Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta  (Read 415596 times)
joeykrug

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:35:29 PM

Hi Anon136
I invested 1.09 BTC in the first stage. Can invest more 0.42 (0.41 + fee) BTC in the second totaling 1.5 BTC?

As the new rule, you need ask the dev at first.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:25:49 PM

The fundraiser started only some hours ago and there is already >5BTC invested. I predict we will reach 230 BTC within 5 days!

hala

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:35:38 PM

The fundraiser started only some hours ago and there is already >5BTC invested. I predict we will reach 230 BTC within 5 days!

I just think you are too optimistic. Actually, we should better predict this after two or three days passed
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:46:51 PM

I just think you are too optimistic. Actually, we should better predict this after two or three days passed

Not saying my prediction is accurate, but it is my single best guess at this point in time!

funnynews

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:01:48 PM

I had lost the first stage.  Angry
I sent a PM, we'll see if he approves my participation in 2nd.

rascallcooin

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:22:33 PM

please dev, provide nodes, 0 connections Huh
bluedude

Activity: 714

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:29:14 PM

Does everyone needs to get dev's approval for applying?
When is it supposed to launch anything concrete?
Thx
hala

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:33:29 PM

Thx

- Yes, everyone
- launch: ETA late april
  start mining: ETA 2 weeks after launch

you can see at http://exocoin.org/index.php?s=whitepaper

or  http://exocoin.org/index.php?s=openbeta
bluedude

Activity: 714

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:39:09 PM

Thx

- Yes, everyone
- launch: ETA late april
  start mining: ETA 2 weeks after launch

you can see at http://exocoin.org/index.php?s=whitepaper

or  http://exocoin.org/index.php?s=openbeta

Thx hala. I will take a look at the whitepaper.
rramires

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:14:22 PM

1 - I downloaded again, and draws on the site c:\ exocoin_beta
2 - I clicked yes in the update screen
3 - He created the tmp folder and downloaded the files.
4 - Error, he could not move (err_update.txt)

"Welcome to eXocoin updater V1.0 - this program will update your version to the current one
Exit now if that is not what you want

wait 5 seconds ...

ERROR: failed to move "C: \ exocoin_beta \ tmp \ chain \ 1.block" to target "C: \ exocoin_beta \ chain \ 1.block". Please check permissions and restart tmp / update.exe
Stop. "

5 - I manually moved the files in tmp for to the  c:\ exocoin_beta
6 - I clicked on "coin" and opened showing 5 active connections.
But I do not know what to do after that. Any clicking "Generate 10,000 EX" as in New Adress and placing a passphrase nothing happens.
Yeah well there are no errors poping up within the GUI yet so if any error occured it will show up in the CMD as of now.. definatly going to change this in the next days. You'll need an address before clicking the button or an error will show up in the cmd. As for creating the first address: Your password must be complex enough (you must have at least 10 chars, you must have small and capital letter, number and special char). I guess your passphrase was not complex enough. Please try again.

Thanks for reporting the updater output and thanks for manually moving the files (that is perfectly fine, the updater does not do anything additionally). Going to check that. #edit: alright, I guess I know the cause of the error. The exocoin/chain folder was non-existing if you just got a fresh copy. So the updater should create the folder if not existing. I will change that now.
As I can see in the block explorer tab there have been 4 transactions since the update stored in the chain (well there are more but those were generated from us). So it is/should be working at the moment. All server (6) are running and are synced right now. [ok the 6th server is somewhat special so it is ok if your client only shows up 5 connections at the moment].

I tested again and now the update worked, downloading, extracting and moving the files correctly.

Could also create the account, now including special characters. I believe it will soon have a feedback error on the screen and other validations.

Just could not generate 10.000EXO. I believe it is because the nodes off, hence no active connections. Am I right?

Another thing, if I open more than one account on my local network (I'm using VMs) they should talk to each other (p2p) and increase the active connections or is there only an indication of connections with nodes. Exist configuration file that I can add nodes or is within the compiled program?
hala

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:37:16 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 03:55:28 PM by hala

Note
  System : Windows 7
  active connections is 0 when I test

-After i update the client successful, I open the client by double click  coin.exe, the cmd console "failed to read in wallet file or you do not have any address so far , failed to load block" repeatedtly, yes I dont generate the address, but the client cannot load block normally(the active connectionis is 0 when I test ). Then , when i generate a address, I restart again,it load the block quickly.

- important problem

Then, I delete the wallet.exo manually, a system(windows 7) alert dialog pop up, it says "exo_coin(bitcointalk.org profile) has stopped the work, would like to close this program or debug this program", however, the client can open normally, when i click "close this program", just the alert dialog closed. I test this case only three time, just the first time occured.

- block UI
    There are so many event can block UI , e.g:generate wallet at first time ,generate 10,000 EXO, report bug...

- suggestion

when we unzip the client, its file organization is un-order, can we put some third library into other folder/directory, like library or bin. If you do this,
thats friendly for us. I hope you can fix this in some day, I know you are busy.

I think its  important to put the wallet.exo into other child folder, or else this file can be found and deleted easily.  

Have report the bug by client OPEN  BETA.

Good luck.
rascallcooin

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:57:01 PM

active connections is 0  here too.

Please, someone post any IP to connect
eXo_coin (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:36:01 PM

1 - I downloaded again, and draws on the site c:\ exocoin_beta
2 - I clicked yes in the update screen
3 - He created the tmp folder and downloaded the files.
4 - Error, he could not move (err_update.txt)

"Welcome to eXocoin updater V1.0 - this program will update your version to the current one
Exit now if that is not what you want

wait 5 seconds ...

ERROR: failed to move "C: \ exocoin_beta \ tmp \ chain \ 1.block" to target "C: \ exocoin_beta \ chain \ 1.block". Please check permissions and restart tmp / update.exe
Stop. "

5 - I manually moved the files in tmp for to the  c:\ exocoin_beta
6 - I clicked on "coin" and opened showing 5 active connections.
But I do not know what to do after that. Any clicking "Generate 10,000 EX" as in New Adress and placing a passphrase nothing happens.
Yeah well there are no errors poping up within the GUI yet so if any error occured it will show up in the CMD as of now.. definatly going to change this in the next days. You'll need an address before clicking the button or an error will show up in the cmd. As for creating the first address: Your password must be complex enough (you must have at least 10 chars, you must have small and capital letter, number and special char). I guess your passphrase was not complex enough. Please try again.

Thanks for reporting the updater output and thanks for manually moving the files (that is perfectly fine, the updater does not do anything additionally). Going to check that. #edit: alright, I guess I know the cause of the error. The exocoin/chain folder was non-existing if you just got a fresh copy. So the updater should create the folder if not existing. I will change that now.
As I can see in the block explorer tab there have been 4 transactions since the update stored in the chain (well there are more but those were generated from us). So it is/should be working at the moment. All server (6) are running and are synced right now. [ok the 6th server is somewhat special so it is ok if your client only shows up 5 connections at the moment].

I tested again and now the update worked, downloading, extracting and moving the files correctly.

Could also create the account, now including special characters. I believe it will soon have a feedback error on the screen and other validations.

Just could not generate 10.000EXO. I believe it is because the nodes off, hence no active connections. Am I right?

Another thing, if I open more than one account on my local network (I'm using VMs) they should talk to each other (p2p) and increase the active connections or is there only an indication of connections with nodes. Exist configuration file that I can add nodes or is within the compiled program?

Yes you are right. Thanks for this information. Those VMs should connect to each other if both are connected to the network (they will exchange ips between all nodes and retry to connect to nodes all 10 minutes). So after max 10 minutes they should see each other and the active node count should increase by 1. Since network is down at the moment that is obviously not possible. But yes, you can add peers: go to debug window and type in "add peer IP:PORT" in one of the VMs. If that does not work directly type thereafter "check peerlist". For more information type in "?".
Note that firewall rules may interferre. You also can manually edit "peers.exo" file with notepad. But do this only when program is not running (!)

Note
  System : Windows 7
  active connections is 0 when I test

-After i update the client successful, I open the client by double click  coin.exe, the cmd console "failed to read in wallet file or you do not have any address so far , failed to load block" repeatedtly, yes I dont generate the address, but the client cannot load block normally(the active connectionis is 0 when I test ). Then , when i generate a address, I restart again,it load the block quickly.

- important problem

Then, I delete the wallet.exo manually, a system(windows 7) alert dialog pop up, it says "exo_coin(bitcointalk.org profile) has stopped the work, would like to close this program or debug this program", however, the client can open normally, when i click "close this program", just the alert dialog closed. I test this case only three time, just the first time occured.

- block UI
    There are so many event can block UI , e.g:generate wallet at first time ,generate 10,000 EXO, report bug...

- suggestion

when we unzip the client, its file organization is un-order, can we put some third library into other folder/directory, like library or bin. If you do this,
thats friendly for us. I hope you can fix this in some day, I know you are busy.

I think its  important to put the wallet.exo into other child folder, or else this file can be found and deleted easily.  

Have report the bug by client OPEN  BETA.

Good luck.

Thanks for your detailed report. The blocked UI ist not very user friendly, I agree. We are going to add loading popups or asyncron operations. Not sure what would be more appreciated (?). Also we will add popups indicating that an error occured to be more user friendly.

active connections is 0  here too.

Please, someone post any IP to connect

Network is down at the moment. sorry

Alright we need some time to check the error logs of the server and personal alpha clients. With the next update we hope to have a working client that will not stop after some hours. Until then the network will not come up again.

Roadmap:
- next beta version (and "boot" of network) ETA 5-7 days with block time 5 or 10 minutes [achieved goal for this version: fully working chain sync and no crash, GUI popups on error, working verify signature dialogue]
- website/logo renewal this week
- ETA launch still 30th April without decentral market
- ETA mining 2 weeks after launch
- ETA decentral market: 3 weeks after launch
- release of most parts of the source code: before launch

Thanks for all reports here or via report tab in the GUI. Checking everything out now. Processing of 2nd stage investments will take much time as well the next days (got 50PMs today). So please be patient for an answer.
Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day
eXocoin team

haqster99

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:51:51 PM

When does 2nd round finish?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:06:12 PM

When does 2nd round finish?

It lasts 2 weeks and started yesterday. (Or when 230 BTC are reached before!)

eXo_coin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

ok a little break for me answering PMs ;-)

here are the latest stats:

accepted (accepted does not necessarily include that they got already transferred): 39 BTC
denied completly: 4 people
reduced since fairly new or inactive (or only rubbish posts) account (e.g. 1.5 BTC cap decreased to 0.5/0.3/0.1/0.05): 17 people
not yet processed: ~20-30 PMs

Thanks to every investor for putting trust into our product!

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:56:50 PM

Thanks for all reports here...

And I'm glad you're here. I got the earlier beta client running, which got the GUI up automatically, and then got the upgrade. But now, with my wallet upgraded, the GUI does not engage and all I get in the command line is "Failed to read wallet file or you do not have any addresses so far." In an infinite loop.

Because of that infinite loop, the GUI doesn't even fire up.

I'm clicking the coin.exe, just as I did before the upgrade. Just to reiterate, the old version booted up fine but the new version gets stuck in an infinite line-spewing loop before the GUI can start. The line is, "Failed to read wallet file or you do not have any addresses so far."

Please, look into it. I'm running the client on Win7 Ultimate, 64-bit version.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

eXo_coin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:59:43 PM

And I'm glad you're here. I got the earlier beta client running, which got the GUI up automatically, and then got the upgrade. But now, with my wallet upgraded, the GUI does not engage and all I get in the command line is "Failed to read wallet file or you do not have any addresses so far." In an infinite loop.

I'm clicking the coin.exe, just as I did before the upgrade. Just to reiterate, the old version booted up fine but the new version gets stuck in an infinite line-spewing loop before the GUI can start. The line is, "Failed to read wallet file or you do not have any addresses so far."

Thanks for reporting. Going to implement a bit more debug output for the launch part so that we can see where the problem is in more detail. Also going to check if I see some issue that would cause that as well now. Please wait for V0.5 to check again if this problem persists

azwccc

Activity: 243

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:02:41 PM

regarding the "green mining", if my computer is not powerful enough, and does not finish the work in 10 min, will I get proportional of the coins?

The other case, if I have 2 powerful enough graphic cards, each one can finish work within 10 mins. If I split them into two rigs, I will get double mining rewards, right? I just need to pay more electricity. Huh

Thanks

Bitrated user: azwccc.
dave5555

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

I had the same problem but with vista ultimate 64bit.

Use command prompt to open it until dev fixes the bug.

If you have to, restart computer so the loop is stopped
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 307 »
  Print  

Jump to: