Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2156 times)
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:59:59 PM

Possible the group of whales can manipulate bitcoin price they can dump and pump whatever they like, there is nothing we can do, but we can join the game of whales.

w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:15:12 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

Price manipulation is possible. If you are an influential personality in crypto and by just spreading news, announcement, and information, it can greatly affect the market demand of a certain altcoin or even bitcoin. There are also whales who hold a big bag of cryptocurrency which can affect the price of crypto.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:21:49 PM

Actually it's happening now. I do not know whether a person or a group but I know that it is now being controlled. So we see today the sudden downturn and the rise. Maybe if it does not control the price increases and we will all be happy.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:30:08 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
Yeah it is possible mostly the big players do this kind of tricks they going to sold their bitcoin at the peek price then they will spread negative new to make FUD to then it can cause by panic it always happen and as expected it is part of bitcoin industry.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:32:23 PM

There is a news before in the past few months that there are hackers in korea who change the prices in the market which leads the dumping of prices in the market, so i think that cryptocurrency can be manipulated if the hacker is really good in programming.
virarara

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:54:07 PM

I think something like never happened, where some people or organizations try to manipulate bitcoin prices. Maybe it's done for their personal gain or a strategy in finding new enthusiasts bitcoin.
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:54:16 PM

Yeah many whales are there waiting for any opportunity to manipulate the market price. Those people that has huge amount of bitcoin can ride the market situation into a bearish as they can dumps their coins to shaken the newbie and create a panic selling of their coins.
techbill

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:17:48 PM

This would be a good use of the government. Actually working for the people. Though of course I prefer them to stay away. But this is good.
In terms of volatility right ? We can sure say it is good since at least there is a lot to benefit from it, but for the good of the market and maturity of the market, it is not good one bit. So many times, there would be a pattern that most manipulators will purposely bring up just to make traders hop in but in reality, all they plan is to screw them over and in a way even activate stop losses in their favor which to me is not a good thing. The market does not move based on usage or real life usage, but based on how some set of people who have upper hand just want it to move, which is really not good.

It's a good thing based on what big players do in order to screw others for their gain. I don't think governments can't stop completely, or any real significant way, but at least it's something.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:48:41 PM

Many people think that the current price is the result of manipulation, but I think the price is happening is the reality that happened, because for the price manipulation of course required a very large capital so it is a crazy idea if people believe with it.
Angi

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:02:47 AM

It is. but the price value is only depend on investors because investors can manipulate the value of bitcoins whether they pump it or dump it so the one who can manipulate it is us users and investors but not real manipulation.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:17:43 AM

Actually it's happening now. I do not know whether a person or a group but I know that it is now being controlled. So we see today the sudden downturn and the rise. Maybe if it does not control the price increases and we will all be happy.
Market today are hardly to predict prices nor we say that it always on the way of growing but it sadly that falling of prices is very often today. Not only market manipulation makes these things but there is another one 'that still need to discover.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:37:26 AM

It happened before and still happening now. Whales or those who hold tons of bitcoin. If you notice when someone release or sell a large amount of a coin it greatly affects the price. This is the same with other cryptocurrency as it is not regulated.

Even Satoshi Nakamoto should be considered a whale. Because if he still has access to those bitcoins he can greatly affect the current price.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:02:54 AM

All who work with crypto and trade know that this market is manipulated by big players and exchanges, in particular Bitfinex by issue millions of Tether.
Yeah I'm also still confused by this problem. we know before the price rose so high up to $19k and then it can go down very deep to $6k just by speculation and issues like ban using bitcoin? #wth. I don;t know it's manipulation or not. but many people say that manipulation may have been done by the whales
morex0123

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:07:03 AM

Yes i really believed that there are people behind the huge fluctuation of bitcoin that affected also other cryptocurrency and i think they are rich people who influence the market so i suggest to some bitcoin holder is to keep your bitcoin to lessen the demand so market price increases again.

For me, I never get affected if there's a price manipulation involved in crypto business industry. If I am a big investor, I will grab or take the advantage on the positive side of any downtrend or uptrend of price. Its only part of the game in crypto. So better take the chance to buy at cheaper price when market price falls down.
Anhmai

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:09:30 AM

You can see it by the end of 2017 when the price of bitcoin is pushed up to $ 20000 then hit bottom at $ 6000
Gadhoh

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:57:33 AM

it is true we know that price increases can be determined by the volality as well as the number of investors and the price can be manipulated by large investors by storing large-scale or large-scale appeals that will directly affect the price.
insikko0413

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:13:55 AM

Yes i really believed that there are people behind the huge fluctuation of bitcoin that affected also other cryptocurrency and i think they are rich people who influence the market so i suggest to some bitcoin holder is to keep your bitcoin to lessen the demand so market price increases again.
blogardianz

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:56:41 AM

Actually, that is possible that the price of Bitcoin was manipulated.
But I don't think it will be investigated by the law enforcement.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:57:41 AM

It actually happens, since the market of bitcoin basically follows the law of ethics. "Supply and Demand" and this can be easily manipulated by the whales traders. If they will be selling or purchasing together then the price might suddenly drops or goes up. Tho I think even if they will find out that this is really happening they can't put charges to those traders.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:54:38 AM

Price manipulation is normal in the market of the cryptocurrencies because we can't deny that there are people who are wealthier than us, who have a lot of money compared to us so they are called as whales in the market which have the advantage in the market because of their money and the thing that we can do right now is to hold if we are stuck at a coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: