Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:21:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 901701 times)
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 10:48:06 PM

The Alt section is much better without all the giveaway spam.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:56:02 PM

thanks to idiotic rules!

heard that this site is gonna be DDoSed soon

mistress_magpie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Retired from the mistressing business

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:01:51 PM

DdOS - great - very mature. Can't you just start your own site for giveaways?

1MEuWAgzeArG9sittnqhuTHkMtgvirZvuS
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:09:06 PM

People don't seem to understand. Essentially we are saying, we don't want your coin spam here. Take it to your own forums, Bitcointalk doesn't cater to thousands of threads about *insert coin*. We aren't motivated to keep the conversation here, so a vote wont do anything, we are trying to get you to take your conversations elsewhere.

People that are saying, FIX IT OR WE WILL LEAVE! thats kind of our intentions. Obviously we don't want people to leave the bitcoin discussion here, but we do want you to take the majority of your altcoin discussion elsewhere. This is Bitcointalk, it can't handle the alt coin discussion volume for 600 different coins, so we are asking that you take it to your own forums.

KeyserSozeMC, we are trying to get people to do exactly what you are doing. Creating your own forums for giveaways like you are doing, I actually really appreciate it.

The main point here that is irritating that people are ignoring, if we don't cut down the post spam, IE hundreds of thousands of posts of people just pasting their addresses, we will lose the entire section. I for one would like to keep the Alt Currency section, however people seem to be ignoring the fact that creating a giveaway subforum wont help. We want the excess spam off of Bitcointalk, not just jammed in a different corner.
devnullius

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:10:37 PM

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

We need organisation, it's to easy to just forbid.

I agree! Not a smart move. Put in a separate board. You're the first forum NOT happy with active users!!

Reading the rest of the comments now...

Bad karma Sad
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:13:39 PM

their server cant handle 600 users

devnullius

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:16:25 PM

Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand Giveaways are good for advertising your coin while spreading the wealth around, but on the other defunct giveaways went unlocked with people constantly posting causing spam.

Wouldn't it be better to monitor and lock what can be considered dead giveaways, rather then just flat out ban them?

Yeah the dead giveaways where a nuisance - they should be locked indeed.

I wanted to update my giveaway thread a minute ago but got locked in the last 10 minutes Sad Not even giving me time to update new URL!!!!

This is not a nice way of doing business - plugging everything SO SUDDEN Sad

Again, more baaaad karma - at least let me update the thread!!

devnullius
KingGoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:19:10 PM

bullshit coins DIE now cuz giveaways banned  Cool Cool best thing that happend on bitcointalk ever  Cheesy Cheesy

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
gjerek

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:20:59 PM

If alt coin giveaways are forbiden, I am more than willing to accept any amount of BTCs (pls ceil your numbers) :p
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:34:38 PM

People don't seem to understand. Essentially we are saying, we don't want your coin spam here. Take it to your own forums, Bitcointalk doesn't cater to thousands of threads about *insert coin*. We aren't motivated to keep the conversation here, so a vote wont do anything, we are trying to get you to take your conversations elsewhere.

People that are saying, FIX IT OR WE WILL LEAVE! thats kind of our intentions. Obviously we don't want people to leave the bitcoin discussion here, but we do want you to take the majority of your altcoin discussion elsewhere. This is Bitcointalk, it can't handle the alt coin discussion volume for 600 different coins, so we are asking that you take it to your own forums.

KeyserSozeMC, we are trying to get people to do exactly what you are doing. Creating your own forums for giveaways like you are doing, I actually really appreciate it.

The main point here that is irritating that people are ignoring, if we don't cut down the post spam, IE hundreds of thousands of posts of people just pasting their addresses, we will lose the entire section. I for one would like to keep the Alt Currency section, however people seem to be ignoring the fact that creating a giveaway subforum wont help. We want the excess spam off of Bitcointalk, not just jammed in a different corner.

From the original post in this thread: "Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here."

We don't want spam, but we allow spam elsewhere in a specific section for the spam, but we won't make a spam section here because we don't want spam.

I just love this logic......

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:41:50 PM

From the original post in this thread: "Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here."

We don't want spam, but we allow spam elsewhere in a specific section for the spam, but we won't make a spam section here because we don't want spam.

The volume of Giveaway spam is literally thousands of times greater than the Bitcoin giveaways in the games and rounds section. I don't know why people are fighting me on this one, I've been the alt coin mod for over a year, if anyone has a soft spot for alts its me, but I'm just getting insanely frustrated that people are willing to keep up this argument. Rather than, ok if we have to get rid of Giveaways to keep the Alt Coin section alright. People are fighting me on it, saying, no I would like to keep giveaways, while doing so losing the entire Alt Coin section, Giveaways included...

This is a Bitcoin forum. The Alt Coin section is so that you can post a few important things for your coin, and then direct the rest of the traffic to your own forum. I don't see whats so evil about not being happy about having alt coin conversation overwhelming everything else. There is a solution, and its one that we have wanted all along. Compile extensive information about your coins, on their own forums.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 11:42:22 PM

You don't see the difference in giveaway spam for one coin that this forum was created for, and giveaway spam for 600 separate altcoins? Can't really help you if you don't.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:43:42 PM

Not really pertaining to giveaways but just curious how much did the volume increase after the newbie jail rules were changed
Sensing a lot ran into giveaways

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
carlomagno

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:00:05 AM

Where´s the problem?

Giveaways= PROMOTIONS

cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:05:26 AM

this will kill bitcoin..you will see bitcoin crash to 300 usd

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:05:34 AM

Where´s the problem?

Giveaways= PROMOTIONS

Promotions and spam for hundreds of coins that the Bitcoin forums has to deal with, despite it being a Bitcoin forum and not a *insert coin* forum.

this will kill bitcoin..

Only if we are lucky. If Bitcoin can be killed by removing Alt Coin giveaways from an unaffiliated forum, its best that we lose it now.
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:06:59 AM

rate allready crashing

fuckng genius these people

you harm bitcoin more than chinese did

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:09:19 AM

rate allready crashing

You can make uninteligent speculation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=57.0
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 12:14:34 AM

rate allready crashing

you harm bitcoin more than chinese did
BTC's price isn't crashing cause of this thread..

Just saying..

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:15:07 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 12:42:58 AM by Chris001

The problem is they feel altcoins hurt them and they THINK they are better because they focus on a REAL coin! You can sense it between every word. They are shooting themselves in the foot. You see this stuff everyday. I thought bitcoin people were different. Just another day I guess.... "why are they fighting ME" lol

I don't like giveaways myself, I don't care about them. The thing is others DO like them. It doesn't hurt me if others like giveaways. Oh, and don't complain either or your whole section will be gone. lol

I thought bitcoin would be around forever. I hope it is. I've been telling everyone I can about it. I just pray the people who were at that meeting in Miami think differently than this, or my beloved bitcoin will be another myspace.

Those with the power need to remember this: There will always be someone ahead of you, and always someone behind you. You are defined by how you treat the one behind you, much more than how you treat the one in front of you.

I'll say this again. Your boss is the one that promotes you, but it's those who are under you that fire you. Think about that when you think a shitcoin is worthless. It's tied to you. Wake up! Pushing it away will be your destruction.

Don't be the one in two years that says they got a bad hand (damn shitcoins). It's your choice if you win or lose with the hands you were dealt. You must be more wise. IMHO of course. Sure it will feel cleaner in the site, but at what cost??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: