Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:43:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
Sanglotslongs

Activity: 448
Merit: 280

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:08:05 PM

Domob did a patch, but I am too far behind to actually get the client working (need to download the blockchain).

You can download faster the blockchain here :

Block Chain Download @ Block 73042 https://mega.co.nz/#!7oRWlLpC!4pWoNHwgzvJd7ekfksk5H-jYMyXb-ywxhqQ-sj6SOxc

And finish with normal sync (I quoted the link from the OP)
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:08:55 PM

no offense but lemmi get this straight... so you actually have to sit at your computer and spend hours on a game with bad graphics to get a decent amount of coins? Automation of mining is a benefit, why take that away?

Amazing, isn't it?

Only issue is apparently the merged mining bit has not taken off really.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:18:03 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 03:43:00 PM by snailbrain

Snailbrain, have you tried having a chat with rsnel about the daemon/merge mining crash? He's pretty clued up on the whole thing..... Wink

already did Smiley
still waiting for some pools to upgrade and test (and exchanges).. i've already PM'd/emailed them.

seems is working for most people.. maybe rsnel can help you.. but  need backtraces for devs to look if you are getting crashes still

Hi all just looking into hunter for the first time. Can someone tell me what all snailbrain has done in the past and what other of the devs working on this coin have done in the past?

Cheers, happy hunting.

do you mean in general, or do you mean in crypto world? if mean what other coins, what are there? anyone can create a normal altcoin.. there are only 3 or 4 which actually show innovation.

I managed the development of Namecoin-qt (and initiated, funded, designed? UI) and co-ordinated deployment of critical namecoin bug spotted by Libcoin (Michael @ Kraken)

I created(?), funded, managed, designed (all game mechanics/UI/concept) the Huntercoin project, and am liaising with devs, pools, exchanges and others to improve it.

The thecoder Mikhail, passed away 2+ weeks ago - he was the C++ expert who converted thoughts into code ("impossible" was not in his dictionary). Mikhail coded both Namecoin-qt and Huntercoin..

Devs working on the project :

Khal - Lead Namecoin dev for 2+ years?
Domob - Namecoin Dev, working on various namecoin projects, and also is undertaking the reimplementation of Namecoin onto Libcoin (and will then attempt the same for huntercoin) - this should give significant improvements.
Huntercraftmine - very skillled and has a few devs who work with him

MithrilMan, not sure what he has worked on in the past, but his client speaks louder than words anyway
Huntercoin.info - not sure of this history. but his website shows his ability

Many pools are assisting and other people of which are too many to list.

I think the dev needs to contact Cryptsy and asks if they have any difficulty in adding HUC to their market.

I have - can't do anymore, need to be patient.

Snailbrain, have you tried having a chat with rsnel about the daemon/merge mining crash? He's pretty clued up on the whole thing..... Wink

Yes, I got the crash logs. Other developers were faster than me. Crash seems to be related to non-thread safity in the JSON IO library.

Nice one rsnel, thanks for the reply  Smiley

Peace  Grin

Rsnel can't you please explain why the client is so slow during downloads?  And when we play the game?

I ran the client in the debug mode of Qt Creator and I could see that the interface freezes during

AcceptToMemoryPool
askfor tx
askfor block
received block

etc.

Snailbrain says it is because of the "reorgs" during downloads of blocks.  Domob did a patch, but I am too far behind to actually get the client working (need to download the blockchain).

Domob's patch is here:       https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/pull/13

reorgs are only causing pauses during gameplay (maybe other reasons also) - (also does the same with daemon, so don't think is qt related atm)

downloading the chain is another issue of which namecoin has too.. if rsnel can help, it would be awesome as can be ported to namecoin

domob patch doesn't fix the pausing.. we may still commit it later after some more discussion

signingoff

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:59:30 PM

BTC38.COM is about to launch English interface

Please vote for HUC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501963.0
declensions

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:06:58 PM

no offense but lemmi get this straight... so you actually have to sit at your computer and spend hours on a game with bad graphics to get a decent amount of coins? Automation of mining is a benefit, why take that away?

huntercoin is merged mining... so you can mine a scrypt coin and just get bonus huntercoin.... no benefit lost, only alot to be gained

yea that's what i meant by my question, is the game part just for bonus coins?  I wanted to know if the mining part alone pays for itself, how is the profit per 1000 kh/s ? Is it comparable to say dogecoin which is like $3-4 per day at the moment?

also, if there are bots for this game that kinda takes away the whole point haha. I.E., you make mining more human by adding a game, but someone creates automation for the game.

C2.1: CfAMDL4FJomN8bLpsPKZz3mBtdQVg7Sgbp
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:17:26 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 04:27:47 PM by snailbrain

huntercoin is merged mining... so you can mine a scrypt coin and just get bonus huntercoin.... no benefit lost, only alot to be gained

yea that's what i meant by my question, is the game part just for bonus coins?  I wanted to know if the mining part alone pays for itself, how is the profit per 1000 kh/s ? Is it comparable to say dogecoin which is like $3-4 per day at the moment?

also, if there are bots for this game that kinda takes away the whole point haha

The purpose of Huntercoin is Human mining.
Miners receive approx 20% + Death Tax -- although this can add up to a lot --  they actually receive 1 coin per block (2minutes times [for 1 algo]), 10% of coins when a player banks, and 4% of dropped coins when a player is killed.
Most coins come from inside the world.

It's merged mined, you can mine doge and huntercoin at the same time (if you can work it out - or use manicminerpool) .. doesn't take any extra energy. You won't make as much as mining the other coins if you did it solo, and to do so would be silly. You may aswell mine both simultaneously.
It's the same reason no one solo mines Namecoin - why when you can mine bitcoin at the same time for zero extra energy?

There will be plenty of bots.. but if/when the value increases they will need to be much more intelligent as they will not compete with competitive humans for a while.

For now, bots probably just walk to harvest location, get coins, walk back. They may also try to avoid other players.

Humans can set traps, cause diversions, plan ahead and use tactics/strats to dominate.

The world can easily by dominated by a well organised corp/guild/clan, at least one quadrant of the map (or one entrance to the centre). No one is really that organized ---- yet

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:31:02 PM

I have a couple questions.

1.  Is the map able to grow over time since there will be tons of people playing eventually taking up every space

2.  Does the crown reset after a certain period?  Seems yellow has had it tucked away safely for a while now.  Looks like it would be hard to get it back

3.  Will the cost to play always be 1 coin?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:40:33 PM

I have a couple questions.

1.  Is the map able to grow over time since there will be tons of people playing eventually taking up every space

2.  Does the crown reset after a certain period?  Seems yellow has had it tucked away safely for a while now.  Looks like it would be hard to get it back

3.  Will the cost to play always be 1 coin?

1. Nope will stay the same. Originally with chronokings 0.1 (test of concept), the map was infinitely expanding, we decided to make huntercoin fixed size.
Players shouldn't be able to take up every space so easily due to Destruct. if all squares are taken, 1 hunter (or general) can wipe out an area 3x3 or 5x5.
It's not really good to start changing game mechanics imo. This is huntercoin, how it is now. --- but, it wouldn't be impossible to have a teleporter which teleports you to another map..

2. Nope, only when he banks. This is why you should get the crown when it drops. It's definitely hard to get, but it can be got.. whether you are lucky or have 500 hunters to get it, or if he banks, or tries to transfer it.. it's possible. It's been dropped multiple times recently. People say he's just transfered it to cash in some coins.. well, when he does that, you have a chance to get it then too Smiley

3. for now yes, but it can change. If the Value of HUC goes up, the game will still be playable, although gameplay/tactics will change, maybe there will be less generals moving about, and maybe less players in general.. who knows.. atm there is no plans to change it.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:16:01 PM

i tryed to minning with cgminer and another programs, but i don.t succes...saying that my cpu is not "available. Can someone to make an easy program to minning for windows 8 like this one for example ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmdcX8u700

how much hash have you got?

you will need some serious hardware to mine

Scrypt difficulty is 3rd on the list, only behind litecoin and dogecoin ( http://coinchoose.com/ )
Sha256 is also high

solo mining should definitely work with GPUs, i can do myself with cgminer and cudaminer (but can't find any blocks with 1 or 2 gpu Smiley )

your best bet is merge mining with manicminer pool atm (or F2Pool, but is in chinese)

northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:24:21 PM

Bter.com asked which coin to add: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0

VOTE for HUC!

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
declensions

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:28:18 PM

also, if there are bots for this game that kinda takes away the whole point haha

Miners receive approx 20% + Death Tax -- although this can add up to a lot --  they actually receive 1 coin per block (2minutes times [for 1 algo]), 10% of coins when a player banks, and 4% of dropped coins when a player is killed.

It's merged mined, you can mine doge and huntercoin at the same time (if you can work it out - or use manicminerpool) .. doesn't take any extra energy. You won't make as much as mining the other coins if you did it solo, and to do so would be silly. You may aswell mine both simultaneously.
It's the same reason no one solo mines Namecoin - why when you can mine bitcoin at the same time for zero extra energy?

There will be plenty of bots.. but if/when the value increases they will need to be much more intelligent as they will not compete with competitive humans for a while.

For now, bots probably just walk to harvest location, get coins, walk back. They may also try to avoid other players.

Humans can set traps, cause diversions, plan ahead and use tactics/strats to dominate.

The world can easily by dominated by a well organised corp/guild/clan, at least one quadrant of the map (or one entrance to the centre). No one is really that organized ---- yet

but the purpose of mining to me, is to automate profit.   If i wanted to play a game that makes money, I'd be botting a mmo like diablo3 or even playing some other mmo by hand.

I think this would be an awesome idea with a popular mmo themed game to back up the currency though.

kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:29:10 PM

Bter.com asked which coin to add: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0

VOTE for HUC!

already voted for HUC.
Sanglotslongs

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:38:37 PM

Snailbrain, I think I found a good idea.

A lot of players are playing the game at the same moment. So we can exploit that.

I will spam in the chat :

"Vote for add huntercoin at BTER.COM : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0"
and
"Vote for add huntercoin at BTC38.COM : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501963.0"

But if you have a special account community, you can spam message in black (no team colour)  Snailbrain ?
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:19:37 PM

Snailbrain, I think I found a good idea.

A lot of players are playing the game at the same moment. So we can exploit that.

I will spam in the chat :

"Vote for add huntercoin at BTER.COM : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0"
and
"Vote for add huntercoin at BTC38.COM : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501963.0"

But if you have a special account community, you can spam message in black (no team colour)  Snailbrain ?

spam is not a good idea in this game, it cause transaction to waste space = blockchain heavier = more time to sync
my2c

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
Sanglotslongs

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:40:14 PM

Not spam but every 30 minutes send the message.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:52:20 PM

Maybe we should start a pool for bounties that would go to devs that fix these bugs? Would you be willing to escrow such a thing snailbrain? I can put up at least 100 hucs to start it up.
kulakowka

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:06:50 PM

impossible to play today. purse hangs every 5 minutes.  Angry

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:49:18 PM

but the purpose of mining to me, is to automate profit.   If i wanted to play a game that makes money, I'd be botting a mmo like diablo3 or even playing some other mmo by hand.

I think this would be an awesome idea with a popular mmo themed game to back up the currency though.

that's debatable about automated profit...
many people don't have expensive mining hardware.. personally, i'd prefer to use my mind/skill/teams to make money than using 10000kw of electricity to mine -- note, though- if the value increased, it may become more expensive to human mine..

and you can 'automate profit' with virtually no energy, by merge mining, using both the main algos Sha256/scrypt, so this opens it up to almost every hardware miner... which, no other coin has..

huntercoin is mineable by everyone..

diablo3 and other games - those virtual currencies become worthless and inflate, also can be hacked (duped), not decentralized, creator can jsut create 1billion coins, not cryptographically safe, not deflationary, no provably fair

i spent almost 10 years buying/selling virtual currencies from/in MMORPGS (it was my job).. everyone of those currencies became/become worthless..

Huntercoin is the first:
Decentralized (serverless) P2P MMOG (maybe some very simple stuff)
First Human Mineable CryptoCurrency
First "real" game inside the block chain

and you could say first dual algo (of which both are merge mineable - if you can get it working lol)

Graphics may look shit.. but, try to think of Huntercoin with a broader view Smiley

declensions

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:56:06 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 09:21:28 PM by declensions

can you explain how merged mining uses little to no energy?

i hope this project goes well. I haven't tried to mine it myself so I don't know how time consuming it is, but for most people mining is like a hobby or supplemental income. Thus, if this game were to require extensive hours to find any coins, wouldn't someone be better off working a job or two jobs?  Just something to think about.

The trade-off with traditional mining is electricity cost, but not time. Having a machine work for you while you're free to do other things. If you are giving up both time and electricity to mine, the value goes down. So the reward should be weighted more heavily towards the mining aspect IMO.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:35:42 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 10:00:32 PM by snailbrain

can you explain how merged mining uses little to no energy?

i hope this project goes well. I haven't tried to mine it myself so I don't know how time consuming it is, but for most people mining is like a hobby or supplemental income. Thus, if this game were to require extensive hours to find any coins, wouldn't someone be better off working a job or two jobs?  Just something to think about.

The trade-off with traditional mining is electricity cost, but not time. Having a machine work for you while you're free to do other things. If you are giving up both time and electricity to mine, the value goes down. So the reward should be weighted more heavily towards the mining aspect IMO.

This is the first reference to merge mining i know of - the creation of namecoin?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1790.msg28696#msg28696

personally i think having your machine work while you are free to do other things is less valuable than having a human have to spend 24 hours inside Cronosius.
The reward is weighted more heavily only towards the mining aspect, like all other coins, except the mining aspect is human mining and hardware mining.

Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: