Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 910931 times)
Colorelse6754

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:59:38 AM

This site still has the best source of information, i started out on this forum and giveaway's kept me returning to the forum when i was bored, while on the site i learned about PTS and took interest in mining it at its release, I then learned more returning to the site after having grown a deep interest in crypto currency, it all started through forum giveaway's.
coinxwife

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:13:18 PM

I dont have any idea why giveaway threads is not allowed, maybe it the concepts or the inside story of this discussion may varry a lots of expectations that cannot acceptable to others who are involve i think it is..
GangNamSK

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:08:34 PM

Currently the topic is only done to advertise and give coins to the community to use and try to create a lot of coin exposure and good feelings when most places just worthless, is very valuable. To do just that for a coin giveaway appears in the right category and related content. I think so.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:56:07 PM

I dont have any idea why giveaway threads is not allowed
If you'll read what theymos said you might understand what's its all about.
Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

maybe it the concepts or the inside story of this discussion may varry a lots of expectations that cannot acceptable to others who are involve i think it is..
I bolded that part for you.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
caseback

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:32:03 AM

Giveaway threads is part of this forum but most policy of bounty campaigns are not allowing to post this site, they want to aware of this because their are lot of spammers who hide and many  are not knowing this site.
Nahid Alom

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:51:55 PM

Don't see why they want this, I mean if peoples don't go out the alt section, where is the problem ?
It's 1 forums against more than 10 others and it's one of the more dynamic ...
All alts are bitcoin (NXT is the exception ?) based, so they are part of bitcoin and they have a spot here. If it's a bitcoin forum here, the bitcoin childrens should be accepted.   Smiley
Ethan101

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:08:20 AM

I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.
Fqure3

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:53:44 PM

This site still has the best source of information, i started out on this forum and giveaway's kept me returning to the forum when i was bored, while on the site i learned about PTS and took interest in mining it at its release, I then learned more returning to the site after having grown a deep interest in crypto currency, it all started through forum giveaway's.
quanbin27

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:16:57 PM

Good advice.

Using an alternate cryptocurrency client would be a great way to get many people to install a hidden virus that targets Bitcoin users.

If you have a significant amount of Bitcoins, I wouldn't run other clients on the same computer until the alternates have developed trust over a longer period of time... I'm probably on the paranoid side of things though.

These new cryptocurrencies are interesting, and it will be fascinating to see how it will all play out.
Dmberum

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:02:51 PM

In the event that alt coin giveaways are forbiden, I am more than willing to acknowledge any measure of BTCs (pls ceil your numbers) :p
zoomzoom

Activity: 350
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:38:57 AM

Would like some clarity on this, I am running a giveaway for a campaign but the prize is in ETH.. the OP says most giveaways are not allowed, our giveaway the requirment is to fill in a google form, then receive payment based on provably fair system, not promoting posting any more than another bounty thread. The bounty is to post on twitter, and once done link in the thread.. so is this allowed or not?

geforce94

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:41:20 AM

Following some threads here and you get invited to post in this forum in exchange for some new coins. That sounds appealing, right?  But it paid posts makes a forum weak, because it encourage spamming. I still like to make some new coins, but I hate spamming, so it is a good initiative!
brave77

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:58:05 AM

I do think some of the newer "airdrops" fall very close to being giveaways and I'm a little perplexed at how some recent sig/bounty campaigns have been clamped down on whilst some VERY sketchy airdrop threads are able to run unchecked.
Drumora

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:47:42 PM

How frequent would so you say giveaway scams and spam posts are on BCT threads on a scale from 1 to 10?
Drumora

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:32:05 PM

What do you guys look for in a coin before investing and what are the main factors that gravitate you to certain coins?
diego ramos

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:25:33 AM

If giveaway threads are allowed in a sub-forum where the posts do not show up in "recent topics" or "new replies", then what harm would it possibly do?
Vimukes

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:23:44 AM

Am glad that something has been done to keep this from happening. An excessive number of themes where been made just to advance and give coins out for individuals to utilize and take a stab at making part of introduction and great vibes about coins when most where simply useless. On the off chance that individuals need to complete a give away at that point in any event do that give-away without anyone else site or a place where it should be possible. Perhaps make an area up only for coin giveaway to keep stuff in one segment and no all around.
Gdweru7

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:19:39 AM

I need no one's advice on any coin. I want the free coins whenever possible. If I then choose to invest, I will. If there were a btc giveaway for following on twitter or whatever, this wouldn't even be an issue. This decision simply makes it harder for the little guy to market his coin, ideas, and business plans without needing tons of money.
Dugwulim

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:27:54 AM

Its great that giveaway strings are not permitted as it will give a straight way to everybody with respect to not to get occupied and dependably search for the free items.I would rather say that there ought to be some contract and employments segment where individuals can work and afterward win as opposed to getting something for free.Its a negative behavior pattern without a doubt.
Fipolen2

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:12:08 AM

It also leaves a lot of room for opinion and bias. Someone of the mods could be affiliated with the user suspected of scamming and would ignore certain evidence. Aside form that, moderation of scams gives a false sense of security. Let's not forget that with so many scams, moderation of those would practically be the only thing we'd be able to do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: