Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:24:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879143 times)
alin8888

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:09:56 PM

My view on Bots.

First off, I have been with Huntercoin since the original launch.....stayed for re-launch. I solo gpu-mined some of the first blocks. I used to play on 3 computers before you were able to change the size of the view screen. I put up with all the lag, bugs, errors and unresponsiveness.
I no longer play Huntercoin.

However, I do still hold a good bit of Hucs(not as much as I used to, I dumped 50% of my holdings when I first realized the BGB problem). I still day-trade Hucs, and I still support the idea. But, it is pointless to play. The bots have an upper-hand, humans have to deal with lag and slow responses from client.....bots do not.

Bots take away the "human-mineable" aspect of HUC. This was one of the strongest features of the coin. Yes, I could buy or code my own bot....but how is that human-mineable? It is a bot doing the mining. Yes, also people can create teams and work together, but with the current state of the client(unresponsive, pending moves, lag) it would be close to impossible to properly coordinate stuff.

The fact is, bots will destroy the coin prices. You cannot compare early hardware BTC mining with this. BTC prices reflect the resources needed to generate them(electricity, hardware, rising difficulty, configuration time). Bots running around in the game cost the bot-owner next to nothing aside from the few hours spent coding the bot. After the bot is coded it will only take minor adjustments to keep it going. Coin prices will reflect that. When it was mostly humans playing, there was a lot of human time spent on the game.....the price reflected that. Now that people can get hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of HUCS from a few lines of code......you can't really expect the price to be more than a few cents per coin.

I am not bitter, I understand it is just a game. But, it does rub me the wrong way when this is compared to early BTC mining.

+1 it's one thing playing chess to a live opponent and another playing to a computer.

When i started people where laughing arguing on chat.. and now everyone just cursing on Bots ..
It took the human error and fun out of the game..

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:36:33 PM

I agree with many of the recent comment here. This is a game only in name. It has the appearance of a game, but if people aren't actually playing, well, what is it? I also would like to see an attempt to limit or eliminate the bots. If I want to watch computers play games, I'll watch the algo-bots manipulate the stock market.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:57:53 PM

I don't think there will be any getting rid of bots.  If it becomes bot vs bot it will still be interesting.  Everntually it might actually take alot of people's time to keep development going on their bots.  Plus it will always cost 1 HUC to play. Smiley
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 09:13:52 PM

I don't think there will be any getting rid of bots.  If it becomes bot vs bot it will still be interesting.  Everntually it might actually take alot of people's time to keep development going on their bots.  Plus it will always cost 1 HUC to play. Smiley

The more bots there are, the less value the coin has. So it will continue falling and I highly doubt there will be "development" of the bots. The bots are bringing the coin's value down into the ground. Think about it, if people can just turn on bots and run them, why would "real" people play? And if nobody is playing the game anymore, the coin loses all value.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
alin8888

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:15:13 PM

I don't think there will be any getting rid of bots.  If it becomes bot vs bot it will still be interesting.  Everntually it might actually take alot of people's time to keep development going on their bots.  Plus it will always cost 1 HUC to play. Smiley
u're kiddin.. We're not all programmers.. and it's pretty clear that the ones who have these bots aren't gonna release a source code so anyone could develop their own strategy.

Okay fine let it be bot vs bot.. 400 generals vs 400 generals.. what do i and the rest of my worldwide friends do? with different GMT. different language, different opininons..

i'm not saying i can;t beat a bot,,, but i deffinetely can't and never will beat 800

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:25:27 PM

I don't think there will be any getting rid of bots.  If it becomes bot vs bot it will still be interesting.  Everntually it might actually take alot of people's time to keep development going on their bots.  Plus it will always cost 1 HUC to play. Smiley

The more bots there are, the less value the coin has. So it will continue falling and I highly doubt there will be "development" of the bots. The bots are bringing the coin's value down into the ground. Think about it, if people can just turn on bots and run them, why would "real" people play? And if nobody is playing the game anymore, the coin loses all value.

Maybe at first it is just turn the bot on and run since you are competing against mostly humans. Eventually you are going to have to outsmart the other bots so you will need to be constantly tweaking your bot.  As was posted before its still human vs human in a sense although not the way many would like.  I don't like bots, but I really don't see how you can avoid them.
Nathonas

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 09:30:10 PM

You're missing the point. If only bots are playing, the coin has no value. And right now, every day it's getting more difficult for "human" players to mine coins. In my case for example, I haven't actually made any coins for about a week because I keep losing hunters so I'm barely keeping even.

Prominence

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:40:44 PM

The blockchain is already over 2GB.
I'm not sure if new people would even download the entire chain when it's this big.
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:22:24 PM

You're missing the point. If only bots are playing, the coin has no value. And right now, every day it's getting more difficult for "human" players to mine coins. In my case for example, I haven't actually made any coins for about a week because I keep losing hunters so I'm barely keeping even.

bot's aren't free, they have to pay for every player as "human players" do, so i don't agree about that
and watching (not much because i'm mainly on testnet to go on with my client) how bots behave, i think that often they pay an high fee to move on next block, so if someone come out with an "antibot bot", it will be more expensive for the bot owner

Of course i hope human players will keep playing the game because i'm doing my client for them and not for bot, but in future i want to add bot programming inside my client, because i believe that it's a scenario that huc players have to deal with

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
Sanglotslongs

Activity: 448
Merit: 280

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:36:05 PM

I don't like bots, but I really don't see how you can avoid them.

Just disable hunter command (with coordonate) and you must interact with the wallet by only one way : clic and go with the computer mouse.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:39:01 PM

bot's aren't free, they have to pay for every player as "human players" do, so i don't agree about that
and watching (not much because i'm mainly on testnet to go on with my client) how bots behave, i think that often they pay an high fee to move on next block, so if someone come out with an "antibot bot", it will be more expensive for the bot owner

Of course i hope human players will keep playing the game because i'm doing my client for them and not for bot, but in future i want to add bot programming inside my client, because i believe that it's a scenario that huc players have to deal with

It does not really cost anything to create teams after you recover your generals coins. If you keep your generals safe you just kill them when the runners die and collect the coins, you get back like 0.96. When I was playing I had over 90% of my generals coins recovered. Therefore, 100 teams only cost 5 HUC if you count the .01 fee.

Antibots vs. Bots? I thought this coin was about being "human-mineable" (says so right in the title).

Nathonas

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:39:10 PM

https://poloniex.com/exchange/BTC_HUC

Huc tanking super fast on poloniex.

seedtrue
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:44:03 PM

Of course it is. The price of a coin is usually directly connected with the cost needed to generate it. Now that tons of coins are going to people who do little or no work, and spend no time playing.....expect coin prices to continue to plummet. Why would they hold out for higher prices when they spent basically no money or time to gain them?
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:46:03 PM

yayks yeah seems people are panic selling

I don't like bots, but I really don't see how you can avoid them.

Just disable hunter command (with coordonate) and you must interact with the wallet by only one way : clic and go with the computer mouse.

+1 if this is possible to implement. Smiley
Nathonas

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:46:08 PM

That's exactly my point seed. That's why bots are killing the coin.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:53:56 PM

it gets more difficult because you are soloing. You can't keep mining bitcoin with 1 GPU, you need to join a pool...

maybe you could use better skill/tactics , or join a clan, and work together.

i think you are doing something drastically wrong if you haven't made any coins for about a week of playing none stop.

Of course it is. The price of a coin is usually directly connected with the cost needed to generate it. Now that tons of coins are going to people who do little or no work, and spend no time playing.....expect coin prices to continue to plummet. Why would they hold out for higher prices when they spent basically no money or time to gain them?

worrying too much Smiley

make one for <200$ , join friends, play better --- you can't solo forever

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:01:05 PM

Oh my so much BOT whinning here, wsup with that? You know, you guys just made me download newest wallet and now I'm syncing it slowly, I must
see what is all this crying about. I used to play test HUC and then immidiately after release for like 7 days. I really need to see with my own eyes how
badly BOTs (if they are BOTs) screwed the game, damn you, will you gonna pay me for new SSD if this one dies under Huntercoin heavy load?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
seedtrue
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:15:22 PM

it gets more difficult because you are soloing. You can't keep mining bitcoin with 1 GPU, you need to join a pool...

i think you are doing something drastically wrong if you haven't made any coins for about a week of playing none stop.

worrying too much Smiley

No offense snail, but I do not think you understand that this is the opposite of "you used to be able to solo mine bitcoin....."....

With Bitcoin, more people started mining so better hardware was required to keep up, so more cost went into generating the coins, which in turn caused the price to rise because people spent x amount of money to get the bitcoins.

What is happening here is less people are playing because of so many bots, no new hardware is required...so a massive amount of coins are going to people that spend no money or time to accumulate them. Why would they hold out for high prices? They spent nothing to get them.
IVI

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:33:42 PM

worrying too much Smiley

Tы чтo блять тyпopылый?!?!?! Teбe cyкa дeгиниpaтy бeзгoлoвoмy oбъяcнили, чтo aппapaтныe cвoйcтвa клиeнтa нe пoзвoляют тягaтьcя c бoтaми!!!!!!!! Bключи гoлoвy...!!! Cдeлaeшь нopмaльнo paбoтaющий клиeнт, дoбaвляй бoтoв и дeлaй чтo xoчeшь, a пoкa чтo клиeнт нe дocкoнaлeн бoтaм тyт нe мecтo!

Taк пoнятнeй?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:49:32 PM

worrying too much Smiley

No offense snail, but I do not think you understand that this is the opposite of "you used to be able to solo mine bitcoin....."....

With Bitcoin, more people started mining so better hardware was required to keep up, so more cost went into generating the coins, which in turn caused the price to rise because people spent x amount of money to get the bitcoins.

What is happening here is less people are playing because of so many bots, no new hardware is required...so a massive amount of coins are going to people that spend no money or time to accumulate them. Why would they hold out for high prices? They spent nothing to get them.

where do you see that less people are playing?
do you think the bot masters are controlling over 1k Generals each? how many do you think are being controlled out of 12k?
http://huntercoin.info/

Huntercoin mechanics are what they are, and won't change - so either adapt or give up .. if you think these bots are going to make the price go low, then that means you should buy?
cheap labour? Smiley

It is the same as bitcoin - Difficulty goes up, it gets harder to mine coins.

You can read all the original threads about how bots were/are expected, yet, they still can not compete with collaborating humans .

If huntercoin turns into who can make the smartest bots, i think that would probably be more interesting than a pure human vs human environment. maybe that's just me.

Again, a group of humans can easily overpower any bots at this time, so this is a non-factor atm, although people can't seem to see it.
-

In every game in which people compete, there will always be losers Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: