Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:53:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1747 times)
Cryptodaddy05 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:52:33 AM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

Hello to Viper 🐍 - sorry Viser & Kavad 🍺

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:11:07 AM

Well, at least in my country, cryptocurrencies are still a loophole when it comes to tax, regulations aren't thought out and cryptocurrencies aren't taxable. Honestly, the amount most of the bounty hunters earn aren't enough to tax, I mean, when it's taxed it would be so low that every user here would be forced to use multis for bounty hunting, otherwise, you can't make a living from it.

So taking bounty hunting as a freelance off-record work. Let's be honest here, some of us have switched to full-time bounty hunting from our day jobs, to be a freelance taxpayer, you need a tax registration certificate, how many of us have it here?
Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:30:25 AM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

You know what if you enjoy your work in campaign you will consider it as your hobby.... And if have fun in working here then you can call it as your hobby... Being a bounty hunter is really funny and exciting....  Especially if after all of your little sacrifice you will receive your token as a payment for you efforts and time....  It is just like you are working and as well having fun....  It is really great....  As a bounty hunter also after I recieved my tokens I preper holding it....  But if I learn a lots about trading and other I will try it as well....  Surely it is good and great as well just like when you are participating in bounty campaign.....

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:33:36 AM

Hubby! nah, it has to be treated as a job, because that is what it is, all the time and effort spent in doing it is enough to put in other productive things, infact i take it as a business.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:36:40 AM

so far I still count this is as a hobby, but at least it can make me some money so it is can be categorised as a work too IMO. just like the other say do it with your fun, take it on your free times, count as a hobby and the rewards will come after that.
smallreg

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:37:00 AM

I consider it work because it consumes time and you have a specific area of specialization and also getting paid in different circumtances. But what i dont like somtimes is that some icos i participated in the past became  in active but at least i am getting profists in longer terms than usual
Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:38:41 AM

Here in our country where cryptocurrency is not yet regulated, there is nothing to worry about the taxation. I have a regular job and treat bounty hunting as a part time job as it gives me the chance to earn more and in fact i saw other people earn more here in crypto than their regular job. If this trade would give me more income then i would consider quitting my job and go full time in crypto.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:46:08 AM

For me ! Bounty hunting is a kind of job or work because we are doing our best to work for the bounty we have chosen to participate with. We earn money from bounty campaigns, that's why I conclude that doing bounties is a work or sideline to earn extra income. Bounty hunter really obeys the rules in the bounty campaign in order for them to qualify for bounty rewards.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Stormyblue

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 01:57:04 AM

Bounty hunting is a job with a contract which the bounty operators usually include in the bounty information. Bounty hunter are being tasked and after perform the task they are rewarded. It is true that hunting comes along with a lot of difficulties concerning rewards but I don't think we perform the task for pleasure. Sometimes we get very enthused of a particular bounty because of how promising it could be. Also it's very postive that you will get such a great feeling if a bounty that you campaigned for is able to hit its hard cap and turn out a very successful bounty. You will start to consider yourself part of team that ensured its success and you'll feel great about it more than the reward. Nevertheless, the initial step to participate is driven by the reward.
Jlv

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:02:01 AM

For me I considered it as a work, I spent a lot of time in learning and working here in order for me to earned but I was hoping always that the ICO's I was participating is not a scam because sometimes at the start they are good but in the middle of the campaign they said they have problems.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:05:23 AM

To be honest, i am considering bounty programs as a hobby and a work in the same time.
We spend our time doing what we like and what we enjoy and we get paid at the end, its a win-win for both, bounty hunters and ICO Projects.
ninio

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:06:36 AM

For me bounty hunting is like my hobby because I'm just enjoying participating in some bounty campaign like signature campaign. I'm just enjoying it because I'm not thinking that I will received money by just doing a bounty rather its my past time to learn more about crypto currency and enhancing my english communicating and responsing by just posting and replying in some thread here forum. I'm not doing this as a serious job because of my rank I will never get a high bounty reward by this rank.
RyeEarth99

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:15:17 AM

I prefer it as a work,a sideline, a part time work/job that receives income when the work is done. Even in real definition of Bounty Hunting is work, that why I choose it as "work" not a hubby.
benjamin11

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:16:38 AM

It can be both or one of the other. For some, it a hobby because they only do this during their free time and for fun. Some people find it interesting in joining campaigns. For others, bounty hunting is work or job. They already doing it fulltime and they are making real and significant amount of money out of it. For me, it is both. I do it because I like it and at same time I'm earning from it.
todayin

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:22:28 AM

for me , joining a bounty is a hobby . i found a project that i like . it makes me excited . i hope it has a very good development . join it for a bounty event and take some promotion for it . and i can get it's shares . this is a good cycle .
setyanis

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 02:23:17 AM

as a bounty hunter, this is a hobby of mine, I use this to fill my spare time, so my spare time is more useful because it can be filled with positive things like this, exchange information about crypto and other digital assets. besides that I also can get purse of $$$. and I really like this.
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:28:37 AM

For me, I considered it as a job since I provide time and effort just to work on for the task that needed to follow. Working on these give us additional profits for the family. Since I have my regular job I do his after my works our or I have free time on my works. there are different projects you can participate but be sure the project you are joining are not a scammed.

agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:42:21 AM

i will say its a work, because im doing that to get free token and make cash for selling that token, maybe some of us will answer hobby because he is already an investor who joined ico program.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:57:41 AM

I can only answer about signature campaings since that's the only bounty i do. And for me it's a way to earn some coins from promising ICO's that I will invest in anyway so if you are here at bitcointalk discussing anyway why not earn some coins at the same time.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 03:06:09 AM

I live in Indonesia, and the amount I earn from bounty hunting is enough for living cost. It can be considered as side work though. If we (Indonesian people) combine the amount we earn from bounty hunting, and our main job salary, at least we can live like a middle class (more than lower class), I mean we can buy things like smartphone, PC, vehicle, and at the same time, saving and investing for the future.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: