Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 907551 times)
TRilon

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:15:07 PM

For a long time it was necessary to introduce such a ban                                                                         .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indahkfi

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 03:42:42 PM

Wouldn't it be better to monitor and lock what can be considered dead giveaways, rather then just flat out ban them?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 09:40:16 PM

Wouldn't it be better to monitor and lock what can be considered dead giveaways, rather then just flat out ban them?

I believe the altcoin giveaways were banned due to the fact that they filled up the forum with pointless posts, especially in such areas like Announcements (Altcoins), where coins with giveaways would push down all the topics that didn't have them.

theRattler

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 12:13:32 PM

I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

Bitcoin forum
, people donated for a Bitcoin forum. Many of those people want Alt Coins gone entirely from Bitcointalk. The Altcoin section was made essentially as an off topic section, to group all non bitcoin crypto currencies in one place that is out of the way from the Bitcoin discussion. The spam is overwhelming the entire forum.

Don't see why they want this, I mean if peoples don't go out the alt section, where is the problem ?
It's 1 forums against more than 10 others and it's one of the more dynamic ...
All alts are bitcoin (NXT is the exception ?) based, so they are part of bitcoin and they have a spot here. If it's a bitcoin forum here, the bitcoin childrens should be accepted.

I call for organisation instead of censorship.

It does seem a little extreme to say the spam is overwhelming the entire forum. I agree if people don#t adhere to the sections and the rules they should be banned but give away's can be about the distribution of wealth or community building within the realm of digital currency.

One might claim that Alt coins in general, well in their more pure forms, can help encourage the positive growth of a decentralised digital currency. As a development of bitcoin surly this deserves a place amongst the forums in some way. It is just about making room and a discourse which a majority can agree with.
geralth

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 04:50:22 PM

does the probl solved alrdy?

its about trust in my prbably wrong opinion.

I dont trust any other forums in case site checking. You SCAM-WARNING POLICE is one of the best if not the best online avaible :***

Thats why ppl want to post here not elswhere.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 12:19:17 AM

my understanding is that you can give away whatever to whoever for any reason, but the proper way to do so would be.....

go here(external link, not referal) and sign up and you will be given 1000 new altcoins, good luck and thanks for your support

versus

go to the link and sign up then post your username and some other info here and we will give you 1000 coins

the second would promote too much undue traffic containing nothing more than a username and maybe a word, whereas the first requires no response without the user choosing to say something, therefore spam is created by the replies9by choice) rather than encouraged by the OP

i also think some OP's can include an online spreadsheet link, showing the new signups and payouts and such, so that users do have something to look at that  will show them there is interest in the project from others, rather than just signing up and assuming others are too

the rule creates the need for quality feedback on the project as a reply versus simple garbage and i do personally hate a brand new OP/ANN that is suddenly ten pages long and filled with crap, not even the OP's fault per se, but i want to read about the project, then read some feedback and some OP replies to questions without scrolling through page after page reading "morantis give me my bonus" or "morantis"

i like the rule, just wanted to help the new ANN guys see that it is ok to promote through a give away, just keep the long list of crap on your own site
arwani1985

Activity: 817
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:07:37 AM

yes, thanks for info
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 04:43:37 PM

I believe the altcoin giveaways were banned due to the fact that they filled up the forum with pointless posts, especially in such areas like Announcements (Altcoins), where coins with giveaways would push down all the topics that didn't have them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1519277.0

care to explain that ?  Roll Eyes

i guess theymos saying he likes Monero and the blatant & rampant shit Monero gets away with here
make it pretty obvious it just depends on who you are and what shitcoin your flogging.

I have pointed out ENDLESSLY a pile of examples with Monero.
And they are all still ignored.. and right in front of your nose.

Lack of consistency screams corruption here.

FUD first & ask questions later™
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 07:50:31 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1519277.0

care to explain that ?  Roll Eyes

i guess theymos saying he likes Monero and the blatant & rampant shit Monero gets away with here
make it pretty obvious it just depends on who you are and what shitcoin your flogging.

I have pointed out ENDLESSLY a pile of examples with Monero.
And they are all still ignored.. and right in front of your nose.

Lack of consistency screams corruption here.

From OP:

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Go troll somewhere else. Preferrably not on Bitcointalk.

won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 06:27:35 AM

How long this is giveaway not allowed?

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
adejavad

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 04:03:45 PM

If alt coin giveaways are forbiden, I am more than willing to accept any amount of BTCs (pls ceil your numbers) :p
CroSany

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 04:50:25 PM

I think that is bad ide to move giveways or change anthing about giveways.Many sites love to share bonus because then promotion for that site is better andit helps to many bitcointalk forum users to earn more money.
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 09:32:42 AM

Threads like this, i guess?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1565481.0

CroSany

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:34:43 AM

I dont kniw why somebody wamt move giwevays when giveways are increasing forum activity,they give good promotion for site which created giwevay and user who is using giwevay have nice chance to make money.
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 10:28:47 PM

I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

Bitcoin forum
, people donated for a Bitcoin forum. Many of those people want Alt Coins gone entirely from Bitcointalk. The Altcoin section was made essentially as an off topic section, to group all non bitcoin crypto currencies in one place that is out of the way from the Bitcoin discussion. The spam is overwhelming the entire forum.

I agree, maybe just open up a new forum section for giveaway posts. To ban giveaway posts and the users doing it is a waste of great potential traffic derived from this site and banning it also hurts incentive for potential future users of bitcointalk.org.

My advice is always find a way to accommodate, don't tell people no, it could wind up being a huge loss. #OpenUpAGiveAwaySection

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
Tacalt

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:05:31 AM

Why not a subforum ?

Bitcoin forum

I agree, maybe just open up a new forum section for giveaway posts. To ban giveaway posts and the users doing it is a waste of great potential traffic derived from this site and banning it also hurts incentive for potential future users of bitcointalk.org.

My advice is always find a way to accommodate, don't tell people no, it could wind up being a huge loss. #OpenUpAGiveAwaySection

Problem is if they open up a section just for giveaways it wont be targeted specific to what the creators of the giveaways are trying to give out and therefor will always be less effective lost in a sea of giveaways. Its a nice compromise but I doubt Bitcointalk.org will go for it.
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:42:39 AM

Why not a subforum ?

Bitcoin forum

Problem is if they open up a section just for giveaways it wont be targeted specific to what the creators of the giveaways are trying to give out and therefor will always be less effective lost in a sea of giveaways. Its a nice compromise but I doubt Bitcointalk.org will go for it.

Dude shut up, like you know what Bitcointalk wants or doesn't want lol, they should just make a section for posting giveaways plain and simple!

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
psomas2

Activity: 304

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:19:11 PM

Here is what I do not get tho, WHY? Huh

All it would take is a new section dedicated to giveaway posts to make everyone happy.

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:31:57 AM

Here is what I do not get tho, WHY? Huh

All it would take is a new section dedicated to giveaway posts to make everyone happy.

Because they are annoying and no one likes them, a thread specifically for them would be stupid.
Gutembergin

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:36:09 PM

question, what constitutes a giveaway thread?
is it any thread where something is being given away?
why is this bad?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: