Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2156 times)
Elmughni

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:52:38 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

Yes, I think price manipulation can happen if someone has a lot of bitcoin. they call them whales. In fact I've heard rumors that there are groups that hold very large amounts of bitcoin, they can control the market price on bitcoin. But I still believe that the current happening is a market correction. I believe bitcoin will more stable.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:59:56 AM

No there is no crypto price manipulation but there is price adjustment that will happen every time because of the people doing day trading. If you have observe the crypto market price it is constantly moving and huge investors or it could be a pool of investors are doing trading. This will result to market price volatility. And not only that some of them are using a system that has a program on it that you can make a script on when to trade and hold. Surely profit there is with that system.
BitProCoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:41:58 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized market so no one have the control of it but the people who are holding the larger part of the crypto currencies can manipulate it by changing the demand and supply.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:42:06 AM

I always thought that there's someone behind Bitcoin who manipulate or controls things. we may think it's decentralized but at the back of our minds we always think, who are those people. sooner or later we will all find out who are those people behind this manipulation.

Those people that have already concentrated the majority of Bitcoins and some other leading cryptocurrencies in their hands can easily manipulate the market.
But of course they do not hold as much as the remaining people hold so even if they try to manipulate the prices, they will not be able to do so if the remaining people do not change their behaviors towards the changes in the market brought about by the Whales.

The market looks at the behavior of the investors and changes accordingly. Also no matter how much the price drops, we will never loose if we do not follow the red market.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:19:32 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
Yes price manipulation is possible. These are being executed by whales. they interfere with market behavior which may mislead the other investors. I believe this kind of events must be thoroughly investigated because this might ruin the integrity of Bitcoin and this is punishable by the law.

yes for me also it should be investigated by who? We are all anonymous here as of now so even the government agency would be hard for them to investigate it specially if the whales can play with the flow of the market.
Price will manipulate by the demand rate which is increasing these days due to the market of Bitcoin which has low value around 6.8k dollar which is achievable and affordable for common person. So the market is recording a huge traffic these days and we will see the reaction soon. The demand of people with huge investments will quickly manipulate the market of Bitcoin.
geminasy

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:28:37 AM

How will they track investment done from other countries ? Do you think all countries will cooperate in this investigation ?
Elrozaq

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:06:21 PM

Yes It's true. Of course that's happened a lot. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are great places to earn a lot of money if you know how to trade. People who have a lot of money can try to manipulate the market by selling lots of crypto. That's in my opinion.
tikanurqaidah

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:14:55 PM

Bitcoin and altcoin prices are calculated based on sales and purchases. Moreover, there are investors I think it is impossible to happen such a thing. prices can only be determined by demand and offerings. automatically the price will follow. often the occurrence of inflation in cryptocurrency thus. supply and demand can be said to be unbalanced. if many bidding requests are less likely to result in coin prices will rise, on the contrary if less demand but many offers resulted in the price of coins will fall
lol1yatme

Activity: 200

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:33:29 AM

Manipulation is all over the place. I concur that value control on the cryptocurrency on the market even in this present reality market. These individuals do the control of the business sectors called whales with a great deal of bitcoin, influence, money. The legislature should utilize their power to adjust and rise to ideal to available for everybody. I have faith in our discussion we have manipulator of the value of a few coins.
This isn’t new thing. Bitcoin and other altcoins are doing amazing in the world now. They are offering different chances to everyone to get into this world and make money with these easy methods. But the problem comes when some haters don’t allow this to be happen. They start making bad plans and manipulating things. Like you have said, celebrities often become source of discouragement.
Eigig

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:40:39 AM

Manipulation is all over the place. I concur that value control on the cryptocurrency on the market even in this present reality market. These individuals do the control of the business sectors called whales with a great deal of bitcoin, influence, money. The legislature should utilize their power to adjust and rise to ideal to available for everybody. I have faith in our discussion we have manipulator of the value of a few coins.
This isn’t new thing. Bitcoin and other altcoins are doing amazing in the world now. They are offering different chances to everyone to get into this world and make money with these easy methods. But the problem comes when some haters don’t allow this to be happen. They start making bad plans and manipulating things. Like you have said, celebrities often become source of discouragement.
The price manipulation can be  charge to that bitcoin sector the whales , because they have the biggest capital of investment in bitcoin, and if they move the price value of coin in the voin market will be change really, but this is just speculations there are no proofs that is surfing ,that this whales are manipulating the market.
Eijrafarm

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:21:10 AM

Yes, manipulation is really true. A group of people called " whales" are the one whose behind this controversial price dump and sudden pump. Let's just hope that word decentralized won't be erased because of this people.
indog

Activity: 208

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:49:09 AM

Maybe, the existence of unlimited bitcoin rules, everyone is free for his actions against bitcoin, unlike a stock or commodity transaction. We just wait for the next action

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:47:58 AM

It may be Wall Street's capitalists doing BTC price manipulation!
Here brought together a large amount of capital in the world, Wall Street capitalists short Bitcoin by designing bitcoin futures contracts!
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:03:52 AM

Yes price manipulation is possible. These are being executed by whales. they interfere with market behavior which may mislead the other investors. I believe this kind of events must be thoroughly investigated because this might ruin the integrity of Bitcoin and this is punishable by the law.

yes for me also it should be investigated by who? We are all anonymous here as of now so even the government agency would be hard for them to investigate it specially if the whales can play with the flow of the market.

It will be hard to track though wallets, but maybe its true that cryptocurrency are being used for drug laundering but there are a lot of people today that are being helped by cryptocurrency on their financial problems so government should not ban bitcoins because everyone will be affected.
The market demand is low and the value of Bitcoin reached at 6.8k dollar but today the demand rate dropped more and the price dropped is 6.1k dollar.

A common person can afford it very easily which makes the market recording a big traffic and which will show its reaction with a quick response soon. With huge investment and with the demand of people the market will manipulate soon and quickly.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:43:23 AM

It may be Wall Street's capitalists doing BTC price manipulation!
Here brought together a large amount of capital in the world, Wall Street capitalists short Bitcoin by designing bitcoin futures contracts!
This is the big problem in the crypto world. Big investors manipulate the price according to their well and when they want to buy the price decreases to its bottom and when they want to sell the price reaches to the sky. For low investors it is not good and mostly small investors lose their money due to such manipulation.
Kamote29

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:11:21 AM

We cannot say that there is a price manipulation. We know how the volatile the bitcoin value. We cannot assure or if there are way to manipulate the the price or the value of bitcoin. We must have a proof whether they are manipulating or not. Lets not be to dependent on news or even on social media.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:16:25 PM

of course its possible. finance is influenced by human psychology. The easiest way to influence people is to manipulate them. speculation is the biggest weapon to attract investors.
At the moment, some are buying from the cheapest level. they will make good speculation and raise prices later on. and they will sell what they buy cheaply on their hands at a high price.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

We cannot say that there is a price manipulation. We know how the volatile the bitcoin value. We cannot assure or if there are way to manipulate the the price or the value of bitcoin. We must have a proof whether they are manipulating or not. Lets not be to dependent on news or even on social media.
We can not provide certain evidence because there is no evidence to be found that a person is manipulating. but we know that
prices can be manipulated by setting buy and ask. and some users who have large capital can do that. but there is no evidence for that
aspalela

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:06:14 PM

If I think price manipulation is normal that occurs in the market because our Crypto currency can not deny that there are people who are richer than us, but If they will sell or buy together then the price may suddenly go down or up, I think even if they will know that this is really happening they can not afford the cost to the merchants, who who have an advantage in the market because of their money and the thing we can do now is survive if we get stuck in coin for now.
bristlefront

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:58:10 PM

Whales could manipulate it since they have a large amount of bitcoin and once it trades on a certain exchange with an enough volume, if the holder has the largest contribution to the exchange's volume, it could control the bitcoins price and it also applies for altcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: