Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many cryptocurrencies !  (Read 6270 times)
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:15:48 AM

There are 1624 currently active cryptocurrencies and more than 100 cryptocurrencies exchanges working right now in 2018.
With so many cryptocurrencies in the market Without regulations I feel there should be some body to legalize only a few , since its not like the more the merrier!
It just increases risks of any Fraud.
Small companies often are at a risk of shutting down with so tough competition.
The reason why the percentage of market Bitcoins dominates isn't exactly because they got less investors now , it's just because with so many currencies around the globe it's getting saturated and distributed .
Only some of them would be successful like 10-20 but with this tough competition it's risking people's investments and both these small small exchanges.
I strongly believe that a regulatory body should tackle this and then make a decision.
I think is negative in it's own way.
Share your opinions below , do you think it's positive ?

I think the customers or the people are the ones who can determine which ones will stay as a cryptocurrency. Because they invest on something which is mostly credible, reliable and profitable. If there are more people using that coin, it should stay. If not, then it should be banned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PerLasz

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:41:39 AM

Positive and negative impact is there because everybody will miss up the chance of earning all the token from different project. The more the merrier and also the more the more become victims of scam because the more crypto to entry the more percentage of scams.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:57:34 AM

Many coins are coming into the crypto currency community with different technology and many of them don't really have value and above all it is all duplication of what is in existence which i believe regulation will be the only solution in other to reduce the risk from people who will be investing in those coins.
cah ndablek

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:40:17 AM

Indeed with the number of cryptocurrency that recently happened must be able to give a benefit for someone in the future In addition,market managers should at least be able to compete with others in order to survive the next few years.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:41:58 AM

There are 1624 currently active cryptocurrencies and more than 100 cryptocurrencies exchanges working right now in 2018.
With so many cryptocurrencies in the market Without regulations I feel there should be some body to legalize only a few , since its not like the more the merrier!
The reason why the percentage of market Bitcoins dominates isn't exactly because they got less investors now , it's just because with so many currencies around the globe it's getting saturated and distributed .
Only some of them would be successful like 10-20 but with this tough competition it's risking people's investments and both these small small exchanges.
I strongly believe that a regulatory body should tackle this and then make a decision.

Having many cryptocurrency in the market is really good because it only means that the life of bitcoins is keep on growing as the time goes by so we can expect a very bright future for all the investors of bitcoins since everyone will have a wealthy life after they earn a huge amount of profit.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
ironman2014

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:48:08 AM

There are also many real fiat currencies, but only less than 10 are actually making a difference, same here. There is top 50 on Coin Market Cap, where every currency worth something.

Promickey

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:01:24 AM

Now choosing a good coin for long-term investment is difficult, so much research before you decide to invest, the market is now quite gloomy, Everything depends on bitcoin. If there is a coin that can grow independently, that is great.
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:13:06 AM

in my opinion, amount if cryptocurrency has direct effect to main cryptocurrency price such as bitcoin and ethereum.shit project that have unclear roadmap is risky selling out their eth or balance that collected from ico.so this is one of reason that could make bitcoin and ethereum goes down.

I don't think so. People are becoming a bit more intelligent right now in choosing which coin is shit or not. Simple research would teach you how to generally distinguish one from the other. So I don't think these shitties will have an effect on the value of major coins like btc and eth. This just gives people more options but with double the effort.
i certainly agree with you. although there are also few investors who puts money into some shit coins wherein just a small move in the market can make them double their investment, but for me it is really too risky and scary, to think that the odds would be almost 90% chance of loss is really terrifying.
Promickey

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:22:10 AM

Having many cryptocurrency in the market is really good because it only means that the life of bitcoins is keep on growing as the time goes by so we can expect a very bright future for all the investors of bitcoins since everyone will have a wealthy life after they earn a huge amount of profit.

Why do you think it is good to have so many coin to go out on a daily basis and investors lose their accumulation and hope? Apparently the cryptocurrency is growing without direction, and founders easily abandoned their coin development purpose, even more and more fraudulent projects.
kl8847

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:47:28 AM

They are really many, but as many here say, I agree. There is not so many of cryptocurrencies that are really make a difference in the world
thegreatdodoy

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:53:44 AM

It is a not a problem.if  there are so many crypt-currencies what is the matter.people will trade.invest in the good ones.and no one is going to trade the bad ones.they  will looses there volume and after a while they will return a shit coin and forgotten.on need any regulations.

there are so many available coins now introduce in the market but yet we dont know if its profitable because until now the price is very volatile.
wvizmanos

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:36:32 AM

I do not like the idea of a regulatory body because now we are going to depend on a centralized party to tell us what it is good for us and what it is not and that kind of power always leads to corruption since those in charge of that could benefit themselves by investing in a coin before they declare it safe and make a fortune doing some insider trading, also what it is stopping them to say that bitcoin is unsafe since it is not backed by anything? So I prefer that the market remain this way and people are responsible for the consequences of their actions.

I completely agree with this. Regulation defeats the purpose of decentralization. What the technology can probably do is to come up with some sort of "one safe source" of information, that can filter out bad icos through careful study of the ICO's entirety. With this, investors can safely choose which ICO they could invest in.
Is this far fetched?
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:09:53 PM

I think somehow you have a point but you are like being selfish or like limiting yourself from discovering better cryptocurrency. In the way you are talking, it is obviously that you are so much favor with Bitcoin. What I mean is that we should give chance to other company to build their ICO. maybe it can be much better to BItcoin tho.
malah

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:27:18 PM

technology is growing and now there are too many crypto currencies, but I'm not a problem with it, even it will be a lot of choices for us to choose which coin will benefit and provide profit for us

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
yohan09

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:16:22 PM

Yes, this is alarming to our part since we don't know who are legal and some are fraud, There should some organization to scrutinize carefully the projects and follow strict ruling to make us safer to invest. This is also a factor bitcoin would not reach out its expected price value because of multiple coins sprouting yearly.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:04:37 PM

Legislative corporation in legal and illegally confirmed need to be very necessary. It avoids the fraudulent cheating of cheats. But as we know there is no cryptocurrency to manage it. So it's all returned to the devotees to be able to save themselves and friends around. This is what sometimes the government reminds us to be cautious in investing in the crypto world.

Lionkingmarketer

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 02:13:28 PM

It's good because it stimulates every cryptocurrency company to appeal even more to the public.
It filters out the weak coins.
On the other hand it's bad for the new investors who jump into every single coin they can find and hope to hit the next ethereum.

The only way to regulate this without going with some centralized entity would be to use a site where people can vote on legitimacy of certain projects, preferably hosted through a smart contract on the blockchain. Would be a perfect project for someone to pick up!
The main thing now is to filter out the scammy projects from the legitimate ones.
3rrr angels

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:34:37 PM

It's good because it stimulates every cryptocurrency company to appeal even more to the public.
It filters out the weak coins.
On the other hand it's bad for the new investors who jump into every single coin they can find and hope to hit the next ethereum.

The only way to regulate this without going with some centralized entity would be to use a site where people can vote on legitimacy of certain projects, preferably hosted through a smart contract on the blockchain. Would be a perfect project for someone to pick up!
The main thing now is to filter out the scammy projects from the legitimate ones.

Every now and then theres new coin introduce in the market and yet we know dont if its profitable to invest  so before investing it we should be carefully checked the crypto we invested because investing in crypto is too  risky.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:42:47 PM

Many coins are coming into the crypto currency community with different technology and many of them don't really have value and above all it is all duplication of what is in existence which i believe regulation will be the only solution in other to reduce the risk from people who will be investing in those coins.
But you know there are no rules and conditions to make a coin. so do not be surprised if coins keep coming very much. some of these coins even have only replica or duplicate technology. many of them also intend to do a scam. so if there are certain rules and conditions maybe it will reduce the number of cryptocurrency and certainly will reduce the risk
martaga

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:43:56 PM

So many coins lead to confusion for the investors. There are so many coins having the word bitcoin in them which is misleading like bitcoin cash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: