Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:36:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176886 times)
arruah
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:19:22 AM

'Good' News, they ain't taking hostage our coins:

My >10 days old withdrawal request been automatically cancelled and returned to my account.

2014/02/04 07:55:50   In      5.00000000 BTC   136.19304189 BTC
Cancelled transfer because of timeout: Bitcoin withdraw to ****
2014/02/04 07:53:36   In      9.00000000 BTC   131.19304189 BTC
Cancelled transfer because of timeout:

Anyone else getting back their btc?
nope yet.
It is really good news!

BCH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skyrunner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:21:45 AM

My >10 days old withdrawal request been automatically cancelled and returned to my account.

yep my coins are back on the account.
so what am i supposed to do now with goxcoins?
skyrunner

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

ok now i just did a withdrawal for 1.8 btc, this is my new fucking winning strategy, can't believe i am into it. I am waiting for the miracle

alternatively i have a japanese friend, can i get him verified and send coins to his account in mtgox? or it is also a dead end here?
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:44:28 AM

yep my coins are back on the account.
so what am i supposed to do now with goxcoins?

I just tried another 6 btc withdrawal, guess what, its lost again..

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
whave

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:47:27 AM

Soooooooo after all the panic and whining, they are actually NOT stealing the coins, just being slow and incompetent?

How surprising Roll Eyes
scaw

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:39:42 PM

Just reinitiated BTC withdrawal. Transfer again stuck in the blockchain.
skyrunner

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:44:05 PM

Soooooooo after all the panic and whining, they are actually NOT stealing the coins, just being slow and incompetent?

How surprising Roll Eyes

how did you figure this out? they told you?
whave

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:54:24 PM

How surprising Roll Eyes

Nope, simply hundreds of peeps got their stuck coins back, if you would read any of the comments Smiley
skyrunner

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:38:55 PM

How surprising Roll Eyes

Nope, simply hundreds of peeps got their stuck coins back, if you would read any of the comments Smiley
hundreds Huh in the comments?
post me direct links, will you
I have several people on control, about 5% of txns go through, and they are small. looks like a filter is set on gox side
btcinsight

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:39:48 PM

How surprising Roll Eyes

Not so fast, crediting back btc to accounts cost them NOTHING. They are just BUYING TIME. Try to withdraw any significant amount from it, and you will see failing again. I've tried several > 5 BTC withdrawals in a raw from the credited back balance, and they ALL FAILED.

It's not a good news at all, it's a another red flag, meaning they try to calm people down without improving the situation. We must act now by legal means.

We have formed a group, and we have around 1400 BTC at stake together. If you want to join us, please PM me.

Bitrated user: 2btcinsight.
whave

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:49:01 PM

How surprising Roll Eyes

I have several people on control, about 5% of txns go through, and they are small. looks like a filter is set on gox side

Well I've been supporting billing systems in the telecoms sector for years, and every time something happened (erroneus bills produced because of a new system patch, or balances not getting topped up because of a bug which we were trying to fix), people would come and accuse the whole company: THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE EXTRA PROFIT! THIS IS HOW YOU STEAL FROM PEOPLE! THIS IS HOW YOU'RE EARNING YOUR SALARIES!

None of that was true of course. There was a glitch time to time, and we, the techies would spend days and nights for weeks, trying to fix it. And after it was fixed, everyone's accounts got sorted out. But in the meantime, we received exactly the same hysteria you're producing now. OMG THEY STEALIN OUR MONIEZ OMG LETS FORM A GROUP AND SUE THEM OMG!

Yeah, they clearly suck, and they're clearly not handling the situation too professinally. But I'm yet to see any actual proof where someone has been actually robbed.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:51:57 PM

How surprising Roll Eyes

[/quote

really ...I saw three...and not a hundred... over 40000 BTC´s are still stuck and my 6 transactions included even as they are moved out of the scanner time and again to instill the false

hope every ponzi needs to be held together

btcinsight

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:00:36 PM

How surprising Roll Eyes

Well I've been supporting billing systems in the telecoms sector for years, and every time something happened (erroneus bills produced because of a new system patch, or balances not getting topped up because of a bug which we were trying to fix), people would come and accuse the whole company: THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE EXTRA PROFIT! THIS IS HOW YOU STEAL FROM PEOPLE! THIS IS HOW YOU'RE EARNING YOUR SALARIES!

None of that was true of course. There was a glitch time to time, and we, the techies would spend days and nights for weeks, trying to fix it. And after it was fixed, everyone's accounts got sorted out. But in the meantime, we received exactly the same hysteria you're producing now. OMG THEY STEALIN OUR MONIEZ OMG LETS FORM A GROUP AND SUE THEM OMG!

Yeah, they clearly suck, and they're clearly not handling the situation too professinally. But I'm yet to see any actual proof where someone has been actually robbed.

We don't need to wait for a proof that we have been robbed to act. When we have the proof, it is already too late.

I would be happy to be proven wrong and abort any lawsuit I might have engaged against them, but I sincerely don't count on it.

I don't necessarily think they want to rob us intentionnaly, but I think they messed up in a way or another, and I don't want to suffer from their mistakes.
When you think about it, there is simply no other plausible explanation.

BTC can't be withdrawn + lack of communication + problems with bank since months + smoke and mirrors with their "tx rebroadcasting".
What else do you want? Do you need an official statement describing how we are all screwed?

Bitrated user: 2btcinsight.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:06:06 PM

But I'm yet to see any actual proof where someone has been actually robbed.

You won't until its too late..

Gox recently added AstroPay and MoneyPolo as Deposit option , but pushed withdrawals for these payment systems for later on..
They had a chance to bypass the supposed 'limitation' their bank imposed by implementing new withdrawals option.
Ask yourself why only deposit options are added for a payment system, without withdrawals?

Blame it on the banks, blame it on US govt, blame it on bad documents, blame it on holidays, blame it on bugs etc, its all delaying tactics.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:48:37 PM

Same here. Five withdrawals which I initiated between 1/24/14 and 1/26/14 but never made it to the blockchain, all cancelled this morning due to timeout. All five cancellations occurred within 31 seconds of each other.

(I note that the 0.001 transaction fee for each transaction was not refunded ...)

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
zyk

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:25:00 PM

how can they skin the 0.001 fee if the tx never made it to the blockchain ?....wasn´t it proposed for faster processing ??

there you got your  proven robbery of those fees for failed tx....and of course who believes that they usually give  all those fees to the the network Huh?
vleroybrown

Activity: 1144
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:53:59 PM

Got the timeout message, sent withdrawal request in.. NOTHING. I now have a alarm setup to alert me if btc trade price is crashing.  Mtgox should have been put down after the first 2 times they caused a massive selloff in BTC.  No matter how this ends up with so many exchanges having troubles, btc price is going no where fast so why even bother with it.  Alts day is here and I will be ready.
skyrunner

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:01:07 PM

Got the timeout message, sent withdrawal request in.. NOTHING. I now have a alarm setup to alert me if btc trade price is crashing.  Mtgox should have been put down after the first 2 times they caused a massive selloff in BTC.  No matter how this ends up with so many exchanges having troubles, btc price is going no where fast so why even bother with it.  Alts day is here and I will be ready.

i managed to withdraw few btc in last few hours, i would say 30% of requested
MrWr1TeR

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:26:19 PM

Update - Statement Regarding BTC Withdrawal Delays

Maria Feb 04 • Announcements / Announcements

Dear MtGox Customers,

As noted recently, we are currently experiencing a problem where some bitcoin withdrawals are not being transferred correctly, affecting a limited number of users. Currently the problem is being fixed, but many previous transactions did not go through over the past days. Those transactions have now been returned to customer accounts in full, so any transactions that appeared to be "stuck" should now be refunded.

This problem applies primarily to larger transactions, so we appreciate your patience as we fix the issue. Smaller transactions should be fine in the meantime, and we will update you on the status as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

MtGox Team
zyk

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:51:51 PM

Transactions > 2 Hours = 2018   says the scanner

mine haven´t been credited back.....I made 4 new withdrawls of which just one of 1.6 came through...

they resort to outright lying to instill futher hope ?

its affecting all transactions and every costumer !!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: