Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed  (Read 896260 times)
Dragon1134

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:34:40 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 12:42:41 PM by Dragon1134

Would you be able to unlock the main HonorCoin thread for us? I would appreciate it
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645946.0

Edit: Thank you Bear

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:55:49 PM

Yep, thanks for the reply badbear!
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:59:40 AM

the most weird thing was, when you got paid for writing posts against ripple. what a wacka
poncawarrior

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:20:31 PM

I followed a giveaway - that asked me to post a thank you. then found out by having - my post deleted - that it was not allowed. So thanks for letting me know that - posting a thank you is not allowed.
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

I followed a giveaway - that asked me to post a thank you. then found out by having - my post deleted - that it was not allowed. So thanks for letting me know that - posting a thank you is not allowed.

I suspect it is because you posted in a thread that was a giveaway thread, thus bumping the thread and giving it more recognition. Officially you are now supposed to report the thread and not post in it.
hpenvy

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:36:08 AM

I don't understand the confusion, the admins made it clear:

* The alt coin section is essentially a dumpster of non-btc related information
* They would LOVE the traffic to go somewhere else
* A majority of the forum members would love the alt section to disappear

Find another site. If this forum doesn't want the traffic, I'm sure there's more than a few other boards that would enjoy it.

Chris180Z

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:15:03 PM

I don't understand the confusion, the admins made it clear:

* The alt coin section is essentially a dumpster of non-btc related information
* They would LOVE the traffic to go somewhere else
* A majority of the forum members would love the alt section to disappear

Find another site. If this forum doesn't want the traffic, I'm sure there's more than a few other boards that would enjoy it.

http://cryptorun.com/forums/giveaways.37/

This is my giveaway section that currently sits quite empty. People can use that if they want. There are also a few other sites out there that offer crypto giveaways. Feel free to spam these forums or mine in the link above. (I asked a mod before posting this as I did not want to seem spammy, and they said they would welcome giveaway alternative sites to drive them specific threads off here).
ABC Dev Team

Activity: 137

Thanks for exploring Abundance. (ABC)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:11:07 AM

JDS1000 of our Dev Team received the following message and was unsure of why he received it.

"Sorry JDS1000, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Conducting a banned altcoin giveaway (30 days)"

I run CryptoSandwich Giveaways and would never come close to BitcoinTalk with a giveaway.

I recently sent a DM to UseCoin to receive a giveaway.  Was that what did me in??? 

Can I appeal?  BitcoinTalk is an important part of my livelihood.  Thank you and please let me know...

JDS1000

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:20:32 AM

JDS1000 of our Dev Team received the following message and was unsure of why he received it.

"Sorry JDS1000, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Conducting a banned altcoin giveaway (30 days)"

I run CryptoSandwich Giveaways and would never come close to BitcoinTalk with a giveaway.

I recently sent a DM to UseCoin to receive a giveaway.  Was that what did me in??? 

Can I appeal?  BitcoinTalk is an important part of my livelihood.  Thank you and please let me know...

JDS1000

He was banned for doing an on-site giveaway. He broke this part of the rule:

<...>
Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.
<...>

One of the requirements was to post in your thread.

notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 02:22:24 PM

I have been talking with the developer of MonetaryUnit ($MUE http://www.monetaryunit.org/launch/). He was banned for posting a giveaway directly in his currency's ANN thread, as you can read in his earlier post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434310.msg8152242#msg8152242

It looks as though the ten days' worth of ban time has long since elapsed.

I'd like to see an ANN thread for this coin, without inclusion of any giveaway obviously, appear again on BCT, for the further promotion and propagation of this coin and its community development. I've offered to post the MonetaryUnit ANN myself, but first I'd like a clear understanding of why the original developer's ban has continued, lest I become forum banned in my attempt to help.

Thanks for your time.

twitter.com/notsofast
Jaaawsh

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Check out Fastslots.co !!!!

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:28:23 AM

So you ban people for doing giveaways, but when people scam that's completely fine?

develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:37:16 PM

So you ban people for doing giveaways, but when people scam that's completely fine?

+1

It doesn't makes sense to me honestly. Is there any good reason?

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 10:41:20 AM

+1

It's much more complicated to find out if something is a scam. You have to question various people, gather evidence, listen to the accused and then do a verdict on whether he's guilty. It also leaves a lot of room for opinion and bias. Someone of the mods could be affiliated with the user suspected of scamming and would ignore certain evidence. Aside form that, moderation of scams gives a false sense of security. Let's not forget that with so many scams, moderation of those would practically be the only thing we'd be able to do.

MyPotPlantDied

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:41:14 PM

Why not have a single thread that is solely for giveaways? I admit I didn't like the giveaway threads cluttering up everything but I think they should have a home somewhere on here.
rachman

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:43:38 PM

+1

It's much more complicated to find out if something is a scam. You have to question various people, gather evidence, listen to the accused and then do a verdict on whether he's guilty. It also leaves a lot of room for opinion and bias. Someone of the mods could be affiliated with the user suspected of scamming and would ignore certain evidence. Aside form that, moderation of scams gives a false sense of security. Let's not forget that with so many scams, moderation of those would practically be the only thing we'd be able to do.
I agree, investigations can and should be conducted, but there is always such a thing as a personal opinion.
Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:48:58 AM

It require a lot of time and effort to do a good and righteous investigation, but I think it worth it.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 08:53:13 AM

It require a lot of time and effort to do a good and righteous investigation, but I think it worth it.

Ok, you go ahead and do it then.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 03:40:32 PM

In the end, personal opinions still affect the conclusion.

MUnit

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:44:10 AM

I have been talking with the developer of MonetaryUnit ($MUE http://www.monetaryunit.org/launch/). He was banned for posting a giveaway directly in his currency's ANN thread, as you can read in his earlier post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434310.msg8152242#msg8152242

It looks as though the ten days' worth of ban time has long since elapsed.

I'd like to see an ANN thread for this coin, without inclusion of any giveaway obviously, appear again on BCT, for the further promotion and propagation of this coin and its community development. I've offered to post the MonetaryUnit ANN myself, but first I'd like a clear understanding of why the original developer's ban has continued, lest I become forum banned in my attempt to help.

Thanks for your time.

Ok, you go ahead and do it then.

In the end, personal opinions still affect the conclusion.

Hi Mods, can you please advise when/if my account Mue will be allowed to post again.
Yes, I am risking this account also getting banned, but I have had no reply to ban appeal emails sent over 31 days ago, no reply to PMs sent, nor has notsofast had a reply to his post quoted above.

Yes I made a complete mess of my ANN by including an in thread giveaway - I was a noob (my first and only coin), that first ANN was deleted and the account banned, I was given no reason why, so I created another account, MonetaryUnit, did the ANN again, this time with no in thread giveaway (as a user had suggested that was probably the reason), and again, this was banned, and again with no communication or feedback.

Am I a criminal genius evil mastermind trying to scam the community?  Clearly not.
I just want to help this coin grow, and this community is a vital part of that.

I think one of yours mods wrote something like "Moderation should be done in moderation" or something along those lines, so please, re-consider my ban and allow me to have my account Mue unbanned so I can continue to work on my MonetaryUnit project.

E-mail ban appeals also quoted below.

Many thanks

MUE account ban appeal
40@monetaryunit.org [40@monetaryunit.org]

Sent: Aug 2, 7:42 am
To: banappeals-w6pquw43@theymos.e4ward.com
Hi, I have obviously broken forum rules, and hoped you could let me know exactly what, so I can make sure not to make the same mistake again?

I am assuming it was because my ANN suggested posting wallet addresses for give-aways?
This was mentioned in a post to me by a user, and I did amend the ANN.

Yes, I understand ignorance is not an excuse, but would appreciate some feedback.

Many thanks

MUE

Account MonetaryUnit
40@monetaryunit.org [40@monetaryunit.org]

Sent: Aug 3, 3:01 am
To: banappeals-w6pquw43@theymos.e4ward.com
Hi please see below, this is a PM I have sent to Theymos.
Your feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

The first occasion I included an in thread giveaway - granted, my error (This was my first ever ANN).
The second was several hours ago, and as suggested in in your thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434310.460
I made sure there was no in thread giveaway, users could go to an external site, or PM their wallet address.

I really want to contribute to this community, and without some feedback on where I am going wrong, it is very difficult for me to move forward.

I have now paid two IP unblocking fees, and had two accounts banned, which from a PR perspective, is not ideal for a coin launch.

I would really appreciate your input.

Many thanks
thatguy42

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:43:25 PM

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

The thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623884.1460
MMXIV coin
Is giving stolen, unclaimed coins, to boost his private altcoin multipool.
No one is allowed to know what is mined.
He gives coins to loyal followers.
He then takes stolen, unclaimed coins; to trade for altcoins mined on his multipool.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: