Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:13:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2152 times)
Vineeta2october

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:49:00 PM

Why not, it is easily possible. Big investors or say whales have enough bitcoins, if they want to decrease the price they'll just  put sell orders and if they want to increase it, they'll put high buy orders. Manipulation is the reason of large fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:31:41 PM

Well price manipulation is very possible since bitcoin operate on demands and supply to determine it price whales can decide to invest heavily in bitcoin in other to influence the price and then cash out the gain making the market to become pump and dump ground, and I also read that there is now and agency that trace bitcoin transactions in order to monitor illegal movement of money.
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:38:48 PM

Recent bitcoin manipulation as well as crypto coins has always been the topic of many people's comments. If the national currency has a form of money laundering, bitcoins and crypto are widely seen as manipulating prices in non- France is taking advantage of bitcoin

If there is a Whale that wants to lower the bitcoin value, it will only release enough bitcoin in its ownership to the market once there is enough price to be affected and down. He will then sell and re-enter the market and buy more at a lower price and get ready to sell at a higher price resulting in more profits. Simply put is how price manipulation occurs.
Price manipulation can occur in bitcoin markets. This concept is done by the pope subtly.
yes, big investors are very influential on bitcoin price movements, in fact not only bitcoin,
all altcoin also must be greatly affected by the of big investors
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:10:50 PM

Recent bitcoin manipulation as well as crypto coins has always been the topic of many people's comments. If the national currency has a form of money laundering, bitcoins and crypto are widely seen as manipulating prices in non- France is taking advantage of bitcoin

If there is a Whale that wants to lower the bitcoin value, it will only release enough bitcoin in its ownership to the market once there is enough price to be affected and down. He will then sell and re-enter the market and buy more at a lower price and get ready to sell at a higher price resulting in more profits. Simply put is how price manipulation occurs.
Price manipulation can occur in bitcoin markets. This concept is done by the pope subtly.
yes, big investors are very influential on bitcoin price movements, in fact not only bitcoin,
all altcoin also must be greatly affected by the of big investors
As the cryptocurrencies were speculative, large volume investors easily manipulate the market. This is common around the cryptocurrency network, and specifically such manipulations will not be the same throughout. It is possible depending upon current market scenario. People fearing about manipulation should gain additional trust on bitcoin.
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:20:44 PM

Yes, I think it's more than possible, we can periodically see manipulation in altcoins with pumps and dumps with new coins or ICO tokens.  And a group of people with big money can do that to bitcoin as well by affecting on the news and other media resources and creating panic.
JohnJarvis99

Activity: 236
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:30:08 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
Maybe it have control by someone who have a lot of bitcoin?
basty03

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:05:31 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
I think there's a manipulation in bitcoin because money is involved here so many whales want to manipulate the market so they can get a good profit. And manipulation will never gone it comes to investment or trading.
rasmusen

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:41:59 PM

Since bitcoin has grown to the mainstream, it and people are in danger. For bitcoin is the manipulation of the price and for people it is scammers.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:30:38 AM

Yes there is an investigation going on to fish out those that are behind the price manipulation of a thing. The price of Bitcoin can be manipulated and is no surprise to me, even before I got in, I already knew that. Many even believes that what happens in 2017 was as a result of Bitcoin being manipulated and these people that are doing it are doing so to make more money and rip others off.

There are also people who see it as an opportunity too. Miners would like to see the price of Bitcoin go high which means they will be making extra money for the same rate of work. By the way, the third rule in Bitcoin says ‘there are no rules’.
2start

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:28:14 AM

I've heard, when the beginning of the rise of Bitcoin there has been price manipulation, whether true or false I do not know.
I've also read that Coinmarketcap used to manipulate data, that's what I know, but I forget where I read it.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:11:26 AM

Price manipulation is applicable for other Crypto Currency but here in bitcoin I think no one can manipulate this, we admit that there is one group who built in bitcoin but when it comes to market price value only Investor can make this movable price that views automatically in Block Chain market cap through virtual digital System.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:32:17 AM

Maybe this speculation have an relevant  thats theres something manipulation of price in bitcoin in the market,but the question is what is our proof,thats theres something magic  that they created in price of bitcoin,othewise if we should not proper evidence to proof this kind of allegation,maybe this all our doubt  would turn into nothing.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:46:08 AM

Yes there is an investigation going on to fish out those that are behind the price manipulation of a thing. The price of Bitcoin can be manipulated and is no surprise to me, even before I got in, I already knew that. Many even believes that what happens in 2017 was as a result of Bitcoin being manipulated and these people that are doing it are doing so to make more money and rip others off.

There are also people who see it as an opportunity too. Miners would like to see the price of Bitcoin go high which means they will be making extra money for the same rate of work. By the way, the third rule in Bitcoin says ‘there are no rules’.
The price spike that happened in 2017 was not a price manipulation it is a panic buying situation where people are afraid of missing out bitcoin and they are all getting into the market like there is no other chance. Price manipulation is just occur when there is a cheap coin that they can manipulate by buying bulk and selling bulk also to make huge movements.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:59:17 AM

I've heard, when the beginning of the rise of Bitcoin there has been price manipulation, whether true or false I do not know.
I've also read that Coinmarketcap used to manipulate data, that's what I know, but I forget where I read it.

I think there is any of price manipulation that is happening in the cryptocurrency because we know that there are a people that have a big amount of bitcoin and they can easily to moves the price to the level that they want. but they cannot always do this because they need to follow with the market wants and they will be wise to make a decision. but unfortunately, we still don't know who is the people which can do price manipulate and it is better to follow the trends that are happening in the market.
cryptohoodz

Activity: 91
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:27:37 AM

Crypto is not regulated, so yes there is price manipulation. Most exchanges are not regulated by regulators, so they can screw with the data and get away with it.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:38:33 AM

The price spike that happened in 2017 was not a price manipulation it is a panic buying situation where people are afraid of missing out bitcoin and they are all getting into the market like there is no other chance. Price manipulation is just occur when there is a cheap coin that they can manipulate by buying bulk and selling bulk also to make huge movements.
Maybe, In my own perceptions It will be called an price  manipulation when you feel like the value meant to be fallen Its value. Just like bitcoin price, It will drastically falls when some big whales dump his funds and despite that they will Invest again when they think many panic seller dump their coin all of a sudden.
mr.nby

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:34:16 AM

It is certainly possible to influence the price in some way. Even if it is to be done, it needs a person with very big money or an organization that will be able to do it. Another way is to manipulate information to trigger an appropriate response on the market.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:50:57 AM

yes maybe because in this world nothing is impossible, especially now modern-day all-round technology for the smart people is not a difficult thing, but hopefully this problem soon solved.
cah ndablek

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:17:12 AM

Price manipulation is only done by someone who does not have pity on other merchants because of the massive price manipulation the possibility of earning every time becomes more difficult and requires extra patience from the merchant.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:24:14 AM

although many people say there is a price manipulation I do not think there is a strong enough proof of what they assume. and in my opinion this is purely from market demand and if anything says about price manipulation maybe it's caused because there are some players who have big capital so they can buy bitcoin with a very large amount. so in my opinion this is purely out of market demand.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: