Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold Bitcoin for long time.  (Read 10692 times)
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:18:36 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2018, 11:45:38 AM by lablab03

For me long term is still good.  But you must monitor always the growth rate  so that you can build a new strategy, target price and to get the right timing to sell as well  'cause to be honest holding in long term isn't worth it if you are not  making technical analysis every day, which is you will end up to losing money if you let your money floating in the market without checking the circumstance of the growth rate.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:19:22 AM

Hold is Bitcoin for long time, there is no much profit. You know why ?
My gut tells me not to read any further but I will, since I need to know your theory of ignorance.

Because if you only hold Bitcoin your balance will grow up only on USD rate. For example you hold 1 BTC . Current price 7500$. It's might 10k after some day. But you still have only 1 BTC.
That;s the exact reason why people invest in bitcoins ? They want their balances to go up in USD ? Moreover, USD itself decides if the btc balance has gotten up or down.

Now think you have 1 btc and you convert it into BCH. Example for 1 BTC you get 10 BCH. Rate per bch is 0.1 BTC .

After some day if Bitcoin grow up, At the same time BCH also will grow up.
If bch rate grow 1.5 btc then you will have 1.5 BTC.

But before buy alt coin please select best coin to avoid dump.

So what you think. Hold alt coin or Bitcoin ?
Your logic is flawed.You are on a different page altogether.You may consider rephrasing your title as a question and not a conclusion.
jpnl0006

Activity: 480
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:24:39 AM

it is a very good advice as the trend of the market has always been ups and downs in signature chart, holding for long time means that you don't want to keep track of the progress but want to fit in the shoes of an investor and so the rise in the price may not be monitored and that is not good for the business. thanks
nicolesalv

Activity: 252

Ethereum Limited Edition ICO

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:25:57 AM

Because if you only hold Bitcoin your balance will grow up only on USD rate. For example you hold 1 BTC . Current price 7500$. It's might 10k after some day. But you still have only 1 BTC.

Now think you have 1 btc and you convert it into BCH. Example for 1 BTC you get 10 BCH. Rate per bch is 0.1 BTC .

You have a point but I think I am preferred to hold BTC for long term investment as this coin has a good future and it is consistently increasing also each year like ethereum. I don't want to gamble my money to other ICO  because for me ETH and BTC is worth investing for as they had proven already to us that even the prices fall down but they still recovered and still the number one and number two cryptocurrency meaning they got the investors trust.

[ JOIN OUR CROWDSALE    │    PRESALE ]
( E T H L )  ETHEREUM LIMITED
LickKing

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:27:04 PM

I agree with you. I also think that holding Bitcoins for a long time can't make too much profit. I'm more interested in buying new cryptocurrencies now!

Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:00:21 PM

Yes you are right, it is better to use capital for trading or to follow the legit ICO.

It's look like highly risk now to invest on ICO.  I just want to explain, once market down you can get a chance. Buy alt coin and hold it up to reach on your target. Good coin never give you loss. Just need pateince.
I think otherwise. I feel that holding Bitcoin, in the long run, will be profitable for the future. because the development of Bitcoin as well as with the benefits offered will greatly help us to a much greater advantage. so for that, I would advise to hold Bitcoin and run it for a long time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:07:32 PM

Now I get your point, you want people to buy bitcoin cash instead of bitcoin.

I'll tell you my short story. I've been holding bitcoin since $600 - $1,000 and along my way I sold some but I managed to hold still. And I also sold some also at $20,000 - $15,000 so what do you think about that gain? Bitcoin is the dominant coin and you also said that BCH is relying to bitcoin but there's a tendency that these alts will be dead soon while bitcoin remains stronger.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kaspabha

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:07:42 PM

BTC is the most stable project and most secure investment with a huge potential. Demand of the BTC will increase rapidly in future. Your logic is true. But we can't trust the existence of most of alts. Within few years, we can't say how many alts will exist in market. That is the reason why most investors like to invest on BTC.
zhaviabieber405

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:08:30 PM

Rather hold bitcoin than 99% of alts.
AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:11:38 PM

In my opinion, BTC is a guarantee of reliability, although it sometimes falls in price but it is steadily growing, if you buy it now and keep it for 2 or 3 years you can get a better profit.
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:15:19 PM

I think that it is necessary to trade rather than hold. Because it was possible to buy 10 bitcoin cash by 0.3 btc for one bch. And the mother now instead of 3 bitcoins only 1 btc

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
FillJaS

Activity: 156
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:17:03 PM

This is already the highest level of skill to invest and multiply in bitcoins.
I think it's possible but very difficult. Only real professionals can do this. Most will lose in bitcoins.
Buy bitcoin and wait until he grows it seems more reliable.
huche886

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:29:19 PM

Flexible thinking! We should not keep BTC in our wallet, we should invest to gain value! But don't go to ICO! Unless you know it's a real project!

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™ (https://uncloak.io/)
Navneetkamal

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:32:59 PM

If you are full of information about the future of BTC.And i am more confident for a long term of one year in the future,with this long term investment I am sure i can make a lot of money.BTC will be a hard currency like gold in the future.
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:37:50 PM

it really really depends. If the investor has huge amount of cash, holding bitcoin might seems to him as if holding to XVG if you get what i mean.

But of course, personally i prefer low valued coins with potential. Have missed alot but not gonna miss any more soon.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

I think what you say is irrelevant because everyone has the knowledge and different ways of investing. of course it will suit as you say, but in fact the market always presents growth and correction in decline. and that is where we will be tested to do various spakulasi, hold or sell. trade or hold.
simapple

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:38:19 PM

BTC is the main cryptocurrency at the moment. I fully agree with you that altcoins will make more profit in the future than BTC. But you need to choose altcoins very carefully. For example, take EOS. In may, it was already worth more than in January,when the market was at its peak. BTC was worth two times cheaper.
Jet Kolet

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:38:36 PM

I do not agree with the thread poster, i still think that btc is the best long term investment, atleast when we compare it with bch, there is uncertainity about bch in the market so i think holding btc is still better, it is gonna be extremely profitable soon.
I agree with you.in the bitcoin world, in need of intelligent thinking. still, a lot of time, do not rush in deciding the action. the proof is now Bitcoin is still king, bitcoin value is still high. you should believe in bitcoin. if you hold and are satisfied then you can sell. and I still believe in bitcoin, sell when prices go up, Buy when prices go down.

www.bitcoincrowncoin.com |│The new era of online gaming
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  May 15th  ●
haidangtp

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:39:27 PM

You just think of the good way to forget the opposite. In trading it is not so simple. All profits are risky.
crocus

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:40:59 PM

You might right but maybe it depends on your luck and exact timing of selling your bitcoins for me it's okay to hold bitcoin for long term holdings just always check bitcoin price to avoid regret on your coins and of course we crypto enthusiasts have different strategy when it comes bitcoin trading.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: