Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:57:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 936917 times)
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:06:46 PM

Couldn't you organize a poll and ask if people would like to have a subforum or totally get rid off the giveaways?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434671.0
PureApeshit

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:08:00 PM

oh noooooo the economy colapse!!!! the banks are shuting down our altcoinz!!!!! omg what to do!!!! riot!
noedelx

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:09:24 PM

Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

No, it promotes spam, it's detrimental to actual discussion, and brings nothing at all of value to the forum. It's never been allowed on the forum in general, they are restricted to games and rounds. Alt currencies was different because there was no games and rounds/giveaway forum. I've thought about this as well but didn't care enough to do anything about it, but since theymos did, I support it fully. Y'all need to stop spamming the forum before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted, it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I liked the alt currencies section once upon a time, but it's completely and utterly worthless at the moment because of all the spam.

TLDR If your announcement thread has a giveaway in it, it will be locked.

I've seen places without spam... How is that possible? Oh.. I know.. They know how to deal with it without shutting down 70% of their traffic...

Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

No, it promotes spam, it's detrimental to actual discussion, and brings nothing at all of value to the forum. It's never been allowed on the forum in general, they are restricted to games and rounds. Alt currencies was different because there was no games and rounds/giveaway forum. I've thought about this as well but didn't care enough to do anything about it, but since theymos did, I support it fully. Y'all need to stop spamming the forum before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted, it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I liked the alt currencies section once upon a time, but it's completely and utterly worthless at the moment because of all the spam.

TLDR If your announcement thread has a giveaway in it, it will be locked.

Stop being such a gangster.

''before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted'' <= Wont happen, ever. Capone.

It's staff's mistake, not people's mistake. They could make a new sub-forum AGES ago, instead of closing threads.

Most of the admins are lazy, bored to move their little finger. That's what happens.

Make a new section for giveaways.

exactly what most of us are talking about... I know a couple of users on this forum which are only trolls and scammers, nothing good out of them comes out, and I know they were reported to moderators over and over again and that just fuels them more and more because they know moderators won't do anything about it so they come back as bigger jerks every f-in time...
Who cares anyway.. I don't need giveaways and I don't need this forum, but this is just stupid and owners/admins are only one to blame (I know it's not an easy job but it is a JOB and if you can't take it, stap away, somebody can)...

i Reported a Person for days straight and even Pm'ed a Admin not a single response the guy is still swearing and talking shit 24/7
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:10:12 PM

oh noooooo the economy colapse!!!! the banks are shuting down our altcoinz!!!!! omg what to do!!!! riot!
Such nickname, such signature, such attitude.

Half of the views this topic has are coming from my followers.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:10:38 PM

I've seen places without spam... How is that possible? Oh.. I know.. They know how to deal with it without shutting down 70% of their traffic...

That 70% of traffic was paid spam, it isn't needed or wanted. I understand people will be upset because they can't pay people to spam their threads and that hurts their bottom line, and they don't care about the consequences to people who actually want to discuss things, but y'all are going to have to get over it, and stop being such drama queens.

Giveaway King, lol.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:13:24 PM

They did: OFF SITE

You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

so have fun.  the rest of the site can enjoy the peace and quiet, without the donours and ops footing the bill for giveaway spam, "i'll pay you for your sig" threads, and other bullshit which adds nothing to the site except to the noise and server bills. We can't even have a conversation here without having to sort through 8 or 10 freeloaders bumping giveaway threads for coins i don't and will never give two shits about.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:14:15 PM

whats next limiting each altcoin to 1 thread lol

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:16:54 PM

That 70% of traffic was paid spam, it isn't needed or wanted. I understand people will be upset because they can't pay people to spam their threads and that hurts their bottom line, and they don't care about the consequences to people who actually want to discuss things, but y'all are going to have to get over it, and stop being such drama queens.

Giveaway King, lol.

Yeah, Giveaway King, forum moderator.

"Paid spam", mhm, I see. So, in other words I paid people to come and spam here. Gotcha.

I'm not getting upset, I'm getting more support from the people who actually know me. That's a big plus.

anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:18:52 PM

whats next limiting each altcoin to 1 thread lol
One thread for Bitcoin, one thread for altcoins, one thread for trading, one thread for mining, one thread for offtopic and so on. Forum will surely become more clean, tidy and organized! Think about this offer Cool
hastalavista

Activity: 197

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:19:45 PM

i have a question to bitcointalk

didn't your earnings get boosted by the mega traffic from these altcoin people ?

because under every first post in the forums you show ads, don't you?

i can be wrong of course, that is why i am asking Tongue
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:20:58 PM

i've always wondered who exactly was bumping those giveaway threads; looks like they're all posting in this thread now. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:21:04 PM

i have a question to bitcointalk

didn't your earnings get boosted by the mega traffic from these altcoin people ?

because under every first post in the forums you show ads, don't you?

i can be wrong of course, that is why i am asking Tongue
Wait for theymos, let's see what he has to say.

Those forum moderators are tough.

elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:25:33 PM

i really don't think its a good idea to ban giveaways on your forum, cant we have a separate sub for giveaways and advertising. the giveaways bring a lot of people to you site. your forum is the mecca for all alt coin talk, and in turn could speed up the public's exposure to cryptcurrencies which is what everyone wants. one other thing their seems to be a lot of old threads mainly giveaways which look dead, is their a way we can have the closed or locked.

thanks.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
matriculator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:29:45 PM

I personally discovered BitcoinTalk because of one of these giveaway threads, and whenever I introduce people to cryptocurrency, I tell them that if they want to start off without paying money they should probably look up "giveaways" of certain coins on Google, and Bitcointalk is usually always the first result. You may have a personal grudge against alternate coins and that's understandable as there are many so called sh*t coins out there but you should let the market decide which coins will succeed and which won't. Not only this but you're going to drive your audience- which you acknowledge is big for this kind of thing- to other forums made either specifically for giveaways or those who are competing with you.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:32:26 PM

Anyway, my offer still stands. I'll pay for extra hardware, just to support a giveaway section.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:40:25 PM

I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

Bitcoin forum
, people donated for a Bitcoin forum. Many of those people want Alt Coins gone entirely from Bitcointalk. The Altcoin section was made essentially as an off topic section, to group all non bitcoin crypto currencies in one place that is out of the way from the Bitcoin discussion. The spam is overwhelming the entire forum.
Then remove the altcoin subforums if that's so.

Thats the next step if things continue to get out of hand.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:43:14 PM

I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

Bitcoin forum
, people donated for a Bitcoin forum. Many of those people want Alt Coins gone entirely from Bitcointalk. The Altcoin section was made essentially as an off topic section, to group all non bitcoin crypto currencies in one place that is out of the way from the Bitcoin discussion. The spam is overwhelming the entire forum.
Then remove the altcoin subforums if that's so.

Things will continue to get out of hand. This is not communism era.

Either remove alts from the forum or let people do their own stuff.

RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:46:36 PM

This forum wasn't meant for giveaways, so they banned it. There is no harm in that, another forum will pop up sooner than later which caters to this need.

No biggie.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:56:49 PM

This forum wasn't meant for giveaways, so they banned it. There is no harm in that, another forum will pop up sooner than later which caters to this need.

No biggie.

You're right.

I'm continuing my giveaways at my own forum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434310.0

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:58:52 PM

Things will continue to get out of hand. This is not communism era.

Either remove alts from the forum or let people do their own stuff.

Thats the next plan if this doesn't help.

Stop being such a gangster.

''before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted'' <= Wont happen, ever. Capone.

It's staff's mistake, not people's mistake. They could make a new sub-forum AGES ago, instead of closing threads.

Most of the admins/mods are lazy, bored to move their little finger. That's what happens.

Could be as soon as today if I can't get things straightened up.

You would be surprised by how many reports the Alt Currency section generates per day, far more than the rest of the entire forum combined. I'd say about 200-300 on a non busy day, but I've seen 1,000+ on heavy traffic days. At 30 seconds to finish an action on reports that dont involve reading a page of context to decide a report's validity, you are looking at a minimum of an hour and a half worth of Alt Coin reports to deal with, thats like on a Sunday when there isn't much traffic. 3-4 hours isn't uncommon, and when dogecoin was first released it was far more than that. Its not laziness, its trying to remove spam, not content in general. Having an Alt Coin Giveaway subforum doesn't fix the problem, it just shifts the spam to another subforum. The fact of the matter is that there is just too much content to be held on the Bitcoins forums. The intent was not to host alt coin conversation here; like I keep saying, it was to help direct people to their own forums.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: