Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:02:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ★★ EBT Coin - Entropybit 100% PoS - Multipool - Bugfix version 4.0.3! ★★  (Read 131617 times)
DannyTom

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:43:59 PM

If the dev can be gotten ahold of and will turn over the domain ebt-coin.com to the group I have a friend with a hosting company that can set up a site for the relaunch.

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:00:02 AM

If the dev can be gotten ahold of and will turn over the domain ebt-coin.com to the group I have a friend with a hosting company that can set up a site for the relaunch.

do you really need the old domain?  Just create a new one. perhaps with .org
DannyTom

Activity: 350

View Profile
EBT
October 30, 2014, 07:58:29 PM

Could, they're cheap enough, but still, if you're keeping up with EBT then there would be 2 sites for people who've never heard of bitcoin talk to get confused by.  Plus whoever currently owns ebt-coin.com, it won't expire until 2016-01-27

Personally, I don't think saving the coin as it exists is possible.  We'd need to create a new coin code/wallet and there are too many of them out there already.  Then there's the whole branding issue and EBT has already put a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.  

Talking about community takeover, look at quarkbar.  They're having very slow growth after the community takeover because of the original dev's scam.  They're doing a great job with it, but it's difficult.

Personally I'm just done with EBT and sticking with bitquark as my alt of choice that's not one of the big 3's.

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:01:08 PM

seen this: 5 people needed.

rrrrright. Community is important for promotion and all the little stuff BUT i can't fix it. I am around, giving positive comments, helping with promo and so on, BUT there needs to be a dev who is responsible for the coin running how expected. Dev isn't nanny for all - but he has to be there and at least make sure the coin is running.

Make the coin running if you can, we help promote it and make it shiny once this thing can be transacted again. I have no idea how i could help right now since i have no coding-skills. But i am watching. Hope we get something going here again. Coin was a nice idea. I am supporting.
Armis

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:43:54 AM

Could, they're cheap enough, but still, if you're keeping up with EBT then there would be 2 sites for people who've never heard of bitcoin talk to get confused by.  Plus whoever currently owns ebt-coin.com, it won't expire until 2016-01-27

Personally, I don't think saving the coin as it exists is possible.  We'd need to create a new coin code/wallet and there are too many of them out there already.  Then there's the whole branding issue and EBT has already put a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.  

Talking about community takeover, look at quarkbar.  They're having very slow growth after the community takeover because of the original dev's scam.  They're doing a great job with it, but it's difficult.

Personally I'm just done with EBT and sticking with bitquark as my alt of choice that's not one of the big 3's.

EMC2 is going though the same experience, we are turning a major corner in the coming days.   We are creating a publication that, in part, will provide information to coins in CC rehabilitation preparing for redevelopment.   

Although what you said is true -- that it is not practical to revive EBT, IMO if a coin has a true purpose, not for scamming, and not just for getting to an exchange, but actually for real use as currency it should be saved / redeveloped.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 06:40:09 AM

EMC2 is going though the same experience, we are turning a major corner in the coming days.   We are creating a publication that, in part, will provide information to coins in CC rehabilitation preparing for redevelopment.   

Although what you said is true -- that it is not practical to revive EBT, IMO if a coin has a true purpose, not for scamming, and not just for getting to an exchange, but actually for real use as currency it should be saved / redeveloped.

You're right, but for that you need investors (whales) and A LOT of patience. After that your chances for success are like 3-5%, because nowadays most of the whales are into coins which gives them 50-150% profit (for example) in a matter of hours. To be dedicated to one project is not enough. Look at SFR for example. Dedicated team, a lot of features, good ideas about coin's future, but.... look at the price. I am huge investor there though, because I believe in it's future. Now compare SFR with coins like CANN. Coin with x5 more supply which reached x3-x4 times the highest price of SFR. And for what? Of course that it was pump and dump coin, but whales did their profit and just move to another one.

P.S. Armis, I am EMC2 supporter since it was launched and although I sold some coins on exchanges, I stil hold 1.7M+ EMC2 and not planning selling them in near future. However, the same applies to EBT, but the main difference here is that EBT is plain dead...
P.S.2. I am part of another coin which is called FAILCoin. It seems dead, it is highly possible to die, but guess what? I don't care! After exactly 5 hours I am on meeting (in person) with 3 coders which may be involved in it and I hope that we will reach to agreement. I talked with 15+ coders for FAIL and I did understand that some of them launched 10s of coins and have wallets with hundreds and thousands BTC. Others (like defaced for example - dev of Franko and ADN (I also remember that Franko team helped EBT at the beginning)) don't have such amounts, because they are honest. As long as a coin has devoted members there are chances for some success, but EBT don't have them.   

V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:02:22 AM

You're right, but for that you need investors (whales) and A LOT of patience. After that your chances for success are like 3-5%, because nowadays most of the whales are into coins which gives them 50-150% profit (for example) in a matter of hours. To be dedicated to one project is not enough. Look at SFR for example. Dedicated team, a lot of features, good ideas about coin's future, but.... look at the price. I am huge investor there though, because I believe in it's future. Now compare SFR with coins like CANN. Coin with x5 more supply which reached x3-x4 times the highest price of SFR. And for what? Of course that it was pump and dump coin, but whales did their profit and just move to another one.

P.S. Armis, I am EMC2 supporter since it was launched and although I sold some coins on exchanges, I stil hold 1.7M+ EMC2 and not planning selling them in near future. However, the same applies to EBT, but the main difference here is that EBT is plain dead...
P.S.2. I am part of another coin which is called FAILCoin. It seems dead, it is highly possible to die, but guess what? I don't care! After exactly 5 hours I am on meeting (in person) with 3 coders which may be involved in it and I hope that we will reach to agreement. I talked with 15+ coders for FAIL and I did understand that some of them launched 10s of coins and have wallets with hundreds and thousands BTC. Others (like defaced for example - dev of Franko and ADN (I also remember that Franko team helped EBT at the beginning)) don't have such amounts, because they are honest. As long as a coin has devoted members there are chances for some success, but EBT don't have them.    

i love it how people attend threads just to tell people "don't even try; it's dead"
You get that on almost all troubled coins. These are the pumpchasers that buy the coins for 5x the value from you later after it looks good again Wink

Thanks for leaving your message of "no hope", we don't care.  Wink

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 07:51:09 AM

i love it how people attend threads just to tell people "don't even try; it's dead"
You get that on almost all troubled coins. These are the pumpchasers that buy the coins for 5x the value from you later after it looks good again Wink

Thanks for leaving your message of "no hope", we don't care.  Wink

Then we have something in common - we both feel love, but I love professors like you who answer to people without thinking (and do some background check). I will tell you something about me:

1. I am one of the biggest EBT holders and early investors. I also didn't sold a single coin on exchanges... even when EBT was listed on Poloniex.
2. I am mining with 400MH+ scrypt power since 6 months, I started a company and I am working with one very skilled trader so you can imagine what I have in my wallets.
3. Why should I bother reviving FAIL for example? I can just be involved in another pump (and I do understand them well... believe me) with mining or buying and move to another.. just like many people do.

Now I have one question:

1. What kind of pump can EBT have? The biggest volume was about 30 BTC (if I remember correctly) when the coin was listed on Poloniex. Now.. I was able to mine 100s of thousands of EBT/day with only 2.7MH before that. Why didn't I sold them at 200-300 satoshi? Because I was dreamer... just like you are now. Smiley

Look at XG and RZR threads and see the latest messages there. Why I don't have answer? Because it's the truth... simple truth.

V500

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:10:37 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 08:21:14 AM by V500

Thanks for leaving your message of "no hope", we don't care.  Wink

Then we have something in common - we both feel love, but I love professors like you who answer to people without thinking (and do some background check). I will tell you something about me:

1. I am one of the biggest EBT holders and early investors. I also didn't sold a single coin on exchanges... even when EBT was listed on Poloniex.
2. I am mining with 400MH+ scrypt power since 6 months, I started a company and I am working with one very skilled trader so you can imagine what I have in my wallets.
3. Why should I bother reviving FAIL for example? I can just be involved in another pump (and I do understand them well... believe me) with mining or buying and move to another.. just like many people do.

Now I have one question:

1. What kind of pump can EBT have? The biggest volume was about 30 BTC (if I remember correctly) when the coin was listed on Poloniex. Now.. I was able to mine 100s of thousands of EBT/day with only 2.7MH before that. Why didn't I sold them at 200-300 satoshi? Because I was dreamer... just like you are now. Smiley

Look at XG and RZR threads and see the latest messages there. Why I don't have answer? Because it's the truth... simple truth.

i don't see a problem with hardforking it and putting out a new client while disconnecting all the old ones. Sorry for not just giving in to being hopeless. Money can be made as quickly as it is lost around here. All we need is a skilled coder to do the technicals; promo and branding is the stuff the bagholders do. The dev will only have to look after a running system and profit from the EBT he is holding in the process. All we need is a dev who likes some honest work and money.
I fail to see any huge obstacles absolutely preventing us from bringing it back. EBT was no scam. It's a clean coin with thechnical difficulties from what i understand. Once the technicals are repaired this can be 200 or 500 sato again. Why not?
Being a clean coin with no history of rippoff makes it stand out all by itself. Would it have been a hidden premine or other scamcoin i would agree to move on, but EBT was better than that.

the answer to this messed up network is: hardfork and disconnect all the mess with the next update. (i am not 100% expert but i believe it should be possible from what i understand about coins)

Hardfork it, checkpoint it, make a ppc-clone or similar if it is beyond repair, release new client that only connects new clients, officially revive with worked-over brand, get listed on exchange again, restore the vision and prospects and everyone is happy.  Wink

It's not the "sit, wait, do nothing, profit". It'll be some work and the more someone holds the more he is responsible to take things up. I am only a small bagholder in this (just large enough to care as  much as i do).

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 08:25:43 AM

Thanks for leaving your message of "no hope", we don't care.  Wink

Now I have one question:

i don't see a problem with hardforking it and putting out a new client while disconnecting all the old ones. Sorry for not just giving in to being hopeless. Money can be made as quickly as it is lost around here. All we need is a skilled coder to do the technicals; promo and branding is the stuff the bagholders do. The dev will only have to look after a running system and profit from the EBT he is holding in the process. All we need is a dev who likes some honest work and money.
I fail to see any huge obstacles absolutely preventing us from bringing it back. EBT was no scam. It's a clean coin with thechnical difficulties from what i understand. Once the technicals are repaired this can be 200 or 500 sato again. Why not?
Being a clean coin with no history of rippoff makes it stand out all by itself. Would it have been a hidden premine or other scamcoin i would agree to move on, but EBT was better than that.

the answer to this messed up network is: hardfork and disconnect all the mess with the next update. (i am not 100% expert but i believe it should be possible from what i understand about coins)

Hardfork it, checkpoint it, make a ppc-clone or similar if it is beyond repair, release new client that only connects new clients, officially revive with worked-over brand, get listed on exchange again, restore the vision and prospects and everyone is happy.  Wink

I was trying to say something else, but I guess you didn't understand. Don't get me wrong... I know that people involved in EBT was honest and they had good intentions. That is why I was also believed in the project, but nowadays you need A LOT more than that. If EBT dev ever shows up he can confirm how much things I offered and tried to help (with exchanges, promoting etc..). Anyway... I will be more than happy if EBT has his revival, but I just don't believe in it. That's it...

popticu

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:28:52 AM

Thank you dev.
CartGeezer

Activity: 272

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:52:01 PM

RD965  As I indicated earlier your coin needs many thing, most of which is organizaton. 

Let me know when the EBT community is ready to organize.

I can't code for anything, but I can donate coin, if the blockchain was moving.  Any idea how much is needed?

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
Armis

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:28:10 PM

RD965  As I indicated earlier your coin needs many thing, most of which is organizaton. 

Let me know when the EBT community is ready to organize.

I can't code for anything, but I can donate coin, if the blockchain was moving.  Any idea how much is needed?

After you have 5 committed community members who are willing to lead the community in redeveloping the coin, that team will analyze the community's resources and determine the coin's needs and how best to achieve those goals.    If you are willing to step up and lead, simply state your intention and find others to join you on your journey.

EMC2 is willing to be a strategic partner to help you redevelop your coin.
filou4

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:23:05 AM

Hi all !

i am having issue to sync my wallet..
i am currently using wallet version : v4.1.1.1-gdf9d55a-EBT

my .conf is using :
addnode=192.211.62.50
addnode=114.22.28.17
addnode=95.43.216.142
addnode=68.35.89.205
addnode=50.125.168.242
addnode=206.72.206.148
addnode=88.191.185.113

any tips or addnode to get it sync again?

i am stuck at block 309999

thks for your reply !

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
RD965

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:19:25 PM

Hi all !

my .conf is using :
addnode=192.211.62.50
addnode=114.22.28.17
addnode=95.43.216.142
addnode=68.35.89.205
addnode=50.125.168.242
addnode=206.72.206.148
addnode=88.191.185.113

thks for your reply !

So I will sum up this whole thing for you:

- Nobody can sync their wallets unless they're really patient and on the right chain
- There is a funny chain thing going on so none but exchanges are in the correct one (that I know, there might be some users)
- Dev is gone, there is been some offers to retake the coin but nobody seems to care

I have a lot of EBT on transactions sent from an unsync wallet to Poloniex that I am afraid I ll never see again, and Ive tried so hard to fix my wallet and take it to sync but dude im telling you in this situation its not worth the effort

Grin
filou4

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:53:06 PM

Hi all !

my .conf is using :
addnode=192.211.62.50
addnode=114.22.28.17
addnode=95.43.216.142
addnode=68.35.89.205
addnode=50.125.168.242
addnode=206.72.206.148
addnode=88.191.185.113

thks for your reply !

- Nobody can sync their wallets unless they're really patient and on the right chain
- There is a funny chain thing going on so none but exchanges are in the correct one (that I know, there might be some users)
- Dev is gone, there is been some offers to retake the coin but nobody seems to care

I have a lot of EBT on transactions sent from an unsync wallet to Poloniex that I am afraid I ll never see again, and Ive tried so hard to fix my wallet and take it to sync but dude im telling you in this situation its not worth the effort

Grin

Hi RD,
thks for your fast reply.
ok.. so we're a bit in the same situation...
some EBTcoin traveling certainly on the wrong chain my side also...
will wait more & more about the wallet sync thing..

u using same addnode as i do?

thks, i wish u good luck !

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
filou4

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:12:41 PM

Hi all !

my .conf is using :
addnode=192.211.62.50
addnode=114.22.28.17
addnode=95.43.216.142
addnode=68.35.89.205
addnode=50.125.168.242
addnode=206.72.206.148
addnode=88.191.185.113

thks for your reply !

Grin

In fact most important is certainly to have the rights addnode= to avoid sync on the wrong chain...

so maybe ppl having a synched wallet can share theit addnode?

thks !

Armis

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:43:07 PM

Hi all !

my .conf is using :
addnode=192.211.62.50
addnode=114.22.28.17
addnode=95.43.216.142
addnode=68.35.89.205
addnode=50.125.168.242
addnode=206.72.206.148
addnode=88.191.185.113

thks for your reply !

Grin

In fact most important is certainly to have the rights addnode= to avoid sync on the wrong chain...

so maybe ppl having a synched wallet can share theit addnode?

thks !

the best thing to do is to read the last 10 pages of this thread, that will give you a good idea of where this coin is
CartGeezer

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:59:57 PM

I love POS coins.  I also love to mine.  I think it all started going downhill when mining was suddenly eliminated and the coin went straight POS.

CartGeezer

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:01:41 PM

@Armis

Got a flag from Avast when I clicked on your Armis banner.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: