely push Bitcoin price on its dip. So I decided to sell my holdings and hedge it to USD. Will rebuy all once BTC hits $4k or $3k.

forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:42:48 PM

False information, it can't be manipulation by some person, a never heard before about that things, only trande can be cause of up or down

squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:46:42 PM

I'm pretty sure whales have done this. I mean buying a whole lot of crypto currency in one go then jisy selling it all off so to decrease the market value has been happening all around. But it's a good thing thay someone is actually cracking this down. I really want to invest more on crypto currency but never when big shots actually bullies small investors.

rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:07:35 PM

Price manipulation is paet of market,There are many reasons behind the price fluctuations,One of major reason there is group of whale who inject or withdraw inveatment which effect the market and results fluctuations.So if situation take you in crash need to show patience and hold till find best moment where maximize the profit.
Remedios19

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:22:32 PM

Yes, this is happen specially for those large holder of bitcoin.
MGBloomz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:29:59 PM

This could be possible as those the early adopters of this bitcoin had already enough quantity of coins that can manipulate the market price. Although it's normal in every business that some will take advantage on the situation. This is all about business.

Ch01ce0N3

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:04:17 AM

I think it could happen, even if its possibilities are very thin. However, bad people, criminals, they will work hard to commit crimes and manipulate.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:14:57 AM

Those people that have concentrated almost all Bitcoins in their hands can easily manipulate the price of the cryptocurrency. They affect the market situation a lot.
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:15:33 AM

That is constantly happening in all situation I guess especially for large stakeholders. There are price manipulation in every percentage of each involved at staking. And this should pose proper implementation whether if it was a crime or not in all fairness.
LKingLion

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:10:14 AM

There are we call whales that have the capacity to control and manipulate the price. They can do whatever they should do to have a decent profit than any other. They gonna want profit and not lose. The price manipulation can be point out to manipulator of crypto price.
Dancobit

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:25:12 AM

Yes, it is like that, the examination of spoofing practices, in which an investor makes clear orders to manipulate drug prices, and flood the market with fake orders, reports citing people who know about it on Thursday.
tuikindu01

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:27:43 AM

I think bitcoin manipulation could happen. So investigating the manipulation of bitcoin is a long-term boon for us retail investors.

I believe there will be a very big increase after this sharp drop.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:08:01 AM

You are right OP this has happened before. Price manipulation can happen anytime, today, tomorrow, or the day after. The point is unpredictable, maybe only an insider who knows about this incident perfectly, meaning colonies (big whales).

In this case I can only hope that an investigation by the US Department of Justice can find market participants who have manipulated the price of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:43:36 AM

Anything that can make the market change in an instant in terms of prices can be considered as manipulation. Usually, whales can easily do these because they have the power and money to do so. Whenever they will see the market turning green and they can see a profit if they sold their huge amount of bitcoin, they will see it as a good opportunity to sell and then buy later on when the price is so low then wait again for the perfect time to sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: