Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A user here threatened to multi fork Gamecoin within 24 hours. What can we do?  (Read 7322 times)
GamecoinFuture (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:06:43 AM

I don't know if this is a serious threat or not, but this bitcointalk user BitcoinEXpress threatened to "multiple fork" GME. I think I owe it to the community to make them aware of this threat whether it is true or false.

This has been posted on Gamecoin FB, Twitter and the official forum as well. This is what the user BitcoinEXpress PMed me 3 hours ago.

"Your coin will be multi forked in about 24 hours. I'll be giving people enough time to dump their coins or move into personal wallets"

I think he didn't like our giveaway thread started today https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435576.0

He might hate alt-coins, he may have a thing against a previous Gamecoin dev or perhaps he is doing it for fun. There is certainly not a grudge against me that I'm aware of. So here you go community, you have someone threatening to multi fork Gamecoin. I didn't create Gamecoin. I'm passionate about Gamecoin, I do hold much too but I can't just hide this threat and keep you uninformed. It is up to you to do whatever you feel is right.

Meanwhile, Gamecoin just made it to CoinPayments.net!

Gamecoin Official Thread
GME: GZCd7yLMATKdao3btJ8YCrnSqXYfj4qdvx
BTC: 17XZKtrVEyDQxANwYQwDmqcwkNhRjzJZAc
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:19:29 AM

Yeah...BCX tends to wreak havoc when he wants to 

Judging from the link to the other thread, I'd say you pissed him off...good luck   Cheesy
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 03:23:38 AM

Game over.

GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:30:01 AM

If you guys are implying your support for BCX and that it is okay to freely pass on threats to members, then you are just creating bad reputation for the whole crypto community. I am actually shocked at your implied support to this guy.

Gamecoin Official Thread
Eex77

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:31:34 AM

Oh shit son. BitcoinEXpress is the equivalent of a girl on her period, fueled by constant moodswings, anger, and overall they seem like a massive bitch.

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
silicon_chip

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:32:04 AM

Depending on what country he is in, the law can be brought down on someone like that pretty hard.

We are talking potential jail time here.
For example , in Australia, interfering with a computer network is a criminal offence.

And no one is untraceable, no matter how good they think they are, there is ALWAYS someone just a bit better.

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but I will not strike an unarmed opponent.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:34:30 AM

IMO, I dont really get what he/she gets out of all this? What does it do besides scare away people? If a coin is so bad then it will die on its own.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:37:59 AM

BCX is all talk.  (He/She) It has been threatening to fork alt coins for 9 months now with nothing to show for it.
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:40:03 AM

BCX is all talk.  (He/She) It has been threatening to fork alt coins for 9 months now with nothing to show for it.

Infact, we are hard working legit people. Check out GamecoinFuture's work. We've been working hard with passion on Gamecoin. There was even no premine on this. I'm not sure what's his problem with this?

Infact, we were appreciated and accepted by CoinPayments just like an hour ago today and now BCX attemps to fork GME?

Gamecoin Official Thread
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:45:37 AM

BCX is all talk.  (He/She) It has been threatening to fork alt coins for 9 months now with nothing to show for it.

He has proven i believe a few times he can push 500MH to 1GH in terms of scrypt hash. That can serious damage a lot of the less popular coins.  

What did gamecoin do to annoy him? Yes he should not be encouraged, but then again he usually has to have some reason to start on someone. What happened? try and pacify him if possible because i bought some gamecoin not long back.

I can't believe seriously he got this mad over the giveaway there must be some other reason, i don't even see much interest in that on that thread.... send it all my way since nobody else wants any.

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:47:57 AM

BCX is pretty disappointing, no doubt, but what's even worse is that some of the above people seem to support him and that its ok to do what he does, and why is he allowed to freely make threats here?
duuuuude

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:49:42 AM

This is actually a great test for all Alt coins, how well can they Deal with Crypto Terrorists, this will be a very important question in the future of coins, in general. One could say if your coin could make it thru BTX then your coin may have a chance.

j
tootapple

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:50:33 AM

I'm sorry, what does "multi fork" mean?
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:56:58 AM

Can anyone of you talk to him, ask him why he is interested in inflicting damage?

Gamecoin Official Thread
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:04:31 AM

DOGE showed how much hash power a stpid meme can drum up overnight, so any blockchain that does not have more than that much hash power is a mistake from the start and should find some other format to use instead of trying to be a blockchain.

Maybe do as other coins did in the past: move to using Open Transactions instead of a blockchain.

Blockchains are insanely expensive to secure. So it is not surprising that most cannot be secured.

Shift to some other platform instead of trying to be a blockchain.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Scooby903

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:13:16 AM

Don't take what I said as support...I just try to stay out of his way  Wink

What happened though?  That thread doesn't really make a whole lot of sense as far as where he is coming from...was there another interaction between you two that bled over into that thread?
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:15:42 AM

What happened though?  That thread doesn't really make a whole lot of sense as far as where he is coming from...was there another interaction between you two that bled over into that thread?

No, nothing else other than that.

Gamecoin Official Thread
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:23:48 AM

well, in this case he will probably not do anything, if that was your only interaction with him. Perhaps he was just messing ...

bitclock

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:30:46 AM

He killed NAN twice I believe. Recommend getting more miners on the network, stat!

Let's color the MOON: Y9SZ5rdJ4xNUyLrn2ThCo8myPCkgLb2KVu
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:37:36 AM

well, in this case he will probably not do anything, if that was your only interaction with him. Perhaps he was just messing ...

After seeing this post he probably will attempt to fork it just to show off.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: