Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2156 times)
dragontigear

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:41:55 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
[/quote

yes, i believe that theres a big possibility of a price manipulation made by some rich people trying to destruct the image of bitcoin in the market so that once the pruce decreasing they can buy more coins to hold  and to wait for the market recovery
cpkozak

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:02:03 PM

Whales could manipulate it since they have a large amount of bitcoin and once it trades on a certain exchange with an enough volume, if the holder has the largest contribution to the exchange's volume, it could control the bitcoins price and it also applies for altcoins.

What you say is true. Just a little action like transferring a large number of BTCs from a cold wallet to a trading floor will also have a positive impact on the market price.
Zachwolf

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:13:20 PM

price manipulation is common, and this is often done by those who have a lot of money and have data from bitcoin buyers by desperately placing lots of holder to sell their tokens and then buy as much bitcoin to reap huge profits when prices rise drastically
and this is a fact for old players in bitcoin

Because of the ugly situation in the market of crypto currency some says that it is manipulated. In fact it is the competition of prices of token sale in the marketplace.
Pandu Gleen

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:33:13 PM

It seems that it's caused by large-scale buyers and buying at prices that do not match the prices that exist on the market, maybe that's affecting the price to look like manipulated. That's in my opinion.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:05:00 AM

It seems that it's caused by large-scale buyers and buying at prices that do not match the prices that exist on the market, maybe that's affecting the price to look like manipulated. That's in my opinion.
Those big buyers or players in the market that are buying with a huge volume of capital are called whales. The whales in the market are the one who are manipulating the market and putting abnormality growth or movement in the market which is an activity that they do for their own selves because they want to create a faster profit.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:31:25 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

I am believe this never happen in cryptocurrency market. I think cryptocurrency market is most transparant market compare with others market like stocks market or others. In stock market, price can be manipulated with insider trading information or others but can not happen in cryptomarket
megatrix

Activity: 217
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:59:35 AM

I think it is possible, given that there are some rich businessmen called whales who are somewhat trying to manipulate the price of Bitcoin in creating pumps and and dumps, which is allowing them to lead the price to where they want it to be, unfortunately this is for their own selfish gains only. It is actually creating more FUDs hence, contributing to the failure of Bitcoin's value and price due to the decreasing interest of the public to it.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
darkangelosme

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:06:11 AM

That is the sad reality of crypto dude, there is some big investors in crypto or what we called whales they can truly manipulate the market, if they wants to pump it they can pump it and if they wants to dump it they can dump it also, there is nothing we can do about it unless the governments would intervene which is I think is also a bad ide.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:36:33 AM

That is the sad reality of crypto dude, there is some big investors in crypto or what we called whales they can truly manipulate the market, if they wants to pump it they can pump it and if they wants to dump it they can dump it also, there is nothing we can do about it unless the governments would intervene which is I think is also a bad ide.
There is nothing we can do but to learn how to play with them. Whales are very powerful in terms of controlling the trend of the market so it is best to learn how they play and observe their moves and how they are going to execute their plays so if we will know that then we can go with the flow with them and get a higher chance for making a profit.
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:09:49 AM

I do not know if price manipulation ever happened before, but I think if there is any price manipulation on cryptocurrency market. some investors with very large amounts of money, maybe can control the market price of crypto, can manipulate easily to make prices rise or fall very quickly and very volatile. because then the big investors can make huge profits. I do not know exactly what happened, it's only my opinion that if the price manipulation of the ceypto market exists.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:30:49 AM

US government are into this case,they are doing investigations regarding this matter that has been an big issue for how long now.because many believe that prices are manipulated seems like they are doing this kind to favor them and taker advantage from someone whos believing in price movement and in the end will lead for them to be trapped in low value whe they bought the coins from higherprices
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:50:07 AM

I don't know if manipulation is a crime but some of this manipulation has been confirmed like they found out that Mt.Gox selling lot of Bitcoins last January and it was revealed thru series of investigations that they are the reason on why from Bitcoin ATH $19,800 it falls down as low as $9,000. For me this kind of act is a manipulation of price that they have just caught and try to reason out that their exchanges was hacked and the hackers sold the huge Bitcoins amount but for me they are one of the big whales who manipulated Bitcoin price to pump up then after the ATH they will just sell it easily.
pivxmen

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:18:19 AM

Yes it has already happened to bitcoin and in the crypto market. the increase I see is not fair as they raise prices and lower prices quickly
nolestiket

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 06:24:50 AM

The market of crypto-currency has a very small capitalization because of this it is very easy to manipulate. In favor of this theory indicates that recently there were a lot of good news but the rate on the contrary fell

reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:54:45 AM

I think its true behind the speculation of price manipulation of some rich investors who wants to buy cryptocurrency in a very cheap price so that they can benefits again once the market price increases.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:56:40 AM

I think its true behind the speculation of price manipulation of some rich investors who wants to buy cryptocurrency in a very cheap price so that they can benefits again once the market price increases.

but unfortunately, we don't know how it could happen and how many people that manipulate the price. but one thing that we know that the price can go higher and lower because of people which lack knowledge about cryptocurrency that will be panic and they move the price and it looks like the price is being manipulated. but although it is true that the price manipulates, it is better for us to always check the price before we decide something.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
connesa

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:00:54 AM

sad but true...i believe some big people holding a huge amounts can really do that,they can play the market they can manipulate the prices and the news also have a huge contribution with their fuds and fake news.so if the value was down they can easily buy more and ofcourse they also can pump it.easy money for them
xyzone

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:30:58 AM

it's common in the crypto market. the price increases and it happens suddenly. I was surprised to see the market conditions that experienced an increase and decline in prices.
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:19:19 AM

In my opinion , bitcoin price manipulation is possible to do , but hard  in the fact , need organization with huge rich people to do it , and have same idea to manipulate the price  , but who know ? we just can follow the wave
bycocoricos

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:08:35 PM

BTC price is probably somewhat harder to manipulate, mainly because of the daily trade volume it gets. However that's not to say that it doesn't happen.

There are plenty of whales that hold thousands of Bitcoins on their wallets. Remember what happened when that Mt. Gox trustee sold off 400 million USD worth of BTC? The price plummeted into the ground. That was as clear of a case of market manipulation as they get.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: