Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:04:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't hold Bitcoin for long time.  (Read 10695 times)
YB777

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:41:48 PM

Is good to diversify your Portfolio with BTC and Altcoins, when BTC moon, altcoin usually will drop, so u can always buy the DIPPP!

side note : is there any kind soul that is willing to give me merit or can u guys tell me how to increase my merit? thanks in advance Smiley
ZaBelyi

Activity: 127
Merit: 2

Product almost ready flycare.com

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:43:26 PM

Most people hold bitcoin for two reasons. The first reason is to return the money when they bought it for 15-20K and waiting for return. Another reason, bought it for 1-3K and wait for the same return. The reason is one, and the goals are different.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 03:51:24 PM

Hold is Bitcoin for long time, there is no much profit. You know why ?

Because if you only hold Bitcoin your balance will grow up only on USD rate. For example you hold 1 BTC . Current price 7500$. It's might 10k after some day. But you still have only 1 BTC.

Now think you have 1 btc and you convert it into BCH. Example for 1 BTC you get 10 BCH. Rate per bch is 0.1 BTC .

After some day if Bitcoin grow up, At the same time BCH also will grow up.
If bch rate grow 1.5 btc then you will have 1.5 BTC.

But before buy alt coin please select best coin to avoid dump.

So what you think. Hold alt coin or Bitcoin ?

I think it's better this way, for example we buy 1 BTC at the rate $ 7500 then when bitcoin start up and reach rate $ 8500 we sell. then wait when bitcoin down again, eg down to the price of $ 7800, with a profit of $ 8500 that we already get more than 1 BTC is not it?

That's how you grow your asset
buboyskie

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:53:17 PM

Because if you only hold Bitcoin your balance will grow up only on USD rate. For example you hold 1 BTC . Current price 7500$. It's might 10k after some day. But you still have only 1 BTC.

Now think you have 1 btc and you convert it into BCH. Example for 1 BTC you get 10 BCH. Rate per bch is 0.1 BTC .

Well you have a point but there are altcoins that are much better than BCH so why would they choose BCH only right? I suggest hold BTC, BCH and other altcoins of your choice here in crypto world you need to diversify your portfolio properly unless you have unlimited funds.
Plixs

Activity: 297
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:57:57 PM

Bitcoin investment needs patience and dare to face different situations. A good businessman never afraid of up and down because he knows the market position and takes keen interest what’s going on
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:58:05 PM

if I am going to hold biitcoin, because nobody can predict the rise in bitcoin prices, such as yesterday no one would have think the bitcoin price will to soar up the price. and that also applies to the price of nitcoin in the future. because if the bitcoin price goes up it is not necessarily the altcoin that will bolt up too.
Tonstar

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:59:15 PM

Holding bitcoin is not as bad as you described it. If you do not like holding for a long term - it is okay, but there are people who arenreally pro at this
Tonstar

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:00:11 PM

if I am going to hold biitcoin, because nobody can predict the rise in bitcoin prices, such as yesterday no one would have think the bitcoin price will to soar up the price. and that also applies to the price of nitcoin in the future. because if the bitcoin price goes up it is not necessarily the altcoin that will bolt up too.
It is really hard to make any predictions, but it doubt that bitcoin will dramatically fall, so it is safe to hold it even for a long term
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:02:28 PM

I think this argument is irrational, because some people have made epic profits because of the fiat price, and those days aren't exactly in the past yet.  Someone who invests in bitcoin right now will make a hell of a lot of money if and when bitcoin gets back to 20,000 and even more if it goes beyond that, which it could.

Altcoins are way more risky, because fewer people hold them and even fewer people actually use them for anything.  That isn't going to change because there are so many of them.  What do you think is going to happen once everyone wakes up and realizes they aren't good for anything other than speculating?
Bolabi

Activity: 220
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:04:02 PM

it is more risky to hold Bitcoin longer because of its enormous value it certainly takes the courage to invest in crypto. I dont like long-term investments in the crypto market, it's easier to make money to buy and sell in the short run. I prefer to play altcoin because I think it is more profitable.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:06:53 PM

This is a very childish argument. There is no guarantee that the BCH vs BTC exchange rate may go up in the future. BCH exists because of the scaling issues associated with Bitcoin. If those issues are resolved, then BCH may become obsolete.
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:16:53 PM

Simple because it's running 24/7 especially for cryptocurrency trading.
Now i wonder if the market can actually be closed and open like a stock market on cryptocurrency trade?

Tozex