Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:42:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Satoshi Nakamoto ? Suspects, frauds and conspiracies on bitcointalk  (Read 10735 times)
xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:30:19 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto is still alive and I believe the conspiracy theory that he is still active on this bitcointalk forum and part of the administrator of the forum. But my problem is how will anyone with the skills to invent such a great technology will be hiding.

Whether alive or not. There are very good reasons to be hiding.

Some people do not seek fame, Government attention, Media attention or wealth. Some people do things because it is the right thing to do and prefer to hide from the limelight.

Privacy - a common saying is if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

Cool - I'm happy to take away your curtains and your toilet door ! Others will be happy to steal your identity and possessions.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:44:09 AM

I'm not seeking Satoshi.
I'm seeking who is not Satoshi.

Lips sealed   Cool

I agree. There will be many charlatans claiming to be Satoshi.

It is the only hindrance of not knowing his identity.

One big red flag is when someone utters "I am Satoshi" as I don't believe the real Satoshi would say that.

We are satoshi?
Grin

We as in Me, Myself and I ?

I think everyone participates in Satoshis vision. Some positively and some not...

For the record, logs I have are stored in multiple locations and I have also made sure that people who I can assume to trust in the Bitcoin space know my identity.

I'm quite excited that someone like you, bitcoinFX (user number 30 !) is here on the forum able to relay some of his experiences. Without these very early adopters bitcoin would not be where it is now. There are contributors all along the way in different roles but it is something very unique if you can take part in something like this right at the start.

What would make an awesome book to read is if most of the people involved early on in bitcoin all wrote one page or one chapter each.

No as in Satoshi is a team of cypherpunks  Grin

Timelines of 2 prominent founders within this group coexist in a strange twist of political intrigue, intelligence agencies, disappearance and asylum

I like conspiracy theories, make it up as you go along so much easier

Grin
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:59:02 AM

Samsung, Toshiba, Nakamichi, Motorolla.

Has anyone tried contacting them to see if they know whereabouts of Satoshi Nakamoto? Perhaps he was one individual working with them or four individuals working as one. who knows.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:11:57 AM

Timelines of 2 prominent founders within this group coexist in a strange twist of political intrigue, intelligence agencies, disappearance and asylum

Make it up as you go.

That is what politicians, intelligence agencies and people stuck in asylums often do too.  Grin

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:15:56 AM

Make it up as you go.
That is what politicians, intelligence agencies and people stuck in asylums often do too.  Grin

No reason to reinvent the wheel, follow the crazies

So as the theory continues...
Disappearance and Asylum

6 months apart, founders, cypherpunk group - who and who (disappeared and requested to be crazy [asylum])?  Grin

Grin
xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:24:26 AM

Make it up as you go.
That is what politicians, intelligence agencies and people stuck in asylums often do too.  Grin

No reason to reinvent the wheel, follow the crazies

So as the theory continues...
Disappearance and Asylum

6 months apart, founders, cypherpunk group - who and who (disappeared and requested to be crazy [asylum])?  Grin

Can you elaborate ?

munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:57:18 AM

There are many reasons why Satoshi's identity is left hidden. We should respect his privacy and appreciate the work he had developed for the use of humanity which is really overwhelming.
Qeupe

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:20:28 PM

Let it be a mystery, there must be a good weld why it is hidden. The most important thing now is the result of his work that has changed the world, its impact is greatly felt by the community. His dedication has helped many people in financial terms, thanks Satoshi
Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:28:57 PM

Let it be a mystery, there must be a good weld why it is hidden. The most important thing now is the result of his work that has changed the world, its impact is greatly felt by the community. His dedication has helped many people in financial terms, thanks Satoshi

well, we must not focus about the creator of bitcoin. we must focus on what is good about it. focus on your investments, earnings and many more. We believe that Satoshi Nakamoto is a great creator of Bitcoin, his/her dedication on pushing Bitcoin to be legalized in many countries is very good, I believe that Many investors are now thankful on Satoshi Nakamoto because of his legacy unto us.

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:00:50 PM

well, we must not focus about the creator of bitcoin. we must focus on what is good about it. focus on your investments, earnings and many more. We believe that Satoshi Nakamoto is a great creator of Bitcoin, his/her dedication on pushing Bitcoin to be legalized in many countries is very good, I believe that Many investors are now thankful on Satoshi Nakamoto because of his legacy unto us.
Sometimes its ok to be curious on whats happening. For us humans, its normal that we seek for the truth and all the things about something. Satoshi nakamoto is a alias used by a person or group that created bitcoin. Its real identity is not known, but there people that claiming they're satoshi nakamoto but they dont have valid reason. I think the real satoshi just wanted to help the people but dont want to be known its real identity.
atogsice

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:03:01 PM

More than his coding skills, I like how he has kept his identity hidden. He though about long term.
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:06:14 PM

People like misteries and conspiracy theories more than everything, they enjoy it so much. So the same it's with Satoshi too.
I believe that Satoshi whoever he/she/it is will not reveal the true identity, this will remain the secret. And besides to feed the curiosity there is no reason to know the actual identity.
arabellascott21

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:02:39 PM

Nobody would really know for sure. Let's just respect his privacy and let him be. We will know eventually who he is if he do reveal himself.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:23:28 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2018, 07:20:23 PM by mymenace

A

State
Authority of
Totalitarian control by
Oligarchs using a
System of
Hierarchical
Institutions

You are

We are

Satoshi

You are already one Satoshi of many, use Bitcoin as your weapon and break free

Developers of bitcoin
Satoshi Nakamoto
Team
Satoshi Dead, Nakamoto Imprisoned

Grin
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:00:59 PM

This was a very interesting read, OP. You have truly gone above and beyond to gather this list of findings, you might consider changing your career to be a detective  Tongue

He made almost no posts between the hours of 5 a.m. and 11 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time.
I think this was an important piece of the puzzle. Considering every human needs sleep, I would say this is his night time, thus putting him on a US timezone for sure.

Some people were saying he was UK based but I don't think that's accurate. So, we could exclude that.

lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:33:00 PM

Samsung, Toshiba, Nakamichi, Motorolla.

Has anyone tried contacting them to see if they know whereabouts of Satoshi Nakamoto? Perhaps he was one individual working with them or four individuals working as one. who knows.
I think we will not find out the truth. Contact will not do anything. With kis to contact? these are huge companies. I can see that working people are not facts.
salimRonn123

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:07:56 PM

Privacy - a common saying is that if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about. Others will be happy to steal your identity and property. The schedules of two prominent founders in this group coexist in a strange transformation of political conspiracy, intelligence, disappearance and refugees.
ubiheal200

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:05:30 AM

Has anyone tried to contact them to see if they know where Satoshi Nakamoto is? There are many reasons why the identity of Satoshi is hidden. Let it be a mystery, there must be a good solder why it hidden. His dedication helped many people in financial terms, thanks, Satoshi
pumbum

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:10:09 PM

I think that the faces will appear only when the cryptocurrency will be useless. or when the cryptocurrency will deanonymization thanks to the power of a computer at the end of the money in Fiat
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:48:23 AM

Who is Satoshi Nakamoto ?

Satoshi Nakamoto is a talented cipher and coder.
Wrote the whitepaper on bitcoin "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" and published it on the cypherpunks mailing list in October 2008
Developed the code for bitcoin and founded https://bitcointalk.org
He used an e-mail address and a web site that is untraceable.
In 2009 and 2010, he wrote hundreds of posts in flawless English.
He invited other software developers to help him improve the code, and corresponded with them,
He never revealed any personal details.
Stefan Thomas, a Swiss coder and active community member, graphed the time stamps for each of Nakamoto's bitcoin forum posts and found:
He made almost no posts between the hours of 5 a.m. and 11 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time.
In April, 2011, he sent a note to a developer saying that he had “moved on to other things.” He has not been heard from since.

His birthday is said to be on April 5, 1975 according to this post.
(But it is likely that he didn't select his real birth-date)

His writing is clean, with few typos.
He shows a high proficiency in English. Making very few mistakes.
After his first post, in which he used American spelling, he switched to English spelling for all the rest.

Quote from: satoshi
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 4:38 PM
To: "Wei Dai" <weidai@ibiblio.org>
Cc: "Satoshi Nakamoto" <satoshi@anonymousspeech.com>
Subject: Citation of your b-money page

I was very interested to read your b-money page.  I'm getting ready to
release a paper that expands on your ideas into a complete working system.
Adam Back (hashcash.org) noticed the similarities and pointed me to your
site.

I need to find out the year of publication of your b-money page for the
citation in my paper.  It'll look like:
[1] W. Dai, "b-money," http://www.weidai.com/bmoney.txt, (2006?).

You can download a pre-release draft at
http://www.upload.ae/file/6157/ecash-pdf.html  Feel free to forward it to
anyone else you think would be interested.

Title: Electronic Cash Without a Trusted Third Party

Abstract: A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow
online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without the
burdens of going through a financial institution.  Digital signatures
offer part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted
party is still required to prevent double-spending.  We propose a solution
to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network.  The network
timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of
hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without
redoing the proof-of-work.  The longest chain not only serves as proof of
the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest
pool of CPU power.  As long as honest nodes control the most CPU power on
the network, they can generate the longest chain and outpace any
attackers.  The network itself requires minimal structure.  Messages are
broadcasted on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the
network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of
what happened while they were gone.

Satoshi

Was Satoshi a good coder ?

It was pretty good: I'd give it a grade of B+. The worst problem was that there were only a few, huge files, but if you ignored that then it made a lot of sense. It was written in (then-)modern C++, clearly with a lot of care. It was clearly not written in a stream-of-consciousness manner. There were very few bugs that you could blame on lack of programming skill.

My personal suspicion in this area is that Satoshi was never (or not recently) a full-time programmer, but he was pretty familiar with computer science (maybe a student or academic?), and he'd read some comprehensive C++ book just before starting on Bitcoin, so he made full and correct usage of C++ features in a slightly messy way.

Someone hacked Satoshis email account to try and discover who he is:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2062951.0

There are websites dedicated to preserving the writings of Satoshi Nakamoto:
https://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org/
http://satoshinakamoto.me/
The Dai / Nakamoto Emails:
https://www.gwern.net/docs/bitcoin/2008-nakamoto

Satoshi Nakamoto translated (meaning) https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@decentro/satoshi-nakamoto-a-comprehensive-translation-of-an-enigma

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399281.msg4336076#msg4336076

Lots of people have been suspected of being Satoshi:

People who corresponded with him have all been named as suspects:

‎Hal Finney, Martti Malmi,  Adam Back, Michael Marquardt, Gavin Andresen and Wei Dai.

But in doing so are we minimising those individuals own contribution to Bitcoin.
They may not be the founder but they are the apostles.

Bitcoin is a collaboration of efforts based on a combination of ideas all consolidated in this whitepaper
It was then executed by a group of individuals, both identified and anonymous.

Many threads with some compelling arguments have been made about it.

I'm not going to duplicate the theories but have instead provided the links to various theories on here:

People or organisations that have been suspected of being Satoshi:

Charles Bry, David Chaum, Neal J. King, Shinichi Mochizuki, John Nash, Tatsuaki Okamoto, Vladimir Oksman, Gavin Andresen, Andreas Antonopoulos, Peter Bachman, John Perry Barlow, Doug Barnes, Michel Bauwens, BCNext, Tim Berners-Lee, Jim Bell, Kay Bell, Tamas Blummer, Nicholas Bohm, S. Boxx, Stefan Brands, Eli Brandt, Greg Broiles, Patrick Byrne, Jan Camenisch, Arthur Chandler, Jim Choate, Igor Chudov, Bram Cohen, Nick Collision, Matt Corallo, Geoff Dale, Luke Dashjr, L.Detweiler, Whitfield Diffie, Ray Dillinger, Jamie Dinkelacker, James A. Donald, Dooglus, Barry Downey, Evan Duffield, Vincent Durham, Tony Eng, Dan Fabulich, Niels Ferguson, Paul Ferguson, Amos Fiat, Art Forz, Matthew Franklin, Patri Friedman, Curtis D. Frye, Tony Gallippi, Jeff Garzik, Matthew Gaylor, John Gilmore, David Gordon, James Orlin Grabbe, Ron Gross, Ashish Gulhati, Laszlo Hanyecz, Martin Hellman, Michael Hendrix, Eyal Hertzog, Robert A. Hettinga, Eric Hughes, Mike Ingle, David Irvine, Douglas Jackson, Victor K., Jeff Kane, Mark Karpeles, Sunny King, Steve Klingsporn, Con Kolivas,  Dave Krieger, Nick Lambert, Matthew B. Landry, Laurie Law, Charles/Charlie Lee, Vili Lehdonvirta, Hendrik Lenstra, Romana Machado, Michael Marquardt, Yossi Matias, Gregory/Greg Maxwell, Timothy C. May, Jed McCaleb, Stanton McCandlish, James McCarthy, Jim McCoy, Alfred J. Menezes, Perry E. Metzger, Jude Milhon, Max More, David Naccache, Daniel A. Nagy, Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto, Moni Naor, Satoshi Obana, Kazuo Ohta, Donald O'Mahony, Jackson Palmer, Torben Pedersen, Michael Peirce, Jean-Marc Piveteau, Naval Ravikant, Ben Reeves, Ron Rivest, Meni Rosenfeld, Nikolay Rozhok, Gary Rowe, Susan Sabett, Mayank Sahu, Steve Schear, Andreas Schildbach, Nils Schneider, Berry Schoenmakers, Adi Shamir, Carol Shaw, Charlie Shrem, Barry Silbert, Jerry Solinas, Markus Stadler, Bill Stewart, Patrick Strateman, Aaron Swartz, Amir Taaki, Yael Tauman, Hitesh Tewari, Will Thomas, Peter Todd, Zhou Tong, Dustin D. Trammell, Patrick P. Tsang,  Wladimir J. van der Laan, Thomas Vartanian, Roger Ver, Paul Vernon, Sebastiaan von Solms, Erik Voorhees, Michael Weber, Russell E. Whitaker, Zooko Wilcox-O’Hearn, Peter Wuille, Moti Yung, Phil Zimmerman, Haibin Zhang, Theymos, Marti Malmi , Hal Finney #1 , #2 ' Nick Szabo #1, #2, #3,Mike Hearn,Michael Clear,Dave Kleiman,Not Wright or Kleiman (good post), Craig Steven Wright #1, #2,Ross Ulbricht, Julian Assange,Wei Dai, Ben Laurie, Nick Szabo, Adam Back, Japanese mathematician Shinichi Mochizuki,#1, #2

Craig Steven Wright lawsuit by Dave Kleiman Estate
https://www.scribd.com/document/372445546/Bitcoin-Lawsuit (external link)

Private key for the GENESIS block hidden in these equations?

IBM, DARPA, Google

FBI, CIA, NSA, MI5, FSB, Mossad

YOU ?

Articles involving writing analysis:
Bootstrapped Gavin: Satoshi Nakamoto’s identity revealed!
Research on Satoshi Nakamoto identity

Forbes journalist, Andy Greenberg discovered that a man by the name of Dorian Nakamoto, (born Satoshi) was living only a few blocks from Hal Finney. (The man who received the first bitcoin transaction)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769004.0 Dorian Nakamoto and Hal Finney

The impact was so adverse on Dorian Nakamoto that Andreas Antonopoulos ran a fundraiser for him.
Check fundraising address here: https://blockchain.info/address/1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX  (Given to him in March 2014)

Most comprehensive list of suspects.

Conspiracies:

Conspiracy theories
Gavin Andreson and the CIA killed Satoshi
Satoshi is an AI robot

Frauds:

a fake Satoshi replied
another fake Satoshi
"Satoshis spokesperson" -Miss Roselyn Hamilton
Craig Wright “Mr Fake”
Convicted fraudster Ronald Keala Kua Maria
Satoshi is writing a book
Paper: Duality: An excerpt

There is a theory that the name is made up of common industrial companies.

SA            TOSHi  NAKA        MOTO
Samsung Toshiba Nakamichi Motorola

If Satoshi Nakamoto wanted to be known by another identity it is up to him or her to make that move. It is clear from the writing that they were deeply concerned about privacy.

Here are the writings of the real Satoshi

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/229qvr/happy_birthday_satoshi_nakamoto/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775174.0

The current most popular theory:

Satoshi Nakamotos' current github is showing a photo of Dave Kleiman
https://github.com/satoshinnakamoto

Mr Wright has also demonstrated this verification in person to The Economist—and not just for block 9, but block 1. Such demonstrations can be stage-managed; and information that allows us to go through the verification process independently was provided too late for us to do so fully. Still, as far as we can tell he indeed seems to be in possession of the keys, at least for block 9. This assessment is shared by two bitcoin insiders who have sat through the same demonstration: Jon Matonis, a bitcoin consultant and former director of the Bitcoin Foundation, and Gavin Andresen
https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2016/05/02/2160632/oh-my-craig-wrights-keys-of-revelation/

This in combination to the claims made in the Dave Kleiman Estate lawsuit against Craig Wright makes Dave Kleiman the current most plausible suspect.

Craig Wright filed a motion to dismiss

But I'm still skeptical of the claim because it is reliant on Craig Wrights testimony. In my opinion he has a $54 million reason to lie.

Adresses debunked: https://blog.wizsec.jp/2018/02/kleiman-v-craig-wright-bitcoins.html

Has Craig Wright Committed Perjury? https://hackernoon.com/has-craig-wright-committed-perjury-new-information-in-the-kleiman-case-cbaaf2628e93

Wright claimed AU$54 million in tax rebates for R&D in 2014/15. That is a lot of motive for a hoax. https://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-australian-who-may-have-invented-bitcoin-claimed-to-have-landed-54m-in-taxpayer-funded-rebates-2015-12

Wrights own mother claims he has a habit of lying: http://archive.is/kjuLi#selection-1655.0-1655.94

Craig Wrights MtGox account also is not that of a "whale" https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hx3q9/according_to_the_mtgox_leaks_from_early_2014_our/

Wright also claimed to have a  PhD in computer science with Sydney's Charles Sturt University (CSU). But the university denied ever handing him a Phd.

Cybersecurity firm Wizsec dismisses the Wright claims on which the Kleiman lawsuit is based as "fantasy" https://blog.wizsec.jp/2018/02/kleiman-v-craig-wright-bitcoins.html

My conclusion:

I rather not know. I think the mystery makes it more intriguing. Some legends are better as legends. Like Merlin and Robin Hood.

Further reading:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/10/10/the-crypto-currency

Re: Satoshi is Back, suggests Fortune
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4575874.msg41411073#msg41411073

Satoshis missing posts  -Theymos (also quoted below)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56272.msg669898#msg669898

This is a work in progress, corrections and additions are welcome.  
Sources: UsernameBitcoin, AGD,  BitcoinFX
Bitcoin was introduced in 2009 , a decade ago and now it has been considered as the finest invention to the mankind and SATOSHI NAKAMOTO, is the first who is considered behind the invention of bitcoin, though nobody has met him yet and his presence is even doubtful as nobody has seen him yet but there are gossip that he used to talk and interact with people on social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook, though, I haven’t chat with him yet but once I got chance, I would like to meet him once in my life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: