Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:07:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2156 times)
Babyhouse

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:37:53 AM

This indeed occur in cryptocurrency market. Whale do exists.
embargo

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:21:49 AM

Manipulation with prices for bitcoin is not only possible, but it already happens. Since the sale of futures for bitcoins, thanks to which you can either raise or lower the price. We can say that bitcoin is a decentralized network, but reality is completely different.
jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:42:17 AM

Yea it is possible. When you think about it, if you have large amount of anything you had then your choice or any immediate decision would cause the market change dramatically. They called those persons as a whales which group of a big name in this field.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:50:26 AM

manipulation of the price could be possible especially if people which a huge money do this, I think they can move the price into one price level and then get to the price before. but it should need a big money to moves and not all people can do this. but personally, I really don't know about this since I am not too often to trade for a few days or a few weeks ago so I think I don't know much info about this.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:23:09 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
I think price manipulation for bitcoin is possible. Those big investors can do it since they have the power to store large amount of bitcoin in their hands and at the same time release them the time they wanted. As a result it can affect the market's supply and demand.
Yeah it is possible and I think that in this day whales are trying to hold maximum bitcoins and due to their price manipulation the price is decreasing day by day. I doubt that the previous year pump was also due to big investor’s manipulation. The price reached to $20000 and they made thousands of dollars. On the peak they sold their holding and price collapsed at once.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:31:48 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

yep, there are things inside the cryptosphere that are hard to explain in details - like the price manipulation. It is also hard to accuse somebody without hard data... but there aint really something that money can't buy, for anything else there is mastercard.

ha ha. What I mean was, these exchanges could possibly falsify the volume, and the cap can always be pumped by money makers. but of course, without data, this is just another fake news.
kisscoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:44:53 AM

Everything can be possible in our life! The goal of the government is to prevent the financial independence of ordinary people, changes in the distribution of wealth is not in their pozu, so they do everything that bitcoin has fallen or completely depreciated. I'm sure they won't succeed! The time of oligarchs comes to naught, as well as all currency ruling nowadays in the form of dollar and Euro... Every bitcoins!  Wink
sunanbonang

Activity: 242
Merit: 1

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:17:50 AM

to manipulate prices requires enormous funds, perhaps tens of millions or even hundreds of millions of USD. we can only avail by buying bitcoins at cheap prices.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:31:42 AM

manipulation of the price could be possible especially if people which a huge money do this, I think they can move the price into one price level and then get to the price before. but it should need a big money to moves and not all people can do this. but personally, I really don't know about this since I am not too often to trade for a few days or a few weeks ago so I think I don't know much info about this.
I even saw a video of someone who acknowledged that the price movement of kriptocurrency can be manipulated by a group of people who have big capital and they can join certain organizations so that they can simultaneously affect market price movements; they can deliberately drop the market by simultaneously putting the price on point lowest
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:13:11 AM

Prices can only be manipulated when a large amount of bitcoin gets into the hands of few people, usually whales. They may control prices by making the prices dip when they suddenly begin to sell a lot of their bitcoin at very comparatively low prices so they can buy more bitcoin. They can also buy a lot of bitcoin suddenly with a relatively higher bid to raise prices.
Yet, we are aware of that and we can't stop them since they have power to take such action. Crypto investment is somewhat similar to local ,form of investment, still manipulation is present. That's why we just accept these cause that is really we are.
Yes whales are big problem in this market. They manipulate the price in the market. When they hold a large amount of bitcoin they manipulate the price and set a price according to their well. They collect maximum of profit from bitcoin investment and small investors often lose their money due to manipulation. Many people do not know anything about manipulation.
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:47:44 AM

Maybe yes or maybe not Im not sure if there is a possibility to manipulate the bitcoin price. Only one that I know that could possibly manipulate the price is the stock holder like company's that has an ally an stock holders also. But it is only my opinion and prediction.
doroshok2

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:56:03 AM

That's possible. There is no precise information. Rumor has it. And if you think about it, it's possible that so-called whales can control the price. But mostly the price depends on the market.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Triwiyono

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:01:19 PM

I don't know for sure, but I think there is a price manipulation that occurs in bitcoin prices. it maybe hard to find who can manipulate bitcoin prices because it is not do by 1 person, but in doing with some people or groups that have the same purpose.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
topkhai

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:07:57 PM

Some people find that many examples of price manipulation occur only because the market is very fragile for a variety of hidden cryptoes, including Bitcoin. If Bitcoin wants to be taken seriously, it may not be this easy or legal to manipulate the market. While decentralization should supersede the rules, it is clear that there is still a way to do it before taken seriously
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:15:58 PM

Basically, if you really have a big volume of coin you might affect the price of the coin in the market. I believe that it is not manipulation but jist a short term effect on the coin's value. Surely in no time tge price will eventually recover and continue to go on it's way. Changes might happen but no really haa the full control over it.

Agreed, someone with a big stack could just be selling and influence the market, but does not mean he is trying to manipulate the price.
Someone with a big stack selling is obviously selling and that is not a problem, but when you start seeing spoofing on the order book, or wash trading, or some sort of ways to deceive other people so as to dump on them and gain from maybe their stop loss or something, then, that is where the main problem is going to be and that is where manipulation of prices do come in.

Yes, some traders can change their mind when trying to make an order, but the truth is that a lot of manipulation is done in this market, and most traders would definitely have noticed that.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pellor mas

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:26:12 PM

I do not know exactly what has happened, because I think the price is always like this. Anyway if there are some things being manipulated about the price, I hope this will be resolved soon.
Pinoyfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:49:48 PM

The real manipulator of bitcoin is bitcoin whales they controlling the value of bitcoin on a biggest population, but its value that twenty years ago. The only thing I support that they can be used in a new way of cryptocurrency or bitcoin. The first thing for you have a great way.
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:53:04 PM

I do not know exactly what has happened, because I think the price is always like this. Anyway if there are some things being manipulated about the price, I hope this will be resolved soon.
It’s never easy to clearly divine the reasons why Bitcoin’s value goes where it goes,which may be why regulators are worried about price manipulation,but selloffs tend to follow prominent hacks and regulatory clampdowns.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:59:57 PM

I think price manipulation for bitcoin is possible. Those big investors can do it since they have the power to store large amount of bitcoin in their hands and at the same time release them the time they wanted. As a result it can affect the market's supply and demand.
Not like it is possible, it is being done every day. This is a speculative market and the fact is that the whales do take advantage of it a lot and try as much as possible to gain huge position and make a lot of money with it.

It is nor a regulated market, so things like this should be expected but the investigation that is being done goes right, and we get to see some regulations in place to limit or eliminate things like this, then it would really be a great advantage for the space as we either get to see a real non manipulated uptrend or a downtrend.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:02:20 PM

Yes there are price manipulation with those big whales or pool of investors doing day trading and that is not good for those who are planning to go on long term investment because the market price increase is not good meaning to say it will slow down on the market price increase due to this day traders that taking every chance to earn using a system that will let them sleep and just automatically let them trade by the use of the system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: