Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914091 times)
linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:21:41 AM

Thanks for the info on yourself and what you'll be doing with the coin. I'm glad Max didn't join the White Walker's army as a dead coin.. there is some life to Max after all. At one time it had a large following so perhaps this will bring a few back. I still have a small bit of them and instead of dumping for nothing I'll hang on and see what happens. Good luck on updating the project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warbdan

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:31:15 AM

Oh man. Tell me Maxcoin is back! I'm still holding  A LOT from mining right after the launch. I bought some too. Man... talk about fast transactions. I still have my wallet.dat, so are my old coins still good on this reboot of the project? That'd be awesome. Oh, and fuck Max Keiser.
warbdan

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:37:10 AM

New v0.9.4 wallet is now available for download!  Find out more at https://blog.maxcoinhub.io.  Reboot and Refresh!

Did you take over max because it was a dead coin with a potential community ready to go, or did you get passed the torch from max himself - or whomever was running it for him? The development update didn't seem to cover that part.

I took over because I've always believed that Maxcoin has fantastic potential, has a great community, and was started by a couple of young developers who I think had the right idea and had their hearts in the right place, but fell short of seeing it through.  I even helped a bit three years ago, not with wallet development, but with building and hosting a Maxcoin chat room and coordinating and planning with Luke (the primary Maxcoin developer at that time).

At no point along the way did Keiser ask me to get involved.  Obviously, he's always been interested in Maxcoin but I've never seen any signs that he commissioned Maxcoin or dictated how it was managed.  He's asked questions and expressed support, but in my experience, there's never been anything more than that.  This is true even today.  My involvement with Maxcoin has been totally my own initiative, and honestly, we'll need more people to get involved to turn Maxcoin's potential into reality, but hopefully this is the first step down that path.

I have access to the maxcoinproject account on here, but wanted to at least get started by using my personal account first because I want it to be clear that we're more or less starting from scratch from a resources standpoint.

Please post questions, suggestions, and feedback so that we can help Maxcoin live up to its potential!

Hi goombaloon,

Why not joining the actual team and support them directly? , no doubt they could use a skilled hand, somehow taking over (right now) is not a good idea, since the coin just entered on the radar and got a spontaneous regain of interest, at best it will confuse everyone and kill the coin for good... . By the way using a side account, no offense, won't help either.

Tell us who you are, give us your vision, your logistic, your plans, and maybe...maybe it could work, until then even installing a wallet (sources?) coming from nowhere is a big no no for me.

I'm sure you understand the concerns Wink

Hi BTCspoon,

Yep, I definitely understand, appreciate, and even share some of your concerns...no offense taken.  Smiley

Regarding why I don't just join the actual team...I have.  Like I mentioned earlier, I was loosely involved with the Maxcoin team shortly after its initial launch 3 years ago.  Today, the original developers are no longer involved (though I've contacted Luke here and there recently) and I'm working directly with maxcoin.org.uk and a few others on rebooting this project, so please let me confirm that I am not taking over this coin.  All my recent efforts to get 0.9.4 released are captured on the Maxcoin Github project (github.com/Max-Coin), not on some other fork or anything like that.  The 0.9.4 download is available on the main Maxcoin github project at github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/releases/tag/v0.9.4.0.

Regarding who I am...I've been a professional developer for 25 years.  The vast majority of my experience is with Microsoft platforms, both pre-.NET using C/C++ and post-.NET using C#.  I've also done a bit of Java development and work on other platforms, including Linux.  Though I've done plenty of desktop development, the bulk of my work has been with web development.

Being that I'm full-time employed and have a family, I don't have a great deal of time to dedicate to Maxcoin, but I try to allocate nights and weekends as much as I can.  As such, we will need other developers to join in if we hope to succeed.  To that end, there are a few options that I'm currently exploring but would welcome more if anyone on this thread is interested or knows someone that would be.

As for my vision/plans...my first goal is just to get the Maxcoin codebase updated and build-able, deliver some needed fixes, and get some supporting infrastructure and tools in place so that we can then move on to more exciting things.  To that end, I've done (or am doing, or need help doing) the following:

• Put a node online (dnsseed.maxcoinhub.io) and am coordinating to put a few others online (including dnsseed.maxcoin.org.uk) to serve as seed nodes for new wallet installations to sync easily.  The lack of a well-defined and reliable set of seed nodes has been an ongoing issue, and this is intended to remedy that issue.
  • Developed and deployed a REST API for querying the blockchain.  This is available at api.maxcoinhub.io  The source code will be open sourced on the Github project (it was written in C# / .NET Core).  I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • Developed and deployed a mining stats page that provides a hashrate and difficulty chart along with up-to-the-minute stats.  This is available at node.maxcoinhub.io.
  • Updated the codebase on Github to make it build-able again.
  • Updated, expanded, and verified the documentation for building the source code on Windows and Ubuntu.  These are available at github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/blob/master/doc/build-msw.md and github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/blob/master/doc/build-linux.md, respectively.
  • Updated the code in 0.9.4 to use the new seed nodes created above.
  • Updated the maxcoin branding and logos in 0.9.4 to match with maxcoin.org.uk (again, we're working together as a team).
  • Deployed a development blog at blog.maxcoinhub.io that I'm planning to use to share this kind of information.  In fact, I think my next post will include what I've provided here.  Smiley
  • Working to get the Maxcoin DNS seeder daemon up and running on multiple seed nodes to further remedy the node availability and discoverability issue.
  • Provide a blockchain bootstrap torrent so that new wallet users can get the blockchain loaded on to their machines more quickly.  Sync times for new Maxcoin installations is pretty slow (on the order of days), so providing a torrent of a periodically updated snapshot of the blockchain should hopefully provide some near-term relief.
  • Optimize the Maxcoin blockchain syncing code so that the above bootstrap torrent is eventually no longer necessary.
  • Investigate and address as appropriate the current list of issues captured Github.
  • Build, deploy, and open source a new blockchain explorer that leverages the blockchain API built above.

Again, these are all part of an initial first step of "rebooting and refreshing".  After this initial first step, then I believe we'll be well-positioned to move on to bigger and better things, which hopefully the community will help define and drive between now and then.

From this point forward, I will switch over to posting from the maxcoinproject account in order to reduce confusion or concern.

Thanks for the feedback and please continue to provide any further feedback regarding questions, concerns, or suggestions!

Hi, thanks for doing all that work. I'll download the wallet and run a node. I did after launch until the devs stopped updating it. I'm not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination, but if you need any help with something that someone with limited html, css, and some java(again..limited) skills can do, I'll certainly try. Maxcoin had great potential, but it was tarnished after Max pumped and dumped it. It really was an awesome and FAST coin. I'd love to see it make a comeback with a new dev team and community support.
STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:01:55 AM

Hi all.
Sorry I haven't had time to read through the thread yet  but is this MaxCoin as in Maxkeisercoin??

If so is he involved at all?

Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:06:07 AM

Hi all.
Sorry I haven't had time to read through the thread yet  but is this MaxCoin as in Maxkeisercoin??

If so is he involved at all?

Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

So I just got those answers by reading this very page...lol...it's you too can laugh at my expense Wink

Here's another question I would like someone to answer plz....where's all the volume for maxcoin coming from/like who is showing so much interest and why?

I mean other coins listed around it clearly don't have as the same kind of volume.

Appreciate any replies.
Keep up the good work.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
TheBlaze

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:31:13 PM

Where the volume is coming from is one of the MaxCoin reboot mysteries. Jubi is the exchange that coinmarketcap.com references for current price and charts and volume for Maxcoin.  Jubi (a China exchange) is only open to Chinese citizens reportedly and furthermore it is said that Maxcoin deposit and withdrawal are not functioning. I don't know if that is still the case. It appears that the exchange operators are playing some kind of game. For many months the price of Max on yobit was much lower than Jubi. If Jubi prices and volume were REAL and REAL people were trading Max to such levels (as high as 15 cents while at yobit the price was 2 cents) why didn't these Chinese folks sell Max at Jubi and transfer BTC out to yobit to buy Maxcoin much cheaper. They would have if they actually existed and actually wanted to accumulate Maxcoin. I can't say I know exactly what is going on but the true market price and volume for Maxcoin is what is seen at the Yobit market. To further understand this issue it would be great to find a Mandarin fluent person who is into crypto!

Recently the price at Jubi has been falling reaching equality with Maxcoin at Yobit. Almost appearing as if deposits had opened up allowing arbitrage to correct the prices of the two exchanges. lol but within the last few days Jubi price crashed to like 1/3rd the yobit price (WTF does that mean).

Bottom line I would just ignore Jubi as this situation will sort itself out or resolve eventually. If the Maxcoin community keeps growing and pushing forward the volumes at Yobit (or at another exchange Max gets listed at) will overwhelm Jubi and coinmarketcap will reference the new exchange and the confusion will be gone. Or Jubi will unwind whatever game they are playing...something that appears to be currently underway...
warbdan

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:05:20 PM

We need more nodes running. The blockchain is syncing super slow. I'll get it done though, because Maxcoin is a great coin. It just had some noob developers and Max Keiser pumped and dumped. It was crazy fast to transact though, which I was really excited about. I'm stoked that development has been picked up again.

As far as the volume, it's mostly in China, but hopefully it will catch on in the rest of the world. It really is a great coin with some good prospects.

P.S. I'm digging the new logo and wallet. It looks much better than the old gold M.
HellMar

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:18:45 AM

We need more nodes running. The blockchain is syncing super slow. I'll get it done though, because Maxcoin is a great coin. It just had some noob developers and Max Keiser pumped and dumped. It was crazy fast to transact though, which I was really excited about. I'm stoked that development has been picked up again.

As far as the volume, it's mostly in China, but hopefully it will catch on in the rest of the world. It really is a great coin with some good prospects.

P.S. I'm digging the new logo and wallet. It looks much better than the old gold M.
Sync time is just abnormal!
Wallet can`t sync almost a week (and 70+ week of dlokfinding needs to syncing)...
Blockchain cache is MUST HAVE! Just like as at Verge (XVG) thread.
maxcoinproject (OP)

Activity: 156

MaxcoinProject.org

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 01:23:58 AM

Hi all!

As part of the short-term Maxcoin roadmap (https://blog.maxcoinhub.io/2017/08/30/short-term-maxcoin-roadmap), the blockchain bootstrap file is now available for download.

More info at: https://blog.maxcoinhub.io/2017/09/13/maxcoin-blockchain-bootstrap-now-available

I'd appreciate any assistance with testing the torrent download and bootstrap importing.  Please contact me with any problems, questions, or concerns.

Thanks!

Algorithm: Keccak (SHA-3) / Generation: 100 million MAX | Block time: 1 minute / Block Rewards: 8 coins per block / Halving every ~4 years | Premine: Zero – not premined / Fees: Zero – no transaction fees ( close to zero ) | Difficulty: Retargets every block. | MAX Speed. MAX Security. MAX Protection. MAXcoin.
HellMar

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:19:40 AM

Thanks, mate!  Smiley Smiley
At last i`ll sync it  Smiley Smiley
TheBlaze

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:22:19 PM

Where the volume is coming from is one of the MaxCoin reboot mysteries. Jubi is the exchange that coinmarketcap.com references for current price and charts and volume for Maxcoin.  Jubi (a China exchange) is only open to Chinese citizens reportedly and furthermore it is said that Maxcoin deposit and withdrawal are not functioning. I don't know if that is still the case. It appears that the exchange operators are playing some kind of game. For many months the price of Max on yobit was much lower than Jubi. If Jubi prices and volume were REAL and REAL people were trading Max to such levels (as high as 15 cents while at yobit the price was 2 cents) why didn't these Chinese folks sell Max at Jubi and transfer BTC out to yobit to buy Maxcoin much cheaper. They would have if they actually existed and actually wanted to accumulate Maxcoin. I can't say I know exactly what is going on but the true market price and volume for Maxcoin is what is seen at the Yobit market. To further understand this issue it would be great to find a Mandarin fluent person who is into crypto!

Recently the price at Jubi has been falling reaching equality with Maxcoin at Yobit. Almost appearing as if deposits had opened up allowing arbitrage to correct the prices of the two exchanges. lol but within the last few days Jubi price crashed to like 1/3rd the yobit price (WTF does that mean).

Bottom line I would just ignore Jubi as this situation will sort itself out or resolve eventually. If the Maxcoin community keeps growing and pushing forward the volumes at Yobit (or at another exchange Max gets listed at) will overwhelm Jubi and coinmarketcap will reference the new exchange and the confusion will be gone. Or Jubi will unwind whatever game they are playing...something that appears to be currently underway...

Well the situation did sort it sell out and much quicker than I thought! As part of the China shutdown Maxcoin trading ceased on Jubi exchange. Coinmarketcap now references the Yobit price and volume data in the chart and feed. One thing that I find curious is the google translation for Max closing on Jubi translates as follows,

尊敬的聚币用户:

聚币网将于2017年9月17日晚上24点暂停WDC、MAX、PLC交易,请及时转出至其他平台或钱包。
The grid will be suspended at 24:00 on September 17, 2017 WDC、MAX、PLC Trading, please transfer to other platforms or wallet in time.

There are other shutdown info on Jubi main page so more appears to be happening to trading other than these three coins. Perhaps they are closing a few coins at a time? Also the word suspended is interesting....does that mean this action is temporary? or is the meaning lost in translation hmm

you can see it for yourself here, https://www.jubi.com/gonggao/2913.html
1WorldOnline

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:23:20 PM

Is there a service associated with this currency?
warbdan

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:08:06 PM

Is there a service associated with this currency?

Hopefully....someday. Maxcoin offers UBER fast transactions.
KripCoin

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:33:36 PM

What's profit of mining MAX with AMD cards now?
Can I earn back my power fee or not Huh
BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:34:46 AM

Rest my case ... had people been reading my posts all along ...
JUBI WAS NOT REAL WORLD!!!

Glad I offloaded when YOBIT hit the market.

Development is predictably going in the same direction ... expect the same results.
Unfortunately, I feel they don't know the difference ... hence the problem.

And, on the website, "China Wakes up to Maxcoin" July 2017, should be replaced with,
"China Kills Maxcoin Zombie Dead!!!" September 2017.

Well, you've been vomiting your nonsense on this coin like a parasitic maniac for ages now, nobody cares or need you. Aren't you the one who told us...at least 5 times "I quit bla bla bla because bla" do it already, move on (deleting your old posts won't help you...)
Are we getting ride of you for good this time? if yes, Maxcoin can rejoice.
TheBlaze

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:35:31 AM

Rest my case ... had people been reading my posts all along ...
JUBI WAS NOT REAL WORLD!!!

Glad I offloaded when YOBIT hit the market.

Development is predictably going in the same direction ... expect the same results.
Unfortunately, I feel they don't know the difference ... hence the problem.

And, on the website, "China Wakes up to Maxcoin" July 2017, should be replaced with,
"China Kills Maxcoin Zombie Dead!!!" September 2017.

Well, you've been vomiting your nonsense on this coin like a parasitic maniac for ages now, nobody cares or need you. Aren't you the one who told us...at least 5 times "I quit bla bla bla because bla" do it already, move on (deleting your old posts won't help you...)
Are we getting ride of you for good this time? if yes, Maxcoin can rejoice.

Let's rejoice regardless because he probably won't go away. Tradionally his next move will be to say he is warning us -as if the risks are not plane as the sky is blue. He makes it sound like a mental act of genuis figuring out that Jubi was not real world and "had we read his posts". Hardly no one has been buying on yobit. Had the no one who bought read your posts they still would not have bought. You saved no one from nothing. You are just mad cause things didn't work out and you sold and now you want to talk it down because the thought of maxcoin succeeding would anger you even more. My advice is to truly let this thing go or buy back in and drink the cool aide once more lol. If you can't leave maybe you belong here? I know these emotions because i too have wrestled with them.  That said, maxcoin has new devs who are ambitious lets give them a chance! 

This is a great time to mention to those new to crypto. Don't invest more than you can handle loosing. You don't want to end up bitter! If you can't resist and you do invest too much then own your mistake and understand it was your fault.

I read on twitter there is a new website and forum and block explorer coming soon!
TheBlaze

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:52:36 AM

Let's stop thinking about price and start thinking about a community.
Otherwise attempts at renaissance will be futile....

"The expression cart before the horse is an idiom or proverb used to suggest something is done contrary to a conventional or culturally expected order or relationship.[1] A cart is a vehicle which is ordinarily pulled by a horse, so to put the cart before the horse is an analogy for doing things in the wrong order.  The earliest recorded use of the proverb was in the early 16th century.[6] It was a figure of speech in the Renaissance.[7]"
-from Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cart_before_the_horse
aiwazz

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:03:56 AM

Many project looks nice and after this become dead. And oposite. We will see what will happen
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:23:00 PM

Many project looks nice and after this become dead. And oposite. We will see what will happen

I think the market speaks .. loud and clear here
MaxLover

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:02:28 AM

10 days and no response, no sarcastic snippet, no discrediting, no reaction ...

When you ignore an idiot long enough, he will tire of the game and do something else. Don't give them their 15 minutes of infamy. Let them drown in the inkiness of anonymity.
Pages: « 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: